PDA

View Full Version : Georgia vs Russia updates?

Jerk
8/12/2008, 09:01 AM
The beginning of WW3 may have started and all I can find on the TV is the Edwards Scandal, Obama, and the Olympics.

I hope they held their capital. Last I heard they were digging in.

Edit- they did. Now arm every man, woman, and child with an AK-47. Russia sucks at insurgent warfare.

Jerk
8/12/2008, 10:17 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cfqd18fK6bBa/610x.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/10/09/world/09georgians-600.jpg

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/12/2008, 10:23 AM
As horrible as all this stuff is, I tend to believe it hurts Obama more than McCain.

royalfan5
8/12/2008, 10:23 AM
Russian President Medvedev has called a halt to the operation. If you want timely useful breaking news, go to the Business Oriented Sites, they tend to care less about Edwards and more about oil flow.

Jerk
8/12/2008, 10:29 AM
Russian President Medvedev has called a halt to the operation. If you want timely useful breaking news, go to the Business Oriented Sites, they tend to care less about Edwards and more about oil flow.

Thanks.

JohnnyMack
8/12/2008, 10:32 AM
As horrible as all this stuff is, I tend to believe it hurts Obama more than McCain.

If pictures surfaced of John McCain, W, 3 donkeys, a pound of blow and two midget hookers you'd say you believe it hurts Obama more than McCain.

8/12/2008, 10:37 AM
If pictures surfaced of John McCain, W, 3 donkeys, a pound of blow and two midget hookers you'd say you believe it hurts Obama more than McCain.We're(I'm) talking issues of national defense-Obama's "little problem".

soonersn20xx
8/12/2008, 10:38 AM
If pictures surfaced of John McCain, W, 3 donkeys, a pound of blow and two midget hookers you'd say you believe it hurts Obama more than McCain.

http://forums.mystery-axiom.com/images/smilies/hahaha.gif

OUMallen
8/12/2008, 10:48 AM
BBC has great coverage.

8/12/2008, 10:55 AM
http://forums.mystery-axiom.com/images/smilies/hahaha.gif:les:

Jerk
8/12/2008, 11:12 AM
I read this post on another board and it makes me happy.

In the past couple of days Georgian forces have managed to shoot down at least 10 invading aircraft and kill 40+ imperialist tanks.

That level of performance isn't too bad, considering they were caught off guard by a numerically and technologically superior force.

Imagine what they could do if they had a steady flow of Javelins, Stingers, TOWs, AT4s, plenty of ammunition and other essential supplies.

The Georgians have stood by us the entire time in Iraq.

If we are going to maintain our national integrity, we are obligated to support our allies in their time of need.

So before you decide that all hope is lost for our Georgian friends, take the time to learn about how our common enemy has performed in the past and what Georgia is fully capable of achieving today.

JohnnyMack
8/12/2008, 11:22 AM
Every time someone who allies themselves with us does something stupid doesn't mean we need to gird our loins and go shoot things.

SoonerBorn68
8/12/2008, 11:25 AM
That's odd. The top pic shows a soldier with a M4. The bottom one shows most of the soldiers with AK-74's with one 47 in the middle.

Jerk
8/12/2008, 11:33 AM
That's odd. The top pic shows a soldier with a M4. The bottom one shows most of the soldiers with AK-74's with one 47 in the middle.

The contracted with Bushmaster to make M4's for their military. I don't know how many, though. Obviously, not enough for everyone, yet.

Jerk
8/12/2008, 11:36 AM
Every time someone who allies themselves with us does something stupid doesn't mean we need to gird our loins and go shoot things.

I don't agree that they did anything stupid. And I don't advocate us getting directly involved, rather I see us doing more of a supportive role like we did with Afghanistan vs. USSR.

soonerscuba
8/12/2008, 11:43 AM
I don't agree that they did anything stupid. And I don't advocate us getting directly involved, rather I see us doing more of a supportive role like we did with Afghanistan vs. USSR.
This is a tough one, while I agree with you on the face, but the very same people we armed and trained in Afghanistan ended up hating and killing us, so I'm leery of material support for anti-Soviet forces as we seem to give a blank check to anybody fighting the Rusks. I think that as of now, our support should be solely diplomatic.

Has anybody played W more than Putin?

Jerk
8/12/2008, 11:43 AM
Georgia needs Javelins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dezg8aflMmk

Jerk
8/12/2008, 11:46 AM
This is a tough one, while I agree with you on the face, but the very same people we armed and trained in Afghanistan ended up hating and killing us, so I'm leery of material support for anti-Soviet forces as we seem to give a blank check to anybody fighting the Rusks. I think that as of now, our support should be solely diplomatic.

A portion of Afghanistan fought us, not all of it, and certainly not the Northern Alliance. Plus, I'm not too worried about the Christian nation of Georgia sending people to fly airplanes into buildings.

Here is what we need to send them:

You have the exact same mindset as Neville Chamberlain.

SoonerBorn68
8/12/2008, 11:48 AM

I thought that too, but the main difference is that the Georgian people aren't fanatic islamists. I think we need to at least send military aid to them or the world will think we've turned into Russia's bitch.

And, you're right, Putin owns Bush for some reason.

JohnnyMack
8/12/2008, 12:00 PM
And, you're right, Putin owns Bush for some reason.

One of them is coach Stoops, one of them is coach Fran.

soonersn20xx
8/12/2008, 12:01 PM
And, you're right, Putin owns Bush for some reason.I thought Bush looked into Putin's eyes and saw he was a good man. :P

Jerk
8/12/2008, 12:01 PM
What Bush should have said:

"I looked into Putin's eyes and saw a KGB communist THUG"

soonerscuba
8/12/2008, 12:06 PM
A portion of Afghanistan fought us, not all of it, and certainly not the Northern Alliance. Plus, I'm not too worried about the Christian nation of Georgia sending people to fly airplanes into buildings.

Here is what we need to send them:

You have the exact same mindset as Neville Chamberlain.
Fair enough, I guess I would say that Georgia is different, but the future is hard to tell.

Oh, boy, the Chamberlain platitude never gets tired, no matter how many wars that don't turn to WWIII it gets used.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/12/2008, 12:25 PM

Actually, I think Putin has yet to get even. The missle defense system, the expansion of NATO, US military bases in Central Asia, support for the secession of Kosovo. All of these things have put Russia on the defensive. Russia's trying to reassert influence over what it veiws as its domain.

Of course, when I think about that "I've looked into his soul" statement every time I just can't help but shake my head.

JohnnyMack
8/12/2008, 12:47 PM
Gorbachev weighs in:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/11/AR2008081101372.html

Animal Mother
8/12/2008, 01:01 PM
The beginning of WW3 may have started and all I can find on the TV is the Edwards Scandal, Obama, and the Olympics.

I hope they held their capital. Last I heard they were digging in.

Edit- they did. Now arm every man, woman, and child with an AK-47. Russia sucks at insurgent warfare.

This just in: Moscow in flames. Missles headed for New York. Film at 11.

Two KFM references in one month. I need a f**kin' life.

Latest score:
Russia 56 Georgia 6

When an article has the phrase imperialist jet fighters or whatever the hell it said I say Phooey to that article. Russia has been giving the folks of South Ossetia ersatz citizenship for the last few years just so they could bitch slap Georgia if they jacked with them. Russia is still Russia on some levels. BP closed 3 of 4 pipelines operating near this dust up. Say goodbye to $115 per barrel real soon. There's your real news possibly.

SoonerProphet
8/12/2008, 03:20 PM
http://washingtonrealist.blogspot.com/

tommieharris91
8/12/2008, 03:31 PM
Say goodbye to $115 per barrel real soon. There's your real news possibly.

Why are oil traders focused on the rapid strengthening of the USD vs the EUR then? NYMEX crude is down to about $113. It closed at around $120 on Thursday, the day before this dust-up started. The truth is, there are a lot of factors other than simple supply issues in play in the crude oil market. Like the USD vs the EUR, how demand in China changes after the Olympics, falling demand due to high prices, etc.

sooneron
8/12/2008, 03:52 PM
I think Georgia is bound to lose

two sec games this year.

JohnnyMack
8/12/2008, 04:15 PM
I think Georgia is bound to lose

two sec games this year.

Yeah. They did lose their starting LT for the season.

sooneron
8/12/2008, 04:29 PM
I don't think that Richt can take it being a frontrunner.

Animal Mother
8/13/2008, 05:47 PM
Why are oil traders focused on the rapid strengthening of the USD vs the EUR then? NYMEX crude is down to about $113. It closed at around $120 on Thursday, the day before this dust-up started. The truth is, there are a lot of factors other than simple supply issues in play in the crude oil market. Like the USD vs the EUR, how demand in China changes after the Olympics, falling demand due to high prices, etc.

I said possibly Ignatz. So I was wrong. Sue me.:D
I'm surprised with BP shutting down pipelines in proximity to the fighting that oil did not rise in cost. Give the hand wringers/ speculators time. They'll find a reason connected to the fighting to raise the price of oil.