PDA

View Full Version : Just got my name on the seastix waiting list.

colinreturn
8/13/2008, 09:39 AM
Anyone know how long it takes to get to the front?

gh55
8/13/2008, 09:44 AM
couple of years ago I got my name on and I was about 12,000. the person
I talked to said they had about 2,000 turnover a year. throw some bucks
to the Sooner Club and you can move up the list faster.

BSooner1
8/13/2008, 09:51 AM
I have been on the list since 2000 and I am 75 on the list now......Should get them next year :-)

colleyvillesooner
8/13/2008, 10:02 AM
Donate and you'll get some next year...

badger
8/13/2008, 10:22 AM
In an era when OU has hiring freezes (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080812_16_A9_CUTLIN152462 ) from budget shortfalls all of these donations are necessary to subsidize fall academic funds to combat skyrocketing tuition.

So, if you're complaining about the donation, just think of it as a gift to future Sooners who like yourself, once pursued the American dream through public university education :)

OUMallen
8/13/2008, 10:51 AM
Dude, if you can afford season tickets, you can afford the $100/seat donation to get them next year. There's no guarantee $100/ticket will get you in, but I was told by OU that they've never, ever denied someone tickets at that donation level (which is the minimum donation to be in the Sooner Club).

badger
8/13/2008, 10:56 AM
they've never, ever denied someone tickets at that donation level (which is the minimum donation to be in the Sooner Club).

Probably cuz the tickets are divvied up each year as such, with leftover tix going to the longtime holders, and the rest of the people being put on a 13,000+ waiting list :D

I'm not knocking it - Packer tickets are out of control. They get willed to relatives (up to first cousin is allowed), fought over in divorce settlements and become a huge moneymaker for those that have access to many. It's annoying to fans that for years watch at home... until you see what negative number the thermostat reads :D

colinreturn
8/13/2008, 06:29 PM
How many tickets can you get per person on the list?
How much are they a year?

goingoneight
8/13/2008, 08:43 PM
:stunned: pfft... we gots lotsa seezin tix avaleubble , stupid goonr :stunned:

Ground_Attack
8/13/2008, 09:29 PM
if you check the swap section and want to buy my tickets, you'll essentially move right to the top this week! :D

Jason White's Third Knee
8/13/2008, 09:38 PM
Donate.

Piware
8/13/2008, 09:56 PM
How many tickets can you get per person on the list?
How much are they a year?

Check out http://www.thesoonerclub.com

Everything you want to know about tickets, donations, etc. is on their web page. I waited 6 months after I wrote the check many years ago. If you have tickets you can't use, you can post them on Ticket Sharing from soonersports.com

If you resell your tickets on OU's ticket marketplace, you get a refund of 85% of the ticket resale price. We want a Sooner rear in every seat so a $100 donation is not a big deal.

If you really feel flush you can join the Touchdown Club for $250 per year. Whatever you choose, donors move up for tickets and upgrades - that's just how it works since the Athletic Department receives no money from the state but is fully self supporting. Athletics even gives money back to the University for academics when there is a surplus - and no, I don't work for OU.

r5TPsooner
8/13/2008, 10:56 PM
Donating moves you straight to the line. $100 donation per ticket requested essentially get you in the end zone. $250 donation per ticket moves you to about the 10-15 yard line.

I'm gonna like my tickets for years to come .

Jello Biafra
8/13/2008, 11:51 PM
I'm not knocking it - Packer tickets are out of control. They get willed to relatives (up to first cousin is allowed), fought over in divorce settlements and become a huge moneymaker for those that have access to many. :D

why? ;P

for the record, i have owned and turned in season tix on two different occasions since 2k....

100 bucks per seat is the key...

badger
8/14/2008, 08:45 AM
why? ;

Smiley pwnage :P

The difference between Packer season six and Sooner season tix is OU will never have a dude who has tix just to scalp (http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/news/jan01/fee03010201.asp) and make a huge profit off of them.

In a conversation with the new in-law family a few years ago before NP and I were married, apparently when the upper deck got added, people needed to pay a hefty per-ticket fee (like, $1,000) to stay on the lower level, or get their tickets bumped up to the upper level. The tickets were in the family for a few generations, but OU wanted their money.

Now, if those were PACKER tickets, you could just scalp them for a few season to pay that "user" fee back :D Unfortunately, OU tickets are so thoroughly scalped already and not even at-cost but usually lower, that there's no profit in the scalping game in Norman. Considing all that's happened with the Packer ticket situation, and even up here at the BOK Center scalpers, that's definitely a good thing - even if it means bonking longtime holders from their longtime seats :(

Piware
8/14/2008, 09:22 AM
Just curious Badger - are you a season ticket holder? I had my tickets when the upper deck was added and didn't hear a thing about an additional fee to avoid being moved. I have the same seats year after year unless I ask for an upgrade. As it turns out, I like the ones I have just fine.

No disrespect intended but I haven't noticed anyone gnashing their teeth over ticket prices. That's way too "Poke like" for most Sooner fans.

Please don't stew over OU hiring freezes or OU Wants Their Money. Tuition increases are hard on everyone but OU does not have a monopoly on higher costs for everything.

Boomer Sooner!

kruss1971
8/14/2008, 09:23 AM
Seconding all of the replies about donating...

1. Got on the list somewhere over 12,000 just before or during 2005 season...didn't think of donating at the time...just didn't know you could make the jump so easily
2. Received a donation letter the summer of 2006
3. Donated $100 per ticket and was sitting in my own seats for the 2006 season onward

It's just that easy, folks!

badger
8/14/2008, 09:33 AM
Nope, badger is not a season ticket holder. As much fun as it would be to have guaranteed seats and such, I've always enjoying moving around and experimenting in different seating areas. Odds are that because you were already in the upper deck or in a less-desired lower area, you weren't required to donate to be there - it was the lower level prime seating ones I think that had to pay to stay on the lower level, or get bumped up higher. I'm not really sure though. I wasn't even born yet.

I have never complained about ticket prices, but that's because I was either in the game for free or could afford the prices...and there was a good team on the field! If it was a team of OSU caliber with OSU history, I might be a little less inclined to pay... what was it? $49 for Chattanooga and $65 for Cinci? $60-something... In any event, I would not want to pay that much for OSU vs. Chatt or OSU vs. Cinci because the talent level and caliber and history are not there. Maybe I would if I were an OSU alum and buying into the hype that it's OSU's year. However, I think OSU is proving that they've educated their students far too much and spent not nearly enough on sports to convince their educated audience to pay for a substandard football team. Thus, OSU alums (because as we have all been told many times, OSU fans are just alumni and not fairweather fan cheatin' gooner Wal-mart t-shirt fans) are too smart to buy whatever Holder and Booner are selling.

:D I just insulted OSU while complimenting them. Have a response, resident Poke fans?

Sooner04
8/14/2008, 10:10 AM
Just curious Badger - are you a season ticket holder? I had my tickets when the upper deck was added and didn't hear a thing about an additional fee to avoid being moved. I have the same seats year after year unless I ask for an upgrade. As it turns out, I like the ones I have just fine.
No, she's just talking about stuff she doesn't know anything about.

If you get on the list, you're on the list. If you call and donate $100/seat you'll be in the endzones. If you call and donate $250/seat you'll be in the upper decks.

badger
8/14/2008, 10:42 AM
:D TOUCHDOWN TIGHT END! :D

Seriously though, as I explained in my last post, it may have just been the prime seats on the lower level that got bumped to the upper level after the upper deck was finished. I'm sure there was no fight tooth-and-nail over endzone line seats with limited other-side viewing or the bowled in sardine seats in the north endzone... then again, like I said, I wasn't born yet.

OUMallen
8/14/2008, 02:45 PM
Donating moves you straight to the line. $100 donation per ticket requested essentially get you in the end zone. $250 donation per ticket moves you to about the 10-15 yard line.

I'm gonna like my tickets for years to come .

Not true for me. I donated more than that and didn't end up that good.

r5TPsooner
8/14/2008, 02:57 PM
Not true for me. I donated more than that and didn't end up that good.

That's BS! Sorry bout that.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
8/14/2008, 07:07 PM
Ok quick question here, lets say i donate 500 (250X2) for two seats and move up the list and get tickets for next year, do I have to pay the donation fee every year after that to keep the same seats or can I downgrade my seats to a non-donation level season tikcet or a cheaper dontion level?

Thanks in advacne

BigDeezy
8/14/2008, 07:18 PM
Are you all serious? Are you saying that if I make a donation of $100 to $250 per my four season seats I will be able to score Texas tickets as soon as next year?? I have never heard that, and the whole donation thing had me so confused I thought you had to donate thousands (immediate or over time) before you could qualify. Please confirm how this works.

Soonerfan88
8/14/2008, 09:50 PM
No, you cannot get Texas tickets that easily. But you can get season tickets just by donating $100 per seat - usually south end zone but occasionally something in the north end zone is open. Getting out of the EZs will cost a minimum $250 per seat but your location again depends on what seats are available - you might still end up in the EZ.

If you donate to obtain your initial season tickets, you must continue giving the minimum for that seating area every year to keep your seats. Those who have never donated for their tickets will are not required to donate unless they want to move to a better location. At that point, the annual requirement kicks in for them also.

Piware
8/14/2008, 10:05 PM

If you get on the list, you're on the list. If you call and donate $100/seat you'll be in the endzones. If you call and donate $250/seat you'll be in the upper decks.

I'll wave at you guys from Section 3. Maybe not great seats in your book but it is okay with me - and you don't get there for free.

Sooner04
8/14/2008, 10:09 PM
I'll wave at you guys from Section 3. Maybe not great seats in your book but it is okay with me - and you don't get there for free.
You kidding? Section 3's a great seat as long as you're not too low. I wanted to get tickets down there but to bump somebody you had to pay a lot of money to get in.

I'm probably 100 miles above you in 101. I'm in the flight pattern.

colleyvillesooner
8/14/2008, 10:28 PM
I'm in 3 on row 41, on the aisle closest to 4.

I don't know how anyone could complain about anything in the west side between the goalines.

sooner59
8/15/2008, 12:05 AM
Well im in section 29...sometimes 28. Yeah im the student section. But I have to get there really early. I guess its time for me to get on the season ticket wait list.

olevetonahill
8/15/2008, 04:17 AM
I cant help it everytime I see that thread Title I think seasex :hot:
I know Im a perv ;)

OUMallen
8/15/2008, 08:41 AM
Texas tickets: I know people that had my donation level ($300/per) that got lucky in the lottery as first-year buyers and donators. I didn't though. :(

Piware
8/15/2008, 02:58 PM
You kidding? Section 3's a great seat as long as you're not too low. I wanted to get tickets down there but to bump somebody you had to pay a lot of money to get in.

I'm probably 100 miles above you in 101. I'm in the flight pattern.

Buy yourself a beanie with a red flashing light like the radio towers. We can't afford to lose a Sooner fan to a mishap like that.