PDA

View Full Version : Georgia loses starting LT for the year

colleyvillesooner
8/12/2008, 12:10 PM
Man, this kid must have been a beast. Started all 13 gamse as a Freshman last year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/08/12/georgia.sturdivant.ap/index.html

ATHENS, Ga. (AP) -- Georgia is having to recast its plans for its offensive line after losing starting left tackle Trinton Sturdivant for the season.

Coach Mark Richt said Tuesday Sturdivant will have season-ending reconstructive surgery after suffering an injury to his left knee in the team's first preseason scrimmage on Monday.

Sturdivant, from Wadesboro, N.C., started all 13 games as a true freshman in 2007.

A date for the surgery has not been set.

Josh Davis, a sophomore, moved up to the first-team offense following Sturdivant's injury in the scrimmage at Sanford Stadium.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/12/2008, 12:14 PM
Is satan cashing in on Georgia already?

RedstickSooner
8/12/2008, 12:29 PM
Is satan cashing in on Georgia already?

Nope. Probably just honoring his contract with USuC.

yermom
8/12/2008, 12:33 PM
damn Russians

goingoneight
8/12/2008, 06:45 PM
I once thought UGA would be my #1 pick for the year... I'm not so sure they're having the best of luck right now. They're doing worse keeping guys healthy and in line than we are and I have my doubts about us as well.

Fraggle145
8/13/2008, 01:42 AM
this happens every year with their line... Having lived there I have heard it all, yet they never seem to have a problem putting together a good one.

Sturdivant is ridiculous, I think he was a frosh all american.

Jacie
8/13/2008, 06:24 AM
Georgia and Florida are both having a rough preseason. The World's Largest Cocktail Party is going to be the third-string bowl . . .