PDA

View Full Version : Stoops on the Dan Patrick show

primetime43
8/7/2008, 07:29 AM
Bob Stoops is supposed to be on the Dan Patrick show today.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/

Boomer.....
8/7/2008, 09:09 AM
On right now.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2008, 09:23 AM
good interview for the coach...Jarboe not a bad kid, made bad decisions...never showed violent behavior...multiple seminars giving showing these athletes how they need to carry themselves...said it was a painful decision but Jarboe understood it

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2008, 09:25 AM
DP asked him if OU was a top 5 team and he said I hope so, but I haven't seen anybody else play...

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2008, 09:31 AM
This caller from Tallahassee just said a Florida St WR was arrested for having weed and a gun in his car and he was suspended 2 games

OUMallen
8/7/2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the updates.

badger
8/7/2008, 09:57 AM
MOAR UPDATES!!!!1!

:D

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2008, 10:02 AM
DP asked Stoops a hypothetical question about Jarboe and would he have been booted if there was no prior incident, to which Stoops said it wasn't a fair question because every situation is different..DP agreed that the question wasn't fair and said afterwards he shouldn't have asked the question...I was thinking if that was one of the writers of the local paper asking it and Stoops didn't answer, they woulda wrote an article on Stoops dodging questions and never admitted to asking a bad question

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2008, 10:03 AM
it was a 5 minute interview..thats all the MOAR I GOTS

sooneron
8/7/2008, 10:05 AM
Did he say "certainly" or "in a good way"?

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2008, 10:08 AM
probably 3 to 1's as far as certainly's to in a good way's

birddog
8/7/2008, 10:11 AM
"i certainly saw that video and i certainly asked if he practiced that rap in a good way and after listening to his response, certainly, he thought the record company was making a video for YO! MTV raps."

sooner518
8/7/2008, 11:29 AM
if you missed it, you can certainly still listen to it online at that website. in a good way.

Wow, the first question DP asks is about Favre. Shoot me now

badger
8/7/2008, 11:53 AM
if you missed it, you can certainly still listen to it online at that website. in a good way.

Wow, the first question DP asks is about Favre. Shoot me now

What a freakin' surprise. Mr. ESPN (I know he no longer works there, but that's how he made a name for himself) asks about ESPN-hardon topic, Favre.

Normally I would make a joke here about the Jets never making headlines for their quarterbacks recently, but then we all remember how this made headlines:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HQqIQyT-RuM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HQqIQyT-RuM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I am so sick of ESPN that any mention of Favre and the Jets from here on out will get the following response:

I couldn't care less about the team strugg-ah-linngg.

Because really, I couldn't care less about the Jets right now :mad:

picasso
8/7/2008, 03:20 PM
Did he say "certainly" or "in a great way"?
fixed

bringit
8/7/2008, 06:08 PM
"i certainly saw that video and i certainly asked if he practiced that rap in a good way and after listening to his response, certainly, he thought the record company was making a video for YO! MTV raps."

you must be like REALLY old like me with the YO MTV raps reference...

so, your "location info" is pretty close to being offensive. What's up with that?

OKC-SLC
8/7/2008, 08:18 PM
good interview, no question.

SCOUT
8/7/2008, 09:44 PM
What a freakin' surprise. Mr. ESPN (I know he no longer works there, but that's how he made a name for himself) asks about ESPN-hardon topic, Favre.

I am so sick of ESPN that any mention of Favre and the Jets from here on out will get the following response:

I couldn't care less about the team strugg-ah-linngg.

Did something happen with Brett Favre? I thought he retired after last season. I checked ESPN and the NFL network but they didn't mention it at all.

That video is epically awesome BTW. :D

goingoneight
8/8/2008, 12:25 AM
Again, I think it's fair to say that in the end, Coach Stoops conducted himself in a solid manner and answered questions in a great way.

:D

birddog
8/8/2008, 06:46 AM
you must be like REALLY old like me with the YO MTV raps reference...

so, your "location info" is pretty close to being offensive. What's up with that?

nothing offensive, just a reference to neg spekking.:D

OU-HSV
8/8/2008, 08:08 AM

Normally I would make a joke here about the Jets never making headlines for their quarterbacks recently, but then we all remember how this made headlines......

I remember when this happened, it was so funny to watch.
Maybe they need to do B.A.C. tests before sideline interviews

Pricetag
8/8/2008, 02:16 PM
Did Dan Patrick have the cajones to say what he was saying before and after the interview, that he didn't think the decision was Bob's? I heard the lead up on the way into work, but then didn't get to hear any of the interview until later, and only a part then. Patrick was talking to another reporter this morning about players in trouble and stuff, and he said it again.