PDA

View Full Version : Do QB's say hut anymore?

setem
8/6/2008, 10:35 PM
I only hear them saying Go these days...

Thoughts?

soonermix
8/6/2008, 10:48 PM
i bet Jared Lorenzen said Pizza HUT HUT HUT once or twice

setem
8/6/2008, 11:04 PM

I...look...like...jabba..thehut hut hut!:D

GottaHavePride
8/6/2008, 11:20 PM
Heh. Pillsbury Throw Boy.

olevetonahill
8/6/2008, 11:35 PM
Heh. Pillsbury Throw Boy.

Damn it GHP
Now I got to get another Beer :D

Shneeg11
8/6/2008, 11:38 PM
I think it's a personal preference thing b/c some still say hit, and I would venture to say that a few still say hut

GottaHavePride
8/6/2008, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I remember when the dudes on SportsCenter called him that one. They were on a roll that day.

Fraggle145
8/7/2008, 01:23 AM

I have always heard hit or go...

BTW... http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

Okla-homey
8/7/2008, 05:31 AM
waaay back there, they said "Hike!"

Hot Rod
8/7/2008, 07:18 AM
I still hear the QBs on Tecmo Bowl say "HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT". You'd think they lose their voices by the end of the game.

Chuck Bao
8/7/2008, 08:05 AM
I never understood that hut...hut...hut...hut thing.

When I played center in junior high I could never remember the snap count because I have very little short-term memory. Besides that, a nose tackle talking to me during the snap count would make me lose count, if I did somehow manage to remember it.

Now, if the count was on red, yellow, green, blue, black. I could have remembered the correct color and not worry about counting.

It's a bit too late to offer that suggestion, but there it is.

StoopTroup
8/7/2008, 08:23 AM
At Georgia...do they say Mutt?

Tulsa_Fireman
8/7/2008, 08:37 AM
At the University of Texas, they say "BUTT BUTT BUTT!"

Pricetag
8/7/2008, 01:22 PM
waaay back there, they said "Hike!"
Preceded by "Hup one! Hup two!. . .," right?

badger
8/7/2008, 01:35 PM
They do in the NFL, but OU qb's have only been saying "Go" since PT I think.

royalfan5
8/7/2008, 01:50 PM
It's usually stems from whatever the OC likes. Some will use hut, some will use numbers (100, 200), some will use others. It really comes from whatever lexicon the OC has drawn up because you have to have consistent words with consistent meaning to successfully initiate a play.

setem
8/7/2008, 02:56 PM
When I was in school we used colors and numbers and key words along with the regular hut or hit or go.

Example: Black 12 Black 12 set hut!

Star 33 Star 33 HUT!

We had a silent count and the QB let them know in the huddle.

I knew a little about it but I was on the other side of the ball in school so.

We had a pretty good drill we would do at the end of practice. Everyone crowded around the QB and our coach and coach would give us a count and we would have to clap in correct count. We if we f'ed up then we did more conditioning. My junior year the O never got a penalty for false starts.

Good times good times!

picasso
8/7/2008, 03:31 PM
ah yes, junior high QB days. We'd get tricky at times and call a ply on 2. that means Hut Hut. I had to remind the guys twice.

Jacie
8/7/2008, 03:37 PM
I am saying yes some do as a way to get the defense to jump offside.

During a Cowboys game I saw Aikman get flagged for false start because during the snap count he was going "Hut, hut, hut" and bobbing his head at the same time. Troy was saying he hadn't moved, just jerked his head a little. The official's mike was on when he yelled back at him, "You were jerking the s**t out it!"

AllAboutThe'O'
8/7/2008, 04:02 PM
I still hear the QBs on Tecmo Bowl say "HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT". You'd think they lose their voices by the end of the game.

Apparently they still say that in the newer version of Tecmo Bowl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8czL-3QeaI8