PDA

View Full Version : John McCain's Budget and Discretionary Spending

JohnnyMack
8/9/2008, 09:03 PM
A one-year spending pause. Freeze non-defense, non-veterans discretionary spending for a year and use those savings for deficit reduction. A one-year pause in the growth of discretionary spending will be imposed to allow for a comprehensive review of all spending programs. After the completion of a comprehensive review of all programs, projects and activities of the federal government, we will propose a plan to modernize, streamline, consolidate, reprioritize and, where needed, terminate individual programs.

Not surprising that he won't touch military spending or the Veterans, but what is NASA supposed to do, turn off it's lights and lock up for a year? We just send all the folks from the Dept. of the Interior and the CDC and the FDA home for a year? I don't get it.

r5TPsooner
8/9/2008, 09:25 PM
You don't seem to get a lot of things.

tommieharris91
8/9/2008, 09:28 PM
Why don't you hate the $8.9 trillion national debt?

Rogue
8/9/2008, 09:32 PM
I think it's a proposal not to increase spending anywhere except defense and veterans areas. Like a "continuing resolution," "flat-line budget," or status quo for everything. Isn't it?

SicEmBaylor
8/9/2008, 09:32 PM
Not surprising that he won't touch military spending or the Veterans, but what is NASA supposed to do, turn off it's lights and lock up for a year? We just send all the folks from the Dept. of the Interior and the CDC and the FDA home for a year? I don't get it.

He's not eliminating their budgets; he's putting a hold on discretionary spending. There's a huge difference.

NASA will continue to operate as is, but any future big-ticket projects it wants funding for will be put on hold or reviewed.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/9/2008, 09:37 PM
OK, now somebody post Obama's financial plans.

Rogue
8/9/2008, 09:39 PM
It's not stopping anything except increases.
A one-year pause in the growth of discretionary spending will be imposed

OK, now somebody post Obama's financial plans.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/

olevetonahill
8/9/2008, 09:42 PM
No politics Its Drunky time Bastages :D

Mjcpr
8/9/2008, 09:58 PM
He's not eliminating their budgets; he's putting a hold on discretionary spending. There's a huge different.

Exactly. The different, it's huge.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/9/2008, 10:08 PM
I really liked Arnold in Difference Strokes.

Whatchoo talkin' bout, Willis?

Ike
8/9/2008, 10:43 PM
Nice thought, but this seems like one of those pipe dream plans.

There's absolutely no way a new president is going to convince congress not to send more and more money to their districts.

It's nice words, and he knows that it will be impossible to get anything done on that front.

trav
8/10/2008, 03:19 AM
Thanks for posting the link to Mr. Walkabout's story.

Flagstaffsooner
8/10/2008, 03:36 AM
OK, now somebody post Obama's financial plans.Mo money fo crack ho moms.

olevetonahill
8/10/2008, 03:56 AM
Mo money fo crack ho moms.

drunky town or Neg, your choice ;)

Rogue
8/10/2008, 05:26 AM
Olevet was regulatin' last night!

olevetonahill
8/10/2008, 07:10 AM
Olevet was regulatin' last night!

them Damn Libs dont listen :mad: :rolleyes: