PDA

View Full Version : No Coach Stoops On Meet The Fans Day...

r5TPsooner
8/5/2008, 07:31 PM
tomorrow. he will be attending the Bobby Murcer funeral.

Bummer but understandable.

goingoneight
8/5/2008, 08:53 PM
How long has Murcer been dead now? Hasn't it been like a long time since he passed?

In any event, no biggie... it's not like it's a game or anything. Let the man pay his respects.

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/5/2008, 08:57 PM
I swear, I'm not trying to be insensitive (plus, I'm not even going to Meet the Sooners day, so his absence affects me in no way whatsoever), but didn't Murcer die like, a month ago? Why such a delayed funeral?

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/5/2008, 08:59 PM
How long has Murcer been dead now? Hasn't it been like a long time since he passed?

Didn't see that...opened a new window trying to find out why, and didn't see the update before I posted.

r5TPsooner
8/5/2008, 09:00 PM
Had me scratching my head too.

Paperclip
8/5/2008, 11:54 PM
It's a public memorial service. Not necessarily the same thing as a funeral.

KingDavid
8/6/2008, 12:06 AM
It's a public memorial service. Not necessarily the same thing as a funeral.

Yep.

Boomer.....
8/6/2008, 07:32 AM
Stoops to skip autograph session

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) -- Fans hoping to get an autograph from Oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops at the "Meet the Sooners" day Wednesday will have to wait a little longer.

Stoops is planning to skip the event for autograph seekers so he can attend a memorial service for former New York Yankees outfielder and broadcaster Bobby Murcer.

Stoops instead plans to sign autographs for about two hours following a Friday morning practice that is open to the public.

That practice is scheduled to run from 9 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. on the rugby fields east of the Lloyd Noble Center basketball arena.

Other Sooners coaches and players are still expected to go through the fan appreciation day Wednesday morning.