PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Big XII Power Rankings - Give me a break!

rainiersooner
8/5/2008, 03:14 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere else:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-1-140/Big-12-power-rankings--Missouri-takes-top-spot.html

Tim Griffin puts Missouri ahead of us...his rationale seems to be that they WANT to win the conference championship. Strange, so do we. His list:

- Missouri
- Oklahoma
- Texas Tech
- Texas
- KU
- OSU
- Texas A&M
- Nebrask
- CU
- K-State
- Baylor
- Iowa State

fossil
8/5/2008, 03:47 PM
Wow! After the sooners beat them twice last year. This is a joke!!!

allentxsooner
8/5/2008, 03:54 PM
I guess OU just wants to win, I love how everyone is on Missouri's bandwagon even though they had a better team last year, and we beat them twice. I just hope booger eater runs his month again before we play them in the big 12 cg

fadada1
8/5/2008, 04:00 PM
major props to baylor!!!!

rainiersooner
8/5/2008, 04:08 PM
Does Griffin have an AP vote? I'd be curious to see it.

badger
8/5/2008, 04:17 PM
Oh goody, another list to make fun of! The last list was one word remarks... how about smileys this time?

:rolleyes: - Missouri
:confused: - Oklahoma
:D - Texas Tech
:texan: - Texas
:) - KU
:pop: - OSU
:P - Texas A&M
;) - Nebrask
:( - CU
:mad: - K-State
:eek: - Baylor
:cool: - Iowa State

I roll my eyes at Mizzou and their No. 1 ranking. I mean, we all know what Mizzou does when ranked No. 1, right? "What is... lose to OU" Trebek agrees.

As such, I am confused at OU's No. 2 ranking, but not upset.

I grin at Tech's No. 3 standing, because it is the popular thing to do - rank sand aggie high.

No other way to depict Texas than the Texan icon - they're Texas. They'll do Texas-like things this season.

I smile at KU, because Kansas has come far under former OU assistant Mangino... and to THINK they almost hired Franchione...

OSU deserves a pop (to the head), because we all know they're a team on the rise that will soon fall over and over.

Texas A&M gets a tongue face for getting no respect. I mean, they last won a title in 1939, and that's even a questionable title! Tee hee.

Nebraska wants to surprise people, so this ranking fits them well, so winky winky, Nebbish, we all know you'll be better than Cally, but we'll be ready for ya.

CU was supposed to be better than this, so I'll frown with them. Remember when Hawkins was leading Boise State to near perfection?

K-State can't lose enough after the way they treated Jason White, so until they are No. 12 of 12, I give them angst... or angry face, or whatever.

Baylor isn't last?! SHOCK! AWE!

Iowa State will keep cool at No. 12, but mark my words, they will upset someone.. just not us.

Jacie
8/5/2008, 04:27 PM
Oh goody, another list to make fun of! The last list was one word remarks... how about smileys this time?

Iowa State will keep cool at No. 12, but mark my words, they will upset someone.. just not us.

Probably Iowa. Oh wait! You are talking in the Big XII. Then make it the puffs.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/5/2008, 04:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/powerranking

by the way.

Sooner_09
8/5/2008, 04:40 PM
They're already claiming a preseason victory over us in Columbia.

Turd_Ferguson
8/5/2008, 04:50 PM
poke4christ (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=46911) Viewing Thread
ESPN Big XII Power Rankings - Give me a break! (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117499)

:D

MichiganSooner
8/5/2008, 06:48 PM
Why doesn't he just give his preseason championship to Okie State. After all, they want the championship, too. They even went out and got all the players a wristband. I wonder if Mizzou has wristbands, or armbands, or headbands?

meoveryouxinfinity
8/5/2008, 06:51 PM
Why doesn't he just give his preseason championship to Okie State. After all, they want the championship, too. They even went out and got all the players a wristband. I wonder if Mizzou has wristbands, or armbands, or headbands?

Head panties. for the win.

bluedogok
8/5/2008, 09:32 PM
That reminds me of my senior year in high school, most of the PC North team shaved their heads for team unity to win state, well that lasted until the first game when PC West beat them and went on to win the 1981 4A title undefeated....shaved heads, rubber bracelets...how cute :rolleyes:

I want Mizzou to get all pumped up on pre and during season hype and the OU guys to feel "dissed", they play better with that attitude.

KingDavid
8/5/2008, 09:49 PM
major props to baylor!!!!

heh.

KingDavid
8/5/2008, 09:55 PM
. . . before we play them in the big 12 cg

I'll wager that they won't even get to the CG. Truthfully. They might be the most likely candidate, but it's not like they have any meaningful separation from the rest of the pack in the North, with the exception of Iowa State, perhaps.

I'm going to take a dark horse pick and go with Colorado to play us in the CG. Hawkins knows how to coach 'em up.

I think both Missouri and Kansas are going to sorely disappoint this year.