PDA

View Full Version : The offseason....

cheezyq
8/12/2008, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I'm bored of the offseason already, but I thought this tidbit was mildly humorous. I'm digging deep here, guys (and badger), so be gentle:

Soonerstats.com has a countdown to 800 wins at:

http://www.soonerstats.com/football/800.cfm

The funny thing is that they've estimated the 800th win to take place at home in 2009 against OSU. Hopefully that won't happen, since we'll be undefeated this year (wink wink). But if it does play out like that, you can bet I'll be checking out the meltdown over at OP.com. Perhaps Gundy will be hired to a 20-year extension and it will rain on Stooly for 40 days and forty nights as Holder announces his own extension of 20 years and realizes it was a mistake to fire Sean Sutton and hires him back, and OSU finds out that Booner left them entirely out of his will.

One thing's for certain, the sky will certainly fall for our jealous, prison-issue colored fans of the mascot that looks like a member of The Village People (NTTAWWT), should we actually post our 800th win against them. If we look closely, I'll bet we'd be able to find a suitable complement to :stunned: .

Is it August 30th already?

cvsooner
8/12/2008, 04:57 PM
Gundy can't claim he's 40 anymore, either. I saw today is his birthday. "I'm a man, I'm 41," just doesn't have the same ring to it.

soonermix
8/12/2008, 04:59 PM
not quite but a mere 18 days to go.
and the olympics will make those days fly by.

badger
8/12/2008, 05:01 PM
Gundy can't claim he's 40 anymore, either. I saw today is his birthday. "I'm a man, I'm 41," just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Cale Gundy continues to be 36, right?

Meh. The offseason. It looms. You know it is offseason when...

1- ESPN talks nonstop about Brett Favre.
2- ESPN declares a city other than Green Bay "Titletown, USA."

Man I hate ESPN :mad:

KantoSooner
8/12/2008, 05:05 PM
Yeah, but remember that you can always fill the gap in your life with......baseball!

Yes, baseball.

You see, it works this way:
Whenever you get those bad feelings of emptiness due to no CFB and start to eye the cat with felicidal intent, simply stroll to your nearest purveyor of baseball thrills and action and tune right in.

By conservative estimation, this will cause you to sleep through to the start of the football season.

You're welcome.

badger
8/12/2008, 05:05 PM
Yeah, but remember that you can always fill the gap in your life with......baseball!

Yes, baseball.

You see, it works this way:
Whenever you get those bad feelings of emptiness due to no CFB and start to eye the cat with felicidal intent, simply stroll to your nearest purveyor of baseball thrills and action and tune right in.

By conservative estimation, this will cause you to sleep through to the start of the football season.

You're welcome.

Well, OU did make the postseason... which seems so long ago.

Dammit, where's my football :mad: