PDA

View Full Version : Double Sonic Cheeseburger

DeadSolidPerfect
8/8/2008, 05:37 PM
I just ate a Double Sonic Cheeseburger with Bacon.

Mmmmmmm, good. Almost the greatest.

I'm drunk.

mdklatt
8/8/2008, 05:45 PM
Your 10th one comes with a 50%-off coupon on your next colonoscopy.

Okla-homey
8/8/2008, 05:47 PM

I'm drunk.

You know, I had a fine lunch this week. I went to this place downtown. The "special" was meat loaf. It was sliced about an inch thick and was juicy. I love that stuff, but the meat loaf burps last about six hours afterwards.

That is all.

Sooner24
8/8/2008, 05:53 PM
You know, I had a fine lunch this week. I went to this place downtown. The "special" was meat loaf. It was sliced about an inch thick and was juicy. I love that stuff, but the meat loaf burps last about six hours afterwards.

That is all.

And that's not even including the meat loaf farts.

OU-HSV
8/8/2008, 06:04 PM
I've gotten to where I don't care for sonic anymore. Always makes my stomach feel sick, I think they changed their fryer oil or something, cause I know a few other people who've noticed this.
Anyways, glad someone can enjoy "America's Drive In"

As a sidenote, I tried the new Whataburger patty melt last week...it was fanfreakintastic. Loved it.

StoopTroup
8/8/2008, 06:54 PM
I ate 2 Double Cheeseburgers, a plate of fries and 3 cold mugged root beers at Brownies here in Tulsa today.

I just now came out of my afternoon coma.

I'll probably be up late tonight. :D

KC//CRIMSON
8/8/2008, 07:02 PM
Sonic is rock bottom dog $hit.

Flagstaffsooner
8/8/2008, 08:24 PM
Jalapenos!

StoopTroup
8/8/2008, 08:39 PM
The Wife has been making fresh Pico all summer.

She took it to work last week and a couple of days later one of the folks she barely knows walks up and wants to know when she's bringing in more Pico.

Yep...jalepenos and a hint of habenero. :D

It is teh yum.

Mjcpr
8/8/2008, 08:42 PM

That is all.

Soooo...Caz's? :D

tulsaoilerfan
8/8/2008, 09:01 PM
How come the Sonic Burgers never look as good in person as they do on TV? Haven't had one in a long time and probably never will again

Mjcpr
8/8/2008, 09:03 PM
How come the Sonic Burgers never look as good in person as they do on TV? Haven't had one in a long time and probably never will again

I read somewhere that the Sonic burger was the one thing that was embelished on TV and whatever this group was would not rest until they had brought it back in line with reality.

soonerinabilene
8/8/2008, 09:49 PM
The new angus bacon cheeseburger is not worth the price tag.

StoopTroup
8/8/2008, 09:54 PM
The BK Steakhouse has no steak BTW. :D

OUHOMER
8/9/2008, 09:17 AM
I like me some Sonic double cheese burgers. Always have and always will.

Soonrboy
8/9/2008, 09:55 AM
the sonic jr. burger are awesome..especially if you get 2 or 3 of them.

yermom
8/9/2008, 10:14 AM
ahem, that is "SuperSONIC® Cheeseburger"

:D

Hot Rod
8/9/2008, 10:48 AM

I'm drunk.

"Sonic's got 'em...others don't"

King Crimson
8/9/2008, 11:00 AM
while i mince around in my birks, Ralph Nader T, and pay 3$ for my wheat grass shots here in Boulder, there's no doubt to quote by old buddy Bob Hurst (circa 1995): "the problem with about Boulder is there aren't enough muscle cars".

this also true about "keeping it real" regional, off-brand fast food like Sonic--though i'll always go to Classic 50's over Sonic in Norman.

StoopTroup
8/9/2008, 11:10 AM
Sooner Dairy.

King Crimson
8/9/2008, 11:19 AM
Sooner Dairy.

i'm a big Sooner Dairy guy. Ask Sooneron, he'll tell you. the same guy is working there since he and i went to Norman West about 10 years ago. Sooner Dairy was the spot for West.

i like SDL.

OU-HSV
8/9/2008, 12:27 PM
i'm a big Sooner Dairy guy. Ask Sooneron, he'll tell you. the same guy is working there since he and i went to Norman West about 10 years ago. Sooner Dairy was the spot for West.

i like SDL.

Where's this Sooner Dairy you speak of located?

King Crimson
8/9/2008, 12:30 PM
Where's this Sooner Dairy you speak of located?

in Norman, on Main St.

edit: Sooner Dairy Lunch

Jacie
8/9/2008, 01:23 PM
When in Dallas, go to Cactus Jack's on Lemmon Ave. OMG, I used to live within walking distance of this place and it is burger heaven. The double cheeseburgers are bigger, better and juicier than anything served by Sonic, A&W, Whataburger, et al. The bottled beer is iced down and kept out on the counter where you can reach over and pull one out. Chocolate shakes are pretty decent too if you aren't going with a cold one. I am salivating now and there is nothing within a hundred miles of here that can satisfy this craving.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/9/2008, 03:46 PM
Sonic doesn't make a double sonic burger...they do have a supersonic cheeseburger though...any decent sonic person knows this:D

mdklatt
8/9/2008, 04:01 PM

Is that place still in business? I don't think I've every seen anybody there.

What is Norman West? :confused:

King Crimson
8/9/2008, 04:08 PM
Is that place still in business? I don't think I've every seen anybody there.

i think it's still there. i live out of state. i went there a year ago for a double cheeseburger, fries and cherry coke to break the nonsense of christmas shopping .

What is Norman West? :confused:

norman junior high that USED to have off campus lunch. SDL was a short walk. it's called something different now (something stupid). they've restructured the schools in Norman.

mdklatt
8/9/2008, 04:11 PM
norman junior high that USED to have off campus lunch

OMG, don't get me started. :mad:

Okay, I've met sooneron at a tailgate, and no way was he in junior high 10 years ago. :confused:

King Crimson
8/9/2008, 04:18 PM
OMG, don't get me started. :mad:

Okay, I've met sooneron at a tailgate, and no way was he in junior high 10 years ago. :confused:

i thought he was lurking and tried to pull that off. he's EVEN older than me.

but, Sooner Dairy Lunch was a big Norman West lunch haunt.

Soonrboy
8/9/2008, 04:21 PM
didn't it used to be called west mid high? that school close to boyd and mcgee?

r5TPsooner
8/9/2008, 04:29 PM
Sonic doesn't make a double sonic burger...they do have a supersonic cheeseburger though...any decent sonic person knows this:D

yes, but you can add a patty for a nominal fee.

r5TPsooner
8/9/2008, 04:30 PM
BTW, I prefer the Charcoal Oven. Good burgers if they could just get the order correct. Good onion rings too.

King Crimson
8/9/2008, 04:52 PM
Good onion rings too.

easier said than done, near as i can tell.

mdklatt
8/9/2008, 04:53 PM

I think that's an elementary school now.

King Crimson
8/9/2008, 04:57 PM

west was a "mid high" inna day. i kinda misspoke. west of mcgee.

mdklatt
8/9/2008, 05:00 PM
west was a "mid high" inna day. i kinda misspoke. west of mcgee.

Boyd and 24th? I think that's Acott Middle School now.

Or maybe it's Longfellow. *snickering like a 13-year-old*

King Crimson
8/9/2008, 05:11 PM
Boyd and 24th? I think that's Acott Middle School now.

Or maybe it's Longfellow. *snickering like a 13-year-old*

West is Alcott.

Longfellow is Norman North, the fake high school.

mdklatt
8/9/2008, 05:15 PM
West is Alcott.

I know, I just wanted to say "Longfellow".

*snicker*

Sooner24
8/9/2008, 06:16 PM
BTW, I prefer the Charcoal Oven. Good burgers if they could just get the order correct. Good onion rings too.

http://www.newsok.com/article/3280765

tulsaoilerfan
8/9/2008, 07:45 PM
I read somewhere that the Sonic burger was the one thing that was embelished on TV and whatever this group was would not rest until they had brought it back in line with reality.

The buns always look like some fat guy sat on them before the carhop brings them out