PDA

View Full Version : This is the kind of thing cops should go to jail for...

Okla-homey
8/8/2008, 07:11 AM
in the "general population" too, to insure maximum sodomization.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bal-mayor0807,0,4563211.story

SoonerJack
8/8/2008, 08:05 AM
This is very sad. The team of lawyers I would hire to start suing folks would be very long.

SoonerInKCMO
8/8/2008, 08:08 AM
99.9%

OUDoc
8/8/2008, 08:11 AM
What a bunch of morons.
With guns.

swardboy
8/8/2008, 08:20 AM
Heads will roll....

captain_surly
8/8/2008, 08:22 AM
Anybody, law enforcement or criminal, who breaks into my house and shoots my dogs had damn well better shoot me too. If they don't they are guaranteed to die a violent and painful death. Sooner. Or later.

Hamhock
8/8/2008, 09:13 AM
Anybody, law enforcement or criminal, who breaks into my house and shoots my dogs had damn well better shoot me too. If they don't they are guaranteed to die a violent and painful death. Sooner. Or later.

man, those cops sure are lucky they didn't do that to your house.

soonervegas
8/8/2008, 09:14 AM
It's scary to think some of the people that are probably hired into law enforcement. I know a person that has been "suspended" twice for assaulting suspects (the latest one breaking a guy's neck-he was unarmed)....and guess what? He won't be fired because police unions protect bad cops. The day he shoots or rams his car into some innocent bystander you will hear the chief saying "it's an unfortunate accident."

Curly Bill
8/8/2008, 09:17 AM
Seriously, with cops employing these tactics seemingly more and more where they are busting into peeps homes unannounced, I'm surprised they aren't getting shot up, or at least shot at?

...and it seems that dogs are being looked at as targets that have to be neutralized no questions asked.

StoopTroup
8/8/2008, 09:53 AM
So....

You guys don't know about Gang Enforcement Squads and how they treat people when they enter thier houses?

I suggest you go to your DVD Collection and get your copy of "Training Day" out and watch it tonight.

The Cops have a hard job anymore. I'm not gonna sit here on this board and blast them.

What happened in the story is awful to say the least.

As long as there are Gang Enforcement Squads being sent into people's homes...your gonna see incidents like this happen.

I'm not sayin it's right...but this story shows exactly what can happen....

Curly Bill
8/8/2008, 09:56 AM
I know that cops are doing a lot of this stuff these days. It seems they've gotten away from their mission to protect and to serve, even though it might put their lives in danger, to where their mission is overwhelm and subdue.

...and kill some dogs.

I think there is little excuse for it.

NormanPride
8/8/2008, 09:57 AM
Pathetic. Hopefully the Mayor can get to these guys. Power corrupts, no exceptions.

Curly Bill
8/8/2008, 09:58 AM
When these police forces have so much money invested in military type equipment, so much time and effort involved in training in paramilitary tactics they like to use them. It's like a kid with a new toy.

StoopTroup
8/8/2008, 10:03 AM
Pathetic. Hopefully the Mayor can get to these guys. Power corrupts, no exceptions.

It's not about Corruption.

It's mostly power.

These are the tactics they are using.

Say your on the squad....

You go into what you've been briefed is a "Drug Home".

Your dressed in Battle Armour and told it might a hostile enviroment upon entering.

You go in and a big German Shepard comes running at you...

Seriously...

Your a 40 hour a week guy who likes to try to go home every night without a mark on you and last week you entered two Homes and got attacked by two dogs....

Your gonna shoot the German Shepard.

I'm just sayin...

Curly Bill
8/8/2008, 10:06 AM
What happend to the idea that the cops were to protect the people they served? It seems they are more interested in self preservation, which admittedly is normal, but too often these days it ends up in innocent people getting killed by over agressive cops and people's harmless pets getting blasted in front of them.

StoopTroup
8/8/2008, 10:07 AM
When these police forces have so much money invested in military type equipment, so much time and effort involved in training in paramilitary tactics they like to use them. It's like a kid with a new toy.

Exactly....

They start waiting and taking peole down outside the houses then they run into a House being full of backup Gang Bangers and risk a shootout in the neighborhood.

I'm not gonna tell em how to do their business but this story about the Mayor sure stinks of someone who didn't do their homework.

If your gonna raid a Drug Home...make sure you do a little backround check on the folks your going after....

Stupid a$$es....

StoopTroup
8/8/2008, 10:08 AM
What happend to the idea that the cops were to protect the people they served? It seems they are more interested in self preservation, which admittedly is normal, but too often these days it ends up in innocent people getting killed by over agressive cops and people's harmless pets getting blasted in front of them.

All because they think they are given either Probable Cause or some Judge issues a warrant without seeing they have done their homework.

Plus...it's just pot....

It's not like someone delivered plutonium to the house.

Curly Bill
8/8/2008, 10:11 AM
All because they think they are given either Probable Cause or some Judge issues a warrant without seeing they have done their homework.

Plus...it's just pot....

...and rather then using common sense and sound police work, they revert to their paramilitary toys.

Every two-bit police force in the country now has SWAT teams and stuff, it's crazy.

Curly Bill
8/8/2008, 10:13 AM
Plus...it's just pot....

Good point, I'm anti-pot, but this was a crazy overreaction.

StoopTroup
8/8/2008, 10:14 AM
...and rather then using common sense and sound police work, they revert to their paramilitary toys.

Every two-bit police force in the country now has SWAT teams and stuff, it's crazy.

Yep.

I'm guessing you've maybe met a few of these guys?

I have and frankly...I like most of them...but there are always gonna be wannabes coming into the squads. Later they becoming Squad Leaders and then you have a situation like the one in Baltimore.

Curly Bill
8/8/2008, 10:17 AM
Yep.

I'm guessing you've maybe met a few of these guys?

I have and frankly...I like most of them...but there are always gonna be wannabes coming into the squads. Later they becoming Squad Leaders and then you have a situation like the one in Baltimore.

I can't say that I have really met any of them, but reading papers, watching TV, it's not a secret.

Reality shows like Dallas Swat, Detroit Swat, etc...It's kinda entertaining when it's the bad guys doors they're kicking in, but there are too many mistakes, and it seems an overreliance on these type tactics.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2008, 10:19 AM
sounds pretty aggressive over a package of weed.

sounds like they need to get their address system fixed if they are doing this to the wrong houses.

sounds like they hate dogs if you finish the article, shooting the people's dog in the yard after they ask to go retrieve it

Curly Bill
8/8/2008, 10:21 AM
sounds pretty aggressive over a package of weed

Yup, but all that training and fancy equipment has to be justified somehow.

StoopTroup
8/8/2008, 10:28 AM
sounds like they hate dogs if you finish the article, shooting the people's dog in the yard after they ask to go retrieve it

Probably the biggest mistake is not listening to the guy when he told him he was the Mayor.

If a guy was Mayor...I'd expect he might have a guard dog and that the dog might be able to be controlled instead of one that had been trained to attack Cops.

Those guys in that Squad are hopefully shut down permanent.

SoonerInKCMO
8/8/2008, 10:45 AM
[Resident flying dickwheel]Hey - if you ain't doin' nuthin' wrong, you ain't got nothin' to worry about! Stooopid commie![/dickwheel] :rolleyes:

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2008, 11:35 AM
http://www.earthanimal.com/blog/uploads/Living-In-Harmony.jpg

Curly Bill
8/8/2008, 11:39 AM
http://www.earthanimal.com/blog/uploads/Living-In-Harmony.jpg

LOL,

Where does it say Cops should not shoot them just because they can?

StoopTroup
8/8/2008, 11:39 AM
heh.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2008, 11:44 AM
Bea Arthur can give them the 411...Harmony and Bea Arthur go together like pb and j

soonervegas
8/8/2008, 12:46 PM
The war on drugs is the bomb. I would like my tax money to immediately go somewhere else besides tracking down pot smokers/sellers and killing family pets.

Let me prefernce previous comments by I believe 99% cops are good dudes and do what is right all the time.

r5TPsooner
8/8/2008, 12:57 PM
I apologize in advance but seeing the lady fake cry over her dead dogs last nite on CNN made me chuckle.

Okla-homey
8/8/2008, 12:58 PM
The war on drugs is the bomb. I would like my tax money to immediately go somewhere else besides tracking down pot smokers/sellers and killing family pets.

Let me prefernce previous comments by I believe 99% cops are good dudes and do what is right all the time.

I quite agree. I have been on record here for some time on my view that weed should be legal and taxed (like likker and cigs), and prosecution of weed users is a waste of time and finite law enforcement resources.

As to your second paragraph, I think its prolly more like 95%.

jkjsooner
8/8/2008, 03:51 PM
I get sick of the idea that cops can do anything they deem necessary to protect themselves. I'm sorry but being a police officer is a dangerous job. You accept that when you take the job.

Reasonable precautions for personal safety are necessary and allowed but when you're so scared of everything that moves you're too big of a coward to be a police officer.

If you're so scared of a lab (I've never seen an agressive lab) that you can't take a couple of seconds to assess the real threat level then you're too big of a coward to be an officer.

I mean, even vets recognize that there is danger associated with their dogs. All vets and vet techs I've known have scratches up and down their arms. Sooner or later they all get bit. But they're sure not cowards like the PG police.....

AlbqSooner
8/8/2008, 08:00 PM

Plus...it's just pot....

According to the article I read the someone was the cops. They intercepted the weed earlier and had an undercover guy dress up as a FedEx delivery and put the stuff on the porch.

I agree that most cops are very good and honorable people. However, stories like this are why I made money trying cases under 42 USC Section 1983.

Big Red Ron
8/8/2008, 09:14 PM
I've said before, cops have the most power and least education in the criminal justice system. It's effed up and wrong. I'm a law abiding citizen and dislike police. I can't even imagine how people with a few thugs in their family feel about them.