PDA

View Full Version : Sooners Preseason 2008

setem
8/4/2008, 10:07 PM
Preseason Central (http://www.soonersports.com/ot/2008_preseason_central.html)

QB's worked on their steps and pocket movement. Nimmo was looking damn good!

"That Bradford ain't worth the Charmin Extra-soft he wipes his butt with...";)

Collier11
8/4/2008, 10:22 PM
Keeping an eye on some of our question marks, with the LB's I thought Franklin and Reynolds looked really good as well as #21 who im too lazy to look up right now, I thought Balogun looked slow as did Crow

setem
8/4/2008, 10:31 PM
Sam looks like he is filling out!

Franklin is the next Teddy Lehman!

soonersn20xx
8/4/2008, 10:44 PM
But are you seeing a difference in his confidence level and reading of defenses compared to last year?

goingoneight
8/4/2008, 11:26 PM
You can't really say yay or nay from what's posted on the free videos... they're just a bunch of warm-up drills... frankly what you expect mostly on the first day back at it.

You wanna talk about a guy who's filled out... look at freaking Joey Halzle. He was a twig when he got here.

Nice to see Murray involved with no kneee braces or blue jersey or the like. I'm thinking we can probably trust the coaches when they say he's going to be back to his old self again.

My question, and I know the videos don't tell much... is without Jarboe... is it a Chaney/Owens battle for the deep man WR position now? If that's the case, Owens better be the real deal to come in over a 5th year senior who's finally got the coaches' approval.

birddog
8/5/2008, 10:36 AM
Keeping an eye on some of our question marks, with the LB's I thought Franklin and Reynolds looked really good as well as #21 who im too lazy to look up right now, I thought Balogun looked slow as did Crow

j.r bryant. looks to have exceptionally quick feet but poor technique right now.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/5/2008, 10:40 AM
Just not the same without seeing Keith Nichol working out.

manida
8/5/2008, 11:00 AM
good to hear about Nimmo. Ponca City REPRESENT!

BillyBall
8/5/2008, 11:10 AM
Stephen Good looks like he's going to be a monster. Guy looks more like a junior than a true freshman.

The Maestro
8/5/2008, 12:20 PM
Nimmo = Patrick Fletcher

setem
8/5/2008, 09:56 PM
They updated the page, Sam really looks huge as compared to last season.

KingDavid
8/5/2008, 11:32 PM
My question, and I know the videos don't tell much... is without Jarboe... is it a Chaney/Owens battle for the deep man WR position now? If that's the case, Owens better be the real deal to come in over a 5th year senior who's finally got the coaches' approval.

The thing that throws me off about Owens is that he shares the same number as Corey Wilson. Initially when I saw that on the roster I was convinced that Wilson had, like DJ Wolfe, made the jump to the other side of the ball. But I saw him in the videos getting reps at WR . . . so that makes me think that Owens is going to redshirt, perhaps.

Either way, I think the competition for the deep ball is sort of a moot question: between Johnson and Iglesias we have the talent to stretch the field. That's not including Gresham, who will put a lot of pressure on a secondary due to teh match-up problems.

The question is simply this: who will replace Kelly and round out the top 3 receivers? I would say the battle for that playing time is at least a 3 person battle:

Ryan Broyles (who appears assured of getting his reps as long as he can avoid late-night visits to the closed gas stations).
Quentin Chaney (as you said)
Pooh Tennel, and probably
Brandon Caleb

I think the coaches have proven over and over that they are not fixated on having a certain "type" of player on the field. They just want to get the best 11 on either side of the ball. I personally think, when it comes to 3 WR sets, that we're going to see a lot of the Iglesias/Johnson/Broyles combination.

JLEW1818
8/6/2008, 03:46 PM
Preseason Central (http://www.soonersports.com/ot/2008_preseason_central.html)

QB's worked on their steps and pocket movement. Nimmo was looking damn good!

"That Bradford ain't worth the Charmin Extra-soft he wipes his butt with...";)

Varsity Blues, the most quoted sports movie ever.

setem
8/6/2008, 04:01 PM
indeed sir!

it's a goodern huh?

Have we heard anything on Joseph Ibiloye? I think he is going to be hardest hitting DB anyone has seen in a while!

sooneron
8/6/2008, 04:26 PM
Varsity Blues, the most quoted sports movie ever.

uh, no.

JLEW1818
8/6/2008, 04:33 PM
uh, no.

and what is ?

setem
8/6/2008, 10:42 PM
Page is updated.

Chris Brown looks gigantic!

KingDavid
8/6/2008, 10:51 PM
Page is updated.

Chris Brown looks gigantic!

everyone looks ginormous.

Scott D
8/6/2008, 10:52 PM
and what is ?

caddyshack by far.

setem
8/6/2008, 11:03 PM
caddyshack by far.

Nu...nununununu....

KingDavid
8/6/2008, 11:33 PM
caddyshack by far.

That movie is about golf about as much as Princess Bride is about Fencing. And Princess Bride is quoted far more often than any mover, ever. It bridges the gender gap and all age barriers.

OU_Sooners75
8/7/2008, 02:42 AM
good to hear about Nimmo. Ponca City REPRESENT!

GOOOO Nimmo. Work for that Special Teams Spot.

I'm sorry. Nimmo was decent at Ponca City thanks to the talent surrounding him. There is a reason he was not a highly sought-after prep star and is a walk-on.

This is not saying he doesn't deserve a chance for Special Teams. Unless something has changed, he has been a walk-on his entire time at OU.

I do know this though. He definitely knows the game. His father is a heck of a coach.

KRYPTON
8/7/2008, 10:25 AM
That movie is about golf about as much as Princess Bride is about Fencing. And Princess Bride is quoted far more often than any mover, ever. It bridges the gender gap and all age barriers.

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means...