PDA

View Full Version : Well, how do you tell your mother

OUHOMER
8/5/2008, 07:28 PM
PLEASE, NO more cooking. :( , Mom used to be a hell of a cook.

I moved her in with us due to her health and financial needs. We moved upstairs and gave her the master bedroom because she can not climb the stairs.

She seems to think she needs to wash all the clothes and cook dinner. But she has lost the art of cooking.

I am going to have to tell her sooner or later,but I just dont have the heart.

I may have to sneak off to Sonic. :eek:

Tulsa_Fireman
8/5/2008, 07:39 PM
Simple.

Make a picture out of some food.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/neverkneo/poo.jpg

Okla-homey
8/5/2008, 07:53 PM
I don't care what you tell her, but you bloody well better not hurt her feelings. That woman carried you, punched you out of her body amid great pain, changed your diapers and laid awake at night worrying about you when you were sick. She would still take a bullet for you without complaining.

It wouldn't hurt you one bit to fake it. then sneak out to Sonic after she falls asleep in her chair during Jeopardy

BTW, good on you for helping her out. Muey bueno.

Turd_Ferguson
8/5/2008, 07:56 PM
Have some damned respect! Cherish your Mom while you have her.

olevetonahill
8/5/2008, 07:59 PM
Homer I think they are saying you Need
TO Eat **** and die ?:eek:
Really Just make sure someone is with her in the Kitchen to toss In the ingredients she forgot

OUHOMER
8/5/2008, 08:00 PM
You don't understand, I am hungry, And TFireman she taught not to play with my food.:D

Turd_Ferguson
8/5/2008, 08:00 PM
Really Just make sure someone is with her in the Kitchen to toss In the ingredients she forgotWhat he said!!!:D

Frozen Sooner
8/5/2008, 08:01 PM
"Mom, we really appreciate that you want to cook for us, but you took care of me for 18 years-let us repay you by taking care of you.

"Plus, your casserole tastes of warm butt."

Tulsa_Fireman
8/5/2008, 08:02 PM
Can you be more specific?

How is she stinkin' it up in the kitchen? Added nonsense ingredients? Excessive/insufficient ingredient adds? Off the wall meal planning? Poor technique (things like panfrying a brisket 5 minutes a side)?

OUHOMER
8/5/2008, 08:03 PM
Really Just make sure someone is with her in the Kitchen to toss In the ingredients she forgot

I have been eating **** and i am about to die. Thats the point of this thread:eek: :D

Tulsa_Fireman
8/5/2008, 08:06 PM
Challenge her to a match in the Thunderdome.

http://www.ski-epic.com/burningman2005/pa7s_burningman_thunderdome.jpg

olevetonahill
8/5/2008, 08:06 PM
I have been eating **** and i am about to die. Thats the point of this thread:eek: :D

Then Can you not just make sure someones in the Kitchen with her ?

OUHOMER
8/5/2008, 08:09 PM
Can you be more specific?

How is she stinkin' it up in the kitchen? Added nonsense ingredients? Excessive/insufficient ingredient adds? Off the wall meal planning? Poor technique (things like panfrying a brisket 5 minutes a side)?

She used to make the best Shepard Pie you ever ate. White fluffy mashed potatoes on top. It came out with a brownish red stuff on top.

sometimes it like she decides at 2 pm to cook dinner, has it ready by 3pm and lets it sit in grease until we get home at 6 pm.

She made tacos tonight, again started it at 3 pm the meat sat in grease and taco seasoning until 6:30 pm

She tries to give the wife a break, be appreciate the effort, but for the Love of god, I have to make her stop:O

Turd_Ferguson
8/5/2008, 08:12 PM
"The pecan's are good in this casserole", "baby that's not pecan's, that's cockroach's....they must've crawled in when she had the oven open":D

OUHOMER
8/5/2008, 08:12 PM
Then Can you not just make sure someones in the Kitchen with her ?

She starts before we get home. I am thinking about throwing the breaker to the stove when I leave for work... yea thats the ticket:D

olevetonahill
8/5/2008, 08:13 PM
How old is she Bro ?
Does she have early onset alzheimer's ?
Maybe a trip to the Doc is More in order .

olevetonahill
8/5/2008, 08:14 PM
She starts before we get home. I am thinking about throwing the breaker to the stove when I leave for work... yea thats the ticket:D

Now that Might work :D

OUHOMER
8/5/2008, 08:15 PM
How old is she Bro ?
Does she have early onset alzheimer's ?
Maybe a trip to the Doc is More in order .

I think I need you to come over and baby sit. She will drink you under the table. That might be the problem she likes to have a nip now and again;)

You might get lucky:D

Tulsa_Fireman
8/5/2008, 08:20 PM
Nothing against your dearest mother, but if she's tanking in the kitchen from what was once all-star status, there could be more going on than simple health issues and finances. Though not deficient to debilitation, she may be slipping a bit mentally with her age, hence the decrease in kitchen performance and the odd times she's putting vittles on the table. To me, the poor cooking ain't a red flag for crappy dinner, it's a red flag for mama's safety.

Especially since she's making an effort at working in the kitchen, the number one point of origin for incidental fires in the home.

If your lovely mother can't even nail down that dinner throws down at 6:00, God bless her, what's stopping her from leaving an unlit burner on? Letting a dishrag get a tad bit too close to a burner? Letting a pot burn down dry and catch fire? Fry grease too hot and a flash?

It's gonna be a hard conversation to have, but personally, the approach isn't bad food. It's the risk of your mama burning down the house. Possibly with her in it. Sad days for the son of a proud woman in the kitchen, but at this point, from what I've been able to glean from your statements, you better have that conversation soon.

For HER health and welfare, not your satisfied belly.

olevetonahill
8/5/2008, 08:21 PM
I think I need you to come over and baby sit. She will drink you under the table. That might be the problem she likes to have a nip now and again;)

You might get lucky:D

Just how Old a Gal is she ?
Remember I aint SSC :P

AlbqSooner
8/5/2008, 08:23 PM
My grandma went through this. She made the best pecan pie ever. When she got older she came to Sunday dinner at our house and because I was home from college she brought a pecan pie. After dinner when it was served, we realized that she had shelled the pecans, thrown out the nut meats and put the crushed shells in the pie. I ate every bite. God Bless her.

OUHOMER
8/5/2008, 08:28 PM
Nothing against your dearest mother, but if she's tanking in the kitchen from what was once all-star status, there could be more going on than simple health issues and finances. Though not deficient to debilitation, she may be slipping a bit mentally with her age, hence the decrease in kitchen performance and the odd times she's putting vittles on the table. To me, the poor cooking ain't a red flag for crappy dinner, it's a red flag for mama's safety.

Especially since she's making an effort at working in the kitchen, the number one point of origin for incidental fires in the home.

If your lovely mother can't even nail down that dinner throws down at 6:00, God bless her, what's stopping her from leaving an unlit burner on? Letting a dishrag get a tad bit too close to a burner? Letting a pot burn down dry and catch fire? Fry grease too hot and a flash?

It's gonna be a hard conversation to have, but personally, the approach isn't bad food. It's the risk of your mama burning down the house. Possibly with her in it. Sad days for the son of a proud woman in the kitchen, but at this point, from what I've been able to glean from your statements, you better have that conversation soon.

It actually is a concern, today she popped something in the microwave and forgot about it. So yes the talk is coming and coming fast. I just have to step lightly and find the right opening.

olevetonahill
8/5/2008, 08:32 PM

I said a trip to the Doc
You Sir just Put it Much better than I
Good Jorb

Tulsa_Fireman
8/5/2008, 08:35 PM
Just be honest. Your mama deserves nothing less.

Sit down, this is what we need to talk about, I love you mama but we've noticed some concerns. I want us all to be safe and enjoy our time together, not try to recover from a simple accident that could result in losing you. You won't take that risk, I won't take that risk, let alone with someone as important as you, mama. No way.

Appreciate your helping, and there ARE things around the house if you absolutely MUST contribute, but leave the cooking to us. I just can't live with the possibility of what may happen.

Get the tears out, the hard feelings, bang bang, problem solved.

olevetonahill
8/5/2008, 08:41 PM
Just be honest. Your mama deserves nothing less.

Sit down, this is what we need to talk about, I love you mama but we've noticed some concerns. I want us all to be safe and enjoy our time together, not try to recover from a simple accident that could result in losing you. You won't take that risk, I won't take that risk, let alone with someone as important as you, mama. No way.

Appreciate your helping, and there ARE things around the house if you absolutely MUST contribute, but leave the cooking to us. I just can't live with the possibility of what may happen.

Get the tears out, the hard feelings, bang bang, problem solved.

You in the wrong Field there Bro
Hell you made MY EYES wet :eek:
spek

Tulsa_Fireman
8/5/2008, 08:44 PM
Is this where I fart or post a picture of some boobies or something to bring the board back to reality? :D

olevetonahill
8/5/2008, 08:51 PM
Is this where I fart or post a picture of some boobies or something to bring the board back to reality? :D

I would say PUll MY finger , But at My age I just cant trust a Fart anymore :O

Tulsa_Fireman
8/5/2008, 08:53 PM
Speaking of...

There's a lil' rumble south of the border. Better go take the Browns to the Superbowl.

olevetonahill
8/6/2008, 02:20 AM
My grandma went through this. She made the best pecan pie ever. When she got older she came to Sunday dinner at our house and because I was home from college she brought a pecan pie. After dinner when it was served, we realized that she had shelled the pecans, thrown out the nut meats and put the crushed shells in the pie. I ate every bite. God Bless her.

WINNER
spek Bro

olevetonahill
8/6/2008, 02:22 AM
It actually is a concern, today she popped something in the microwave and forgot about it. So yes the talk is coming and coming fast. I just have to step lightly and find the right opening.

Bro Just talk to her ok ?
Maybe a trip to Docs office But without Fail do it with LOVE ;)