PDA

View Full Version : Jarboe is Gone?

AlbqSooner
8/4/2008, 07:20 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8403942/Stoops-boots-incoming-frosh-off-team
Stoops said he spoke with Josh after the gun at school incident and that Josh realized that "anything less than exemplary behavior would be unacceptable."
Seems his rap video got him a trip back to Georgia.

badger
8/4/2008, 07:21 PM
in before the... ahh, forget it.

tommieharris91
8/4/2008, 07:22 PM
Seriously? There were like 10 other Jarboe threads.

soonersn20xx
8/4/2008, 07:27 PM
LMAO, this kid won't go away.

AlbqSooner
8/4/2008, 07:31 PM
Seriously? There were like 10 other Jarboe threads.

Mea Culpa then. I looked before I posted.:O
Only one I saw was locked yesterday.

tommieharris91
8/4/2008, 07:43 PM
Mea Culpa then. I looked before I posted.:O
Only one I saw was locked yesterday.

It's alright.

I think there's a Jarboe thread on every forum on OP.com right now. But they don't worry about us.

OK2LA
8/4/2008, 07:46 PM
I thought he might have been re-instated, and then let go again

olevetonahill
8/4/2008, 08:10 PM
when did this happen ?

Desert Sapper
8/4/2008, 08:23 PM
Still not sure how a kid rapping in a youtube video (regardless of the content) is worthy of a trip home. Probably a really stern talking to, maybe some behavior modification drills (in the 'bull in the ring' sense), and giving the team the opportunity to fix him. Personally, I'd probably smoke the crap out of him and call it a day. I guess Bob don't play.

Dan Thompson
8/4/2008, 08:23 PM
He's working out with USC as we speak.

soonerspudman
8/4/2008, 11:33 PM
Just in - Elvis is dead.

StoopTroup
8/4/2008, 11:36 PM
gRANT IS BURIED IN gRANT'S TOMBba.

goingoneight
8/4/2008, 11:38 PM
Water is indeed, wet.

Aggie is as aggie does.

StoopTroup
8/4/2008, 11:40 PM
Mike Gundy is a MAN...he's 41.

On the 12th he'll be 42.

tommieharris91
8/5/2008, 12:17 AM
Germans bomb Pearl Harbor.

batonrougesooner
8/5/2008, 06:44 AM
Don't they make glue out of dead horses?

Or is it Wendy's hamburgers?

Scott D
8/5/2008, 07:30 AM
Still not sure how a kid rapping in a youtube video (regardless of the content) is worthy of a trip home. Probably a really stern talking to, maybe some behavior modification drills (in the 'bull in the ring' sense), and giving the team the opportunity to fix him. Personally, I'd probably smoke the crap out of him and call it a day. I guess Bob don't play.

Well, as much as I agree with you in the matter. The fact that he was on a personal conduct final warning as part of his agreement to keep his scholarship after his gun incident back in March was the reason it was the final nail in the coffin. Under that guise, it's easy to see why the decision from Bob was the one he had to make.

OUMallen
8/5/2008, 08:35 AM
Is Chris Patterson on campus yet?

The Maestro
8/5/2008, 08:38 AM
I'm just glad to see Schnelly's out as coach.

Some people just don't read the news much, I guess.

trey
8/5/2008, 08:47 AM
we landed on the moon!

achiro
8/5/2008, 09:26 AM
It was weekend news, some people actually do things besides internet and tv on weekends in the summer. The thread was merged into a 30+page mess(my other thread) and hard to find.

badger
8/5/2008, 09:42 AM
Oh no, page 2. Another 30 page thread in the making. :rolleyes:

Oh, and that Josh Jarboe done screwed up, y'all :(

soonermix
8/5/2008, 09:55 AM
this just in... new invention... indoor plumbing!

stoops the eternal pimp
8/5/2008, 09:57 AM
Anybody heard if OU is gonna get JeJuan Penny yet

Animal Mother
8/5/2008, 10:17 AM
http://deadspin.com/5032352/oklahoma-kindly-allows-josh-jarboe-to-pursue-his-rap-career-full+time

The Maestro
8/5/2008, 12:17 PM
It was weekend news, some people actually do things besides internet and tv on weekends in the summer. The thread was merged into a 30+page mess(my other thread) and hard to find.

Actually, I read about it Friday morning on the crapper in Phoenix with my Blackberry at around 6 a.m. Pacific time. It ruined a good morning grumpy.

douxpaysan
8/5/2008, 12:50 PM
Actually, I read about it Friday morning on the crapper in Phoenix with my Blackberry at around 6 a.m. Pacific time. It ruined a good morning grumpy.Filed under "More information than we needed to know." also did you flush? ...enquiring minds need to know.

SoonerEmpire
8/6/2008, 07:50 AM
OH NO!! I just heard that the Jews decided to free Barabbas instead of Jesus!

Breadburner
8/6/2008, 08:01 AM
This just in.....

http://www.rivervet.com/images/PearlHarbor/PearlHarbor.jpg

KingDavid
8/6/2008, 08:30 AM
when did this happen ?

It really DIDN'T happen, Oleve. I'm pretty sure it's just some cracked-up story made up by some Nebraska fan in Austin.

I hear that Jarboe's parents are going to sue.:rolleyes:

KingDavid
8/6/2008, 08:32 AM
This just in.....

http://www.rivervet.com/images/PearlHarbor/PearlHarbor.jpg

Seriously, guys. You don't need to believe everything you see on the web.

This one, like the story about Jarboe, was also manufactured by the Nebraska kid in Austin.

All is well, I assure you.

OUmillenium
8/6/2008, 08:36 AM
I wonder how bad we'll miss Ahmad Kabba this year? If this is how Stoops treats good players he'll never get us on the right track.

sooneron
8/6/2008, 08:41 AM
I heard that DeMond might declare for the draft this week.

OUMallen
8/6/2008, 08:42 AM
Chijioke going to get his release?

badger
8/6/2008, 08:43 AM
Memories of a fonder kind:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xiX-Ua2Fx8g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xiX-Ua2Fx8g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
On second thought, didn't several of us raise our eyebrows at this?

stoops the eternal pimp
8/6/2008, 08:43 AM
Is Chip Ambres going to play baseball

OUMallen
8/6/2008, 08:57 AM
Memories of a fonder kind:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xiX-Ua2Fx8g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xiX-Ua2Fx8g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
On second thought, didn't several of us raise our eyebrows at this?

I always raise my eyebrows at this stuff, but I guess I just have to realize I am too old to "get" it.

SoonerEmpire
8/6/2008, 09:01 AM
I hear that John Blake is returning us to the wishbone this year. Should be exciting to watch Brandon Daniels run the triple option!

sooneron
8/6/2008, 09:01 AM
Any news on that Aikman kid out of Henryetta?

SoonerEmpire
8/6/2008, 09:10 AM
What do you think our chances are against Penn State with a freshman QB in Jamelle Holieway? I sure hope we win. BRING HOME #6!!!

The_Red_Patriot
8/6/2008, 10:08 AM
Plumley and Jarboe sittin in a tree.........K. i .s . s i............."Give me yo Fu**In eye liner before I kill you playa!!!"

http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/ou-jarboe-plumley.jpg

achiro
8/6/2008, 10:18 AM
This place really has gone to ****. I hope for all that is Holy that this is not an indication of what to expect from the noobs during the season.
I personally do think this is news. This guy is a player. Will it make an impact on the Sooners? I don't know, probably not but only time will tell. I do have to wonder a bit if it could impact recruiting? Right or wrong, some kids are gonna see it as him getting kicked off the team for rapping.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/6/2008, 10:43 AM
This place really has gone to ****. I hope for all that is Holy that this is not an indication of what to expect from the noobs during the season.
I personally do think this is news. This guy is a player. Will it make an impact on the Sooners? I don't know, probably not but only time will tell. I do have to wonder a bit if it could impact recruiting? Right or wrong, some kids are gonna see it as him getting kicked off the team for rapping.

It's awfully tough to gloss over the stolen loaded pistol at a high school and then rapping about rape and murder. The two do go together.

I would be willing to bet everything that the dude has another loaded pistol in his posession.

So, if it slows our recruitment of stolen pistol toting death rappers, so be it.

Stitch Face
8/6/2008, 10:47 AM
Who's Jarboe?

Breadburner
8/6/2008, 10:48 AM
Good riddance...Better to cut your losses now...Then wait until this chump does something really stupid.....He was told to keep a low profile and used poor judgement again.....

achiro
8/6/2008, 11:07 AM
It's awfully tough to gloss over the stolen loaded pistol at a high school and then rapping about rape and murder. The two do go together.

I would be willing to bet everything that the dude has another loaded pistol in his posession.

So, if it slows our recruitment of stolen pistol toting death rappers, so be it.

To be clear, I am in total agreement with you.

OUMallen
8/6/2008, 11:14 AM
Was supposedly also in the car during Load's DUI this summer, too. He was on double-nonsecret probation and still was actin' tha fool.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/6/2008, 11:17 AM

To be clear, I am in total agreement with you...about the n00b thing

OUmillenium
8/6/2008, 11:43 AM
I hear that John Blake is returning us to the wishbone this year. Should be exciting to watch Brandon Daniels run the triple option!

Yeah, but something tells me Brandon will want to run it every time and rarely pitch the ball...hope I am wrong!

OUmillenium
8/6/2008, 11:45 AM
Was supposedly also in the car during Load's DUI this summer, too. He was on double-nonsecret probation and still was actin' tha fool.

Ha! Nice

Animal House spek:D

stoops the eternal pimp
8/6/2008, 11:48 AM
Yeah, but something tells me Brandon will want to run it every time and rarely pitch the ball...hope I am wrong!

rarely how about never!...thank God for Patrick Fletcher

StoopTroup
8/6/2008, 12:01 PM
http://deadspin.com/5032352/oklahoma-kindly-allows-josh-jarboe-to-pursue-his-rap-career-full+time

Quote by the Brazil guy in the link.

Used to be on the team,
Now ain't playin' no more.
N***a, I'm droppin' out of school
So you know Imma be moppin' a store.
...****, manager's calling
I don't get off 'til four.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/6/2008, 03:24 PM

My point was I think that most recruits will understand the dismissal. I suspect that there will be some that take the side of Jarboe and will over simplify what happened. I also think that those are the same kids that are likely to pull the same type of crap that he did. Man, don't you just hate to see this stupid rockstar bullcrap? They destroy their future with their bravado.

OUMallen
8/6/2008, 03:29 PM
My point was I think that most recruits will understand the dismissal. I suspect that there will be some that take the side of Jarboe and will over simplify what happened. I also think that those are the same kids that are likely to pull the same type of crap that he did. Man, don't you just hate to see this stupid rockstar bullcrap? They destroy their future with their bravado.

This.

I don't understand the hyper-macho, mysoginistic and oddly nihilistic view these kids take. It doesn't take brain science to see that it's coutnerproductive to their lives, yet they do it anyway.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/6/2008, 03:32 PM
This.

I don't understand the hyper-macho, mysoginistic and oddly nihilistic view these kids take. It doesn't take brain science to see that it's coutnerproductive to their lives, yet they do it anyway.

Hey, you used to "-istic" words in the same sentence. Totally uncool.