PDA

View Full Version : NFL Pre Season..former Sooner thread

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2008, 04:09 PM
Cle-3 catches for 58 yards for Travis Wilson last night...looked good getting open...looks strong

Bat-2 carries for AP for 9 yards

Corey Ivey with 3 tackles

Chi-Mark Bradley 1 catch for 7 yards

badger
8/8/2008, 05:08 PM
Let's keep this going, shall we?

Was sorely disappointed to not see Dvoracek in action yesterday night. Apparently the Bears also finally cut JD Runnels late last month. Bummer. JD's now a free agent. However, Bradley (as noted above) and Tommie (double teamed for the first series or so before sitting the rest of the game) are still with them.

What I was really hoping for was to see recent Sooner alums in their first NFL action. Any reports of upcoming games with them?

colleyvillesooner
8/8/2008, 05:20 PM
Reggie Smith plays for the 49ers tonight
Lofton plays for Atlanta tommorrow night

Don't know if they will play...

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2008, 09:47 PM
Wolfe with the Falcons as well

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2008, 09:48 PM
Baker with the falcons dotson with the redskins finley with the 49ers, hartley and the broncos, walker and rufus with the vikings

JLEW1818
8/8/2008, 11:48 PM
Any chance that the entire class makes the teams at the end of preseason >?

sooner59
8/9/2008, 12:08 AM
Wolfe is still with the Falcons? I thought he got cut. Im confused.

JLEW1818
8/9/2008, 12:11 AM
Ain't on the roster.

CCSFO
8/9/2008, 01:09 AM
Walker had 3 tackels for the Vikngs tonight, and Baker is on the 49'rs roster as a safety

JLEW1818
8/9/2008, 01:24 AM
Good deal.. AD had a fakeout tonight. Man the dude is either running the crap outta the ball, or used as a decoy. Must be nice to be him.

OU-HSV
8/9/2008, 07:44 AM
Good deal.. AD had a fakeout tonight. Man the dude is either running the crap outta the ball, or used as a decoy. Must be nice to be him.

I was watching that game on NFLNet last night and I fell asleep. Last I remember AD didn't have any carries cause the Vikes kept throwing the ball. Like you said, they used him as a decoy. So did he ever end up getting any carries last night??

jkjsooner
8/9/2008, 09:47 AM
I was watching that game on NFLNet last night and I fell asleep. Last I remember AD didn't have any carries cause the Vikes kept throwing the ball. Like you said, they used him as a decoy. So did he ever end up getting any carries last night??

No carries. I think it was a brilliant move by the coaches. 1) TJ needs all the practice he can get. 2) They're sending notice to the NFL. They're saying they can and will throw the ball with Peterson in the backfield.

If they continue their progress in the passing game, this could be a very good year for Peterson.

JLEW1818
8/9/2008, 09:51 AM

Nope, zero carriers.

JLEW1818
8/9/2008, 09:52 AM
Booty is 8 for 19 on the year. 82 yards, 1 pick.

OU-HSV
8/9/2008, 12:19 PM
No carries. I think it was a brilliant move by the coaches. 1) TJ needs all the practice he can get. 2) They're sending notice to the NFL. They're saying they can and will throw the ball with Peterson in the backfield.

If they continue their progress in the passing game, this could be a very good year for Peterson.

Oh I agree. TJ sucks. He looked decent as far as I could tell last night compared to his norm, but he still threw some passes that make you wonder "WTF was that".
AD will for sure open up the pass game a bit for them...I really like the fakes they were doing. And I think I saw them motion AD into a split end/slot type position last night once or twice too.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/9/2008, 12:51 PM
OK I forgot one

Brodney Pool had a tackle for Cleveland

Min- Rufus Alexander with 3 tackles
Walker with 2 solos and 1 assist

SF- Reggie Smith with a tackle

stoops the eternal pimp
8/10/2008, 03:48 PM
TB- Jimmy Wilkerson with 2 tackles and a sack

Atlanta-Curtis Lofton with 6 tackles and a forced fumble

Den-Larry Birdine with a tackle

Ten-Brandon Jones with 1 catch for 10 yards

St Lou-CJ Ah You with 3 tackes
Eric Bassey with 3 solos and 2 assists

Dal-Remi Ayodele with 2 tackles and an assist
Roy Williams with a tackle
Tashard Choice with 7 rushes for 40 yards and 1 TD

colleyvillesooner
8/10/2008, 04:20 PM
Choice looked good.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/10/2008, 04:32 PM
Yeah I enjoy watching him run...Chris Brown reminds me a lot of Choice

OU-HSV
8/10/2008, 04:39 PM
Sounds like Lofton is falling into place

stoops the eternal pimp
8/11/2008, 08:57 AM
Lofton looked really good..Lofton forced and recovered a fumble in the third quarter which led to an Elam 36-yard field goal on the ensuing possession.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/11/2008, 09:00 AM
Brandon Moore released as he was entering into his 7th season...Led the team in tackles and sacks in 06 while only starting 11 games but he was in the doghouse for a somewhat lazy approach to the 07 season in which he was demoted back to the bench

NormanPride
8/11/2008, 11:22 AM
Hey, if your heart's not in it anymore...

stoops the eternal pimp
8/11/2008, 11:28 AM
Coach said they released him now to give him a chance to go to another team and have a chance at making a roster...IMO it had more to do with signing Takeo Spikes than looking out for Brandon Moore

stoops the eternal pimp
8/12/2008, 11:48 AM
I ll list some player updates here:

Also mentioned in the other thread, It looks like AP will have to make the roster as a ST guy or will probably find himself on the practice squad.

Garrett Hartley was released by the Broncos a while back..sorry I missed that

Larry Birdine is listed as the 4th team right defensive end(Denver)...not making much of a buzz in camp

note on Reggie Smith:

"Camp is going well for Reggie. Obviously he’s talented, but he has to work on his technique. With most young corners, the technique part is what they have to usually focus on when they come into the NFL. But, he done well so far. In the game the other night, he made some nice tackles, and nice plays on the ball. If he continues to work on technique and details he should have a nice year for us." - secondary coach Vance Joseph

sooner59
8/13/2008, 09:47 PM
Moore got signed by the Cards after being released by the 49ers.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10930802

primetime43
8/14/2008, 02:19 PM
Has anyone heard how Mark Clayton is doing? It seemed like last year Derrick Mason was the go to guy. I wish he played with a team that had a quarterback.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/15/2008, 09:50 AM
Clayton is Ok. Not only did they have sucky QB play last season, but MC was going through some personal situations that weighed heavily on his mind throughout the year. He is looking for a fresh start this season

stoops the eternal pimp
8/18/2008, 09:49 AM
This weekend

ATL- Curtis Lofton with 2 solos, 1 assist, and a sack

Min- 8 rushes for 30 yards, 1 catch for 22 yards for AD
Rufus Alexander had 2 tackles
Marcus Walker had 2 solos and 1 assist and looked pretty comfortable out there...

Balt- Corey Ivy with 2 tackles and an assist...

Jackson- Clint Ingram had a tackle in a short appearance

STL- CJ Ah You with a couple of tackles..has looked pretty good so far IMO

SF- Reggie Smith with a couple of tackles

TB- J Wilkerson with a couple of tackles...

Dal- Remi Ayodele with 1 solo and 2 assists....

Arizona- Brandon Moore helped out on a tackle...

stoops the eternal pimp
8/22/2008, 11:02 AM
last night

Dusty had 2 tackles and a sack..good to watch him play well

T Harris had a couple of tackles...Mark Bradley had a nice 55 yard reception last night...

SoonerPr8r
8/22/2008, 11:35 AM
Lofton gets to start tonight in the Falcons vs Titans game. And there is a possibility that ENA could play he is still listed as 4th string QB.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/22/2008, 11:43 AM
I just ENA a couple of days ago down here in Mcalester....I don't think he is gonna be playin

badger
8/23/2008, 09:51 AM
I just ENA a couple of days ago down here in Mcalester....I don't think he is gonna be playin

Quite honestly, with his new sideline reporting duties, he's probably hoping to jump into broadcast at this point. I said it once and I'll say it again - he is one of the Sooner football players that I saw taking his coursework seriously. He definitely should make a solid television personality.

Anyways, there was a game last night, Dallas vs. Houston, and Roy Williams was in it. Cue token media guy saying Roy can't pass cover (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/08/theres-reason-to-believe-roy-williams-wi.html) :rolleyes: Yes, because Strong Safeties are responsible for covering receivers... well, they are when your corners get beat repeatedly :D

Roy had four tackles, so pretty good for limited preseason time. I laughed when I saw a certain Studdard intro'd for being a starting O-line guy for the Texans :D The SF.com thread that keeps on giving

Mjcpr
8/23/2008, 11:07 AM
Roy also got siff-armed by Slaton. WVU keeps pwning us. :mad:

badger
8/23/2008, 07:48 PM
I hope you all just saw All Day score the opening touchdown versus the Steelers, because he's likely not going to play the rest of the night.

of course, there is always the chance you'll see Ruuuuu later :)

it's on CBS. in 2nd quarter now

goingoneight
8/23/2008, 08:16 PM
Alright... I'm bored with these preseason games now. :(

stoops the eternal pimp
8/23/2008, 08:18 PM
HE may play some more since its the last PSG

Curly Bill
8/23/2008, 08:21 PM
Alright... I'm bored with these preseason games now. :(

Now? Is there much worse in the world then preseason football? I mean, talk about a tease.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/23/2008, 08:24 PM
Peterson is running strong

swardboy
8/23/2008, 08:49 PM
...and Peterson is still running in the 3rd quarter.....