PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanchez out with knee injury....

trey
8/8/2008, 08:35 PM
KABC here in LA just reported that mark sanchez left usc's practice with a knee injury. pete carrol was quoted as saying that there was no contact, he jumped and came down lame. sounds like j-white to me.

see abc7.com

BASSooner
8/8/2008, 08:43 PM
ouch

tulsaoilerfan
8/8/2008, 08:45 PM
Hate to hear that; do they have anyone else that has taken a snap in a college game?

RADsooner
8/8/2008, 08:46 PM
Hate to hear that; do they have anyone else that has taken a snap in a college game?

yeah, mustain............

swardboy
8/8/2008, 08:50 PM
Maybe Mustain's weird odyssey will pan out for him.....and his mom.....

soonersn20xx
8/8/2008, 08:50 PM
This could be a storybook opportunity for the young kid or a train wreck.

tulsaoilerfan
8/8/2008, 08:52 PM

I forgot all about the Arkie transplant

goingoneight
8/8/2008, 09:25 PM
I'll bet people still vote them #1. :rolleyes:

Get well soon, Dirty. :)

Wishboned
8/8/2008, 10:09 PM
I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

swardboy
8/8/2008, 10:13 PM
Dislocated patella....should be rehabbing this Monday. Good for him, but availability for seasoner opener in doubt.

Isn't this what Demarco had?

sooner59
8/8/2008, 10:34 PM
Yep, and if its as bad as Murray's, he definitely won't be around for the opener.

soonersn20xx
8/8/2008, 10:53 PM
Yep, and if its as bad as Murray's, he definitely won't be around for the opener.

Yeah, he couldn't get back for our bowl............I say he's looking at 2 months out easy.

tulsaoilerfan
8/8/2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah, he couldn't get back for our bowl............I say he's looking at 2 months out easy.

Depending on his pain threshold, it may not be that long; remember QB's don't put near as much stress on their knees as RB's do(well Kordell Stewart maybe did but that's another story) :D

SoCal
8/8/2008, 11:11 PM
USC starting quarterback Mark Sanchez was carted off the field at Friday's practice in Los Angeles with a dislocated kneecap.

Mark Sanchez won the Trojans' starting position this spring over Arkansas transfer Mitch Mustain.

Sanchez's knee will be immobilized over the weekend and he will start rehab on Monday, USC sports information said in a release. He is listed as day-to-day.

"Mark dislocated his kneecap," USC coach Pete Carrol said. "They put it back in [on the field]. There are no other complications. It's a day-to-day deal. We'll wait and see. He's real encouraged and the doctors are, too.

Sanchez collapsed to the ground in obvious pain before the Trojans began stretching drills.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Sanchez was doing a footwork drill before throwing a pass, putting weight on his left knee and falling to the ground. He was later wheeled off the field on a stretcher before undergoing X-rays.

"I landed awkwardly when throwing," Sanchez said. "[The dislocation] is pretty clean. Nothing torn and no cartilage problems. It's the best case scenario.

Information from ESPN.com college football writer Joe Schad was used in this report.

BoulderSooner79
8/8/2008, 11:22 PM
Sanchez dislocated his kneecap. But I located it for him - it was behind the davenport. Always in the last place you look...

JLEW1818
8/8/2008, 11:45 PM
I feel sorry for him but

can i get a DIRTY Sanchez on three?

3. ...

Flagstaffsooner
8/8/2008, 11:58 PM
The football gods finally woke up.

Dirty Sanchez just for you jlew.

JLEW1818
8/9/2008, 12:00 AM
Yes!! Either way I don't think either QB is really going to matter much. They got a lot of talent around the QB. But who knows.

sooner94
8/9/2008, 12:20 AM
Sounds like it might not be too bad. Not that I'm an orthopedic doctor, but with a brace on it and the fact that he's not cutting and running as much as Demarco would be, he may be able to play in the opener.

But if he's not ready, that opening game on the road at Virginia just got a lot tougher. Virginia has had a lot of talent the decade or so. They may be able to hang with USC if the O struggles.

JLEW1818
8/9/2008, 01:30 AM
Ya that could turn out to be an interesting game. Lets hope they are looking forward to Ohio state, and end up losing. The beat Ohio State, that would be sweetness.

Flagstaffsooner
8/9/2008, 01:30 AM
Karma. I wish nothing bad on the players, but I wish a high flying jet would hit coach Pete and knock his over inflated ego head off. I hate that sonofabitch and there is not a far enough bowel in hell for him and Mack to dwell in.

Sorry, just ranting.:D

JLEW1818
8/9/2008, 01:36 AM
Ya I hear ya. I've seen it happen before.

RedstickSooner
8/9/2008, 01:46 AM
I hope he never walks again.

I hate USC.

I'm a bad person.

KantoSooner
8/9/2008, 08:49 AM
That's okay, RS, we still love you.

badger
8/9/2008, 09:36 AM
Hmm... was jumping in a non-contact practice and got severely injured? I wonder if it went a little something like this...
BEFORE:
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/gramatica1125.jpg
AFTER:
http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/gramatica1.jpg
FURTHER AFTER:
http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pg2/2001/1217/photo/a_billgram_hi.jpg
MORE AFTER (RaGE!1):
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dUGb8Q06J1gb/340x.jpg
This was just after ESPN Mag did a feature on him and his family and his little Mexico flag mouthpiece for his "pride" for his "race." Tee hee, Lifetime American, third generation American, native born American pride in Mexico, tee hee.

In any event, USC fans were just gearing up to boo him because he's not Leinart or Palmer or even Booty. A little spoilage in talent will lead to that.

JLEW1818
8/9/2008, 09:46 AM
No way they go undefeated, NO bush , NO Leinart, no Palmer, no booty. This is by far not there best team. I like our chances this year, I really do.

Dio
8/9/2008, 03:35 PM
Hope the kid gets better

...as soon as the season's over

badger
8/9/2008, 04:12 PM
Don't get your hopes up too much, dudes. (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-usc10-2008aug10,0,7269674.story)

OU Adonis
8/9/2008, 04:22 PM
Dirty Sanchez just for you jlew.

Did you just give a dirty sanchez to jlew? :eek:

Flagstaffsooner
8/9/2008, 04:32 PM
Did you just give a dirty sanchez to jlew? :eek:Yes and he enjoyed it.;)

r5TPsooner
8/9/2008, 04:34 PM
Sorry, I'm a bad person because this thread made me crack a smile just for a millisecond.

Flagstaffsooner
8/9/2008, 04:49 PM
Sorry, I'm a bad person because this thread made me crack a smile just for a millisecond.I'm a good person and I hate suc. May they all rot in hell. Especialy that alumus that is a murderer.

swardboy
8/9/2008, 04:54 PM
I'd love to see suc take that receiver, Garrett Green, they've got working with the qb's while Sanchez is out, put him in at starting quarterback for the year and see how well THEY do......Paul Thompson's story is more amazing every time I think about it.

olevetonahill
8/9/2008, 05:23 PM
Yes and he enjoyed it.;)

Did he enjoy it More than You enjoyed Giving ? :eek:

RADsooner
8/9/2008, 06:09 PM
the phrase "better to give than receive" does not ALWAYS apply......

Dan Thompson
8/9/2008, 06:56 PM
I thought I heard/read that he would be out for the first two games, UV or UWV is the first game and then tOSU is the second.

I quess I'm a bad person also.:)

starclassic tama
8/9/2008, 07:00 PM
hey dork obsessed with dominique franks, what do you think about his demotion to second team? how much do you think that autograph you swindled from him via facebook is worth now?

olevetonahill
8/9/2008, 08:45 PM
hey dork obsessed with dominique franks, what do you think about his demotion to second team? how much do you think that autograph you swindled from him via facebook is worth now?

Who you talking about ?

JLEW1818
8/10/2008, 01:36 PM

I think he will be back on first team by season end. Even if he does not start I don't really care. Who ever Stoops thinks is the best. Now I'm going to pay vet to neg you.

badger
8/10/2008, 01:44 PM
Who you talking about ?

WHO? Please, ole, we all know that you are not just an ole vet, but also an ole dork... and ole dork obsessed with dominique franks!

...on a hill. A HILL, mind you. Rather... on a facebook, which is where you swindled his autograph from by posing as an ole vet... because as we know, no Sooner that plays in Oklahoma MEMORIAL Stadium would deny an ole vet an autograph.

So, take THAT, ole swindling dorky vet with your franks obsession on your computer visiting facebook on a hill. Maybe if you would stop PRETENDING ("Who are you talking about ?") and just ADMIT it, we wouldn't have to live in fear of your imminent spek jihad. Huh? HUH??? Yeah, that's right. We all know it's YOU.

Now, please change your username from "olevetonahill" to "oleswindledorkyfranksobsessedvetoncomputerfacebook ingyourmomonahill" and we can begin the healing process.

:P

starclassic tama
8/10/2008, 11:16 PM
nobody says less with more words than badger. some of the very worse posting soonerfans has ever seen

Blue
8/10/2008, 11:20 PM
nobody says less with more words than badger. some of the very worse posting soonerfans has ever seen

Heh.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/11/2008, 11:15 AM
Maybe Mustain's weird odyssey will pan out for him.....and his mom.....

http://www.crystalinks.com/cyclops.jpg

Jason White's Third Knee
8/11/2008, 11:19 AM
I'm a good person and I hate suc. May they all rot in hell. Especialy that alumus that is a murderer.

If there is a hell, you won't have to worry whether or not he'll be there. He'll be getting *** raped by a demon of some sort... of course, I doubt that there is a hell.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/11/2008, 11:19 AM

Bah. I think she's funny.

Flagstaffsooner
8/11/2008, 11:54 AM
Now I'm going to pay vet to neg you.
Vet whores out his negging for free.

badger
8/11/2008, 12:45 PM

I was teasing olevet... and I was speaking to olevet. Seeing as you are not olevet, you would not understand. ::D

starclassic tama
8/11/2008, 04:17 PM
so what about the other 7,415

badger
8/11/2008, 04:21 PM

Carpe Peem: Seize the P.M. (private message)

JLEW1818
8/11/2008, 04:28 PM
ALREADY STARTED DRINKING, WE GOT RODGERS STARTING TONIGHT!!! AND PHELPS TONIGHT!!!!!!! THANK GOD FOR THE OLYMPICS THEY KILL SOMETIME TILL KICKOFF.

VET SIPPING TONIGHT

badger
8/11/2008, 04:38 PM
ALREADY STARTED DRINKING, WE GOT RODGERS STARTING TONIGHT!!

Thanks for reminding me... that I need to start drinking. Ugggggghhhhh :(

In any event, before anyone asks, there are no Sooners on either the Packers or Cinci roster, so no need for you all to remind me how the game is going :mad:

;)

JLEW1818
8/11/2008, 05:40 PM
haha I'm sorry badger. you know we are friends. I'm just bored it helps the season get here sooner. ..... sooner...

Jason White's Third Knee
8/12/2008, 09:25 AM
http://kelly-l.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/tuna_mercury_charlie_starkist_1.jpg

That's all I'm saying.

badger
8/12/2008, 01:09 PM
That's all I'm saying.

Jason White does his talking ON the field, not off. ;)