PDA

View Full Version : My Son Starts High School tomorrow

tulsaoilerfan
8/10/2008, 04:04 PM
Geez, where has the time gone? Seems like he was just born and now he's just 15 months away from having his license.

Okla-homey
8/10/2008, 04:09 PM
Good for him and good for you Pop. Remind him life starts now in terms of the fact his high school academic performance will lay the groundwork for where he ends up in life someday.

But be sure to have some fun along the way.

r5TPsooner
8/10/2008, 04:15 PM
My oldest son start KG on Thursday. I feel like it was just yesterday that he was spitting baby food at me in a high chair.

Newbomb Turk
8/10/2008, 04:17 PM
damn, school starts early. it isn't even mid-August.

r5TPsooner
8/10/2008, 04:26 PM

Yep, I thought we had one more week of fun but alas, school is starting. Next year we'll probably start in July.:rolleyes:

OU-HSV
8/10/2008, 04:29 PM
Oiler fan, my son is about 3 and a half years old..time has flown to this point, so I'm guessing it's gonna only fly faster between now and high school right? I can't begin to think about that, I mean it seems like my boy should only be a year old, yet he's going on 4. Geeze.

Crazy how it gets earlier every damn year isn't it? They've been moving it earlier every year, even since I was in school and I'm 27 years old.

setem
8/10/2008, 04:29 PM
Where does he go to school?

I will have my nephews kick his ***!

I am kidding high school is great time wish him the best!

Turd_Ferguson
8/10/2008, 04:34 PM
My oldest Son turned 17 last month. I was just looking at his younger pictures this a.m. and teared up thinking about how fast time has went by.:(

tulsaoilerfan
8/10/2008, 06:09 PM

I know; they have more time off for holidays now than they did when i went to school; a full week for Thanksgiving and 2 full weeks for Christmas/New Year's; when i was in school it was Thur and Fri for Thanksgiving and about 10 days for Christmas/New Year's; seems like we started around the 21st or later.

boomersooner28
8/11/2008, 07:32 AM
Man its seems like yesterday when my wife was showing me her positive pee test proving she was pregnant. Now my little girl is 3 months from being born! Where has the time gone!?!?1? :D

soonerbrat
8/11/2008, 08:03 AM
Geez, where has the time gone? Seems like he was just born and now he's just 15 months away from having his license.

right there with ya, buddy..my daughter is a sophomore this year and just got her permit.

the_ouskull
8/11/2008, 08:03 AM
Forget about all of your kids. I start school in an hour.

I have to find another profession. I'm not sure how much longer I can handle this whole teaching business. Anybody know any good in-roads to manwhoring? :D

the_ouskull

soonerbrat
8/11/2008, 08:04 AM
Man its seems like yesterday when my wife was showing me her positive pee test proving she was pregnant. Now my little girl is 3 months from being born! Where has the time gone!?!?1? :D

just wait. just. wait.

GrapevineSooner
8/11/2008, 08:06 AM
My daughter starts Kindergarten in two weeks.

Yay, no more paying weekly tuition for daycare. :D

Hot Rod
8/11/2008, 08:11 AM
My daughter starts Kindergarten in two weeks.

Yay, no more paying weekly tuition for daycare. :D

My baby boy starts Kindergarten as well. It sounds like you have all day kindergarten where you live. It would've been nice if this was the first year it was implemented here. :(

SoonerJack
8/11/2008, 08:34 AM
So Oilerfan did you give him your best "starting high school" speech?

When my oldest started hs, I drove him to school on the first day. As we were pulling into the parking lot, this carload of mini-skirted cuties unloads in front of us. I said, "Cam. High school is lot different than middle school." He just kinda nodded. It was pretty funny.

GrapevineSooner
8/11/2008, 09:11 AM
My baby boy starts Kindergarten as well. It sounds like you have all day kindergarten where you live. It would've been nice if this was the first year it was implemented here. :(

yeah, we're pretty fortunate in that regard. Might have to put her in afterschool daycare for a few days though. But since I work a 4x10 including weekends, I'll be able to pick her up three days out of the week.

soonermix
8/11/2008, 12:43 PM
it seems not so long ago when i started high school then boom and i go to my 10 year high school reunion man the time flew