snp
8/13/2008, 01:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3533386

Hope he smokes OSU.

Curly Bill
8/13/2008, 01:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3533386

Hope he smokes OSU.

Smokes them nothing, he's liable to pop a cap on dat ***!

Boomer.....
8/13/2008, 01:12 PM
Will he be eligible this year?

OUDoc
8/13/2008, 01:13 PM
I think he got a full release and never officially practiced with the team, from what I heard. So, yes, I think so.

badger
8/13/2008, 01:18 PM
Will he be eligible this year?

That is the $64,000 question! The answer, coming directly from my sports expert colleague, is that so long as he enrolls before Troy starts, he will be eligible!

Thus, another former Sooner ends up on the Poke schedule. Think they'll boo him worse than Brett Romar?

Mad Dog Madsen
8/13/2008, 01:38 PM
Troy has a tough schedule this year. They hafta play @ LSU and @ Ohio State before they even come to Stillwater. I'd like to see what Jarboe does in those games if he does get to play.

Curly Bill
8/13/2008, 01:41 PM
I have a feeling that he's going to be a beast.

Then we'll get to lament the fact that he didn't have his act straight when he got here...

...either that or we can blame Bob for kicking him off too soon. :P

E-Town
8/13/2008, 01:49 PM
Smokes them nothing, he's liable to pop a cap on dat ***!

That's funny, but then again it's not once you think about it. It did make me laugh though. :D

OUMallen
8/13/2008, 02:24 PM
He is eligible from what I've heard.

SteelClip49
8/13/2008, 02:43 PM
Go Pokes!!!! Now that Jarboe is a southern Trojan....I hope they fail.....Jarboe is not worth praise.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/13/2008, 03:59 PM
Did anyone think that he wouldn't get picked up? He's really stupid, but a great player. Let's hope he straightens up.

MojoRisen
8/13/2008, 04:18 PM
He maybe the next Randy Moss :)

Curly Bill
8/13/2008, 04:23 PM
He maybe the next Randy Moss :)

You know, that's the name that came to mind, but I didn't say it because I knew someone would say how Jarboe's no Randy Moss...So far he's not, and may never be, but there are some similarities so far.

MojoRisen
8/13/2008, 04:28 PM
Yep - released by Florida St - Super Star at Marshall.

I hope the best for the kid, he is so young the magnitude of this stuff may not be getting through to him. Everything is in the public eye's these days. He would be a top notch kid in the 80s... when Frat houses were cleared out on a regular basis with out reprocution and 5 on your ATC didn't matter.

goingoneight
8/13/2008, 08:52 PM
That is the $64,000 question! The answer, coming directly from my sports expert colleague, is that so long as he enrolls before Troy starts, he will be eligible!

Thus, another former Sooner ends up on the Poke schedule. Think they'll boo him worse than Brett Romar?

Bomar got hurt last year in Augua De La Stool and they were cheering the whole time. I'm pretty sure they know who he is and have already stopped into EmbroidMe with at least ten italic-printed orange T-shirts ideas.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/13/2008, 09:17 PM
Bomar got hurt last year in Augua De La Stool and they were cheering the whole time. I'm pretty sure they know who he is and have already stopped into EmbroidMe with at least ten italic-printed orange T-shirts ideas.

I didn't hear about that, but that is just about as pathetic as fans get. I realize a lot of pokes have resentment, but they need to figure out why OU actually might give a crap about them. It's because they are bad fans... for the most part.

PS. They rank just below Tech fans and just above Colorado.

Sabanball
8/13/2008, 10:03 PM
Why are you all dumping this thug into our great state???:pop:

Crimson Kid
8/13/2008, 10:05 PM
Good luck to you JJ. Kick osu butt.

Fraggle145
8/13/2008, 10:50 PM
I hope the best for the kid...

Leroy Lizard
8/13/2008, 10:55 PM
Anyone know what Troy fans think of this?

swardboy
8/13/2008, 11:13 PM

They're both ok with the dealio.....

SanJoaquinSooner
8/13/2008, 11:34 PM
best for all parties

Leroy Lizard
8/14/2008, 10:40 AM
Daily Texan article on Stoops. Pretty bad article. Even Horn fans will have a hard time agreeing with some of the logic.

http://www.dailytexanonline.com/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticle&ustory_id=d4733199-ec3b-498e-be50-be5197286917

Last time I checked, shoplifting was illegal and making a rap video wasn't. Also, last time I checked, there was an amendment for freedom of speech.

Usually I try to see the writers' side of things. But this writer is a moron. Freedom of speech???

badger
8/14/2008, 10:58 AM
Let's review, shall we?

If Jarboe had been a proven talent in college rather than an inexperienced freshman, history shows he would not have received such a harsh sentence for his crime.
I would argue that as an internal matter, there was more to this issue than the athletic department decided to share with the likes of a student columnist for a student newspaper.

Take the case of DeMarcus Granger. The junior defensive tackle was sent home before Oklahoma's bowl game last season after being arrested for shoplifting. But he was simply sent home, not kicked off the team. Despite being suspended for some games, Granger is expected to be a part of the football team this fall.
It is also expected that he will miss more games and not just the biggest game of the season last year. I know it will be hard for Texas to accept this, but the Fiesta Bowl is bigger than the Holiday Bowl.

Last time I checked, shoplifting was illegal and making a rap video wasn't. Also, last time I checked, there was an amendment for freedom of speech. If Jarboe's first gun arrest was that big of a deal, Oklahoma should have cut him then and there instead of having him go up to Norman.
Any journalist should know that freedom of speech does not mean that you can write or say anything you want, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt since he is still a journalist-in-training. You CANNOT infringe on other people's rights through your own personal right to speech! You CANNOT threaten other people's well being! Also, last time I checked, bringing a gun to school is also illegal, so let's not compare illegalities here, plzkthx.

Granger isn't the only OU football player to get preferential treatment.
Here we go again... but as long as we're bringing this up, let's also expand this to "Granger isn't the only Big 12 football player to get this type of treatment." Need we play the Rice halftime show for you again?

Oklahoma defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek was kicked off the team in September 2004 for getting into a bar fight that resulted in his friend going to the hospital. The friend, Matt Wilde, suffered a head injury and spent several days in Norman Regional Hospital, but decided not to pursue charges against Dvoracek. In January 2005, Stoops reinstated Dvoracek to the football team. Which is worse - a rap video or a bar fight? You make the call.
He fails to mention that Dvoracek made a complete 180 through dedication to school work, going through counseling and doing everything expected of him to be a model citizen in that time off from the team. Which is worse, getting a second chance and blowing it, or getting a second chance and making the most of it? Stoops already made his call.

It doesn't end there. In 2006, star Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson made an agreement to purchase a Lexus, drove it around for several weeks and then returned it to the dealership. Oklahoma found that, since the dealer has a "standard practice" that lets customers purchase a car and then return it, Peterson didn't get an improper benefit, and thus he was cleared without any repercussions.
Shall we issue an open call to SF.com to everyone who has received the exact same preferential treatment at many dealerships? It's called a test drive, fool. A major car company (Dodge, I think) even had this as part of their national advertising campaign - drive before you buy.

That same year, quarterback Rhett Bomar was kicked off the team for receiving payments from Big Red Sports and Imports for work not completed, which is an NCAA violation.

Bomar completed just 54.2 percent of his passes that year and threw 10 interceptions. An Oklahoma reporter said on the radio that the Sooners were fed up with Bomar before the violations even came up.
Again, he fails to mention that Bomar was cited multiple times for underage drinking. He was a lose cannon that couldn't be controlled. However, if his talent level is in question, don't forget that he won the Holiday Bowl MVP the December before - surely a Longhorn can appreciate that award's prestige.

There's a lesson here, or at least a comment on OU's values: Don't screw up off the field until you've proven how valuable of a commodity you are on it.

I think he really needs to see this video again... but I can't imbed it, so please click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiOa7dBsyrY&feature=related).

Leroy Lizard
8/14/2008, 01:38 PM
An Oklahoma reporter said on the radio that the Sooners were fed up with Bomar before the violations even came up.

Is there a reason why the reporter is not named?

Oklahoma found that, since the dealer has a "standard practice" that lets customers purchase a car and then return it, Peterson didn't get an improper benefit, and thus he was cleared without any repercussions.

So OU found that Peterson didn't do anything wrong and so didn't punish him. If he thinks that Peterson should have been punished regardless, then he needs to state it and justify it.

Fan always want the players from his opponents kicked off the team for the slightest infractions.

What has happened to journalism in this country?

badger
8/14/2008, 03:09 PM
What has happened to journalism in this country?
Please remember that this was a STUDENT, not a journalist. I will never count anyone with a byline or a blog or a Web site or an audience of 12 close family and friends a journalist.

reporter on the radio
He may be referring to this guy right here. (http://newsok.com/the-verdicts-in-bomars-a-knucklehead/article/2824650/?tm=1154577257)

He followed no rules. And it blew up on Stoops. ...Bomar wasn’t like Heupel, Hybl and White. Bomar cut corners. He lived reckless.

Berry Tramel’s radio show, the Writer’s Block, can be heard Monday-Friday from 4-7 p.m. on KREF-AM 1400, KADA-AM 1230; and KSEO-AM 750

Or perhaps, he was quoting the same radio station reporter that said Bradford and Jones were drug dealing****.

**** Sam Bradford and Landry Jones, especially Landry Jones, who we might add is an upstanding citizen and a quality athlete who would never dream of breaking the law, and we would never accuse him of breaking any laws because he is such an upstanding citizen... in any event, neither of them are drug dealers - especially Landry Jones. Did we mention that we love Landry Jones. Oh god, please don't sue me, Mr. Jones. We all love your son and we have no money.

Sabanball
8/14/2008, 07:13 PM

Probably the same thing that Jacksonville State fans think of getting Ryan Perriloux.

goingoneight
8/14/2008, 09:21 PM
... and OSU getting Blowaman, Dykes, and the like...

SoonerPr8r
8/15/2008, 01:18 PM
I wish the guy luck, and that everyone gets off his back once the season starts up and there are finally other stories to talk about.

I also want him to score the winning touchdown against aggie lite

picasso
8/15/2008, 02:40 PM
it's really pretty simple. stay out of trouble and things aren't so bad in life.