PDA

View Full Version : Hamster Death Part Two or Five or Whatever: Rodentia Strikes Back

Viking Kitten
8/5/2008, 05:21 PM
Did you guys know hamsters are some of the most territorial animals on the planet? You know I know this?

THE STORY OF BONGO AND ROY

Part One: Our New Pets

Czar and I had been dating a few months and had just moved into his first apartment. He and his roommate decided to get a couple of hamsters for pets since the complex didn't allow dogs. We went and got two brothers. We named them Bongo and Roy. They were so cute, scurrying around their little cage.

Part Two: Too Much Love to Share With Just Two Hamsters!

One evening, as Bongo and Roy scurried, we thought it would be fun to go to the Wal Marts and get two more hamsters.

"Think of all the fun they'll have playing together! All four of them! Merrily sharing their little wheel."

We purchased two. They were a bit lighter in color than Bongo and Roy. We played with them a while to get acquainted.

"It is late now. The hamsters look tired! We should all get some sleep. We'll name you tomorrow, cute new hamsters!"

Part Three: Hamster Carnage

We awoke the next morning.

"Oh! Let's go check on our new happy hamster family!"

Roy and Bongo were atop the wheel. The cedar shavings were soaked with blood. One new hamster had been decapitated, his lifeless body near the wheel, his wee hamster head flung callously in one corner of the cage. His brother had been savagely gnawed and was in the final moments of his corporeal hamster existence as he bled to death before our eyes.

We gave them a burial at sea. Czar's roomie soon moved out to attend OSU and took Roy and Bongo with him. I've never looked at hamsters the same way since.

We later found that the roomie set Roy and Bongo free in the country near Stillwater. If you listen closely at night (if you can stand the smell), you can still hear them... munching... munching... looking for prey.

colleyvillesooner
8/5/2008, 05:28 PM
holy crap...

OUHOMER
8/5/2008, 05:29 PM
He just said he set them free. I bet he as a roll of duck tape. maybe even worked for the furniture bros.

soonersn20xx
8/5/2008, 06:09 PM
Hamster Deathmatch, that would been great on youtube but then again............PETA would be knocking.

StoopTroup
8/5/2008, 06:24 PM
VK...

Sorry about the thread ender in the other thread.

**** happens.

I saw what your talking about when I was looking for hamster health pages last night.

If PETA wants to fix something they might want to start with making sure people who sell these critters also purchase "The Holieth Hand Grenade" in case things get out of control.

After last night...myDaughter has told me she no longer wants a hamster. Her love for our Golden Retriever is anew.

See Dean....folks can still raise thier kids by example without a shotgun blast to the hamster. ;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/5/2008, 10:42 PM
I thought this was gonna be a story about when the "hamster cage is a rockin. . ."