PDA

View Full Version : CHASE DANIELS......THE LEGEND.....REALLY?

fossil
8/13/2008, 09:56 AM
Just read the 'Big XII Roundup' article in the San Antonio Express News where Chase Daniels talks about his 'legend'. Really? He also likes to refer to himself in the 'third person' and claims he is the best quarterback in the Bix XII with Colt McCoy being the second best in the Big XII. Really?

Is this guy just a bit full of himself, or does he have a right to be? Is he really that good? I don't remember any championships he's won ('cept Big XII North if you can count that).

soonerfanlv
8/13/2008, 10:42 AM
Link??

badger
8/13/2008, 10:50 AM
Link??

Here ya go. (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/missouris_daniel_establishing_his_own_legend100.ht ml)

Considering recent Mizzou football, he might be a little legendary to those that care about MU. I mean, think of our guys that a lot of people nationally don't give much credit to - Q, for example.

rondog79
8/13/2008, 10:51 AM
MI'ZZ CHASE DANNY IS A OVERRATED BOOOGER EATING MORON. ANY QB WOULD LOOK GOOD PLAYING IN THE NORTH COME ON. THIS YEAR WILL PROVE WHO THE BEST QB IN THE BIG 12 IS. WELL NOT COLT NOT BOOGER EATER AND HE DON'T PLAY FOR KANSAS. THE KID IS FROM OKC COME ON ILL GIVE YOU ONE GUESS HIS NAME RIMES WITH BAM SADFORD!!!!! BOOOMER SOOOONER BABY

CHASE DANNY = MI'ZZ STORIED PROGRAM DATING ALL THE WAY BACK TO SEPTEMBER LOL

KantoSooner
8/13/2008, 10:52 AM
Let him enjoy his 15 minutes. Last season was a high water mark for him and their program. This season is likely to be a let down and there is no way in hell he makes the NFL.
So, for Chase, life =this season + maybe a coupla years in the CFL and, if he's lucky, he takes his savings, borrows a bit and can open a pizza joint in Rolla.

boomersoonr7xchamps
8/13/2008, 10:57 AM
MI'ZZ CHASE DANNY IS A OVERRATED BOOOGER EATING MORON. ANY QB WOULD LOOK GOO PLAYING IN THE NORTH COME ON. THIS YEAR WILL PROVE WHO THE BEST QB IN THE BIG 12 IS. WELL NOT COLT NOT BOOGER EATER AND HE DON'T PLAY FOR KANSAS. THE KID IS FROM OKC COME ON ILL GIVE YOU ONE GUESS HIS NAME RIMES WITH BAM SADFORD!!!!! BOOOMER SOOOONER BABY

Amen Brother

badger
8/13/2008, 11:36 AM
I was having problems with the link earlier, so for those of you that missed it:

Chase Daniel's story is supposed to be a tale of the underdog.

The problem is, Daniel doesn't play the role very well.

This cool, strong, self-assured kid with the Howitzer arm and Hollywood smile? The guy who attracts admirers everywhere he goes, and unabashedly claims to be the best quarterback in the Big 12, and even refers to himself in the third person?

This is not exactly the stuff of David and his slingshot. And this is not how the Little Engine That Could is expected to sound.

“If you look at the legend of Chase Daniel when it comes back (in) three or four years,” the senior Missouri quarterback said, “it's not going to be based on my yards, it's not going to be based on my touchdowns or interceptions. It's going to be based on wins.”

It's not every day that a college player talks about his own “legend,” particularly when he still has a year left to play and he hasn't won a championship yet. But Daniel isn't an everyday kind of player.

He set all kinds of high-school passing records at Southlake Carroll, but he wasn't deemed an elite college prospect. Some thought he was simply a product of Carroll's wide-open system, and others deemed him too short (he's listed at 6 feet) to be an effective Division I passer. The recruiting gurus at Rivals.com left him off their list of the nation's best prospects, and in-state powers like Texas and Texas A&M only gave him cursory attention.

So he ended up accepting a scholarship to Missouri, a program that had been lingering in mediocrity for decades. At the time, most figured a couple of decent seasons and a minor bowl victory or two would be about as much as Daniel and Co. could realistically expect.

But there they were in December in the Alamodome, playing in the Big 12 championship game with national title hopes still intact. The Tigers lost to Oklahoma in that game, but Daniel wound up as a Heisman Trophy finalist, and he enters his senior season as the glamour player on what is being hailed as a Top 5 team.

“We're the hunted now,” Daniel said.

Like in his high school days, Daniel is part of an innovative offense that racks up yards and points by spreading the ball all over the field. And like in his high school days, defenses are learning that underrating Daniel — who set school single-season records for total offense (4,559 yards), passing yards (4,306) and touchdown passes (33) last year — can be costly.

“It's an offense that's very creative in terms of there's a lot of things you can do with it,” Tigers coach Gary Pinkel said. “But you still build it on personnel and still build it on Chase distributing the ball to other people.”

On Oct. 18, Daniel will get a chance to distribute the ball against Texas, but he insists he hasn't circled that date on his calendar.

Daniel said he holds no grudges against the Longhorns for choosing Colt McCoy over him and even said he considers McCoy to be the second-best quarterback in the conference.

“I wasn't their guy,” he said. “It was a business decision.”

As for his newfound bravado, which the Tigers say is spreading throughout their team?

“It's not a cockiness,” Daniel said. “It's a confidence.”

r5TPsooner
8/13/2008, 11:39 AM
Just read the 'Big XII Roundup' article in the San Antonio Express News where Chase Daniels talks about his 'legend'. Really? He also likes to refer to himself in the 'third person' and claims he is the best quarterback in the Bix XII with Colt McCoy being the second best in the Big XII. Really?

Is this guy just a bit full of himself, or does he have a right to be? Is he really that good? I don't remember any championships he's won ('cept Big XII North if you can count that).

I mean really, does this truly surprise anybody given his attitude, mannerisms, and actions last year in just two games against the Sooners.

The only thing going for Chase this year besides hooplah, is the fact that his bitchmaster (Curtis Lofton) left for the NFL early.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/13/2008, 11:40 AM
“It's not a cockiness,” Daniel said. “It's a confidence.”

He was so confident against OU he spent a lot of the time on the turf...

r5TPsooner
8/13/2008, 11:40 AM
He was so confident against OU he spent a lot of the time on the turf...

Almost as much times as he spent eating his boogers on the sideline.

AZSOONER
8/13/2008, 11:42 AM
Wow, just wow.

soonerinabilene
8/13/2008, 11:47 AM
Well, Soonerinabilene took a legendary crap last nite. Maybe the San Antonio newspaper would like to write an article about that. Soonerinabilene wouldnt mind. Its not a cockiness about Soonerinabilene's crap. Its a confidence.

badger
8/13/2008, 12:17 PM
If you look at the legend of Chase Daniel when it comes back (in) three or four years, it's not going to be based on my yards, it's not going to be based on my touchdowns or interceptions. It's going to be based on wins.

And loses. :D

As in, Chase Daniel loses the No. 1 ranking in the country.

Chase Daniel loses the Big 12 championship.

Chase Daniel loses both by losing both OU games.

Chase Daniel has a terrible case of the dropsies... the name dropsies. He must be trying to push the "Chase Daniel brand" or whatever so he doesn't finish anywhere but the top for Heisman and such.

Of course... to win the Heisman, you can't be a loser. :D

fossil
8/13/2008, 01:05 PM
Link??

:( Sorry Soonerfanlv. I'm barely able to sign on and post on this board. I don't know how to include the link. Wish I was computer literate enough to be able to do that.

OUDoc
8/13/2008, 01:14 PM
What a tool.
(Chase, not fossil, although fossil could be a tool, I don't know yet. ;))

fossil
8/13/2008, 01:15 PM
What a tool.

:mad: Who? Me, or Chase Daniels?

badger
8/13/2008, 01:20 PM
What a tool.
(Chase, not fossil, although fossil could be a tool, I don't know yet. ;))

A fossilized tool?
http://bp3.blogger.com/_YzgNwHvFL9k/RuxX9bEoG5I/AAAAAAAAAAU/mYzRLJtcu8A/s320/caveman.gif

Big Red Ron
8/13/2008, 02:50 PM
I happened by an EA show this weekend about the Elite 11 QB camp. It was basically about how Daniels was there to help coach. Anyway, he's the first guy I've ever heard talk about(without being asked BTW) how he finished really high in the Heisman race last year and that he was the favorite to win this year.

I mean, almost every Heisman front runner I've ever seen, A) Never brings it up without being asked, and B) talks about his team and how their focused on Championships, etc...

It was very odd indeed.

SOONERnTx
8/13/2008, 02:54 PM
On ESPN College Football Live they just hyped up Daniels saying he will win the heisman and the national championship. Also said the best team they will play is Texas. What about the Big 12 Championship game??????

Big Red Ron
8/13/2008, 03:00 PM
On ESPN College Football Live they just hyped up Daniels saying he will win the heisman and the national championship. Also said the best team they will play is Texas. What about the Big 12 Championship game??????If they don't beat Texass then they won't play in it, or they think they'll play texass again. lol, don't sweat it.

badger
8/13/2008, 03:01 PM
The world of college football is setup to make players think "we're all above average" and they are extraordinary and they are elite and they are big men on campus.

The problem is that when everyone is special... nobody is [/the incredibles]

The season will start soon enough and Chase will discover whether his expectations are truly on par with reality. I mean, look at North Texas last year. New hire Todd Dodge, and that coach is not used to losing when he coaches. They even had ESPN do a story on them in their magazine on how they were going to shock the world and stuff. Anyways, I got that magazine a week late and read it after returning from the 79-10 opener. I just kind of giggled at it.

C&CDean
8/13/2008, 03:16 PM
Anybody remember that fat dude from eATMe (Jasvorski Lane?) talking about their all-universe offense - just before getting drilled - repeatedly all season?

Chase is going to have to be one tough dude to survive the beatings he's going to take this season by players who don't like self-absorbed pretty boy snot gobblers.

NormanPride
8/13/2008, 03:34 PM
They've got a hard schedule and a big *** target. No amount of roid-rage will save you from Orakpo or English, Chase.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/13/2008, 03:39 PM
MI'ZZ CHASE DANNY IS A OVERRATED BOOOGER EATING MORON. ANY QB WOULD LOOK GOOD PLAYING IN THE NORTH COME ON. THIS YEAR WILL PROVE WHO THE BEST QB IN THE BIG 12 IS. WELL NOT COLT NOT BOOGER EATER AND HE DON'T PLAY FOR KANSAS. THE KID IS FROM OKC COME ON ILL GIVE YOU ONE GUESS HIS NAME RIMES WITH BAM SADFORD!!!!! BOOOMER SOOOONER BABY

Oh, good lord.

badger
8/13/2008, 03:44 PM
Anybody remember that fat dude from eATMe (Jasvorski Lane?) talking about their all-universe offense - just before getting drilled - repeatedly all season?

Howdy fellow Packer fan :D

Are you by any chance referring to this (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/MYSA101007_FBC_am_circling_1010_en_3296d5b_html525 2.html)?

When told that the Aggies haven't won at Tech since 1993 — or about the time he was in kindergarten — Lane offered a pledge at A&M's weekly news conference.

"We're going to win in 2007," he said. "That's a guarantee. I promise you."

Asked what coach Dennis Franchione, who had spoken to reporters earlier, might think of such a bold prediction, Lane shrugged.

"I'm a man," he said. "I can say what I want to say."

Tech has won Franchione's two previous games in Lubbock by a combined 70 points — but such a fact didn't faze Lane.

"Nothing can break us," he said.

tee hee. this was about the time that tech's pirate-like students were selling hanging dog shirts that said "vick 'em" on them :rolleyes:

For those that don't remember the outcome of said 2007 A&M/Tech game...

Part 1:
http://www.bevosports.com/images/aggies-squeeze-small.jpg

Part 2:
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/tech-justice-leach.JPG
35–7, Tech wins :D
although that squeeze was from the season before...

Octavian
8/13/2008, 03:57 PM
'06 Columbia: 0 - 3

'07 Norman: 1 - 2

'07 Big XII CG: 0 - 1

Against OU, Daniel is 0-3 with a TD-INT ratio of 1:6.

setem
8/13/2008, 04:16 PM
This guy made that "legend" look like a baby back bitch last year! (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2348026#post2348026)

Jdog
8/13/2008, 04:27 PM
If you look at what he did at Southlake Carroll (Two USA High school Nat'l Championships), two undefeated season and state Championships
He wasn't recruited by the big schools (Texas offered only as an after thought)- so he has something to prove.
He hangs out with Nate Newton and Mel Renfro's Kids - and they play on ESPN's first High School Televised game against the #7 team in the country - and blow them out.
He comes into his first game at MU at the end of the third quarter, after their starting QB is injured, and down by 18 - and wins.
He wins the Big 12 north last year - and the only Team they loss to all years was us.

He's always had his way - and he's always been a winner.

It's not a excuse to be cocky - but that's why he thinks he's special.

Oldnslo
8/13/2008, 04:36 PM
I happened by an EA show this weekend about the Elite 11 QB camp. It was basically about how Daniels was there to help coach. Anyway, he's the first guy I've ever heard talk about(without being asked BTW) how he finished really high in the Heisman race last year and that he was the favorite to win this year.

I mean, almost every Heisman front runner I've ever seen, A) Never brings it up without being asked, and B) talks about his team and how their focused on Championships, etc...

It was very odd indeed.

Chase and I have a lot in common:

1. We've each got the same chance of winning the heisman.

2. We've each won the same number of national championships.

3. We've each beaten OU the same number of times.

Is Chase the next FRW?

Jdog
8/13/2008, 04:42 PM
The world of college football is setup to make players think "we're all above average" and they are extraordinary and they are elite and they are big men on campus.

The problem is that when everyone is special... nobody is [/the incredibles]

The season will start soon enough and Chase will discover whether his expectations are truly on par with reality. I mean, look at North Texas last year. New hire Mike Dodge, and that coach is not used to losing when he coaches. They even had ESPN do a story on them in their magazine on how they were going to shock the world and stuff. Anyways, I got that magazine a week late and read it after returning from the 79-10 opener. I just kind of giggled at it.

It's actually Todd Dodge (former UT QB who I hate to say beat us 4 years straight) and he was Chase Daniel's High school coach. Stoops loves the guy.

Animal Mother
8/13/2008, 04:45 PM
It takes a lot of guts to be that self-centered.

What a donkey!!!

Jason White's Third Knee
8/13/2008, 04:49 PM
It's actually Todd Dodge (former UT QB who I hate to say beat us 4 years straight) ...

POPPYCOCK!!!

In a rain-soaked 1984 game, Texas entered the game ranked #1, Oklahoma #3 (#2 in some polls). OU coach Barry Switzer wore a ballcap during the game that read "Beat Texas." This game also marked the only time that future UT head coach Mack Brown participated in the Red River Shootout not as a Texas Longhorn (Brown was OU's offensive coordinator). Texas jumped to a 10-0 halftime lead but OU rallied to lead 15-12 in the game's closing seconds. With 10 seconds remaining, trailing by 3, Texas was driving and was within field goal range but decided to take one more shot at the end zone. Texas QB (and future North Texas head coach) Todd Dodge appeared (in replays) to be intercepted in the end zone by OU's Keith Stanberry, but the officials ruled it incomplete. Texas's Jeff Ward subsequently kicked a field goal and the game ended in a 15-15 tie.

He WAS intercepted. Stupid no replay challenge officiating.

badger
8/13/2008, 04:59 PM
It's actually Todd Dodge (former UT QB who I hate to say beat us 4 years straight) and he was Chase Daniel's High school coach. Stoops loves the guy.

Come to think of it, Mike Dodge was the army dude that played for A&M, right? Edity edity... and poof! Evidence of my error gone! :D My bad.

the game ended in a 15-15 tie.
Although you do have to agree... a tie is definitely not a win... it's ok, I got to edity edity my mistake, so it's fair for you to expunge yours :D

Jdog
8/13/2008, 05:05 PM
POPPYCOCK!!!

In a rain-soaked 1984 game, Texas entered the game ranked #1, Oklahoma #3 (#2 in some polls). OU coach Barry Switzer wore a ballcap during the game that read "Beat Texas." This game also marked the only time that future UT head coach Mack Brown participated in the Red River Shootout not as a Texas Longhorn (Brown was OU's offensive coordinator). Texas jumped to a 10-0 halftime lead but OU rallied to lead 15-12 in the game's closing seconds. With 10 seconds remaining, trailing by 3, Texas was driving and was within field goal range but decided to take one more shot at the end zone. Texas QB (and future North Texas head coach) Todd Dodge appeared (in replays) to be intercepted in the end zone by OU's Keith Stanberry, but the officials ruled it incomplete. Texas's Jeff Ward subsequently kicked a field goal and the game ended in a 15-15 tie.

He WAS intercepted. Stupid no replay challenge officiating.

I stand corrected - your right - I remember the game well. I was right behind the OU bench at about the 40 yd line soaking wet. I remember three things about that game - Steve Sewell and Boz having a great game, the continues rain, and Stanberry's interception.

SoonerinSouthlake
8/13/2008, 05:07 PM

He only beat us one time
He lost 2...and tied 1

I was at a golf tourney for the Southlake School District one time and he told the story of being pounded by us one day. He said was heading to the sidelines and said as he got smashed to the ground, sliding to our sideline he came to a halt right under Switzer who was smoking a cig and yelled..."having fun Todd". He replied "No sir...not really"

Dont know if its true or not, but I heard it straight from him.

OH AND TO STAY ON TOPIC....CHASE IS A TOOL. Not all the kids on the Southlake team are cocky. There are a lot of great kids on the team...but there are a handful that come across just like him.

setem
8/13/2008, 05:16 PM
I think the Juice will have something to say about his Legendary status. That is a tough game to open up the season with!

Jdog
8/13/2008, 05:17 PM
He only beat us one time
He lost 2...and tied 1

I was at a golf tourney for the Southlake School District one time and he told the story of being pounded by us one day. He said was heading to the sidelines and said as he got smashed to the ground, sliding to our sideline he came to a halt right under Switzer who was smoking a cig and yelled..."having fun Todd". He replied "No sir...not really"

Dont know if its true or not, but I heard it straight from him.

OH AND TO STAY ON TOPIC....CHASE IS A TOOL. Not all the kids on the Southlake team are cocky. There are a lot of great kids on the team...but there are a handful that come across just like him.

I stand corrected again - I got MIKE DODGE confused with Peter Gardere.

stoopified
8/13/2008, 05:21 PM
Chase Daniel is a LEGEND in the same manner as Chris Simms or Cedric Benson.He looks good aginst inferior teams and fades at nut-cutting time.

Jacie
8/13/2008, 07:41 PM
I stand corrected again - I got MIKE DODGE confused with Peter Gardere.

Mike Dodge = Todd Dodge = Peter Gardere?

SoonerDomiNation
8/13/2008, 08:18 PM
Chase is a legend!!!!!!!!!!!! He has an uncanny ability to avoid sacks while picking his nose ( except for the times OU handed him his a$$ ). He simply digs 1 out and runs around trying to fling it off apparently that is why he is in the heisman race. In Booger Hollow mizzou hes a freakin legend hes king nose picker he made it big time and got them on the map with the infamous "tv shot" live last year. I heard the college football hall of fame is going to make a bust out of the booger he got out that day but appareantly he ate it so the nixed that idea. His witty yet unpredictable "handling" of the media has raised him to iconic stardom with his quote "we let 1 get away in norman". So heres to ya ole king of the booger eaters and to another season of legend making. P.S. im sending a box of kleenex to the equipment manager for your not so fresh moments on tv.

goingoneight
8/13/2008, 08:36 PM
I think the Juice will have something to say about his Legendary status. That is a tough game to open up the season with!

Heh, Chase and "the juice."

Jdog
8/13/2008, 08:39 PM
Mike Dodge = Todd Dodge = Peter Gardere?

You have to read back a little bit to catch up

bluedogok
8/13/2008, 08:47 PM
Well, Soonerinabilene took a legendary crap last nite. Maybe the San Antonio newspaper would like to write an article about that. Soonerinabilene wouldnt mind. Its not a cockiness about Soonerinabilene's crap. Its a confidence.
It's not really legendary unless you name it, you could have called it Chase :D

Piware
8/13/2008, 09:21 PM
A legend in his own mind. Heh!

Chase, this is OUr defense. Think of think of them as your personal psychologists as they will "treat" you for delusions of granduer.

OU_Sooners75
8/14/2008, 03:20 AM
Of course... to win the Heisman, you can't be a loser. :D

Yeah you can. Just ask Tim Tebow.

AlbqSooner
8/14/2008, 07:08 AM
A legend in his own mind. Heh!

Chase, this is OUr defense. Think of think of them as your personal psychologists as they will "treat" you for delusions of Adequacy.

Fixed it for ya. :D

badger
8/14/2008, 08:38 AM
Yeah you can. Just ask Tim Tebow.

He won it all the year before, he deserves a mulligan year and therefore is not considered a loser :D

Chase, on the other hand, has only beaten Kansas and the Cotton Bowl. Woot. We beat Kansas every year we play them AND we pwn the Cotton Bowl annually :D

:mad: Unless a BS ref call rules AD was lateralled and Mack humps VY to victory :mad:

Jdog
8/14/2008, 08:44 AM
This is no lie - talk about a strange environment for High School Football. Just read this morning in the Fort Worth Star Telegram that Southlake Carrol will be offering a Sushi Sampler for $5 at their high school football games.

This speaks volumes about the foundation for Daniel's super normal EGO.

Piware
8/14/2008, 09:27 AM
Fixed it for ya. :D

You're right. Waaaay better.:P

LSUdeek
8/14/2008, 09:57 AM
Chase kinda reminds me of Drew Brees. I think he's a good QB, but all this referring-to-himself-in-the-third-person stuff....

gay.

goodonya
8/14/2008, 09:57 AM
Chase & SLC did NOT go undefeated in the HS ranks. Katy beat them in the state champ game in 2003. They beat them essentially on a play where booger tried to win it on his own - got owned by the KT DE - and tossed a pick late in the game. He went over and did the same pout/tantrum he did against Misery.

After the game in the parking lot the KT fans had congregated around the locker exit at the Alamodome and all the SLC players (replete with bleached & spiked hair) had to snake through to get to their busses. We (KT fans) were congratulating the blondies on a well played game and they were for the most part still shocked that they lost.

Then booger and his homies come out talking crap and being asses throwing intimidating looks at the moms and sisters. He ain't changed at all.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/14/2008, 10:34 AM
I stand corrected - your right - I remember the game well. I was right behind the OU bench at about the 40 yd line soaking wet. I remember three things about that game - Steve Sewell and Boz having a great game, the continues rain, and Stanberry's interception.

Someone have the endzone graphic that appeared on T-shirts and elsewhere after that game?

SoonerinSouthlake
8/14/2008, 01:40 PM
This is no lie - talk about a strange environment for High School Football. Just read this morning in the Fort Worth Star Telegram that Southlake Carrol will be offering a Sushi Sampler for $5 at their high school football games.

This speaks volumes about the foundation for Daniel's super normal EGO.

yes.....becuase eating Sushi is the root of all arrogance. I think thats in the Bible right?

Just speculation but Perhaps he is VERY arrogant becuse:
a. he lost 1 game in high school and everyone in town patted him on the back wherever he went.
b. he is at the helm of a program that made it to #1 in the country in who konws how long
c. The media from Coast to Coast is treating him if THEY would eat is boogers.
d. No one of authority ever taught the kid humility.

But lets not fault the people running the football stadium for thinking outside the box and selling something that people will buy.

****note....Im not defending Chase. I think he, especially in this article, comes across as a dingleberry! Im just saying it aint becuase the people in Southlake like sushi

JLEW1818
8/14/2008, 02:04 PM
A lot of reporters are listing that the Sooners and the Tigers or w/e they are, will go to a BCS bowl. I don't see how its possible, I think Missouri will enter the big 12 championship with at least one conference loss. If we beat them and get a BCS bid/championship bid, how the hell is Missouri going to get in? Wouldn't Tech probably end up sneaking in? At least that's what I have happening. I know in 03 we lost to KSU and still got in, but still we were undefeated and killed everybody.

Short and sweet, Who ever we beat in the Big 12 championship wont get a BCS bid,

Example, last year, Kansas.

OU_Sooners75
8/14/2008, 02:54 PM
He won it all the year before, he deserves a mulligan year and therefore is not considered a loser :D

Chase, on the other hand, has only beaten Kansas and the Cotton Bowl. Woot. We beat Kansas every year we play them AND we pwn the Cotton Bowl annually :D

:mad: Unless a BS ref call rules AD was lateralled and Mack humps VY to victory :mad:

Nice excuse. And he did not win it all the year before. That was Chris Leak. Tebow was just their goalline/short yardage QB.

Tebow lost 5 games as the starter for Florida.

OU_Sooners75
8/14/2008, 03:00 PM
A lot of reporters are listing that the Sooners and the Tigers or w/e they are, will go to a BCS bowl. I don't see how its possible, I think Missouri will enter the big 12 championship with at least one conference loss. If we beat them and get a BCS bid/championship bid, how the hell is Missouri going to get in? Wouldn't Tech probably end up sneaking in? At least that's what I have happening. I know in 03 we lost to KSU and still got in, but still we were undefeated and killed everybody.

Short and sweet, Who ever we beat in the Big 12 championship wont get a BCS bid,

Example, last year, Missouri.

Fixed.

Jdog
8/14/2008, 03:07 PM
yes.....becuase eating Sushi is the root of all arrogance. I think thats in the Bible right?

Just speculation but Perhaps he is VERY arrogant becuse:
a. he lost 1 game in high school and everyone in town patted him on the back wherever he went.
b. he is at the helm of a program that made it to #1 in the country in who konws how long
c. The media from Coast to Coast is treating him if THEY would eat is boogers.
d. No one of authority ever taught the kid humility.

But lets not fault the people running the football stadium for thinking outside the box and selling something that people will buy.

****note....Im not defending Chase. I think he, especially in this article, comes across as a dingleberry! Im just saying it aint becuase the people in Southlake like sushi

I'm sorry to be so prejudice, but yes sushi when sold AT A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME is the root of all arrogance.

*Don't get me wrong I love Sushi - and in the past I've enjoyed going to SUSHI SAM's on 1709 in Southlake - until the quality went south.

*As for it being in the bible - I don't think it is - READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS, at least I can admit when I'm wrong or when I have a prejudice.

*a. I thought the KATY loss was the year before he was the starter (didn't Hartley miss an extra point in that game?) IS THis YOU GARRETT
*b. cant tell what your saying.
*c. Lost you here too.
*d. Think OUs D tried to last year.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE A LITTLE SENSITIVE ABOUT BEING FROM SOUTHLAKE.

Please learn how to spell the word "BECAUSE" - I know people in Southlake know how to spell. come on

goodonya
8/14/2008, 03:19 PM
Yes, the boog was the SLC QB in 2003. Hartley missed what for him was a chip shot field goal that would have put them likely up for good.

The story on Hartley's Friday night pre-game warm up is pretty good if you can find someone that will tell you.

JLEW1818
8/14/2008, 04:33 PM
Fixed.

No that was my example. Last year, Kansas got in because they didn't have to play for the Big 12 Championship. Georgia got in because no SEC championship.
That is what will happen this year when we beat Missouri in the big 12 championship, again. Tech will sneak in.

Haha you know what I mean.

tulsaoilerfan
8/14/2008, 08:33 PM
Chase is a ----head

SOONERxWife73
8/15/2008, 06:35 PM
chase the booger eater just has selective memory, you see. he is in full denial that the tiggers ever even played OU last year. he justs refuses to own up to not one but two OU losses. that makes saxet the best team they will play cuz they never played us. dad used to say "it ain't braggin' if you can do it". chase daniel just can't do IT!!

Big John
8/15/2008, 08:27 PM
The dude's a gamer, I'll give him that, but I didn't know he was such a bag of dousch. He was put in a spread offense in high school where he slung the ball around everywhere, and did a hell of a job at that, but then he goes into the same system in college and does a great job. That's cool and all, but a lot of his success is him being put in a system where everything hinges on the quarterback, thus causing lots of attempts, completions, yards, touchdowns, ect. Bottom line, he couldn't beat OU twice, and he didn't go to the championship or win the heisman, or go pro. That was one of the most pompus, self-absorbed series of remarks I have ever read by a college football player. I hope he gets his butt kicked this season to put him in his place.

Hella Sideburns
8/16/2008, 01:55 AM
I'm man enough to admit that he's a really good QB

but...

It was great watching him pout and get his *** kicked repeatedly at the big12 championship last year. and it was even better having it broadcast to the entire stadium. He's a **********.

sOUnder
8/16/2008, 03:25 AM
No one of authority ever taught the kid humility.

Seems like Curtis Lofton did a purdy good job...

Seriously though, it's simply astounding to me that Chased learned absolutely nothing about running his mouth after last year's Big Xll Championship pwning.

And of course, the media can't get enough of his a$$clownery. Something tells me that every Chase Daniel interview this year is going to be taped inside the locker of one Auston English...

SoonerinSouthlake
8/16/2008, 09:17 AM
I'm sorry to be so prejudice, but yes sushi when sold AT A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME is the root of all arrogance.

*Don't get me wrong I love Sushi - and in the past I've enjoyed going to SUSHI SAM's on 1709 in Southlake - until the quality went south.

*As for it being in the bible - I don't think it is - READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS, at least I can admit when I'm wrong or when I have a prejudice.

*a. I thought the KATY loss was the year before he was the starter (didn't Hartley miss an extra point in that game?) IS THis YOU GARRETT
*b. cant tell what your saying.
*c. Lost you here too.
*d. Think OUs D tried to last year.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE A LITTLE SENSITIVE ABOUT BEING FROM SOUTHLAKE.

Please learn how to spell the word "BECAUSE" - I know people in Southlake know how to spell. come on

a. Im busy with the Cowboys and Sooners....I dont follow the The SLC football other than what I hear from neighbors...or attending a game every year or two. So you may have me on the details of when he lost. My point is he won.... A LOT....and the town was really into it...and really proud of him. Im sure it went to his head that he when he wasnt seeing highlights of himself on ESPN he could go anywhere in town and people treated him like he was the King.

b. now lets think on this one. If a guy is the starting QB of a college football team that has been mediocre at best FOREVER, but suddently they reach the #1 position in the country, wouldnt you think he would get the kind of love in the state and from alumnus everywhere that would make a young man a bit cocky?

c. Your right, this one was kinda hard. Chase eats his boogers, we know that from video. So Im mixing in a bit of "booger-humor" if you will allow me. Now if the media just LOVES someone, we generally say that he is the "media darling", or "the media kisses his/her butt", or something of that nature. So combining the two concepts, Im saying the media would like to eat his boogers. (i.e. They really, really like him). Hence another reason for a young man who doesnt have a upbringing in humility to be pretty cocky.

d. tru-dat

Im in no way sensitive about being from Southlake. If I was Id defend Chase for coming across like said dingleberry. And as a guy who loves sporting events, I frankly roll my eyes at the prospect of buying sushi at a hs football game. Im just trying to say that the underlying point you made(which you admit is prejudice) its unwarranted and has little to do with Chase's arrogance

yes I can spell "becuz". I just dont spellcheck my posts:O

spek to you