PDA

View Full Version : The Professors Strike Back

SicEmBaylor
8/5/2008, 01:34 AM
For those of you familiar with the website www.ratemyproffesors.com, there is now a website where Professors respond to some of the comments left about them via short video clips.

Some of these are absolutely hysterical. I've had some pretty crazy professors in my day, but some of these people really take the cake.

http://professorsstrikeback.mtvu.com/

I'm sitting here laughing my *** off at some of these.

Ike
8/5/2008, 02:34 AM
heh
http://www.mtvu.com/video/?vid=226023

badger
8/5/2008, 02:29 PM
Go to the site and just look at some of the comments of your old OU professors. I looked up my old women's studies professor Martha Skeeters (the ratings are worth a laugh) and also, while I never took his class, I knew his son so I looked up history professor William Savage Jr. His ratings are also quite humorous.

Ike
8/5/2008, 02:45 PM
Heh. I looked up my PhD advisor. For the most part, the comments were of the form "Totally awesome teacher, Totally difficult courses"

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/5/2008, 02:46 PM
Go to the site and just look at some of the comments of your old OU professors. I looked up my old women's studies professor Martha Skeeters (the ratings are worth a laugh) and also, while I never took his class, I knew his son so I looked up history professor William Savage Jr. His ratings are also quite humorous.

I had Savage, I can only imagine what kind of ratings he got!

tommieharris91
8/5/2008, 03:07 PM
I'm glad this guy doesn't teach at OU.

http://professorsstrikeback.mtvu.com/professor-eric-cinotti-montclair-state-university/

badger
8/5/2008, 06:25 PM
I had Savage, I can only imagine what kind of ratings he got!

I only knew his son, but his professor dad's ratings included comments like "everyone's failing, he's insane, got an F by dropping after the drop date cuz i just couldn't bear it any longer, I was a 4.0 student until I failed his class my senior year," etc.

I hope you weren't in the same boat as those guys.

reevie
8/5/2008, 07:22 PM
I only knew his son, but his professor dad's ratings included comments like "everyone's failing, he's insane, got an F by dropping after the drop date cuz i just couldn't bear it any longer, I was a 4.0 student until I failed his class my senior year," etc.

I hope you weren't in the same boat as those guys.

They may have had a 4.0, but weren't smart enough to figure out how to get an A in his class. The gameplan was simple, bomb the first test, do ok on the second test then ace the final.

SicEmBaylor
8/5/2008, 07:27 PM
he gameplan was simple, bomb the first test, do ok on the second test then ace the final.

That's my formula for virtually every class I've taken in college.

It's typically pretty hard to figure out exactly what a professor wants on that first exam having never had them before.

I'm a history and political science major so almost all of my exams are bluebooks. I've had some professors who want a lot of detail, some who you want to be concise, etc. It really takes one exam to figure out exactly what they want.

King Crimson
8/5/2008, 07:50 PM
That's my formula for virtually every class I've taken in college.

It's typically pretty hard to figure out exactly what a professor wants on that first exam having never had them before.

I'm a history and political science major so almost all of my exams are bluebooks. I've had some professors who want a lot of detail, some who you want to be concise, etc. It really takes one exam to figure out exactly what they want.

i used to do this a teacher: give the first exam as a "quiz", with less points at stake so the students/consumers of "entertain me" ideas... would get a chance for that i was looking for mastery of critical ideas and examples--they could then explain.

be able to interpret ideas and then apply them. with a kind of "quiz" one-off. where i didn't punish them. and they had a chance to really to make a good grade.

then, i realized that most students hate thinking. they want answers and study guide and to be entertained.

your professor 8 times out of 10 isn't about "what he wants to hear"....he's more about how pitiful most students are. and how dumbed down college curriculum needs to be.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/5/2008, 07:55 PM
Did you teach guzintas?

sooneron
8/5/2008, 09:02 PM
I'm a little surprised my Mom wasn't taken to task on there for being such a hard ***. NO ONE has rated her yet. That would be fear.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/6/2008, 01:40 AM
I need to give more F's. They rate me too easy.

olevetonahill
8/6/2008, 01:54 AM
I need to give more F's. They rate me too easy.

Like pickin lettuce is Hard :rolleyes:

SanJoaquinSooner
8/6/2008, 01:58 AM
Like pickin lettuce is Hard :rolleyes:

but here's the deal: college kids leave for lunch on the first day and never come back.

olevetonahill
8/6/2008, 02:00 AM
but here's the deal: college kids leave for lunch on the first day and never come back.

Why we need the Ilegal Beaners LOL
:P