PDA

View Full Version : Top 20 Coolest College Football logos.

SicEmBaylor
8/9/2008, 02:41 AM
http://www.rockytoptalk.com/2008/8/6/587793/the-20-coolest-college-foo

Flagstaffsooner
8/9/2008, 02:48 AM
Only you would post that bogus crap.;)

Flagstaffsooner
8/9/2008, 02:51 AM
The iSu asshats logo in the comments is worth it though.

DeadSolidPerfect
8/9/2008, 06:46 AM
Highest ranking ever for Baylor?

King Crimson
8/9/2008, 06:52 AM
a decided preference for contemporary/late 90's style "realistic" animals logos. bad list. neither Pitt nor ISU even use those logos anymore they are so "cool".

JLEW1818
8/9/2008, 09:34 AM
Does the H logo for Hawaii stand for Homo?

King Crimson
8/9/2008, 09:53 AM
Baylor's straight "BU" logo is much cooler than that stupid looking bear.

JLEW1818
8/9/2008, 09:54 AM
Baylor's straight "BU" logo is much cooler than that stupid looking bear.

ditto , Bears don't scare me ....

StoopTroup
8/9/2008, 12:03 PM
This stuff is priceless....lol

The Baylor Bear would have ranked much higher if he didn't look like he was just saying hi. And not in a "Hello, I am here to slice your skull open with my razor sharp claws so I can dip my extraordinarily large paw into your brains" kind of way, either. No, this is more, "Hellooo! Yoo-hoo! Over here! Did you know that only you can prevent forest fires?"

What? It's up to me? How did that happen? Buh-bye, Mr. Baylor Bear!

r5TPsooner
8/9/2008, 12:22 PM
I like the new Baylor look but he looks like he waving goodbye to the opponent in a thanks for calling the dogs off half way thru the 3rd quarter way.

S008NER
8/9/2008, 12:36 PM
Does the H logo for Hawaii stand for Homo?

Remember their last logo...

http://www.logoserver.com/college/HawaiiRainbowWarriors4.GIF

Jacie
8/9/2008, 12:51 PM
They put OUr logo in the 29 Most Boring list, likening it Kentucky and Houston.

bringit
8/9/2008, 02:19 PM

I would agree to that......

The interlocking OU is nice and traditional, but not top 30 IMO.

I wish we could redesign the sooner schooner into some snot-breathing stallions with a cool, updated schooner. Not for the helmet, of course, but as a mascot like most schools have.

King Crimson
8/9/2008, 02:25 PM
I would agree to that......

The interlocking OU is nice and traditional, but not top 30 IMO.

I wish we could redesign the sooner schooner into some snot-breathing stallions with a cool, updated schooner. Not for the helmet, of course, but as a mascot like most schools have.

replace the stallions with flying sharks and i'm in.

RedstickSooner
8/9/2008, 02:38 PM
So... The suckier the team, the better the logo?

Alabama is an odd aberration in that list. And, I don't mean my remarks as a slam on Baylor, SicEm. Just seems like that list is filled with an awful lot of mediocre-to-awful teams.

NYC Poke
8/9/2008, 02:39 PM
The "scary" list is pretty funny.

It’s a bird! It’s a clown! It’s a Clown-Bird, complete with oversized puffy shoes and an abnormally-sized see-through beak. Sue Grafton says K is for Kill, but Kansas' Jayhawk is not intimidating. Frightening, in a Teletubbie in your garage kind of way, yes, but intimidating? No.

http://www.viewfromrockytop.com/wp-images/logos/kansas_logo.png

Heh. And the "Worst" list is pretty good, too.

Holy Toledo! Can you say crayons? And we're not talking about the deluxe box of 64, either, or even the standard pack of eight. No, we're talking the two wax sticks your kids get when you drag them to Applebees, the ones that inevitably end up in the indiscernible grime on the floor under the table before they're done coloring their pretty picture of a rocket. Check, please.

http://www.viewfromrockytop.com/wp-images/logos/toledo_logo.png

salth2o
8/9/2008, 08:34 PM
http://www.rockytoptalk.com/2008/8/6/587793/the-20-coolest-college-foo

fixed

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/10/2008, 12:01 AM
http://www.viewfromrockytop.com/wp-images/logos/baylor_logo.png

It's like he's pointing..."Hey look over there Boo Boo! I think we might be able to sneak a pic-a-nic basket away from Ranger Smith!"

Jdog
8/10/2008, 02:11 PM
What is bama's story with the elephant?

Republicans?
old mascot?
Did they paint an elephant Crimson?

I don't get it?

badger
8/10/2008, 02:20 PM
What is bama's story with the elephant?

Republicans?
old mascot?
Did they paint an elephant Crimson?

I don't get it?

T'was the night before Bama championship 23, in Bear Bryant's house
T'was not a creature stirring, not even a toilet paper rolls attached to Tide box mouse

Thine times were so crimson, no player pay was in need
Those Crimson Tider defense t'wer intimidating, indeed.

So doth spoke one weary writer guy
"T'was no herd of Tiders, t'was elephants, I spy!"

'Tis the story today, that when elephants doth bide
that the might Bammer nation declare "Roll Tide, Roll Tide!"

Lo and behold, those days are gone
when Bammers t'wer elephants, intimidating? No, yawwwwwwwn.

Thus the great Satan... whom they believe is St. Nick
Shall call upon his cheating, to make the fix quick:

On Escalade, on Lexus, on new house for recruiting might
This is the SEC after all, either win or good night!

:O

The real story:

The Elephant

The elephant's association with Alabama dates back to the 1930 football season when the Crimson Tide was led by Coach Wallace Wade. There are two stories about how Alabama became associated with the elephant.

Officially, following the 1930 game versus Ole Miss, Atlanta Journal sports writer Everett Strupper wrote:

"At the end of the quarter, the earth started to tremble, there was a distant rumble that continued to grow. Some excited fan in the stands bellowed, 'Hold your horses, the elephants are coming,' and out stamped this Alabama varsity. It was the first time that I had seen it and the size of the entire eleven nearly knocked me cold, men that I had seen play last year looking like they had nearly doubled in size."

Sports writers continued to refer to Alabama as the "Red Elephants" afterwards, referring to their crimson jerseys. The 1930 team shut out eight of ten opponents, allowing a total of only 13 points all season. The "Red Elephants" rolled up 217 points that season, including a 24-0 victory over Washington in the Rose Bowl.

Another account attributes the Rosenberger's Birmingham Trunk Company for the elephant association. Alabama used the Birmingham Trunk Company's luggage to travel to the 1930 Rose Bowl. The luggage company's trademark was a red elephant standing on a trunk. When the football team arrived in Pasadena, the reporters greeting them associated their large size with the elephants on their luggage.

Despite these early associations of the elephant to the University of Alabama, the university did not officially accept the elephant as university mascot until 1979. [1]

bluedogok
8/10/2008, 03:14 PM
replace the stallions with flying sharks and i'm in.
With frickin' lasers on their heads.......

Must be a younger one, the "good" ones are the ones that have been recently done by graphic school grads so they all pretty much look alike. If you're really good, you don't need a new logo every few years. Much like there was no need for the leaning OU logo that was put out there when I was at OU. Good thing they got rid of that thing.

bringit
8/10/2008, 07:33 PM
I just find it odd that none of the team/fan gear has anything but the paper clip. It's as if the school is ashamed of the mascot... maybe they are. Here's that ole 1964 relic that you may still see floating around.

http://www.ubigfanu.com/image_cache/ItemLrgPicA3260.jpg

boomersoonr7xchamps
8/10/2008, 07:39 PM

Yeah, I consider our total domination pretty boring, too. How many conference titles has Baylor won?:D :D :D :D

SicEmBaylor
8/10/2008, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I consider our total domination pretty boring, too. How many conference titles has Baylor won?:D :D :D :D

29 from the Big XII and 27 from the SWC.

In football, only 5 and all from the SWC. =(

boomersoonr7xchamps
8/10/2008, 07:46 PM

29 from the Big XII and 27 from the SWC.

In football, only 5 and all from the SWC. =(

Man it is okay, maybe you guys will switch with the RazorPigs someday soon. I don't like your chances in the SEC either. Oh well, what about the SunBelt?

Jdog
8/10/2008, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the info badger