PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga Moc is in the house!

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 02:29 PM
Hey!

Just wanted to stop by and say hey. We just hope yall show us some mercy, nobody on either team gets hurt, and your check doesn't bounce!

:P

Stop by our board to talk about the Mocs and Sooners game if you desire, immediate free registration.

www.mocfans.com

Thanks and GO MOCS!

Paperclip
8/7/2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks for filling out the schedule when your statemates bailed on us.

Frozen Sooner
8/7/2008, 02:36 PM
Hopefully the Mocs have been lifting weights and stuff. ;)

Welcome to the board. You're likely to get made fun of, but we do that to everyone, so don't feel too badly.

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 02:36 PM
No, thank you for the $500,000! Our total athletic budget is just under $10 million. Yall spend almost that much just on football coaches salaries. Saw the spread is 47 and 1/2 points in an early line. I look for the outcome to be in the 30s though.

Will Stoops run up the score or does he show mercy when the game is in the bag?

Curly Bill
8/7/2008, 02:38 PM
I heard somewhere that Stoops said if we didn't score a 100 he would turn in his resignation.

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 02:41 PM
I heard somewhere that Stoops said if we didn't score a 100 he would turn in his resignation.

I don't doubt yall will win, but we played Arkansas last year and only lost by 34-15.

100 points? You have a link to that? Would make great bulletin board material for our guys! :)

Curly Bill
8/7/2008, 02:42 PM
I don't doubt yall will win, but we played Arkansas last year and only lost by 34-15.

100 points? You have a link to that? Would make great bulletin board material for our guys! :)

No link, I heard it from a friend who's cousin's friend's boyfriend is on the team.

KingDavid
8/7/2008, 02:42 PM
Hopefully the Mocs have been lifting weights and stuff. ;)

Welcome to the board. You're likely to get made fun of, but we do that to everyone, so don't feel too badly.

Actually, we're pretty tame, except when it comes to pathetic, weak-a$$, lame teams from Div. II that prostitute themselves and their dignity for chump-change.;)

Indeed, Welcome!!

(Scroll down)

Really just did that for show. Great first post. I agree with everything you said!

Frozen Sooner
8/7/2008, 02:44 PM
No, thank you for the $500,000! Our total athletic budget is just under $10 million. Yall spend almost that much just on football coaches salaries. Saw the spread is 47 and 1/2 points in an early line. I look for the outcome to be in the 30s though.

Will Stoops run up the score or does he show mercy when the game is in the bag?

Define "running up the score."

He's been known to leave starters in longer than some are comfortable with.

On the other hand, leading 77-0 on the Texas A&M 1-foot line he instructed his players to lay down after the snap (leading to an A&M player to dance around like a moron like they made a goal line stand or something.)

Once OU builds a two TD lead our tendency is to play a bit conservatively, though I think that has more to do with playing the percentages rather than not running up the score.

KantoSooner
8/7/2008, 02:46 PM
My guess would be that the line is about right, but that the game will not be ill-tempered or mean-spirited.

I fully expect OU to win big, but have no animus toward the Mocs.

Can't wait for the game, though.

setem
8/7/2008, 02:47 PM
Welcome Gynos!

soonermix
8/7/2008, 02:48 PM
being that is the first game and the players get to hit somebody else there will be no mercy for the mocs.

however stoops is pretty good at getting the starters off the field after he feels they have had enough snaps. the backups get vaulable game experience in games like these so its not running up the score because its hard to tell kids trying to get pt to hold back.

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 02:50 PM
Chattanooga is not a Div II team, we are FCS, formerly known as Div I-AA. We play Div I sports in all other sports, having a top 25 men's wrestling program, top 15 men's golf program, women's basketball usually somewhere in the 30s in RPI and men's basketball ranked number 48 of all schools in the recent ESPN Prestige Poll.

Stoops had a grudge to settle with A&M didn't he? We got this game because our fairly new AD, Rick Hart, was an Assistant AD there at OU before coming to our school.

Playing a "money game" is a fact of life in the FCS level.

There are good players in FCS, just not nearly as many as in the FBS level. Our most famous alum: Terrell Owens.

badger
8/7/2008, 02:50 PM
Hey!

Just wanted to stop by and say hey. We just hope yall show us some mercy, nobody on either team gets hurt, and your check doesn't bounce!

Stop by our board to talk about the Mocs and Sooners game if you desire, immediate free registration.

www.mocfans.com

Thanks and GO MOCS!

Hey wait a sec... a 3-poster started a thread :confused:

Meh, welcome in advance to Owen Field, home of seven national championships, 41 conference championships, 100-something All-Americans, four Heisman Trophy winners (and statues you can take pictures with!) and an NCAA-record 47-game winning streak.

:D And thank YOU for bailing us out when Middle Tennessee bailed on us. :D

JLEW1818
8/7/2008, 03:01 PM
Whats a good link for these early spreads ?

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 03:05 PM
This is where I found it:

http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/2008/6/25/558818/oklahoma-is-a-47-5-point-f

I am going to guess its that link on the page where the guy is holding his thumb up.

OUMallen
8/7/2008, 03:07 PM
Chattanooga is not a Div II team, we are FCS, formerly known as Div I-AA. We play Div I sports in all other sports, having a top 25 men's wrestling program, top 15 men's golf program, women's basketball usually somewhere in the 30s in RPI and men's basketball ranked number 48 of all schools in the recent ESPN Prestige Poll.

Whoa whoa WHOA whoa whoa whoa whoa. My poke-radar just went berserk.

(Not that you're a poke, that post is just something we tend to hear a lot from them...)

sooner518
8/7/2008, 03:10 PM
you seem to actually understand all this Div 1AA, FCS, FBS, Div IIAA3B bullcrap, so I immediately judge you smarter than me. :D

welcome to the board.

JLEW1818
8/7/2008, 03:10 PM
A shut out is better for us then a blow out. As long as we score at least 45 points that is.

NYC Poke
8/7/2008, 03:13 PM
Whoa whoa WHOA whoa whoa whoa whoa. My poke-radar just went berserk.

(Not that you're a poke, that post is just something we tend to hear a lot from them...)

SEE?!!! We told you guys that other people care about wrestling!

Frozen Sooner
8/7/2008, 03:16 PM

Hey, I was a wrestler. Even walked on at OU for a bit.

But being a top 25 wrestling program these days is a bit of a participation award. How many programs are even left?

badger
8/7/2008, 03:17 PM

I never denied this. However, this only goes to show that your place is the I-AA... er, I mean, Championship Subdivision.

Move on down, Poke :D

Edit: Mike Rich makes a good point. Chicks like me need our sports opportunities too, so I give you the nine title... Title IX, that is. A female non-moneymaking sport is just as worthwhile to an athletic department as a male one, but with a FEMALE one, they can offer more schollys to the male moneymakers!

COM-PLI-ANCE! COM-PLI-ANCE! You have to be in COM-PLI-ANCE! :D

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 03:19 PM
Hey, I was a wrestler. Even walked on at OU for a bit.

But being a top 25 wrestling program these days is a bit of a participation award. How many programs are even left?

Actually a whole bunch! Here is a link showing the Div I programs. There are also Div II and III programs.

http://www.ncaa.com/wrestling/default.aspx?id=618

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 03:22 PM
I would like yall to explain one thing, is this really one of your fans? There has to be a story here somewhere!

http://moctalk.yuku.com/topic/5534

OUMallen
8/7/2008, 03:23 PM

Touche'. That makes two. :D

badger
8/7/2008, 03:26 PM
I would like yall to explain one thing, is this really one of your fans? There has to be a story here somewhere!

NO, the original picture is here:
http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2006/11/longhornsfan2.jpg
Don't listen to Texas fans who tell you otherwise.

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 03:27 PM
Okay,photoshopping has found its way to Texas and Oklahoma....what was on his shirt originally? :)

badger
8/7/2008, 03:28 PM
Okay,photoshopping has found its way to Texas and Oklahoma....what was on his shirt originally? :)

I believe it was a Moc shirt.

JohnnyMack
8/7/2008, 03:31 PM
Chattanooga went 2 - 9 last year. One win over a 1 - 10 Western Carolina team and a pretty good win on the road against a 7 - 4 Ga. Southern team.

Looks like a balanced attack. Seem to average around thirty or so pass attempts each game and they featured two backs that got most of their carries. Looks like the 2007 starter is back at QB, although he was benched after the second game of the season. He comes in with these stats: 17 for 34 on completions with 2 tds and 5 ints. He has -38 yards rushing to add.

Stoops will show little, if anything in this game. He'll get the starters back to game speed and try to keep everyone healthy.

Mocs 10
Sooners 49

OUMallen
8/7/2008, 03:34 PM

I've never heard whether that was real or 'shopped.

JohnnyMack
8/7/2008, 03:36 PM
That guy is real. that shot was at Drillers Stadium in Tulsa.

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 03:39 PM
Chattanooga went 2 - 9 last year. One win over a 1 - 10 Western Carolina team and a pretty good win on the road against a 7 - 4 Ga. Southern team.

Looks like a balanced attack. Seem to average around thirty or so pass attempts each game and they featured two backs that got most of their carries. Looks like the 2007 starter is back at QB, although he was benched after the second game of the season. He comes in with these stats: 17 for 34 on completions with 2 tds and 5 ints. He has -38 yards rushing to add.

Stoops will show little, if anything in this game. He'll get the starters back to game speed and try to keep everyone healthy.

Mocs 10
Sooners 49

The 2007 starting qb graduated. The stats you mentioned were for Tony Pastore, he started game two after the starting qb was hurt in game 1 and came back for game 3. Our qb this year will be a JUCO transfer, Jere Gault. Pastore looks to be number 2 again this year.

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 03:40 PM
That guy is real. that shot was at Drillers Stadium in Tulsa.

So, he is a fan of who in real life?

cvsooner
8/7/2008, 03:40 PM
That's a guy? I thought it was/is a woman.

As far as the game goes, I expect Stoops will leave starters in for first three quarters and then begin to substitute. If it was the fifth or sixth game of the season, probably would pull starters after the first half, but...and considering how semi-rough we've looked in a couple of season openers...I don't expect he'll pull people too early.

JohnnyMack
8/7/2008, 03:42 PM
The 2007 starting qb graduated. The stats you mentioned were for Tony Pastore, he started game two after the starting qb was hurt in game 1 and came back for game 3. Our qb this year will be a JUCO transfer, Jere Gault. Pastore looks to be number 2 again this year.

Oh. Thanks.

Mocs 7
Sooners 49

JohnnyMack
8/7/2008, 03:44 PM
So, he is a fan of who in real life?

He lives in Tulsa, is a real OU and local sports team fan. He's a nice guy who's a bit slow.

GoMocs
Oh. Thanks.

Mocs 7
Sooners 49

49 to 7 means we beat the spread!

My prediction:

Oklahoma 45
Chattanooga 17

The game will never be in doubt though, but won't be a cakewalk however.

Jacie
Hey, they could have played o-state and embarrass the entire conference by winning.

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 03:45 PM
He lives in Tulsa, is a real OU and local sports team fan. He's a nice guy who's a bit slow.

Given that information, I am going to remove that post from our website.

(its now been deleted, would have never posted had I known the guy was handicapped)

Sooner_09
8/7/2008, 03:47 PM
Dear Moc,

Please do not be offended if we boo your team.

Signed,

The Student Section

Jason White's Third Knee
8/7/2008, 03:50 PM

Well, for chripe's sake, can we all pitch in and get the guy some long pants or something?

JohnnyMack
8/7/2008, 03:50 PM
Dear Moc,

Please do not be offended if we hit your players in the head with oranges.

Signed,

The Student Section

Fixed.

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 03:53 PM
Why oranges? We are not our sister school up the road, UT-Knoxville. We hate them more than any school in our conference.

Collier11
8/7/2008, 03:54 PM
57-7, they will get a courtesy TD and it will probably be early so all the idiots can booo for a little while and feel satisfied that SB sucks as a QB and Stoops has lost his mojo

JohnnyMack
8/7/2008, 03:55 PM
Why oranges? We are not our sister school up the road, UT-Knoxville. We hate them more than any school in our conference.

Where's the National Championship game this year?

Sooner_09
8/7/2008, 03:56 PM
Because we're headed to the BCS Championship, formerly known as the Orange Bowl, duh!:pop:

GoMocs
Where's the National Championship game this year?

Chattanooga, we have it this year and the next couple years already, had it since 1997. Hope to keep it forever, sorta like Omaha has the College Baseball World Series.

r5TPsooner
If you come to the game drinks lots of water and don't forget the sunglasses.

WElcome to the board.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/7/2008, 03:57 PM
Hey!

www.mocfans.com (http://www.mocfans.com)

Thanks and GO MOCS!

The check is good, and for the record, that $500,000 is good for about one month of Bob Stoops income.

If you make it to the game, you'll find that almost all of the fans are fun and will be happy to tailgate with you and engage in plenty of halfcocked football talk and armchair QBing.

Some of the younger whippersnappers might be a little froggy, but just be cool and go hang out with the the more congenial Sooners. You'll have a great time.

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks for your invite, but will not be in attendance. There are a few ex players going I understand, but many won't make the trip.

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 03:59 PM
The check is good, and for the record, that $500,000 is good for about one month of Bob Stoops income.

That $500,000 will be about 1/20 of our total athletic budget this upcoming year, for all men's and women's sports. We do appreciate the money!

Maybe TO will come up from Dallas to watch the game, would he get a good reception on the sidelines from the fans?

Jason White's Third Knee
8/7/2008, 03:59 PM
Chattanooga, we have it this year and the next couple years already, had it since 1997. Hope to keep it forever, sorta like Omaha has the College Baseball World Series.

I think he was referring to the BCS championship. It's the Orange Bowl this year and OU has been to many of them. Oranges fly when we look good. Be sure to tell the players to duck. It's nothing personal.

Sooner_09
8/7/2008, 04:00 PM
You don't want to be there for our new video board's debut???

Jason White's Third Knee
8/7/2008, 04:01 PM
That $500,000 will be about 1/20 of our total athletic budget this upcoming year, for all men's and women's sports. We do appreciate the money!

Well, tell the players and coaches that they can keep the oranges to eat for the ride home. It's the least we can do given your financial situation.

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 04:02 PM
I think he was referring to the BCS championship. It's the Orange Bowl this year and OU has been to many of them. Oranges fly when we look good. Be sure to tell the players to duck. It's nothing personal.

I meant the FCS Championship. The highest level of football championship in the NCAA that is actually won on the field! Applachian St is on a three year win streak in it, yall do remember them beating Michigan in the Big House last year? Same conference as us.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/7/2008, 04:02 PM

Maybe TO will come up from Dallas to watch the game, would he get a good reception on the sidelines from the fans?

Probably. There are lot's of Cowboy fans there. He's an amazing player. Crazy, but amazing.

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 04:03 PM
Well, tell the players and coaches that they can keep the oranges to eat for the ride home. It's the least we can do given your financial situation.

No kidding, would not bet against some of them making onto the bus for the ride home. Long bus ride, yall would fly, we will bus.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/7/2008, 04:03 PM
I meant the FCS Championship. The highest level of football championship in the NCAA that is actually won on the field! Applachian St is on a three year win streak in it, yall do remember them beating Michigan in the Big House last year? Same conference as us.

Are you kidding? After that game, our loss to Boise St. left the radar. We were no longer the laughing stock. Thank you App St.

Sooner_09
8/7/2008, 04:04 PM

What are you trying to convey??:confused:

r5TPsooner
8/7/2008, 04:04 PM
Given that information, I am going to remove that post from our website.

(its now been deleted, would have never posted had I known the guy was handicapped)

Hey, we all make mistakes. Kudos for u owning up to it and correcting it.

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 04:06 PM
Probably. There are lot's of Cowboy fans there. He's an amazing player. Crazy, but amazing.

We were the only school to offer TO a scholarship out of high school. West Alabama offered him a preferred walk-on slot. He signed without visiting. When he arrived he was confused, he thought he had signed with UT-Knoxville and wanted to know where the 100,000 seat stadium was, not our little stadium of that time...true story.

GoMocs
8/7/2008, 04:11 PM
What are you trying to convey??:confused:

The BCS Championship is a sham, just as all previous Div I-A national championships are. They aren't decided on the field, but by writers and geeks programming a computer. Man-up, get a 16 team playoff and have a real champion, like every other sport in exsistance.

JLEW1818
8/7/2008, 04:15 PM
2000-2001 Oklahoma went undefeated, cant argue that.
2004-2005 USC went undefeated, cant argue that.
2005-2006 Texas went undefeated, cant argue that.

Its not a great system, but not 100% horrible.
And it's not like Oklahoma would not want a 16 team tourney, we would be one of the first in line to sign.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/7/2008, 04:22 PM
The BCS Championship is a sham, just as all previous Div I-A national championships are. They aren't decided on the field, but by writers and geeks programming a computer. Man-up, get a 16 team playoff and have a real champion, like every other sport in exsistance.

Yes, we will man up now and get the system changed. Oh, wait we've been begging for that for decades. Guess you guys will have to be the men. How do you think your men will fair against our little team again?

OU_Sooners75
8/7/2008, 04:29 PM

Speaking of wrestling. That last match with OU sucked didn't it? :D

Frozen Sooner
8/7/2008, 05:09 PM

Er, the BCS Championship is won on the field. There's a system in place to determine who gets to play for it, sure, but the winner of that game-which is technically a playoff-is the national champion.

I am somewhat underwhelmed by you playing in the same conference as Appalachian State. Iowa State plays in the same conference as us, but I don't see them beating anyone good in the near future either. :D

Big Red Ron
8/7/2008, 05:46 PM
Hey!

www.mocfans.com (http://www.mocfans.com)

Thanks and GO MOCS!I hooked you up on some pitty spek. Sorry bro, you guys knew a beat down was in order when you scheduled us. Hope you win the rest of your games.

OUMallen
8/7/2008, 06:09 PM

Most of your regular season is a sham. Play juuuuuuuuuuust good enough to make the playoffs and the rest of the games are pretty meaningless to your team.

AlabamaMocFan
8/11/2008, 12:32 PM
Just wanted to say good luck to Oklahoma and hopefully our little college will at least put up a fight. We are excited about the opportunity to play you guys.

OUstud
8/11/2008, 12:49 PM
No kidding, would not bet against some of them making onto the bus for the ride home. Long bus ride, yall would fly, we will bus.

As long as they're not school buses like Indy State in 1999...

Collier11
8/11/2008, 12:52 PM
Most of your regular season is a sham. Play juuuuuuuuuuust good enough to make the playoffs and the rest of the games are pretty meaningless to your team.

this should be in a whole other thread but you people that say that a playoff would make the regular season insignificant are rediculous. There are 117 D1 teams and only 8 or 16 would get it, im pretty sure that there would be a lot of significance in playing better teams and trying to be one of those top teams. The regular season would be better than ever, I dont see anyone complaining about any other sport that has a playoff and how the regular season doesnt matter...get a clue

badger
8/11/2008, 12:53 PM
The offseason still looms :(

Umm... any Moc traditions you wish to share?

OUMallen
8/11/2008, 01:02 PM
I dont see anyone complaining about any other sport that has a playoff and how the regular season doesnt matter

It was a tongue-in-cheek response to his friendly jab. But, in that vein, apparently you don't pay much attention, because plenty of people complain about dminished value of MLB regular season games due to playoffs. But that's neither here nor there. I'm not anti-playoff.

badger
8/11/2008, 01:08 PM
I dont see anyone complaining about any other sport that has a playoff and how the regular season doesnt matter...get a clue

Do you believe that fans vote with their attendance? We have seen such "votes" cast when Nebraska left Homecoming before halftime, or when Tennessee fans didn't show up a few years back during its losing season (and the few that did ended up on our fark board).

I believe that fans have been voicing their complaints about the lengthy "meaningless" regular season through their attendance... or lack thereof. Why didn't OU fans turn up to Norfolk State like they would to Oklahoma State?

This could also be because we're not a basketball school but I think fan's attendance is a good comparison to fan complaining.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you - I still love basketball season's setup with a conference week-long tourney and the bracketology - but man is basketball season long.

birddog
8/11/2008, 01:14 PM
It was a tongue-in-cheek response to his friendly jab. But, in that vein, apparently you don't pay much attention, because plenty of people complain about dminished value of MLB regular season games due to playoffs. But that's neither here nor there. I'm not anti-playoff.

i think the 162 games are what diminish the regular season, more than anything else.

Collier11
8/11/2008, 01:14 PM
Do you believe that fans vote with their attendance? We have seen such "votes" cast when Nebraska left Homecoming before halftime, or when Tennessee fans didn't show up a few years back during its losing season (and the few that did ended up on our fark board).

I believe that fans have been voicing their complaints about the lengthy "meaningless" regular season through their attendance... or lack thereof. Why didn't OU fans turn up to Norfolk State like they would to Oklahoma State?

This could also be because we're not a basketball school but I think fan's attendance is a good comparison to fan complaining.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you - I still love basketball season's setup with a conference week-long tourney and the bracketology - but man is basketball season long.

fans not showing up to sell out the arena for a 1-AA team does not depict the true interest in the regular season IMO...there are over 30 bball games compared to 12-14 football games also

badger
8/11/2008, 01:16 PM
fans not showing up to sell out the arena for a 1-AA team does not depict the true interest in the regular season IMO...there are over 30 bball games compared to 12-14 football games also

of course, there's also 85,000 seats for 12-14 football games and only 12,000 seats for 30 bball games so it would even out.

:O

I'm just stirring up trouble, aren't I...

Collier11

Thats why MLb is enjoying their 2nd or 3rd straight yr of record breaking crowds...cus no one cares :rolleyes:

I dont see much diminished value in 162 games when there are close races in all but one division and both wild card races...try again

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

On the other hand, leading 77-0 on the Texas A&M 1-foot line he instructed his players to lay down after the snap (leading to an A&M player to dance around like a moron like they made a goal line stand or something.)

Once OU builds a two TD lead our tendency is to play a bit conservatively, though I think that has more to do with playing the percentages rather than not running up the score.One of our biggest recurring weaknesses in coaching is the "prevent" game we go to when we're ahead. We do it on both offense and defense.

Collier11
of course, there's also 85,000 seats for 12-14 football games and only 12,000 seats for 30 bball games so it would even out.

:O

I'm just stirring up trouble, aren't I...

you silly little girl :P :D

badger
8/11/2008, 01:17 PM
you silly little girl :P :D

I'm just ticking off the whole board today :(

I love you all... back to work...

8/11/2008, 01:27 PM
Would OU have scheduled Chattanooga if they considered the team's mascot is a freakin' SHOE, fergodssakes?

OUMallen
8/11/2008, 01:30 PM
Thats why MLb is enjoying their 2nd or 3rd straight yr of record breaking crowds...cus no one cares :rolleyes:

I dont see much diminished value in 162 games when there are close races in all but one division and both wild card races...try again

Because your opinion serves as fact in debate? You try again.

I'm not even anti-playoff; I don't want to sit here and try to argument an overall point I don't agree with...and I'm just rattling off a general sticking point SOME people have with going playoff. Easy there, keyboard cowboy. You don't have to agree with it; it's just a point people make, and I don't even agree with it really, was just giving the Moc a hard time.

Boarder
8/11/2008, 01:35 PM

Would telling him to get the heck out of here and take Toby Keith with him be considered good or bad?

Fraggle145
8/11/2008, 01:39 PM
Just wanted to say good luck to Oklahoma and hopefully our little college will at least put up a fight. We are excited about the opportunity to play you guys.

You should try to make it to the game... you'll have fun at the tailgates, at least get some free booze and a meal and then see one of the great teams (greatest ;) in college football history take the field.

Collier11
8/11/2008, 01:44 PM
Because your opinion serves as fact in debate? You try again.

I'm not even anti-playoff; I don't want to sit here and try to argument an overall point I don't agree with...and I'm just rattling off a general sticking point SOME people have with going playoff. Easy there, keyboard cowboy. You don't have to agree with it; it's just a point people make, and I don't even agree with it really, was just giving the Moc a hard time.

well dont make a point if you cant back it up with fact as I have...im not coming after you just refuting what you are saying. Dont be so sensitive, not everyone is going to agree with you around here on every topic

Collier11
8/11/2008, 01:45 PM
I'm just ticking off the whole board today :(

I love you all... back to work...

not ticking me off, you are too badazz to do that :D

OUMallen
8/11/2008, 02:04 PM
well dont make a point if you cant back it up with fact as I have...im not coming after you just refuting what you are saying. Dont be so sensitive, not everyone is going to agree with you around here on every topic

If you can't accept the fact that having playoffs diminishes the importance of each regular season game AT LEAST a little, then you're simply not playing with a full deck. There's no need to "prove" anything beyond that because it's simply true: you could feasibly lose 3 games and make the playoffs and ultimately win the entire championship over a team that went undefeated until the playoffs with a more difficult schedule an dloses only 1 game the entire year, but it was the "wrong" game to lose. In that hypothetical, you thereby diminished the importance of the regular season accomplishments. Are you happy now I laid it out logically for you? Do you UNDERSTAND now? You seem smart, I am sure you do. You just need to learn that your OPINION doesn't prevent an opposing cogent statement of fact and logic.

I understand you don't agree and that's fine. I am not anti-playoff, but I think the current system benefits OU in an unfair way, so I am cool with how it is as well. You don't have to be antagonistic about it. You act like a jerk, I'm going to say you're being a jerk. Be respectful, and I'm going to just discuss with you.

Damn, people on the board are REALLY bitchy lately. Season needs to start.

cvsooner
8/11/2008, 02:12 PM
Would telling him to get the heck out of here and take Toby Keith with him be considered good or bad?

Good. Way good.

pweitkem
8/11/2008, 02:13 PM
this should be in a whole other thread but you people that say that a playoff would make the regular season insignificant are rediculous. There are 117 D1 teams and only 8 or 16 would get it, im pretty sure that there would be a lot of significance in playing better teams and trying to be one of those top teams. The regular season would be better than ever, I dont see anyone complaining about any other sport that has a playoff and how the regular season doesnt matter...get a clue

It would be the same 16 teams playing every year. One or two little guys would get in, but the OU, UT, OSU, Michigan, USC, LSU, Florida, Mocs of the world would be in every year. Making the regular season pretty useless.

Another major argument against the playoff is $$$. Our coaches, facilities and administrative are super expensive. Big time college football needs more then 16 teams making money in the post season.

Collier11
8/11/2008, 02:14 PM
If you can't accept the fact that having playoffs diminishes the importance of each regular season game AT LEAST a little, then you're simply not playing with a full deck. There's no need to "prove" anything beyond that because it's simply true: you could feasibly lose 3 games and make the playoffs and ultimately win the entire championship over a team that went undefeated until the playoffs with a more difficult schedule an dloses only 1 game the entire year, but it was the "wrong" game to lose. In that hypothetical, you thereby diminished the importance of the regular season accomplishments. Are you happy now I laid it out logically for you? Do you UNDERSTAND now? You seem smart, I am sure you do. You just need to learn that your OPINION doesn't prevent an opposing cogent statement of fact and logic.

That happens now, you lose at the wrong time of the year and you are screwed, a playoff wont change that. It wont diminish the regular season cus the regular season will be the determining factor on if you get into a 8 team playoff. Lets get hypothetical and say they use the BCS rankings to determine the playoff teams, lets say USC is #8 and playing Cal and we are #9 and playing osu, you dont think we will be highly engrossed in both games...that only enhances the regular season IMO I highly doubt a 3 loss team gets into a 8 team playoff, maybe a 16. Id rather see our final game determine if we get into a playoff as opposed to the meaningless Fiesta Bowl.

I understand you don't agree and that's fine. I am not anti-playoff, but I think the current system benefits OU in an unfair way, so I am cool with how it is as well. You don't have to be antagonistic about it. You act like a jerk, I'm going to say you're being a jerk. Be respectful, and I'm going to just discuss with you.

No one was disrespectful to you, all I did was call you out for having a dumb opinion...if you dont like people disagreeing with you and calling you out then dont join a message board, im sure there will be times we agree on stuff but this isnt one of them. You are the one taking it personal, im just enjoying the discussion and I am enjoying watching you get all huffy and sensitive

Damn, people on the board are REALLY bitchy lately. Season needs to start.

Just another example of you being the one who is overreacting, I havent gotten personal with you at all unless you take me saying "get a clue" as an attack which in that case you are far too sensitive

badger
8/11/2008, 02:17 PM
you are far too sensitive
Everyone will lighten up come Aug. 30. Until then, everyone be as politically correct as possible. No offending, kplzthx.

:rolleyes:

Collier11
8/11/2008, 02:17 PM
It would be the same 16 teams playing every year. One or two little guys would get in, but the OU, UT, OSU, Michigan, USC, LSU, Florida, Mocs of the world would be in every year. Making the regular season pretty useless.

I doubt this, look at the NFL. Obviously they have free agency but if you look at the NCAA over the last 10 yrs we have seen several teams get really good and several teams that were really good become pretty average

Another major argument against the playoff is $$$. Our coaches, facilities and administrative are super expensive. Big time college football needs more then 16 teams making money in the post season.

look in any playoff thread on this board and you will see that I support a playoff that still includes bowl games. About the money, you telling me that a OU vs. Florida quarterfinal game wouldnt bring in higher ratings and more $ than a worthless OU vs. west virg or boise fiesta...if you disagree with this then look at the ratings of both games

Curly Bill
8/11/2008, 02:20 PM
It is somewhat my goal this year to stay out of the playoff/anti-playoff threads. It's kind of like the abortion debate -- you're not gonna change anyone's mind but you might easily pizz them off. :D

Collier11
8/11/2008, 02:28 PM
It is somewhat my goal this year to stay out of the playoff/anti-playoff threads. It's kind of like the abortion debate -- you're not gonna change anyone's mind but you might easily pizz them off. :D

I hate playoff threads but I end up in the middle of all of them LOL!

rainiersooner
8/11/2008, 02:30 PM

Does anyone have a link to that video? That was awesome!!

Curly Bill
8/11/2008, 02:32 PM
I hate playoff threads but I end up in the middle of all of them LOL!

I seemed to towards the end of last season as well, even though I kept saying I was going to stay out of them. I'm going to make a better effort this year, but I'm sure there'll be a time or two where I'm feeling froggy and I'll wade in. :D

I think I'm usually on the opposite sideline from you so to speak. :D

AlabamaMocFan
8/11/2008, 02:34 PM
Somebody asked about a few tid bits about Chattanooga,
We have actually beaten the UT Volunteers in football before.
Chattanooga has finished in the top 20 in college football before when
there was Div. 1A only.
Chattanooga was the first to play Rocky Top for a school fight song.
Our basketball team has made it to the Sweet 16
Chattanooga has produced some great coaches like Joe Morrison(who passed away while coaching at South Carolina, Tommy West currently at Memphis, formerly at Clemson, Buddy Nix was the director of player personnel of the San Diego Chargers up until about a month ago, Buddy Green assistant head coach at Navy, all of these were former Chattanooga coaches.
Chattanooga has played Alabama,Auburn,Florida State,Georgia Tech on more than one occasion, Colorado St., Memphis, Arkansas in recent years.
Chattanooga fans consider there biggest rival of all time, The Marshall Thundering Herd.
I am a former player at Chatt. from 86-91.
Chattanooga is also home of the FCS Div. 1 Football Championship.
Take Care

badger
8/11/2008, 02:38 PM
Somebody asked about a few tid bits about Chattanooga,

1) What's your version of Marco Polo (ours is "Boomer! Sooner!" and your rivals is "We are! Marshall!")

2) Why a Moc for a mascot?

3) Any pregame tradition fun?

4) Any gametime tradition fun?

5) Any other chants/song/etc?

GoMocs
8/11/2008, 02:42 PM
Hey AlabamaMoc, email me at [email protected]

Another famous Moc footballer was Hugh Beaumont, yes, that Hugh Beaumont. Hugh was better known as Ward Clever.

Our mascot is Scrappy, a large Mockingbird, the state bird. We used to have a guy dressed as an American Indian, but that went away in the 90s due to political correctness. They then shortened the nickname from Mocassins to just Mocs. We did breifly have a guy dressed up in a blue shoe costume, but it was roundly booed by the students its first year and was quickly dispatched.

Another famous Chattanooga sports alum is former Moc basketballer for one season as a walkon, Dennis Haskins, aka Mr Belding of Saved By the Bell fame.

Curly Bill
8/11/2008, 02:44 PM
Ward Cleaver > Mr Belding :D

Civicus_Sooner
Here's a question, will the Moc's stay within 40 points?

GoMocs
Mocassins now Mocs come from Mocassin Bend, a penisula of land adjacent to downtown Chattanooga that is visible from Lookout Mtn to be in the shape of a foot. The Indians supposedly had a name for it that translated to mocassin. Unofficial school fight song is Chattanooga Choo Choo.

badger
8/11/2008, 02:46 PM
We did breifly have a guy dressed up in a blue shoe costume, but it was roundly booed by the students its first year and was quickly dispatched.

You hear that students? BOO THE HORSE PIG AND IT'LL GO AWAY :D

GoMocs
8/11/2008, 02:46 PM
Mocassin Bend:

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~miporthu/Boldt/Boldt_TN_Chatt_LookoutMt_MoccasinBend.jpg

GoMocs
8/11/2008, 02:48 PM
You hear that students? BOO THE HORSE PIG AND IT'LL GO AWAY :D

First football game the "shoe" showed up at the students took it off the guy inside and passed the costume up the section of seats at the football stadium and threw it over the top onto the street below. It was retrieved and occasionally made appearances at basketball games where it would be booed soundly upon making it's appearance.

OKLA21FAN
8/11/2008, 02:48 PM
Our mascot is Scrappy, a large Mockingbird, the state bird. We used to have a guy dressed as an American Indian, but that went away in the 90s due to political correctness.

i miss 'Little Red' :mad:

8/11/2008, 02:51 PM
Mocassins now Mocs come from Mocassin Bend, a penisula of land adjacent to downtown Chattanooga that is visible from Lookout Mtn to be in the shape of a foot. The Indians supposedly had a name for it that translated to mocassin. Unofficial school fight song is Chattanooga Choo Choo.You guys are just SHOES. Soft sided, soft soled shoes. You'll tread lightly, & get hammered by a runaway covered wagon on Aug 30.

GoMocs
8/11/2008, 02:52 PM
here is Scrappy (Scrappy is named after a long long time football coach of ours Scrappy Moore):
http://www.dcids.org/Lindsey_Kara_and_Scrappy_jpeg.jpg

JohnnyMack
8/11/2008, 02:54 PM
IBTTeefComments

silverwheels
8/11/2008, 02:54 PM

I'd be willing to bet that we could throw our scout team out there and win comfortably. We beat North Texas last year 79-10, while Chattanooga went 2-9 in the FCS. I'll be shocked if we don't win by at least 40.

pweitkem
8/11/2008, 02:55 PM
look in any playoff thread on this board and you will see that I support a playoff that still includes bowl games. About the money, you telling me that a OU vs. Florida quarterfinal game wouldnt bring in higher ratings and more $ than a worthless OU vs. west virg or boise fiesta...if you disagree with this then look at the ratings of both games

OU vs. Florida would bring a lot of money to OU and Florida.

GoMocs
8/11/2008, 02:58 PM
I'd be willing to bet that we could throw our scout team out there and win comfortably. We beat North Texas last year 79-10, while Chattanooga went 2-9 in the FCS. I'll be shocked if we don't win by at least 40.

We lost 34-15 to Arkansas last year as I stated earlier. I expect a loss around 40 points.

8/11/2008, 02:58 PM
Ohno, another team with a bird mascot that is "out of the blue"(Iowa State, UMiami, etc) BTW, what sort of bird is that?

silverwheels
8/11/2008, 02:59 PM
We lost 34-15 to Arkansas last year as I stated earlier. I expect a loss around 40 points.

And we were much better than Arkansas last year, and we'll be much better this year than they were last year.

No offense meant, but it's going to be ugly.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/11/2008, 03:23 PM
Mocassins now Mocs come from Mocassin Bend, a penisula of land adjacent to downtown Chattanooga that is visible from Lookout Mtn to be in the shape of a foot. The Indians supposedly had a name for it that translated to mocassin. Unofficial school fight song is Chattanooga Choo Choo.

... better than I've been working on the railroad...

GoMocs
8/11/2008, 03:25 PM
... better than I've been working on the railroad...

Oh, actually that is also used at games, its combined with another song and it ends with the I've been working on the railroad. The student section makes arm movements like they are swinging a pick axe.

8/11/2008, 03:39 PM
Oh, actually that is also used at games, its combined with another song and it ends with the I've been working on the railroad. The student section makes arm movements like they are swinging a pick axe.It's also the fight song of one of our longtime rivals, although they changed the lyrics to make it really ghey.

JohnnyMack
8/11/2008, 03:46 PM
I've been working on your mother, all the live long day, I've been working on your mother, because your dad is gay! Can't you hear your sister screaming....

badger
8/11/2008, 03:50 PM
First football game the "shoe" showed up at the students took it off the guy inside and passed the costume up the section of seats at the football stadium and threw it over the top onto the street below. It was retrieved and occasionally made appearances at basketball games where it would be booed soundly upon making it's appearance.

Ok, whoever does this to horse pig's head wins $20. Any poor student out there need $20? :D

8/11/2008, 04:03 PM
Ok, whoever does this to horse pig's head wins $20. Any poor student out there need $20? :DBadger, how about a trust fund of some kind. I would donate if we could prove the $ went to pull off the uni. (will you do it?)

NormanPride
8/11/2008, 04:27 PM
Just the head would suffice.

Oh, and that bird looks like Testudo, the Terrapin.

olevetonahill
8/11/2008, 04:39 PM
Everyone will lighten up come Aug. 30. Until then, everyone be as politically correct as possible. No offending, kplzthx.

:rolleyes:

Screw that Im gonna Neg some nOObs :D

Curly Bill
8/11/2008, 04:41 PM
Screw that Im gonna Neg some nOObs :D

Didn't someone tell you, well everyone I guess, that we weren't sposed to say nOObs anymore? :P

olevetonahill
8/11/2008, 04:42 PM

I predict they will easily stay within 40 Points Of Us
For at least the 1st 10 Minutes ;)

olevetonahill
8/11/2008, 04:44 PM
Didn't someone tell you, well everyone I guess, that we weren't sposed to say nOObs anymore? :P

That was a nOOb and I talked to him :D

Curly Bill
8/11/2008, 04:46 PM
That was a nOOb and I talked to him :D

OK good, don't want to be hurtin anyone's feelers. :D

olevetonahill
8/11/2008, 04:49 PM
OK good, don't want to be hurtin anyone's feelers. :D

Cause we Both be sensitive Caring Posters ? :eek:

Curly Bill
8/11/2008, 04:50 PM
Cause we Both be sensitive Caring Posters ? :eek:

Yup...something like that. ;)

8/11/2008, 04:56 PM
Just the head would suffice.

Oh, and that bird looks like Testudo, the Terrapin.The whole uni has to be wrassled off at least one of the horsepigs for the de-pigging fund to be paid out. A head-off only should get only 20% of the fund...what say you, fellow anti-horsepigites?

TopDawg
8/11/2008, 06:00 PM
Our most famous alum: Terrell Owens.

Perhaps, but my favorite UTC alum is Pumpy Tudors.

I think he still holds the record for highest career punting average in D-1AA history.

JLEW1818
8/11/2008, 06:10 PM
Any game predictions for this game?

My over/under is 84

boomersoonr7xchamps
8/11/2008, 06:18 PM

Once OU builds a two TD lead our tendency is to play a bit conservatively, though I think that has more to do with playing the percentages rather than not running up the score.

Oh, don't worry boys....I am praying Stoops runs up the score in 3 games:

1. Washington (if those queer Pac 10 refs don't hose us again. I would like to see us run it up...)

2. Nebraska (Is it me, or does Pelini always look confused?)

3. Texa$$ (a 77-0 pounding of the Horns would be sweeeeet)!!!!

AlabamaMocFan
8/11/2008, 08:21 PM
I played with Pumpy Tudors, he is quite a character. He was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles. He is now a Tennessee State trooper and a football legend in Marion County Tennessee. I know there are some great Oklahoma fans out there, but unfortunately on these public forums, you get the worst sometimes and I understand that.

tulsaoilerfan
8/11/2008, 10:13 PM

U seem pretty cool Moc, but don't compare OU to Arkie; Mizzou beat the crap out of Arkie in the Cotton Bowl, and we handled Mizzou pretty good both times we played them. :D

TopDawg
8/11/2008, 10:38 PM
I played with Pumpy Tudors, he is quite a character. He was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles.

Yep, in 1992. Pumpy went in the 11th round, one round before OU's own Brandon Houston (T).

goingoneight
8/11/2008, 10:59 PM
The Mocs aren't accusing us of spying on them like (p)UNT did, are they? :confused:

RiddlerOK
8/12/2008, 12:37 AM
My younger sister lives in Chattanooga. For some reason, as the game approaches, she has stopped calling me. Already hiding from the potential embarrassment I suspect............

Fraggle145
8/12/2008, 12:58 AM
Yup...something like that. ;)

Heh. I know we believe in board harmony ;)

olevetonahill
8/12/2008, 02:41 AM
Heh. I know we believe in board harmony ;)

Just axe Buttercup about that board Homoginised stuff .

Jason White's Third Knee
8/12/2008, 10:41 AM
I played with Pumpy Tudors, he is quite a character. He was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles. He is now a Tennessee State trooper and a football legend in Marion County Tennessee. I know there are some great Oklahoma fans out there, but unfortunately on these public forums, you get the worst sometimes and I understand that.

This forum is pretty good. It usually the new guys that get all up in arms about stuff.

AlabamaMocFan
8/13/2008, 01:43 PM
This redneck forum will not allow me to start new post, so I have to use this one....The Mocs will stun the football world in Norman...I have personally bought our coaches 2 cases of Tennessee Jack Daniels Whiskey and 11 cases of Pabst....You will never know what hit you...It is amazing what a drunk coach can do...woo .......woo......

Frozen Sooner
8/13/2008, 01:54 PM
Whoops. I meant that to be a yeller card, not a red. Sorry, AMF-I've got a message in to admin to change it so you're not banned.

badger
8/13/2008, 01:55 PM
This redneck forum will not allow me to start new post, so I have to use this one....The Mocs will stun the football world in Norman...I have personally bought our coaches 2 cases of Tennessee Jack Daniels Whiskey and 11 cases of Pabst....You will never know what hit you...It is amazing what a drunk coach can do...woo .......woo......

There is nothing less intimidating than a shoe.
Here's hoping our mods don't ban you
You're too funny, at least for a week or two
Woo hoo!

;)

stoops the eternal pimp
8/14/2008, 09:20 AM
HEY WHATS GOING ON?

badger
8/14/2008, 09:25 AM
HEY WHATS GOING ON?

V'yy gryy lbh jung'f tbvat ba -- a00o gbegher. Vg vf gur arjrfg penmr va zrffntr obneqvat. Gnxr sbe rknzcyr Nynonzn Zbp Snaal be jungrire uvf turl anzr (AGGNJJG) vf. Ur qbrfa'g xabj ubj gb orunir, fb jr lryybj uvz, gura jura ur pbzrf onpx ur tbrf onpx JBB JBBvat be PUBB PUBBvat be jungrire gur uryy gur turl punag (AGGNJJG) gung gurl qb vf naq gurl creznona uvz. Gura, jr oevat ba gur Uhfxvrf naq gurve a00o onvgva' snaf. Gura, gurl trg hore onarq sbe qbvat jungrire Jnfuvatgba snaf qb (V'z tbvat gb gung tnzr, ogj, fb V ubcr vg vfa'g nalguvat gbb naablvat). Gura, oevat ba gur Ornepngf naq jr nfx gur Ornepngf jung gur shpxvat uryy n ORNE-PNG vf (V pna hfr phefrl jbeqf orpnhfr guvf vf nyy svygrerq, orlbaprf! Bu jnvg, V zrna OVGPURF. Ununun). Gura, gurl trg onarq sbe rkcynvavat gung n ORNEPNG vf "Lbh fghcvq Bxynubzn uvpxf ner uvyyovyyvrf naq fubhyq nyy tb fyrrc jvgu lbhe fvfgre, ununun, yby, ebsy, tb pvapvaangv naq fghss." Naq gur a00o plpyr tbrf ba...

stoops the eternal pimp
8/14/2008, 09:30 AM
V'yy gryy lbh jung'f tbvat ba -- a00o gbegher. Vg vf gur arjrfg penmr va zrffntr obneqvat. Gnxr sbe rknzcyr Nynonzn Zbp Snaal be jungrire uvf turl anzr (AGGNJJG) vf. Ur qbrfa'g xabj ubj gb orunir, fb jr lryybj uvz, gura jura ur pbzrf onpx ur tbrf onpx JBB JBBvat be PUBB PUBBvat be jungrire gur uryy gur turl punag (AGGNJJG) gung gurl qb vf naq gurl creznona uvz. Gura, jr oevat ba gur Uhfxvrf naq gurve a00o onvgva' snaf. Gura, gurl trg hore onarq sbe qbvat jungrire Jnfuvatgba snaf qb (V'z tbvat gb gung tnzr, ogj, fb V ubcr vg vfa'g nalguvat gbb naablvat). Gura, oevat ba gur Ornepngf naq jr nfx gur Ornepngf jung gur shpxvat uryy n ORNE-PNG vf (V pna hfr phefrl jbeqf orpnhfr guvf vf nyy svygrerq, orlbaprf! Bu jnvg, V zrna OVGPURF. Ununun). Gura, gurl trg onarq sbe rkcynvavat gung n ORNEPNG vf "Lbh fghcvq Bxynubzn uvpxf ner uvyyovyyvrf naq fubhyq nyy tb fyrrc jvgu lbhe fvfgre, ununun, yby, ebsy, tb pvapvaangv naq fghss." Naq gur a00o plpyr tbrf ba...

Nohfvat lbhe cbjref ba gur abbof jvgu lbhe frperg ynathntr...IRQQL AVPR!...V cnl ab nggragvba gb gurfr crbcyr rira gubhtu V qb trg n tbbq ynhtu bire fbzrbar pnyyvat lbh tnl be ersreevat gb lbh nf n qhqr...

StormySooner-IN
8/14/2008, 09:42 AM

dang, that's rough!:eek:
But if thats what we gotta do.....then thats what we gotta do!:D

(im sure there would be some media attention if WE did that..)

badger
8/14/2008, 09:45 AM
whoops, sorry. my keyboard was messing up and stuff. This is what happens when you replace a QWERTY keyboard with an ABCDEFG keyboard. NEVER trying that again!

In any event, I am all for the mascot rebellion. Then never should have taken away our beloved Top Dawg/Daug. They might as well have replaced him with a shoe. Then at least we could laugh as well as boo.

8/14/2008, 04:02 PM
!

In any event, I am all for the mascot rebellion. Then never should have taken away our beloved Top Dawg/Daug. They might as well have replaced him with a shoe. Then at least we could laugh as well as boo.So, will you bolt from your clandestine spot within the student section, and wrestle down the monster for ca$h?

TopDawg
8/14/2008, 04:19 PM

Do you still keep in touch with him?

Civicus_Sooner
8/14/2008, 04:22 PM
Whoops. I meant that to be a yeller card, not a red. Sorry, AMF-I've got a message in to admin to change it so you're not banned.
;)

GoMocs
8/18/2008, 09:22 AM
Do you still keep in touch with him?

Pumpy had some legal troubles this summer. If you go to our football forum and look back a page or two, you will see a thread on it.

http://moctalk.yuku.com/directory

ruf/nekdad
8/18/2008, 06:17 PM
I've been working on your mother, all the live long day, I've been working on your mother, because your dad is gay! Can't you hear your sister screaming....
Now that there 's some funny stuff..

Watch Me Stride
8/18/2008, 07:22 PM
hfsafh ARE YOU kdding me the mocs are terrible im going to talkk trash to your forums haha