PDA

View Full Version : Could the TIDE BE TURNING?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/9/2008, 09:20 AM
Economic and Pol. pundit Larry Kudlow seems to think it so:
http://moneynews.newsmax.com/larry_kudlow/kudlow_drill_is_working/2008/08/07/120057.html?s=al&promo_code=6788-1

OklahomaTuba
8/9/2008, 08:19 PM
Oh no, does that mean I won't get my gubment issued tire gauge now???

soonersn20xx
8/9/2008, 08:34 PM
I agree that Nancy Pelosi and the dems are making a mistake by not entertaining the issue, the issue should be debated on the floor and the idea of how this will reduce the price at the pump and if so........guarantee that it does before we do anything on it.

For example, all oil extracted from U.S. leases shall be for U.S. consumption to reduce our dependence on foreign oil and with an adjustable sale value below world market rates to reduce the costs at the pump. Remember guys, this whole idea is about helping the U.S. consumer.........so don't use the argument of capitalism which will all know is a guise for gouging. Let those be the conditions and see how fast the Republican tide will fizzle.

8/9/2008, 08:46 PM
I agree that Nancy Pelosi and the dems are making a mistake by not entertaining the issue, the issue should be debated on the floor and the idea of how this will reduce the price at the pump and if so........guarantee that it does before we do anything on it.

For example, all oil extracted from U.S. leases shall be for U.S. consumption to reduce our dependence on foreign oil and with an adjustable sale value below world market rates to reduce the costs at the pump. Remember guys, this whole idea is about helping the U.S. consumer.........so don't use the argument of capitalism which will all know is a guise for gouging. Let those be the conditions and see how fast the Republican tide will fizzle.Hiya, lib; how'd you like the way the other drilling thread turned out?

soonersn20xx
8/9/2008, 08:49 PM
Hiya, lib; how'd you like the way the other drilling thread turned out?This one will probably go down the same way if you keep calling me a lib, remember....that's a dirty word.;)

JohnnyMack
8/9/2008, 08:53 PM
I know you're new here, but you're either for them, or against them. There is no room for rational thought and compromise with these two.

soonersn20xx
8/9/2008, 09:01 PM
I know you're new here, but you're either for them, or against them. There is no room for rational thought and compromise with these two.

I'm about at the end of my rope, I have yet to find a rational right leaning poster on these boards.............I see why the left leaning Vets don't even bother challenging some of these topics. There's partisanship and then there is blind fanaticism.

So maybe I will just leave this category and stick to OU football.

8/9/2008, 09:02 PM
This one will probably go down the same way if you keep calling me a lib, remember....that's a dirty word.;)Mod Rich doesn't consider the word "lib" as an insult. You shouldn't either.

JohnnyMack
8/9/2008, 09:04 PM
I'm about at the end of my rope, I have yet to find a rational right leaning poster on these boards.............I see why the left leaning Vets don't even bother challenging some of these topics. There's partisanship and then there is blind fanaticism.

So maybe I will just leave this category and stick to OU football.

Naw don't leave, it's easy to get under their skin...watch this,

:les:HEY RUSH!!! DON'T LOOK NOW, IT'S THE KEATING FIVE!!!!!!!!!!

r5TPsooner
8/9/2008, 09:07 PM
Naw don't leave, it's easy to get under their skin...watch this,

:les:HEY RUSH!!! DON'T LOOK NOW, IT'S THE KEATING FIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Johnny Mack look its JIMMY CARTER!

soonersn20xx
8/9/2008, 09:09 PM
Mod Rich doesn't consider the word "lib" as an insult. You shouldn't either.

Well, I am a moderate..............so if you must classify me. Do it correctly please sir.

r5TPsooner
8/9/2008, 09:11 PM
Well, I am a moderate..............so if you must classify me. Do it correctly please sir.

Moderate drunk? Moderate Pub? Moderate Dem?

8/9/2008, 09:13 PM

So maybe I will just leave this category and stick to OU football.There are a lot of left-leaning and "understanding" conservatives over at horns.com, who will engage you in a manner in which you would feel comfortable. It's probably a more stimulating site, and would be better suited for you.

soonersn20xx
8/9/2008, 09:17 PM
There are a lot of left-leaning and "understanding" conservatives over at horns.com, who will engage you in a manner in which you would feel comfortable. It's probably a more stimulating site, and would be better suited for you.

As far as politics go, I'm sure you have alot more in common with those folks than me.

King Crimson
8/9/2008, 09:19 PM
rtp5ptp: was it not a few weeks ago you were pretending to "weigh" your voting decision? now, you are principle heavy poster among the Obama Dogpile (tm).

seems to me.

8/9/2008, 09:20 PM
As far as politics go, I'm sure you have alot more in common with those folks than me.I think you're wrong. Go check 'em out, and see what they're like.

soonersn20xx
8/9/2008, 09:23 PM
I think you're wrong. Go check 'em out, and see what they're like.
That's ok Rush, I'm sure I was a sooner fan before you.........but it's sad that your disagreement politically makes you think you could kick me off the sooner schooner.:rolleyes:

8/9/2008, 09:34 PM
That's ok Rush, I'm sure I was a sooner fan before you.........but it's sad that your disagreement politically makes you think you could kick me off the sooner schooner.:rolleyes:Do you operate under another name on this board, as well as the one you are using here?

soonersn20xx
8/9/2008, 09:38 PM
This is my only nic on this board Rush, w/e that has to do with anything.

8/9/2008, 09:43 PM
This is my only nic on this board Rush, w/e that has to do with anything.I'm trying to figure out if your posting is of a sincere/serious nature.

King Crimson
8/9/2008, 09:47 PM
I'm trying to figure out if your posting is of a sincere/serious nature.

LOL

soonersn20xx
8/9/2008, 09:49 PM
Actually I am serious, but it seems my above suggestion to the topic of this thread wasn't even considered. I am sorry, I do not support passing a bill to give drilling rights to oil companies without some assurance that this idea actually might accomplish the goal it is set out to do.

All too often, both repubs and dems have passed kneejerk legislation that has only compounded problems. Hence the ethanol idea, which was mostly a dem idea which has resulted in exploding food prices and little help from getting us off of foreign oil.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/9/2008, 10:06 PM
Where's the talk of researching lower cost methods of scrubbing sulphur from domestic crude, which we have out the poopchute?

Where's the talk of reducing domestic oil exports?

Where's the talk of chinese platforms 90 miles offshore, but our own platforms hamstrung by quacks more interested in where a dolphin craps and where whales screw than domestic energy security?

Where's the talk of increased drilling equaling increases in the blue collar aspect of America's energy sector, many members of which live, breathe, work, and spend right here in the Great State of Oklahoma?

Where's the talk of the actual minimal impact of land use contracts on the land that is drilled?

It ain't coming from EITHER side.

It's either A) drill for freedom! or B) it won't help, screw it!

It ain't that damn black and white, and the further these arguments go down the toilet of partisanship, the more they smell like a turd.

Frozen Sooner
8/9/2008, 10:23 PM
I've met Rush. And while I'm not going to agree with him 99% of the time, if you've been a Sooner fan longer than him then you and John McCain must have dinosaur-pooled to school together.

soonersn20xx
8/9/2008, 10:28 PM
I've met Rush. And while I'm not going to agree with him 99% of the time, if you've been a Sooner fan longer than him then you and John McCain must have dinosaur-pooled to school together.
Heh, maybe not then.

@Tulsafireman - All good questions, it's a shame that extremist on both sides won't allow us to have that discussion.

Mjcpr
8/9/2008, 10:28 PM

Rush is a Sooner fan? Pfft....he probably was just buttering you up to score some Vicodin.

8/9/2008, 10:41 PM
Rush is a Sooner fan? Pfft....he probably was just buttering you up to score some Vicodin.Would you call me a major druggy, Mike? BTW, let the nooB lib know where he stands, politically. He might think he's a bit more centrist than he actually is.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/9/2008, 10:43 PM
I like pickles on my hamburger.

Johnny Carson was a funny man.

Did you know in Paris, it's called a Le Royale with cheese?

Did you know an attepted threadjack involves neither thread or a jack?

Discuss.

OklahomaTuba
8/9/2008, 10:55 PM
Where's the talk of researching lower cost methods of scrubbing sulphur from domestic crude, which we have out the poopchute?

Where's the talk of reducing domestic oil exports?

Where's the talk of chinese platforms 90 miles offshore, but our own platforms hamstrung by quacks more interested in where a dolphin craps and where whales screw than domestic energy security?

Where's the talk of increased drilling equaling increases in the blue collar aspect of America's energy sector, many members of which live, breathe, work, and spend right here in the Great State of Oklahoma?

Where's the talk of the actual minimal impact of land use contracts on the land that is drilled?

It ain't coming from EITHER side.

It's either A) drill for freedom! or B) it won't help, screw it!

It ain't that damn black and white, and the further these arguments go down the toilet of partisanship, the more they smell like a turd.

Tire gauges baby.

Thats all we need. ;)

soonersn20xx
8/9/2008, 10:58 PM
.........and a oil derrick in everyone's front yard too, but you don't get any royalty check. ;)

8/9/2008, 10:59 PM
Tire gauges baby.

Thats all we need. ;)Alternatives would be rilly, rilly good, too. They could be part of the HOPE for CHANGE, for the FUTURE. Yeah, baby! GObama!

Frozen Sooner
8/9/2008, 11:08 PM
Would you call me a major druggy, Mike? BTW, let the nooB lib know where he stands, politically. He might think he's a bit more centrist than he actually is.

Well, you turned down that third hit of meth at the Kilt...:D

8/9/2008, 11:25 PM
Well, you turned down that third hit of meth at the Kilt...:DYou were so ripped, you thought I was Dolemite.(he was unconscious, by then)