PDA

View Full Version : How Many Times Have You Seen Your Favorite Band? - Sweet 16

Rogue
8/4/2008, 07:22 PM
Louisville Friday night was the 15th time I've caught the Dave Matthews Band the past 11 years. Tomorrow night will be "sweet 16" in Cincinnati. And probably the end of my summer tour this year. Always sad to see it end.
The band broke out a new cover song...Burnin' Down The House by Talking Heads. The horn player Rashawn Ross sang lead vocals on BDTH. Along with Bitch (stones), Money (Pink Floyd) and Sledgehammer (P Gabriel) they are great new DMB songs for the summer. Willie sat in for one song, Gravedigger, and it was greatness.

Anyhow, DMB is coming to OKC soon and if y'all get a chance, this is widely believed to be the best tour since at least 1998 by one of the best live bands I've been fortunate enough to see.

Tim Reynolds is playing guitar the whole tour and Jeff Coffin (Flecktones) is playing sax for the injured usual sax player.

Yeah, it'll be about 1000 degrees in the Bricktown Ballpark, but worth it if you ask me.

GTDRK5gVB0g

BigRedJed
8/4/2008, 07:45 PM
I've seen The Who three times. I guess these days I would say that's my favorite band. Unfortunately, none were with Moon.

It's weird, but some of the bands I've seen a number of times aren't even my "favorite" bands. I just happened to have the opportunity to go to their shows, and didn't turn it down. Bands like Heart (4 times) the Rolling Stones (3 times -- and I do like them a bunch), ZZ Top (4, I think), Crosby Stills & Nash (3 times).

One of my faves is of course the Flaming Lips. I have seen them 5 times this decade, I guess, but I'd hate to venture to guess how many times I've seen them through the years. Most of the time (pre-Priest Driven Ambulance) I wasn't THAT crazy about them though, so I don't know if you can count that.

Harry Beanbag
8/4/2008, 07:47 PM
Once. Not really into concerts that much.

Dio
8/4/2008, 08:49 PM
I don't think anybody's seen a band as many times as Unnamed Sooner has seen Metallica.

Taxman71
8/4/2008, 09:19 PM
I've seen Van Halen 5 times....sadly only once with David Lee Roth.

Pricetag
8/5/2008, 12:22 AM
I've seen Megadeth twice, both times with the line up that I consider the best, with Ellefson, Friedman, and Mensa. I know that Dave Mustaine is the heart and soul of the band, but I don't know that I'd go see them now since none of the other three are there.

StoopTroup
8/5/2008, 01:00 AM
I think I've seen Aerosmith and Clapton 5 times each.

Nugent 4

Stones 3

AC/DC 3

Rush 3

Ozzie 3

Foo Fighters 2 but I'll go again if possible.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/29/2008, 12:49 PM
Can't believe I missed this thread...

Metallica - 27
Godsmack - 5
Ozzy - 1
Korn - 4
Staind - 1
STP - 2
Foo Fighters - 2
Offspring - 1
Rancid - 1
Dave Matthews - 1 (completely overrated, It was nothing special. As you can see from above video, it doesn't even look like they are enjoying being on stage.)

Collective Soul - 1
Garbage - 1
Kid Rock - 4
Ted Nugent - 1
Ramones - 1
Smashing Pumpkins - 2
Alice in Chains - 1
Helmet - 1
Chili Peppers - 2
Soundgarden - 1
New Kids on the Block - 1 :D
Jerry Cantrell - 1

TheUnnamedSooner
10/29/2008, 12:52 PM
And I just realized that this thread said favorite band. Oh well.

I always wanted to see Megadeth but everytime I had the opportunity, something came up. Once when they were playing at the state fair in okc, I went there but only had $15 to my name. Even after the show started, they wouldn't let me in for that $15. Another time was at woodstock and they were playing on the 2nd stage. Unfortunately, they had screwed up what time bands were playing and so when I showed up at the time on the schedule, they were already done.

King Crimson
10/29/2008, 12:57 PM
probably zero times, if i had to choose a favorite band.

i guarantee i've seen the Meat Puppets more than any other band. or possibly defenestration inna day.

the closest combo of the two (seen and "among favorites") recently would be the Fall summer before last. Mark E. and whatever group of musicians he's calling "the Fall" these days (he'd sacked the touring band about 2 weeks before the Boulder show in LA)...don't come to the States too often so that was pretty awesome. judging by how Mark E. looks these days it might have been the last US tour.

though that Suburu commercial might breathe some new commercial success into the Fall.....(LOL.)

picasso
10/29/2008, 05:34 PM
oh to go back in time and slip into a dark club and listen to Coltrane drag out a 30 minute song eh man?:D I'd even drink the malt liquor.