PDA

View Full Version : WTF is with Chinese gymnastics?

SoonerStormchaser
8/12/2008, 10:25 PM
Seriously...they had home cooking to win the gold in the men's...and their women's team looks like a bunch of 8 year olds!

SoonerDood
8/12/2008, 11:01 PM
China is the new Soviets. gah

Paperclip
8/12/2008, 11:02 PM
I'm thinking our girls' team is being coached by Phil Mickelson. What a bunch of chokers.

colleyvillesooner
8/12/2008, 11:05 PM
home cooking? Did you even watch last night?

They were WAY better than anyone else.

Girls=meltdown.

SoonerStormchaser
8/12/2008, 11:05 PM
They're definitely sucking on the floor and balance beam...that first chick is really hawt though.

SoonerStormchaser
8/12/2008, 11:06 PM
home cooking? Did you even watch last night?

They were WAY better than anyone else.

Girls=meltdown.
Really? Then how do you explain that one dood's dismount off the bar and completely off the mat...and he didn't even get penalized?

tommieharris91
8/12/2008, 11:07 PM
They're definitely sucking on the floor and balance beam...that first chick is really hawt though.

Those girls are young then you. I thought you liked women twice your age. :confused:

Paperclip
8/12/2008, 11:07 PM
Those girls are young then you. I thought you liked women twice your age. :confused:

He was talking about Marta.

Sooner98
8/12/2008, 11:17 PM
Looks like we are going to have to start force-training our kids from the age of 3 to become Olympic gymnasts the way China does if we ever want to win gold again.

Soonerus
8/12/2008, 11:42 PM
at least 2 twelve year olds on Chinese woman's team...weird...The Olympic rule is you must be 16 to compete...

GottaHavePride
8/12/2008, 11:44 PM
It's easy to fake your age when the government is in charge of your training AND your ID papers.

Either way, they were better than our team. I volunteer to console all the girls on our team of legal age. ;)

Soonerus
8/12/2008, 11:46 PM
The rap is the younger one's, while very good, do not have the stress, injuries and fatique to deal with as the older (16) ones...thus they might not perform as well at 16 or 17 as 12 or 13...

rainiersooner
8/13/2008, 12:16 AM
Dude - I was just watching the award ceremony...I feel like I'm watching a very bad parody of Jean Bennet Ramsey...this is really disturbing!!!!

Soonerus
8/13/2008, 12:18 AM
Chinese cheaters...

soonersn20xx
8/13/2008, 12:39 AM
At least it isn't as bad as playing at Oregon. ;)

Soonerus
8/13/2008, 12:41 AM
or at Texas Tech...

colleyvillesooner
8/13/2008, 07:39 AM
Really? Then how do you explain that one dood's dismount off the bar and completely off the mat...and he didn't even get penalized?

Yep, you're right, that's what made them win by seven points.

badger
8/13/2008, 08:08 AM
I loved how the announcer dude with the heavy slov accent was all like "age" this, "age" that and called the chinese women 14-15 year olds... he's about to get his passport revoked :rolleyes:

The scores were uneven, especially on bar, vault and balance beam, but the women screwed up enough that it didn't matter - they won by 2.

If China really is dominant, they should follow the rules and win on their own accord. I know chicks develop fast around the age of 16 and 14-15 is easier to teach without all those femmy complications, but COME ON. Rules, China. You should love rules. You're red, after all.

Harry Beanbag
8/13/2008, 08:17 AM
I loved how the announcer dude with the heavy slov accent was all like "age" this, "age" that and called the chinese women 14-15 year olds... he's about to get his passport revoked :rolleyes:

The announcer dude? Do you mean Bela Karolyi? How old are you?

colleyvillesooner
8/13/2008, 09:03 AM
heh.

He's the husband of the American coach...

http://chronicle.augusta.com/images/headlines/120396/strug_karolyi.jpg

badger
8/13/2008, 09:08 AM
The announcer dude? Do you mean Bela Karolyi? How old are you?

I didn't want to admit that I couldn't spell his name... but good to see you're all paying attention :D

KC//CRIMSON
8/13/2008, 02:13 PM
"I saw a Chinese woman in the crowd give birth. Some Chinese government officials immediately came over and took the baby and threw it down to the gymnastics coach on the floor, where it was suited up and scored a 15.795 on the floor exercise."

Curly Bill
8/13/2008, 02:15 PM
"I saw a Chinese woman in the crowd give birth. Some Chinese government officials immediately came over and took the baby and threw it down to the gymnastics coach on the floor, where it was suited up and scored a 15.795 on the floor exercise."

:D

badger
8/13/2008, 03:07 PM

Chapter 2:

Said baby's age was immediately questioned, as the girl did not appear to be the minimum age required of 16. However, documentation was immediately produced, including her birth certificate and her passport, which showed her age to be 16. Weary media tracked the source of said "Made in China" documents to a nearby factory shut down to minimize pollution. This is what was found:
http://www.hemmy.net/images/interesting/chinesefakebrand04.jpg
http://www.hemmy.net/images/interesting/chinesefakebrand06.jpg
http://www.hemmy.net/images/interesting/chinesefakebrand11.jpg
And best of all, the "Bintendo Vii"
http://www.thegadgetblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/vii.jpg
NBC analysists admitted that while the evidence presented was suspect, there would be no way to prove that the baby was not 16 years old.

Harry Beanbag
8/13/2008, 05:14 PM
I didn't want to admit that I couldn't spell his name... but good to see you're all paying attention :D

I was just wondering if you knew he is arguably the greatest gymnastics coach in history or knew anything about his past.

ouflak
8/15/2008, 03:38 AM
I'll just say this: If I was on a team of 16+ year olds that just their *** kicked by a bunch of 13+ year olds, I'd be saying to anybody and everybody that I'm pretty sure they are all actually 18 years old, if not older.

olevetonahill
8/15/2008, 04:37 AM
Chinese cheaters...

I bet they Play poker to huh ?:rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
8/15/2008, 07:23 AM
I'll just say this: If I was on a team of 16+ year olds that just their *** kicked by a bunch of 13+ year olds, I'd be saying to anybody and everybody that I'm pretty sure they are all actually 18 years old, if not older.

Not in gymnastics. Nadia was 14 when she won.

badger
8/15/2008, 11:51 AM
Did you see the way that angry head judge marched over to the table after Nastia's Luiken (hope I'm spelling it right, but the USA GOLD MEDALIST in all future references, lol) to make sure she got a really high China-like score on her balance beam performance.

We were getting screwed, hosed, taken, f***ed, whatever you wanna call it before that moment. Then all of the sudden, our scores were actually fair again and USA GOLD MEDALIST got the Chinese-high score she deserved.

It's an effing balance beam. Why did China get a high score when they had all those balance checks on the freakin' BALANCE beam? Oh yeah, they're CHINA. Woot woot.

badger
8/15/2008, 11:55 AM

This rule only applies to gymnastics for a reason - it is to a girl's advantage to be undeveloped and development happens when? Usually before 16. Thus, boobies and other associated fat take over the body and it is more difficult to flip with ease with tiny girl-like muscles than which the chickies were younger. I can remember doing the jungle gym bars on the playground at recess when I was 5, 10, elementary school age. If I tried to do that now, I probably couldn't hold on for more than 5 seconds.

But, you already knew that and were joking :D It is shameful and dishonoring to China to cheat to win when they could have put up a solid team of 16 year olds out of their billion-plus population no problem.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/15/2008, 12:23 PM
Did you see the way THAT ANGRY HEAD JUDGE marched over to the table after Nastia's Luiken (hope I'm spelling it right, but the USA GOLD MEDALIST in all future references, lol) to make sure she got a really high China-like score on her balance beam performance.

We were getting screwed, hosed, taken, f***ed, whatever you wanna call it before that moment. Then all of the sudden, our scores were actually fair again and USA GOLD MEDALIST got the Chinese-high score she deserved.

That angry head judge was NELLY KIM, a former star gymnast for the old USSR. She was in the same olympics as Nadia Comanische(sp.?)I think she wanted to see Nastia do well, since Nastia's dad was a former USSR gold medalist. We might have just gotten lucky that Nelly is/was a Ruski.

tulsaoilerfan
8/15/2008, 09:48 PM

In gymnastics younger is better because of the bodies that haven't hit puberty yet

tulsaoilerfan
8/15/2008, 09:50 PM
This rule only applies to gymnastics for a reason - it is to a girl's advantage to be undeveloped and development happens when? Usually before 16. Thus, boobies and other associated fat take over the body and it is more difficult to flip with ease with tiny girl-like muscles than which the chickies were younger. I can remember doing the jungle gym bars on the playground at recess when I was 5, 10, elementary school age. If I tried to do that now, I probably couldn't hold on for more than 5 seconds.

But, you already knew that and were joking :D It is shameful and dishonoring to China to cheat to win when they could have put up a solid team of 16 year olds out of their billion-plus population no problem.

Heh heh heh, you said boobies. :D

GottaHavePride
8/16/2008, 12:53 AM
That angry head judge was NELLY KIM, a former star gymnast for the old USSR. She was in the same olympics as Nadia Comaneci. I think she wanted to see Nastia do well, since Nastia's dad was a former USSR gold medalist. We might have just gotten lucky that Nelly is/was a Ruski.

Fixed.

GottaHavePride
8/16/2008, 12:54 AM
Oh, and I think Nelly Kim was just getting pissed that is was the SAME ****ING BITCH JUDGE who was on the phone after EVERY DAMN ROUTINE trying to get the girls' scores knocked lower.

jkjsooner
8/23/2008, 01:33 PM
Fixed.

We probably should learn to spell her name since she's probably the most internationally famous Norman resident we'll ever have.