PDA

View Full Version : Olympics...

Pages : [1] 2

CatfishSooner
8/7/2008, 01:19 PM
Who else is really pumped about the games???? I am and I really hope we win the most medals...
AND I really hope we win gold in basketball so we retake our rightful place on top in the basketball universe...These last few years have been embarrassing..
Opening ceremony is tomorrow!!!

Anyone think something signifigant outside of sports will probably happen during the Olympics in Beijing? I do...

StoopTroup
8/7/2008, 01:22 PM
I think it's going to creep up on folks and we'll all start getting into it pretty quick.

Curly Bill
8/7/2008, 01:25 PM
I'm in!

Especially like me some track and field, and yeah want to see how the B-ball thing goes.

CatfishSooner
8/7/2008, 01:25 PM
Our first bball game is vs China....I hope we win by 30 and CP3 dunks over yao ...

Widescreen
8/7/2008, 01:39 PM
I really like the olympics. And it's the only time I'd even consider watching a lot of those events. I can't remember the last time I watched some kind of hurdles event. It was probably the last olympics.

SoonerStormchaser
8/7/2008, 01:40 PM
I don't give two ****s about the olympics and will probably not watch them at all!

CatfishSooner
8/7/2008, 01:40 PM
Those hurdlers are talented... I don't know how the heck they do it while running full speed and not missin a beat... fun to watch...
I hope gay wins the 100 and wish he could run in the 200!

Curly Bill
8/7/2008, 01:41 PM
I don't give two ****s about the olympics and will probably not watch them at all!

Yeah well.....:P .

CatfishSooner
8/7/2008, 01:41 PM

Why do you hate the US? ;)

But seriously, out of curiousity, why do you not give two ****s about em?

royalfan5
8/7/2008, 01:56 PM
I'm looking forward to Track and Field and Boxing tournaments. I'm sure I'll probably watch a lot of swimming and diving too. Although, I probably get more excited about the Winter Games, I don't see how you can like sports and not like the Olympics.

Chuck Bao
8/7/2008, 02:09 PM
This Olympics is all about glorifying China.

Please pay attention because this is where Walmart buys most of its products.

I'm getting into the spirit of it. Unfortunately, my Chinese manufactured TV gave out after a few short years. Unfortunately, the new one won't be delivered in time to watch the opening ceremony.

I will be watching some of Olympic sports in my office. Thais are expected to do well in boxing and women's weightlifting.

JohnnyMack
8/7/2008, 02:11 PM
Soccer = yes
Men's BBall = yes

Partial Qualifier
8/7/2008, 02:17 PM
I'm more of a winter olympics type but this one should be interesting. Bball will be interesting -- speaking of, can someone explain why Jason Kidd is on the olympic team?

Curly Bill
8/7/2008, 02:19 PM
I'm more of a winter olympics type but this one should be interesting. Bball will be interesting -- speaking of, can someone explain why Jason Kidd is on the olympic team?

Because he's been there done that...ie. experience.

Boomer.....
8/7/2008, 02:21 PM
It's a shame that baseball and softball aren't in the summer Olympics.

Curly Bill
8/7/2008, 02:22 PM

Softball is.

CatfishSooner
8/7/2008, 02:23 PM

I think they are for this one....last time though

Curly Bill
8/7/2008, 02:24 PM

Yup.

Chuck Bao
8/7/2008, 02:27 PM
Ahem! My first Olympic torch relay protest thread gets moved to the general sports forum.

In an effort to keep this thing political and not sports related, I'm doing the sporting thing and re-posting my protest posters.

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/kanunu/freetibet1.gif

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/kanunu/freetibet5.jpg

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/kanunu/tibet-olympics.jpg

Chuck Bao
8/7/2008, 02:32 PM
Oops. An Olympic too slow moment.

Frozen Sooner
8/7/2008, 02:34 PM
I generally enjoy the Olympics. Got to see a soccer match between Italy and Brazil during the '84 LA games (though the Italy-Brazil match was played in Palo Alto.)

I will not be watching these Olympics, though I hope our athletes do well.

Curly Bill
8/7/2008, 02:36 PM
I generally enjoy the Olympics. Got to see a soccer match between Italy and Brazil during the '84 LA games (though the Italy-Brazil match was played in Palo Alto.)

Not watching? Protest or what?

...as if it's any of my business.

SoonerStormchaser
8/7/2008, 02:38 PM
Why do you hate the US? ;)

But seriously, out of curiousity, why do you not give two ****s about em?

It's become nothing but an international political pissing contest.

Curly Bill
8/7/2008, 02:39 PM

Even if so we can pizz further then them other countries. :D

Frozen Sooner
8/7/2008, 02:55 PM
Not watching? Protest or what?

...as if it's any of my business.

Pretty much. It's a relatively painless way for me to register my displeasure with the Olympics going to a country with a horrible human rights record.

Curly Bill
8/7/2008, 02:57 PM
Pretty much. It's a relatively painless way for me to register my displeasure with the Olympics going to a country with a horrible human rights record.

I understand and can respect that. Count me in the group that says lets just go play some sports and let the politicians do their thing on the rest of it. Probably somewhat a reaction to the Carter boycott on my part.

JLEW1818
8/7/2008, 03:15 PM
Can anybody get me a website link, that is simple to read, and says exactly what times American's are competing in basketball swimming and track?

Frozen Sooner
8/7/2008, 03:18 PM
I understand and can respect that. Count me in the group that says lets just go play some sports and let the politicians do their thing on the rest of it. Probably somewhat a reaction to the Carter boycott on my part.

I can see that and I don't have a problem with the athletes competing. I think the Munich tragedy was the driving force behind the '80 boycott moreso than anything else, and I don't see athlete safety as an issue here.

I just want to hit the IOC in the pocketbook.

royalfan5
8/7/2008, 03:22 PM

It always been an international pissing contest.

CatfishSooner
8/7/2008, 03:34 PM
Can anybody get me a website link, that is simple to read, and says exactly what times American's are competing in basketball swimming and track?

Go to nbcolympics.com...but I did not find it the simplest to read ... decent though

Boomer.....
8/7/2008, 03:55 PM

That's kind of what I meant. It's a shame that they are ending it after this year but keeping some of the other worthless sports

jkjsooner
8/7/2008, 03:56 PM
Soccer = yes
Men's BBall = yes

Question, as a non-soccer fan who will watch it during the World Cup, how much do different countries get into Olympic soccer? It's strange because it's supposed to be the biggest event in any Olympic sport but Olympic soccer is clearly second fiddle to the World Cup.

Do all of the best players play in the Olympics? Is the format similar to the World Cup? I'm assuming they can't be paid to play in the Olympics whereas they can in the World Cup.

I find it somewhat analagous to tennis. It's nice to win the gold but nobody would trade it for a Wimbledon championship - unless of course they have several Wibmledon championships already.

Comparison to other professional sports are different. Most guys would rather win the NBA championship than the Olympic gold but that's an apples and oranges comparison since one is the country's team and one is a professional team.

CatfishSooner
8/7/2008, 04:00 PM
Question, as a non-soccer fan who will watch it during the World Cup, how much do different countries get into Olympic soccer? It's strange because it's supposed to be the biggest event in any Olympic sport but Olympic soccer is clearly second fiddle to the World Cup.

Do all of the best players play in the Olympics? Is the format similar to the World Cup? I'm assuming they can't be paid to play in the Olympics whereas they can in the World Cup.

I find it somewhat analagous to tennis. It's nice to win the gold but nobody would trade it for a Wimbledon championship - unless of course they have several Wibmledon championships already.

Comparison to other professional sports are different. Most guys would rather win the NBA championship than the Olympic gold but that's an apples and oranges comparison since one is the country's team and one is a professional team.

I think it is mainly U-23 players for some reason... the soccer is definitely not as big as the world cup!

jkjsooner
8/7/2008, 04:06 PM
After watching the Australia game I don't have a great feeling about our chances in basketball. I was hoping the years together and Coach K would result in a team that plays cohesively. It still seems to be a one-on-one game for our offense whereas the other teams are setting pics, moving the ball around, connecting on back screens for layups, etc.

It seems at this point it's an impossible task to train the NBA (and street ball) out of our guys. I'm afraid the only way we're going to perform at our best is if the NBA adopts more amateur type rules which encourages more teamwork like you see in college and in European leagues. The play in the NBA is just too different from most forms of basketball....

We'll see if our guys will really be able to move the ball to the open player and shoot over a zone defense.

CatfishSooner
8/7/2008, 08:44 PM
I'll predict gold for the USA right now...Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Carmelo, CP3, Howard, Kidd, etc., etc., ... They have refocused and are ready to get the gold... Enough is enough... we have way superior talent and are playin as a team now... Just b/c we only won by like 12 vs. the Aussies has made everyone all scared... I will be SHOCKED if we don't win gold..

Soonerus
8/7/2008, 08:51 PM
USA should do great unless they choke on hte air...

birddog
8/7/2008, 09:14 PM
my wife is chinese and we have an international package with 20 something channels and every second of ever event is shown live.

this will be the first time i can actually watch all the events i want instead of being force fed the obvious ones. i'll watch all the track and field, soccer, and bball.

olevetonahill
8/8/2008, 04:07 AM
Our first bball game is vs China....I hope we win by 30 and CP3 dunks over yao ...

Did our daddy get you a New Bikecykle:eek:

birddog
8/8/2008, 07:37 AM

highlights of first round soccer...

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/player.html?assetid=0807_sd_fbm_to_l0008&channelcode=sportfb

CatfishSooner
8/8/2008, 12:05 PM
Did our daddy get you a New Bikecykle:eek:

the inept OU cops found it...in Noble...in a ditch...about 4 months ago...:eek:

OPENING ceremony is tonight!!! woooooooo

illinisooner
8/8/2008, 01:01 PM
In the ancient Olympics, wars were stopped and politics were put on hold for the games. It's too bad that Olympic spirit isn't prevailing these days. But I'm definitely pumped for the Olympics, it's going to be a fun two weeks. Honestly, I think sports fans are itching for something else to watch/talk about other than Jet Favre.

royalfan5
8/8/2008, 02:25 PM
Unfornately, one of the top US medal contenders had to drop out of the boxing tournament after he failed to make weight and collasped. It's pretty disappointing but the boxing team shouldn't have had him trying to fight down at 119 when he had been at 125 for the past year in international competition.

SicEmBaylor
8/8/2008, 06:38 PM
Are starting right now on NBC!

BEAT THOSE GODLESS COMMUNIST SONS OF BITCHES!

The US plays second fiddle to no one.

soonersn20xx
8/8/2008, 06:46 PM
Tom Brokaw is no Jim McKay.............I had to turn on closed captioning cause of his sickening syrupy voice.

Sooner Schemer
8/8/2008, 07:13 PM
Tom Brokaw is no Jim McKay.............I had to turn on closed captioning cause of his sickening syrupy voice.You can always turn to the Puppy Games on Animal Planet.

Ike
8/8/2008, 07:17 PM
Kinda wierd seeing Bush and Pooty-Poot chattin it up...

StoopTroup
8/8/2008, 07:19 PM
Where are they having them this year?

SCOUT
8/8/2008, 07:43 PM
They are focusing on the openness of China so far. That seems a bit ironic to me.

I can't stand the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. They always seem like one 22 hour long halftime show from one of the lower bowl games.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/8/2008, 07:50 PM
Bush looked pissed.

That'd been funny if he would've hopped up and gave him some knuckle lips.

SicEmBaylor
8/8/2008, 07:50 PM
They are focusing on the openness of China so far. That seems a bit ironic to me.

I can't stand the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. They always seem like one 22 hour long halftime show from one of the lower bowl games.

This is like Christmas for anyone with an Asian chick fetish.

SicEmBaylor
8/8/2008, 07:51 PM
Bush looked pissed.

That'd been funny if he would've hopped up and gave him some knuckle lips.

I'm not sure of the timing, but he may have just found out that Putin just invaded a major and important ally of the United States.

GottaHavePride
8/8/2008, 07:52 PM
This is like Christmas for anyone with an Asian chick fetish.

Wut?

No, srsly, I'm on Swedish chicks now.

SicEmBaylor
8/8/2008, 07:53 PM
Wut?

Much better. I'm going through a red-head phase myself.

StoopTroup
8/8/2008, 07:55 PM
http://style.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/07/redhead_2.jpg
Much better. I'm going through a red-head phase myself.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/8/2008, 07:56 PM
http://www.vegastripping.com/images/showguide_carrottop.jpg

SicEmBaylor
8/8/2008, 07:56 PM
You know these Chinese dudes seem pretty nancy. I'm pretty sure my Chinese roommate in college was more manly than any of the guys I've seen on here so far -- including the military honor guard.

I think I could be like some kind of major American whitey stud over there.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/8/2008, 08:07 PM

I... I mean... Uhhh...

I don't even know where to start to make fun of this, SicEm.

SicEmBaylor
8/8/2008, 08:12 PM
I... I mean... Uhhh...

I don't even know where to start to make fun of this, SicEm.

Use your words.

proud gonzo
8/8/2008, 08:12 PM
You know these Chinese dudes seem pretty nancy. I'm pretty sure my Chinese roommate in college was more manly than any of the guys I've seen on here so far -- including the military honor guard.

you're not allowed to judge manliness. :les: BACK TO YOUR CORNER.

Ike
8/8/2008, 08:18 PM

China's totally open when you just listen to what they tell you to listen to...

Flagstaffsooner
8/8/2008, 08:18 PM
The olympics does not have College Football, therefore the olympics are a farce when they call it the greatest event in sports.

SicEmBaylor
8/8/2008, 08:20 PM
The olympics does not have College Football, therefore the olympics are a farce when they call it the greatest event in sports.

I can't argue with that. Especially since soccer is an Olympic sport.

:barf:

StoopTroup
8/8/2008, 08:21 PM
Football isn't a sport.

It's much bigger than that. :D

It's a Contest of Brawn and Wisdom.

soonerboomer93
8/8/2008, 10:09 PM
Wut?

blondes have never done it for me

maybe i need to go to sweden

CatfishSooner
8/9/2008, 12:09 AM
The opening ceremonies were pretty spectacular...
Does anyone know why people are thinkin China will win more gold medals than us? That will **** me off it really happens, but I doubt it will...

Blue
8/9/2008, 12:13 AM
I thought that was pretty cool and I like the Olympics.

GottaHavePride
8/9/2008, 12:14 AM
One for the rhythm!
Two for the rhyme!
Three to get ready,
it's bobsled time!

Wait. ****! Wrong Olympics.

StoopTroup
8/9/2008, 12:31 AM
Is Pole Dancing an Olympic Sport?

VeeJay
8/9/2008, 12:42 AM
Were these actual athletes they had wearing their nation's traditional, customary garb, or were these theater majors and whatnot? It looked more like a Mardi Gras Parade gone awry.

http://media.monstersandcritics.com/galleries/1326359/0143484150085.jpg

StoopTroup
8/9/2008, 12:45 AM
I think the japanese will do well.

They have been training.

NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGnlCcmXl0g&NR=1

VeeJay
8/9/2008, 12:56 AM
Not on the Butt master machines. :D

tbl
8/9/2008, 08:52 AM
They said during the show that the dancers all practiced for 8 months. That is a LONG time to rehearse, but it paid off in dividends. That was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. The guy that put that together and choreographed the whole thing is a bonafide genius.

Too bad the freaking NBC Producer kept going in for tight shots and changing camera angles the whole time so that we missed the effect that was intended by sitting mid field. Still, we were able to get some amazing shots.

I would HATE to be the city that gets 2012. No WAY would I want to follow that up.

OULenexaman
8/9/2008, 12:07 PM
They said during the show that the dancers all practiced for 8 months. That is a LONG time to rehearse, but it paid off in dividends. That was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. The guy that put that together and choreographed the whole thing is a bonafide genius.

Too bad the freaking NBC Producer kept going in for tight shots and changing camera angles the whole time so that we missed the effect that was intended by sitting mid field. Still, we were able to get some amazing shots.

I would HATE to be the city that gets 2012. No WAY would I want to follow that up.

Agree 100%....the most amazingly mass choregraphed event that was ever made.....mindboggeling IMO....and all the tight shots were pissing me off too...but the tight showing how they created the birdcage with people was pretty cool....amazing stuff....

lexsooner
8/9/2008, 12:56 PM
Ditto. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Wish I could have seen it live. No superlatives can even describe it.

KC//CRIMSON
8/9/2008, 04:42 PM
Best cauldron lighting ever.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSA9xUUXj6E&feature=related

tommieharris91
8/9/2008, 07:25 PM
OU Alumnus Johnathan Horton put up a 15.325 on rings in qualifying. Hope he makes it.

tommieharris91
8/9/2008, 07:33 PM
Horton scores a 15.575 on *ahem* high bar.

Big Red Ron
8/9/2008, 07:36 PM
Horton is the real deal. I don't watch gymnastics except every 4 years but I don't think I've ever seen one of the moves he pulled before. WOW.

tommieharris91
8/9/2008, 08:21 PM
Horton is the real deal. I don't watch gymnastics except every 4 years but I don't think I've ever seen one of the moves he pulled before. WOW.

Dude is only 5'1". :eek:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/athletes/athlete=640/bio/index.html

JohnnyMack
8/9/2008, 09:26 PM
Michael Phelps is a better swimmer than you are.

Huskernsooner71
8/9/2008, 09:46 PM
Dude is only 5'1". :eek:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/athletes/athlete=640/bio/index.html

Definitely is 5'1. I was his RA in the athletic dorms, he is a great guy and a great representation of OU. I wish him the best on Tuesday.

birddog
8/10/2008, 08:45 AM
well, in the dying embers of the game, the us gives up an equalizer to the netherlands.

game ends 2-2 and the us still looks good to get to the qfinals.

CatfishSooner
8/10/2008, 12:12 PM
We crushed China in basketball!!! woooohooo!

Chuck Bao
8/10/2008, 12:15 PM
Thai women carry the weight, but we already knew that.

Weightlifter Prapawadee Jaroenrattanatarakoon wins first gold medal for Thailand in the women's 53kg division in the Beijing Olympic.

The Nakhon Sawan native managed to lift 95kg in the snatch and set the new Olympic clean and jerk record at 126kg. She claimed the top spot with aggregate lifts of 221kg.

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/kanunu/30080238-01.jpg

woooo hoooo!

proud gonzo
8/10/2008, 12:16 PM
Best cauldron lighting ever.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSA9xUUXj6E&feature=relatedthat one WAS awesome, but my favorite is still Muhammad Ali in Atlanta.

royalfan5
8/10/2008, 01:11 PM
Water Polo looks like it would been fun as hell to play.

lexsooner
8/10/2008, 01:29 PM
Water Polo looks like it would been fun as hell to play.

I knew this dude in school who was from California and played varsity water polo for a Cal State school, played against the top teams from UCLA, USC, Stanford, etc. He said it was an incredibly physical game on top of requiring exceptional endurance. He played with guys who were on the 84 Olympic team, including the guy who did the Snickers commercial around then. He had his thumb twisted under water, crotch grabbed, elbowed, etc. He said one Olympic swimmer tried to play for his college, but he was just not physical enough and got shoved around the pool. After practice he said they would go to a 7-11 and load up on high energy junk food and go and eat and smoke pot. Seriously.

Chuck Bao
8/10/2008, 04:21 PM
Water Polo = if you like big burly men in speedos dunking on you

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/kanunu/phoca_thumb_l_time-out1.jpg

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/kanunu/phoca_thumb_l_zdejo_miho_andro.jpg

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/kanunu/phoca_thumb_l_veselje.jpg

Sooner98
8/10/2008, 10:33 PM
Wow, that was one of the most exciting swimming races I've seen. Lezak won that one single-handedly.

tommieharris91
8/10/2008, 10:34 PM
That was a frickin awesome race!!!

colleyvillesooner
8/10/2008, 10:36 PM
badass.

Take that you trash talking french bastards. :D

JLEW1818
8/10/2008, 10:42 PM
**** YOU FRENCH !!!!!!!!!!!! USA USA USA

JLEW1818
8/10/2008, 10:42 PM
GIVE LEZAK ALL 4 GOLD MEDALS

GottaHavePride
8/10/2008, 10:46 PM
Thai women carry the weight, but we already knew that.

Weightlifter Prapawadee Jaroenrattanatarakoon wins first gold medal for Thailand in the women's 53kg division in the Beijing Olympic.

The Nakhon Sawan native managed to lift 95kg in the snatch and set the new Olympic clean and jerk record at 126kg. She claimed the top spot with aggregate lifts of 221kg.

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/kanunu/30080238-01.jpg

woooo hoooo!

Bwahahahahaaaaaaa.

Sorry. Carry on. :D

tulsaoilerfan
8/10/2008, 10:46 PM
Wow, that was one of the most exciting swimming races I've seen. Lezak won that one single-handedly.

Absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!! The french can kiss our collective asses!!!:D :D :D

colleyvillesooner
8/10/2008, 10:55 PM
Wonder where Jones was during that final leg? He showed up to the celebration 10-15 seconds after it ended.

tommieharris91
8/10/2008, 10:56 PM
GIVE LEZAK ALL 4 GOLD MEDALS

Hey man, Phelps needs his too.

tommieharris91
8/10/2008, 11:03 PM
Wow, 5 teams broke the world record in that race.

illinisooner
8/10/2008, 11:05 PM
That was absolutely amazing! "We are here to smash the Americans." Get outta here France. Did anyone else catch the US/Holland soccer game today? The Americans were huge underdogs but were leading 2-1 in the final minute and the Dutch scored on a free kick to salvage the tie. Talk about a sucker punch...now they must tie or beat Nigeria (won't be easy, especially with no Adu and Bradley) to advance to the quarterfinals, where a loaded Argentina squad likely awaits to dispatch them.

JLEW1818
8/10/2008, 11:11 PM
Hey man, Phelps needs his too.

ya i hear ya. WHAT TIME DOES PHELPS SWIM TOMORROW? THOSE DAMN WEB PAGES ARE SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND WITH ALL THEIR CHINESE TIMES??

tommieharris91
8/10/2008, 11:23 PM
China time is 11 hours ahead of CDT. So midnight here is 11am the next day there.

EDIT: Men's 200m freestyle is 9:16pm CDT Monday, Men's 100m backstroke is 15 minutes later. I'm pretty sure Phelps is in the 200m freestyle, but I'm not sure about the 100m backstroke.

colleyvillesooner
8/10/2008, 11:30 PM
Piersol is Americas hope in the backstroke.

Olympic swimming...when God forces me to cheer for whorns...

birddog
8/10/2008, 11:33 PM
That was absolutely amazing! "We are here to smash the Americans." Get outta here France. Did anyone else catch the US/Holland soccer game today? The Americans were huge underdogs but were leading 2-1 in the final minute and the Dutch scored on a free kick to salvage the tie. Talk about a sucker punch...now they must tie or beat Nigeria (won't be easy, especially with no Adu and Bradley) to advance to the quarterfinals, where a loaded Argentina squad likely awaits to dispatch them.

yeah, the us wall looked like the berlin wall crashing down. had they stayed in place it wouldn't have had a chance of going in. i think they can get a point out of nigeria and will have a shot in the next round.

altidore is a machine. doesn't he play for roma now?

Scott D
8/11/2008, 06:40 AM
ya i hear ya. WHAT TIME DOES PHELPS SWIM TOMORROW? THOSE DAMN WEB PAGES ARE SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND WITH ALL THEIR CHINESE TIMES??

Will you quit typing in all caps if I give you the schedule for the Finals (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080810/SPORTS17/808100483/1048) of every race he's trying to win Gold in? And those are all Eastern times, so just subtract 1 hour.

GrapevineSooner
8/11/2008, 07:12 AM
China is 13 hours ahead of Texas.

Not that hard to figure out the time difference.

GrapevineSooner
8/11/2008, 07:17 AM
The Americans were huge underdogs but were leading 2-1 in the final minute and the Dutch scored on a free kick to salvage the tie. Talk about a sucker punch...now they must tie or beat Nigeria (won't be easy, especially with no Adu and Bradley) to advance to the quarterfinals, where a loaded Argentina squad likely awaits to dispatch them.

And had the players in the wall not left their feet, it wouldn't have gone in. Course, if Holden hadn't have slide in recklessly to setup the free kick...

Though to be fair, you can either take away the low shot or take away the high shot, which is a lower percentage play for the team taking the free kick, but I'd also imagine it's tougher to stop for the goaltender.

I guess they thought it'd be easier for Guzan to stop the low shot and unfortunately, he didn't pick up the shot in time.

Oh well. If you had told me that the US would have 4 points after their first two round robin games, I would have gladly taken it. Having to face Nigeria without Bradley and Adu is going to be a tough task.

soonersn20xx
8/11/2008, 07:32 AM
China is 13 hours ahead of Texas.
Correct

China time is 11 hours ahead of CDT. So midnight here is 11am the next day there.Not so correct, midnight here is 1 pm the next day there.

colleyvillesooner
8/11/2008, 08:43 AM
Wonder where Jones was during that final leg? He showed up to the celebration 10-15 seconds after it ended.

Update: I talked to a woman at work who's son is a swimmer and said he probably ran to "warm down" real quick, where you jump in another pool and swim slower to cool your body down. That or he just went to dry off. ;)

illinisooner
8/11/2008, 08:53 AM
On NBCOlympics.com you can switch the times to whatever time zone you're in, at least on the TV listings page.

illinisooner
8/11/2008, 08:59 AM
yeah, the us wall looked like the berlin wall crashing down. had they stayed in place it wouldn't have had a chance of going in. i think they can get a point out of nigeria and will have a shot in the next round.

altidore is a machine. doesn't he play for roma now?

Altidore transferred to Villareal in Spain this summer, but he might still go on loan to get some PT. But yeah if the wall doesn't jump and it's put in the upper 90, we yell at someone for not jumping. I'm surprised more people don't do the free kick under the wall, as it seems to work more often than curling it over the wall. Actually, the Dutch player who scored said he was just blasting the ball and hoped it'd go in.

CatfishSooner
8/11/2008, 01:05 PM
screw the french...that was the best swimming relay I have ever seen and probably will be the best I ever do see...USA USA USA USA!!!!!!!!!!

JLEW1818
8/11/2008, 02:55 PM
Can anybody find me the 2004 4x400 track video?

silverwheels
8/11/2008, 03:18 PM
Handball has to be the lamest Olympic sport ever. It looks more like something that a bunch of drunk college students should be doing than Olympic athletes.

JLEW1818
8/11/2008, 03:22 PM
add beer pong

Scott D
8/11/2008, 05:52 PM
Handball has to be the lamest Olympic sport ever. It looks more like something that a bunch of drunk college students should be doing than Olympic athletes.

and just think, that game was one of the reasons Softball is no longer a medal sport.

olevetonahill
8/11/2008, 06:03 PM
I only watch the Gurls stuff . Cause Most of em a smokin :hot: and wear skimpy Outfits

tommieharris91
8/11/2008, 06:58 PM
I only watch the Gurls stuff . Cause Most of em a smokin :hot: and wear skimpy Outfits

Women's beach volleyball is on tonight. :hot:

olevetonahill
8/11/2008, 07:02 PM
Women's beach volleyball is on tonight. :hot:

Sweet ,what time ?
Cause Im a Perv and stuff :cool:

tommieharris91
8/11/2008, 07:24 PM
Sweet ,what time ?
Cause Im a Perv and stuff :cool:

8:00pm CDT, or 2000 CDT.

olevetonahill
8/11/2008, 07:26 PM
8:00pm CDT, or 2000 CDT.

well which one is it ????? Sheesh .

tommieharris91
8/11/2008, 09:58 PM
Phelps wins another gold. The US Swimming team wins 6 medals today, and Jonathan Horton is leading a surprising men's gymnastics team in the finals so far today.

Sooner98
8/11/2008, 10:27 PM
Atta kid, Horton! Excellent on the High Bar.

tommieharris91
8/11/2008, 10:33 PM
The US was winning man's gymnastics after 3 of 6 events. I can't see them giving up the lead after the performance on high bar.

sooner59
8/11/2008, 10:34 PM
Horton is a beast!

tommieharris91
8/11/2008, 10:36 PM
Horton is a beast!

Dude only won 3 team NCs here. I'm pissed at him for not winning the 4th.

colleyvillesooner
8/11/2008, 11:12 PM
The US was winning man's gymnastics after 3 of 6 events. I can't see them giving up the lead after the performance on high bar.

Dude, do you have the sound up on your TV? Or do you have the Lee Greenwood cranked to 11?

China passed the US and should cruise to the gold.

If the US can hang on to the silver, it would be huge.

tommieharris91
8/11/2008, 11:14 PM
Dude, do you have the sound up on your TV? Or do you have the Lee Greenwood cranked to 11?

China passed the US and should cruise to the gold.

If the US can hang on to the silver, it would be huge.

Yep I do. The Chinese guys just stepped it up another notch on that turn. Then we had a guy **** it up on the floor routine.

Paperclip
8/11/2008, 11:25 PM
Looks like Harold and Kumar on pommel horse might have cost us.

Collier11
8/11/2008, 11:40 PM
only mildly racist, but it looks like we have the Bronze locked up...stay tuned!

sooner59
8/11/2008, 11:42 PM
Hey after the Hamm brothers went out, im proud that Horton and our boys got the bronze. They worked their butts off.

Soonerus
8/12/2008, 12:03 AM
Yo for the bronze in men's ...that was awesome and without Horton it would have never happened..GO ...USA !!!!!!

Collier11
8/12/2008, 12:23 AM
The Olympics brings out the guts in everyone, Team USA is representing with Pride thus far

GrapevineSooner
8/12/2008, 05:11 PM
Looks like Harold and Kumar on pommel horse might have cost us.

Well, that's what we got for putting a couple of stoners up there.

Soonerus
8/12/2008, 11:53 PM
Michael Phelps, 11 golds medals, and counting, the most of all-time...we may never see this again in our lifetimes...

birddog
8/13/2008, 08:57 AM
damnit, the men's soccer team only needed a tie against nigeria to advance to the qfinals and they lost 2-1.

a red card in the 3rd minute didn't help things as we had to play a man down for 90 minutes. we had a chance to tie it in injury time but a header off a set piece hit the crossbar.

we always seem to make some stupid mistake that costs us, especially when we play african countries that play high pressure ball (see reyna's turnover in the last world cup against ghana).

we have some good talent but not good enough to overcome bad decisions in the midield.

illinisooner
8/13/2008, 09:59 AM
Ahh that game was so frustrating...it felt as if we were just hoping Japan would bail us out so we tried to play not to lose. Which was ridiculous, considering what the Dutch did to us (score in the last minute) and there was no reason to believe they could go scoreless for 90 mins and then get a goal in the dying seconds. For large portions of the game we sat back and knocked the ball around, and yeah Nigeria had a 1-0 lead, but they were vulnerable to counters, which we never did. I didn't understand not putting on Davies earlier, and taking out Altidore so early.

So what did we learn from this tournament? Guys like Freddy And Sascha need to be a part of the senior national team more often, as should Parkhurst and Edu. Rogers had the uncanny ability to show flashes of brilliance and then be horrible for the rest of the match. If Wynne ever learns how to cross and have some ball control, he's one of the best RB's around. It was a good experience for the guys, playing against Nigeria and Africa, which will help the senior team in the future.

For those who still need their soccer fix, but don't care to get it at odd hours of the night, Arsenal is playing FC Twente on the deuce today at 1:30.

badger
8/13/2008, 10:35 AM
How bout that Hoff? I really think she tired herself out of medal contention Tuesday with those two events that she barely missed medals in both.

Some people are insanely freakish like Phelps. Others should minimize their event count to ensure placing top-3 (or better yet, top-2 or top-top).

But, live and learn. She'll likely be back in four.

Paperclip
8/13/2008, 11:16 PM
Ouch! Did anyone see the Japanese guy fall off the rings?!

colleyvillesooner
8/13/2008, 11:30 PM
That could have been really bad. Like, break your neck, paralyzed bad.

Paperclip
8/13/2008, 11:37 PM
US had a no hitter through 7.2 vs. the Dutch. Just lost it, but lead the game 6-0.

Soonerus
8/13/2008, 11:41 PM
Ouch! Did anyone see the Japanese guy fall off the rings?!

Yes, and with that ridiculous fall he still got a 15.6 unbelievable...

Paperclip
8/13/2008, 11:42 PM

Well, to be fair, he did it faster and cheaper than an American could have done it.

colleyvillesooner
8/14/2008, 11:52 AM

Actually he got a 13.850, but don't let facts stand in the way of the great Asian conspiracy.

ousoonerfan
8/14/2008, 12:40 PM
Gibb & Rosenthal (Beach Volleyball) almost threw one away to the Japanese today. 3 sets.

Paperclip
8/14/2008, 01:23 PM
Actually he got a 13.850, but don't let facts stand in the way of the great Asian conspiracy.

15.200, actually.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/gymnastics/resultsandschedules/rsc=GAM024000/standings_allaround.html

Edit: actually, that was one of the Japanese guys. I don't know which one's which.

olevetonahill
8/14/2008, 01:28 PM

Buttercup Likes to make stuff up .:D

olevetonahill
8/14/2008, 01:29 PM
15.200, actually.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/gymnastics/resultsandschedules/rsc=GAM024000/standings_allaround.html

Edit: actually, that was one of the Japanese guys. I don't know which one's which.

Cause we ALL look alike to them .:D

colleyvillesooner
8/14/2008, 01:37 PM
15.200, actually.

Yeah, that was the other one. He got a 13.275 on the Horse cause he fell off...twice.

olevetonahill
8/14/2008, 01:43 PM
Yeah, that was the other one. He got a 13.275 on the Horse cause he fell off...twice.

I got a .14 last time I fell off the wagon .:D

Scott D
8/14/2008, 02:06 PM
like you were ever on the wagon you lush :)

olevetonahill
8/14/2008, 02:12 PM
like you were ever on the wagon you lush :)

You Misunderstood me . I really did Fall off of a wagon :O

Scott D
8/14/2008, 02:18 PM
yeah, back when the wheels were still chipped out of rocks :)

olevetonahill
8/14/2008, 02:21 PM
yeah, back when the wheels were still chipped out of rocks :)

Those were carts

tommieharris91
8/14/2008, 02:35 PM
More child labor abuses by China?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080814/ap_on_sp_ol/oly_gym_underage_chinese

Paperclip
8/14/2008, 11:16 PM
Some suspect judging tonight for the girls.

SoonerDood
8/14/2008, 11:28 PM
Some??
The commentator says, "I can't explain the judging."
I can. We're getting hosed.

Paperclip
8/14/2008, 11:30 PM
There's definitely some home stir-frying going on.

olevetonahill
8/14/2008, 11:45 PM
WE should Nuke em .

Scott D
8/14/2008, 11:50 PM
psst..they got teh nukez also.

Paperclip
8/14/2008, 11:56 PM
Sweet! Way to go girls!

Sooner98
8/15/2008, 12:07 AM
Gold/Silver. Suck it, commies! Enjoy listening to our national anthem played in your arena!

GottaHavePride
8/15/2008, 12:09 AM
America! **** YEAH!

olevetonahill
8/15/2008, 12:10 AM
psst..they got teh nukez also.

Oh **** I forgots :O
Well we all shouldnt eat anymore Chink food then . Hows that ?;) i

tommieharris91
8/15/2008, 01:39 AM
Oh **** I forgots :O
Well we all shouldnt eat anymore Chink food then . Hows that ?;) i

But all of our food is made by Chinese people... ohh wait all our food is made by Mexicans, nevermind...

olevetonahill
8/15/2008, 04:39 AM
But all of our food is made by Chinese people... ohh wait all our food is Picked by Mexicans, nevermind...
Fixed :D

mfosterftw
8/15/2008, 08:45 AM
NBC's Olympics coverage tops but drops (http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/08/nbcs-olympics-c.html)

Yeah, we got tired of beach volleyball every night...

GrapevineSooner
8/15/2008, 09:34 AM
NBC's Olympics coverage tops but drops (http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/08/nbcs-olympics-c.html)

Yeah, we got tired of beach volleyball every night...

Well, the comments are funny.

Especially from the 'I haven't watched one second of the Olympics because I'm boycotting China.'

OKC-SLC
8/15/2008, 09:17 PM
Michael Phelps is one sick mofo.

Sooner98
8/15/2008, 09:20 PM
I can't believe what I just witnessed. Even up until the last half stroke, I didn't think he had a chance.

olevetonahill
8/15/2008, 09:27 PM
I can't believe what I just witnessed. Even up until the last half stroke, I didn't think he had a chance.

You watching a Guy Stroke and you couldnt believe the ending ?

OKC-SLC
8/15/2008, 09:35 PM

the last 15 meters or so you could see him catching him. i couldn't believe it, but i just knew Phelps was gonna win.

That dude is sick.

JLEW1818
8/15/2008, 09:37 PM
haha Vet.

Phelps ya wow, I thought he lost. WOW

OKC-SLC
8/15/2008, 09:40 PM
they just said the Serbian dude's coach is filing a protest.

what a bitch.

GrapevineSooner
8/15/2008, 09:41 PM
Dear Serbia,

Your swimmer tried to stretch his way to the gold and failed by 1 hundredth of a second.

In the words of Mark Cuban, "Ohhhh, Tooo Baaaaadd."

tulsaoilerfan
8/15/2008, 09:47 PM
they just said the Serbian dude's coach is filing a protest.

what a bitch.

Don't know what they are protesting; looks like Phelps out touched him to me

tulsaoilerfan
8/15/2008, 09:52 PM
Protest denied; suck it Serbs!!

OKC-SLC
8/15/2008, 09:53 PM
yeah, the Serbian dude tried to coast in and Phelps sneaked in a part of another stroke.

that's what winners do, Serbia.

and they announced that the protest is being denied.

OKC-SLC
8/15/2008, 09:54 PM
Take that, other countries.

Blue
8/15/2008, 09:58 PM
It did look like he lost. I wonder why no underwater shots in slow mo? Way to go anyway.

bri
8/16/2008, 12:42 AM
'Cause underwater slo-mo shots might have shown that the Serb dude won, and f*ck that noise. :D

GottaHavePride
8/16/2008, 12:57 AM
Other dude was coasting in, and Phelps was in the middle of a final stroke, so he touched with more force than the other guy, so the sensors registered Michael Phelps first. That's what happens when you try to coast in like a *****.

colleyvillesooner
8/16/2008, 01:01 AM
The Serbian delegation filed a protest, but conceded that Phelps won after reviewing the tape provided by FINA, swimming's governing body. USA Swimming spokeswoman Jamie Olson said the tape was slowed to one frame every 10-thousandth of a second to make sure Phelps actually touched first.

It was impossible to tell on regular-speed replays.

"We filed the protest but it is already over," said Branislav Jevtic, Serbia's chief of mission for all sports. "They examined the video and I think the case is closed. The video says [Phelps] finished first.

"In my opinion, it's not right, but we must follow the rules. Everybody saw what happened."

FINA referee Ben Ekumbo of Kenya said there was no doubt who won after a review of the super-slow replay.

"It was very clear that the Serbian swimmer touched second after Michael Phelps," he said. "One was stroking and one was gliding."

Heh.

Now where'd I put my "Serbia Glides" T-Shirt....

colleyvillesooner
8/16/2008, 01:10 AM
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/220/olygphelps8sw412gg0.jpg

GrapevineSooner
8/16/2008, 10:31 AM
And in the most shocking news of these Olympics...

Jason Kidd has finally taken a shot.

AND SCORED!!!

tulsaoilerfan
8/16/2008, 11:53 AM
Heh.

Now where'd I put my "Serbia Glides" T-Shirt....

What part does the Serbian guy not think is right? I'm confused on that for sure

mfosterftw
8/16/2008, 08:51 PM
'Cause underwater slo-mo shots might have shown that the Serb dude won, and f*ck that noise. :D

The other issue is that the underwater cam is at an oblique perspective and doesn't always reflect the winner

royalfan5
8/16/2008, 10:50 PM
Holy hell, Bolt is ****ing fast.

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 10:52 PM
Holy hell, Bolt is ****ing fast.

...and he coasted the final 15 meters!

tommieharris91
8/16/2008, 10:56 PM
Why didn't we recruit him for football?

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 10:58 PM
The Chinese chicks that escort the medal winners to and from the podium are pretty hawt...

just sayin

mfosterftw
8/16/2008, 11:15 PM
...and he coasted the final 15 meters!

I screamed "holy $h!t, he just waltzed into the end zone!!!"

mfosterftw
8/16/2008, 11:16 PM
The Chinese chicks that escort the medal winners to and from the podium are pretty hawt...

just sayin

You should watch the stage awards at the Tour de France.

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 11:17 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200804/r239012_966429.jpg

Form-fitting basketball uniforms? I just saw these on TV and couldn't believe it. I gotta say they just don't look right on a basketball court.

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 11:18 PM
You should watch the stage awards at the Tour de France.

I have seen that, and I know what you're saying, but I have a thing for hawt Asian chicks.

colleyvillesooner
8/16/2008, 11:25 PM
you should move in with Beef.

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 11:26 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/03/23/baskmarino3_gallery__297x400,0.jpg

The two-tone version is even worse!

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 11:27 PM
you should move in with Beef.

Are you saying Beef has a thing for hawt Asian chicks?

...or is Beef a hawt Asian chick? :D

Curly Bill
8/16/2008, 11:35 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dZZdb35xDaAW/340x.jpg

...and even worse is the two-tone with the trim.

Blue
8/17/2008, 12:27 AM
Is Phil Knight sponsoring the Australian Team? :D

Sooner04
8/17/2008, 12:33 AM
Aborigines and Aggies are the only two races dumb enough to ever be caught dead in form-fitting uniforms. Think I'm kidding?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/nugget76er/1989uniforms02.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/nugget76er/1989uniforms04.jpg

JLEW1818
8/17/2008, 12:48 AM
Sorry guys Phelps is just a freak. I don't think we will see another guy like him in sometime.

colleyvillesooner
8/17/2008, 09:12 AM
Are you saying Beef has a thing for hawt Asian chicks?

...or is Beef a hawt Asian chick? :D

Let's just say Beef's not the only one who lives there...

CatfishSooner
8/17/2008, 11:52 AM
errrrrrrrrr...

Bolt fastern shiattttttttt

royalfan5
8/17/2008, 03:19 PM
At least we will get one medal in boxing. This year's team has been a flop of epic proportions except for the surprising run by Wilder.

Sooner98
8/17/2008, 09:38 PM
So, Sacramone lands both vaults on her feet, and places fourth, leaving her off the medal stand.

Meanwhile, the Chinese girl lands on her knees, and gets a bronze medal.

Awesome.

GottaHavePride
8/17/2008, 11:11 PM
Bela Karolyi was PISSED about that.

Paperclip
8/18/2008, 09:04 AM
****Spoiler warning. Results that won't be broadcast until tonight.****

Another screwy deal today as Nastia gets the same score as a Chinese girl on uneven bars, but has to settle for silver because of a goofy tie-breaker.

bri
8/18/2008, 04:39 PM
Um, yeah (http://withleather.uproxx.com/post.phtml?pk=6677).

Gah.

Collier11
8/18/2008, 05:00 PM
looks alot like those pics of your first college date Bri

tommieharris91
8/18/2008, 05:23 PM

Gah.

The wrestlers where I went to high school called that the "5-star". All of them were dudes. :eek:

bri
8/18/2008, 10:11 PM
The wrestlers where I went to high school called that the "5-star". All of them were dudes. :eek:

The fact that they have a name for that is yet another compelling reason I'm glad I played basketball.

Blerg.

Soonerus
8/18/2008, 11:26 PM
Chinese home cooking gets more acute tonight in women's uneven bars...pathetic..

GottaHavePride
8/18/2008, 11:28 PM
Blame the Australian judge.

That's the most retarded tiebreaker rule ever. Not the Chinese girl's fault - she did a great routine. They just should have BOTH got gold medals.

Soonerus
8/18/2008, 11:30 PM
Blame the Australian judge.

That's the most retarded tiebreaker rule ever. Not the Chinese girl's fault - she did a great routine. They just should have BOTH got gold medals.

Chinese dismount was inferior, clearly... step over...geezzzz...

Blue
8/18/2008, 11:33 PM
And since when does China kick everyones azz in Weightlifting! My stereotypes are not holding up.

I say we bomb them.

Soonerus
8/18/2008, 11:36 PM
Chinese cheating and still not winning the medal count...

JLEW1818
8/18/2008, 11:45 PM
Chicahodonlondsboa. That guy is on team china

colleyvillesooner
8/19/2008, 12:20 AM
Chinese cheating and still not winning the medal count...

they're down by 5 total, but ahead in Golds by 17.

That's pretty impressive. 8 of our 22 golds come from 1 dude.

Soonerus
8/19/2008, 12:23 AM
they're down by 5 total, but ahead in Golds by 17.

That's pretty impressive. 8 of our 22 golds come from 1 dude.

Yet, a lot of their golds have come from home-cooking...

Blue
8/19/2008, 12:39 AM
They own in Gymnastics, Diving, Weightlifting, Ping Pong, Badminton, ...what am I forgetting?

They may have ping pong, but we have "long dong." Yes that was bad.

birddog
8/19/2008, 10:21 AM
http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/player.html?assetid=0818_sd_bbm_rc_ce281&channelcode=sportbb

heated bball battle between us and china.

Sooner98
8/19/2008, 12:52 PM
...what am I forgetting?

Trampoline.

BTW, they have a guy in trampoline named Dong Dong. Seriously.

CatfishSooner
8/19/2008, 02:17 PM
haha I saw Dong Dong...who in the hell would name their kid that?

GrapevineSooner
8/19/2008, 10:13 PM
Trampoline.

BTW, they have a guy in trampoline named Dong Dong. Seriously.

And Canada had somebody named Cockburn.

Now pertaining to Dong Dong, his name probably doesn't mean in Chinese what it obviously means in English.

Cockburn, however...

tommieharris91
8/19/2008, 11:04 PM
Horton's routine was awesome, but it wasn't as well executed as the Chinese guy's. He just didn't stick the landing.

Soonerus
8/19/2008, 11:21 PM
Horton's routine was awesome...surprise the Chinese guy gets .025 higher for the gold...

proud gonzo
8/20/2008, 01:07 AM

Gah.omg, some of the comments under that

Choose Your Own Adventure, Ali Bernard:

While you're wrestling in the Olympic quarterfinals, China's Wang Jiao has just jammed her middle finger into your rectum!

If you ignore it and wrestle normally, turn to page 43.

If you get angry and scream "WANG JIAO!!!", turn to page 55.

If you get turned on and want to experiment orally, turn to page 69.

bri
8/20/2008, 01:38 AM
"....nope, car keys aren't in there..."

Awesome. :D

Ton Loc
8/20/2008, 08:12 AM
Update for those of you who are actually working:

US basketball team is absolutely crushing the Aussies by 23 at the beginning of the 3rd.

RacerX
8/20/2008, 09:15 AM
I think Bolt is dirty.

That time is unreal. Ben Johnson unreal.

bri
8/20/2008, 09:23 AM
Nothing worse than a dirty Bolt.

Chuck Bao
8/20/2008, 03:29 PM
Bwahahahahaaaaaaa.

Sorry. Carry on. :D

Suck on the big one, GHP!

Thailand got a silver medal yesterday when Buttree Puedpong narrowly lost in the finals to China's Wu Jingyu in taekwondo.

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/kanunu/r2636161373.jpg

And, then Thailand is guaranteed a least a bronze in boxing with Somjit Jongjohor’s win the quarter finals of the flyweight quarter-finals.

mfosterftw
8/20/2008, 04:29 PM
Here's a different camera angle (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/774511cc7a) of Phelp's narrow win... guaranteed to put some frosting on your corn flakes...

GottaHavePride
8/20/2008, 07:29 PM
Suck on the big one, GHP!

What, you mean the girl that lifted 95kg in the snatch? Girl must be strong in the snatch. I would never belittle an athlete's efforts in the snatch.

GottaHavePride
8/20/2008, 09:24 PM
Holy ****. Usain Bolt is FAST.

royalfan5
8/20/2008, 09:54 PM
Is it wrong that I keep expecting a diver to do a Greg Louganis off of the platform?

GottaHavePride
8/20/2008, 10:00 PM
Off the platform would be way worse than off the board. The platform doesn't flex. Any. And you have farther to fall.

OKC-SLC
8/20/2008, 10:13 PM
Is it wrong that I keep expecting a diver to do a Greg Louganis off of the platform?

seriously, it always looks so close.

OU-HSV
8/20/2008, 10:29 PM

I thought a bit ago that one of those 3 foot tall 40 pound Asian chicks got really close to hitting her head

tulsaoilerfan
8/20/2008, 11:02 PM
Walsh and May are pretty damn good :)

tulsaoilerfan
8/20/2008, 11:03 PM
Beach volleyball, rain, and hot chicks in white bikinis; that was pretty damn awesome!!!!!!:)

olevetonahill
8/20/2008, 11:12 PM
What, you mean the girl that lifted 95kg in the snatch? Girl must be strong in the snatch. I would never belittle an athlete's efforts in the snatch.

I think a snatch like that would skeer herman into hidin :eek:

sooner59
8/21/2008, 12:54 AM
Phelps=Amazing
Bolt=Insane

Fugue
8/21/2008, 08:36 AM
This isn't a blanket statement as we have had some great performances over there but the US team this year doesn't have something. Many mistakes in track, unbelievable gold medal losses etc... @#$% :gary:

GrapevineSooner
8/21/2008, 10:02 AM
US and Brazil were scoreless through 90 minutes.

Then Carli Lloyd just scored a goal in the 7th minute of extra time. 1-nil, US.

Fugue
8/21/2008, 10:44 AM
This isn't a blanket statement as we have had some great performances over there but the US team this year doesn't have something. Many mistakes in track, unbelievable gold medal losses etc... @#$% :gary:

"Nice post, doosh."

signed,

US Soccer Chicks

:D

tommieharris91
8/21/2008, 10:56 AM

But the softball team drops their gold medal game and makes this post look a little better.

SoonerStormchaser
8/21/2008, 10:58 AM
More like the softball team CHOKED...they looked like they were sleepwalking and had the game in the bag...

WTG...maroons. (But Jenni Finch is still HAWT!!!)

royalfan5
8/21/2008, 11:06 AM
But the softball team drops their gold medal game and makes this post look a little better.

They probably threw it as an argument to keep softball as an Olympic sport because they had been too dominant.

bri
8/21/2008, 11:36 AM
Yeah, nothing like getting a sport cancelled 'cause you win all the time, then fail to win the last gold medal they ever give. D'OH!