PDA

View Full Version : Who are the Sooner stat leaders for 2008?

stoopified
8/5/2008, 10:20 AM
I did pretty good at this last year but this year is tough.

Passing- will of course be Bradford, I'm thinking 3500 yards and 40 TDs.(last year I said 2000 yards,20TDs).

Rushing -I think we will again have a 3 headed monster.I'm thinking DeMarco goes for 1000 yards,while Brown and Madu both top 500.(said the same thing last year about Murray,Brown,Patrick only AP ended up the 1000 rusher).

Recieving-I think OU will have 3 guys with around 50 catches.JI,Greasham,Ryan Broyles are my picks.I think Broyles will lead with about 900 yards,Greasham with 8 TD catches.I think JI will be picked on by the D,leaving Broyles,Greasham to make more plays.

Scoring- I think Murray will lead with around 15 TDs.He will be a threat running,returning and recieving.

Tackling- this is one area I feel largely clueless about at this point.The leading tacklers are laways LBs but we don't know yet how the LB lineup will look.Reynolds is the only returning starter but has history of injuries.Others who could figure in are Box,Lewis,Balougn,Bryant,Robinson,Clayton.I'm going to take a wild stab and say Clayton leads the team with 100+ tacles.

Interceptions-I am torn between Franks,Harris,but I'm going to say Franks leads us with 4 picks.I just love his speed and athletic ability.

I have no idea how our punting or kicking will be ,not a clue.

Kick returns -this one area where I think we will shine in special teams.Murray will be the star but Franks,JI will help.Would not be shocked if Murray had a couple of KOR's for TD.Murrays ability in return game is the main reason that I don't see him as a workhorse TB.Brown and Madu will need to spell him.

Punt returns-Just the little bit I saw of Franks got me fired up and makes me see him as a weapon.

Sooner_09
8/5/2008, 11:36 AM
Passing: Bradford
Rushing: Murray
Receiving: Johnson
Tackling: Making a bold prediction and going with Bryant
Interceptions: Holmes
Kick Returns: Broyles
Punt Returns: Franks

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

stoops the eternal pimp
8/5/2008, 11:39 AM
passing-Bradford
Rushing-Murray
Receiving-Iggy(number of receptions anyway)
Tackles-Reynolds
Ints- Franks
Kick Returns-Murray(is he still on kick return?)
Punt Return-Franks

Sooner_09
8/5/2008, 12:23 PM
I doubt Murray will be returning kicks now that is the # 1 RB, but I'm not one of the coaches so.

JLEW1818
8/5/2008, 12:31 PM
Why would Iggy not be returning kicks again ?

badger
8/5/2008, 12:45 PM
Shall I pull a Lee Corso?

"Pulling a Less Corso" (n.): To make extremely unusual, unpredictable and utterly impossible predictions in an effort to exclaim "I called it!" when such rarities actually do happen.
Example from 2001: "Kansas State will crush Oklahoma! (OU wins) Texas is going to beat Oklahoma! (OU wins) Texas Tech and Texas A&M are both going to beat Oklahoma!" (OU beats both)!" (
---

Thus, here are my UNFAULTY, UNQUESTIONED PREDICTIONS FOR 2008!!!!

Passing leader: Joe-y! Joe-y! Haz-leeee! Haz-leee! Bradford suffers sophomore slump and Joey takes over to lead to astounding numbers and a Heisman finalist status upon leading OU to the Big 12 Championship. Joey does not win, ensuring national championship status within weeks.

Rushing: Madu. Turf toe can really be a pain for DeMarco, thus, Madu goes on to have AP-replacing-AD numbers while OU fans everywhere start yelling Maduuuuuuuuu. To the joy of fans everywhere Murray does not declare for the draft, despite his immense talent. He needs to get his rushing king title back from Moses. Moses will not give it up easily.

Receiving: Manuel Johnson. Jersey No. 1 is No.1 in receiving too! However, unfortunately, MJ does not convert receiving yards into touchdowns, as he makes insane amounts of yard gains just short of the goal line. Because OU annoying bandwagon fans will riot if the call is not TOUCHDOWN TIGHT END, MJ is forced to just play decoy on the goalline.

Tackles: English (sans appendix). Upon removal of the appendix, all that was discovered was a blob of weakness and fattiness, thus its removal makes Auston as deadly as ever and even more punishing of a defensive dude. English records 49 percent of all tackles, 100 percent of which are for a loss of yards. His only embarrassment of the season was charging after a non-player against Kansas. As Mark Mangino rolls on the ground like a turtle turned over, English apologizes, explaining "Appendix removal side effects."

Int's: Ibiloye, all because I think his name is funny. On the 49 percent of the time that English does not get a tackle, Ibiloye is competing with the likes of Holmes and Harris for the air ball. OU's defense leads the league in interceptions, interceptions returned for touchdowns and interceptions returned for a lot of d@mn yards. Ibiloye serves the perfect decoy for offenses that think Lendy and Nic are sure-fire INT's if they dare throw to them... but as it turns out, all OU DB's are sure-fire INT's if they dare throw to them.

KR: Murray. While he ends his season early for turf toe, he ends up accumulating such a high total of yards and points within the first three games that nobody is able to overtake him, as opposing teams are too afraid to kick to OU any longer. Opposing teams merely go for the onside kick, or kick the ball straight at Stoops out of frustration.

PR's: Murray. So many yards and points into the third game, teams are now "hurry up offensing" by punting on first down to avoid having Murray in the back field. Sometimes they switch it up and punt on second or third down, but will never punt on fourth down, because of Murray (even if Murray is out with turf toe, teams believe that any one of the OU players could be Murray in disguise and do not chance it with a 4th down punt). Says Mike Leach, "Hell, we never punt the ball. Now other teams know exactly why."

The annual "I'm right" awards will be issued in December :D

Sooner_09
8/5/2008, 04:35 PM
Another energetic post from you. As much as I'd like to see someone kick the ball right at Stoops, I hope you're "not right":P

stoopified
8/6/2008, 09:32 AM
Shall I pull a Lee Corso?

"Pulling a Less Corso" (n.): To make extremely unusual, unpredictable and utterly impossible predictions in an effort to exclaim "I called it!" when such rarities actually do happen.
Example from 2001: "Kansas State will crush Oklahoma! (OU wins) Texas is going to beat Oklahoma! (OU wins) Texas Tech and Texas A&M are both going to beat Oklahoma!" (OU beats both)!" (
---

Thus, here are my UNFAULTY, UNQUESTIONED PREDICTIONS FOR 2008!!!!

Passing leader: Joe-y! Joe-y! Haz-leeee! Haz-leee! Bradford suffers sophomore slump and Joey takes over to lead to astounding numbers and a Heisman finalist status upon leading OU to the Big 12 Championship. Joey does not win, ensuring national championship status within weeks.

Rushing: Madu. Turf toe can really be a pain for DeMarco, thus, Madu goes on to have AP-replacing-AD numbers while OU fans everywhere start yelling Maduuuuuuuuu. To the joy of fans everywhere Murray does not declare for the draft, despite his immense talent. He needs to get his rushing king title back from Moses. Moses will not give it up easily.

Receiving: Manuel Johnson. Jersey No. 1 is No.1 in receiving too! However, unfortunately, MJ does not convert receiving yards into touchdowns, as he makes insane amounts of yard gains just short of the goal line. Because OU annoying bandwagon fans will riot if the call is not TOUCHDOWN TIGHT END, MJ is forced to just play decoy on the goalline.

Tackles: English (sans appendix). Upon removal of the appendix, all that was discovered was a blob of weakness and fattiness, thus its removal makes Auston as deadly as ever and even more punishing of a defensive dude. English records 49 percent of all tackles, 100 percent of which are for a loss of yards. His only embarrassment of the season was charging after a non-player against Kansas. As Mark Mangino rolls on the ground like a turtle turned over, English apologizes, explaining "Appendix removal side effects."

Int's: Ibiloye, all because I think his name is funny. On the 49 percent of the time that English does not get a tackle, Ibiloye is competing with the likes of Holmes and Harris for the air ball. OU's defense leads the league in interceptions, interceptions returned for touchdowns and interceptions returned for a lot of d@mn yards. Ibiloye serves the perfect decoy for offenses that think Lendy and Nic are sure-fire INT's if they dare throw to them... but as it turns out, all OU DB's are sure-fire INT's if they dare throw to them.

KR: Murray. While he ends his season early for turf toe, he ends up accumulating such a high total of yards and points within the first three games that nobody is able to overtake him, as opposing teams are too afraid to kick to OU any longer. Opposing teams merely go for the onside kick, or kick the ball straight at Stoops out of frustration.

PR's: Murray. So many yards and points into the third game, teams are now "hurry up offensing" by punting on first down to avoid having Murray in the back field. Sometimes they switch it up and punt on second or third down, but will never punt on fourth down, because of Murray (even if Murray is out with turf toe, teams believe that any one of the OU players could be Murray in disguise and do not chance it with a 4th down punt). Says Mike Leach, "Hell, we never punt the ball. Now other teams know exactly why."

The annual "I'm right" awards will be issued in December :DHope you are wrong about Sam and DeMarco(injury-wise).BTW Madu spells his name Mosis,Moses is my last name and I have been telling Madu to correct his spelling.Actually I think that the Mosis spelling is a Hispanic/Latin American thing .Don't know if Madu has any Hispanic roots but do know Hispanics who use the Mosis spelling.

badger
8/6/2008, 09:35 AM
I just now realized that called it a "Less Corso" instead of a "Lee Corso," but on second thought, I could argue that it was my brain telling me what the answer MUST be rather than what the answer REALLY is.

So, I'll blame that also on the Moses/Mosis screwup, even though I knew how to spell his name and all :D

Dan Thompson
8/6/2008, 11:21 AM
Less is better.

goingoneight
8/6/2008, 08:23 PM
:les: DAMB RIGHT IT IZ!!!!111111

Jason White's Third Knee
8/7/2008, 04:34 PM
Off Sides penalties - Phil Loadholt

VA Sooner
8/7/2008, 09:38 PM
Passing: Bradford
Rushing: Murray
Receiving: Iglesias
Tackling: Box
Interceptions: Harris
Kick Returns: Iglesias
Punt Returns: Franks

OU_Sooners75
8/8/2008, 02:49 AM
This is of course barring any serious injuries for any player listed.

Offense:
Passing: Sam Braford. Look for about 3500 yards and 30-35 TDs.
Rushing: The leader should end up being DeMarco Murray. Look for him to conitnue the streak of 1000 yard rushers. I say about 1700 yards and 18 TDs.
Receiving: Everyone will be looking at Iglesias. Look for Manual Johnson to have a break out season. Johnson 63 catches 900 yards and 8 TDs.

Defense:

Sacks: Auston English should lead the way. I say about 10.5 sacks
Total Tackles: Ryan Reynolds should finish with 120+ tackles. I say this because the last 3 + seasons our MLB led the team in tackles.
Solo Tackles: Ryan Reynolds with 90+
Tackles for Loss: ??? Guessing a DB. Say Nic Harris with about 15 TOL.
INTs: Dominique Franks with 7

I suck at this, so don't quote me unless I am right about some or all of them. :D

OU_Sooners75
8/8/2008, 02:56 AM
Off Sides penalties - Phil Loadholt

There is no such thing as offensive offsides. It is actaully called false start or illegal motion.

But can you blame the guy? If you were 8' tall and 400 pounds, it would be hard for you to stay in one spot as long as the Oline has to.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/8/2008, 09:31 AM
There is no such thing as offensive offsides. It is actaully called false start or illegal motion.

But can you blame the guy? If you were 8' tall and 400 pounds, it would be hard for you to stay in one spot as long as the Oline has to.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. It was really taking away from the game.

JLEW1818
8/8/2008, 09:35 AM
Q going to be the third guy? I seen Tennell practicing on the videos.

stoopified
8/8/2008, 05:08 PM
I left sacks off my list.I going to go with what should be a no-brainer barring injury,Englis.IF he stays healthy for a full year I expect about 14 sacks from him.

I noticed I am the only to mention Broyles But I have him as a stud in the reciever rotation based on comments from his teammates about how good THEY think he is.

Sooner 09 I think Murray will still be rturning kicks even though he is the #1 TB because of what a great weapon he is.It helps that we have 2 other experienced TBs who can spell him .