PDA

View Full Version : What does Mary-Kate Olsen know about Heath Ledger's death?

BigRedJed
8/4/2008, 06:12 PM
Linky (http://www.abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Blotter/story?id=5511521&page=1)

What Does Olsen Know About Heath's Death?

Mary-Kate Olsen May Be Forced to Testify in Federal Criminal Probe of Ledger's Death

BY LUCHINA FISHER AND RICHARD ESPOSITO

Aug. 4, 2008—

Does Mary-Kate Olsen have something to hide?

After Olsen refused to cooperate with investigators, a federal grand jury issued a subpoena as part of a criminal investigation into the source of the drugs that killed her close friend Heath Ledger, ABC News has learned.

The federal investigation into Ledger's death hit a roadblock in the form of the pint-sized actress. Sources close to the investigation said Olsen is the final witness in their investigation but has so far refused numerous requests to her lawyer Michael Miller to cooperate.

According to government sources, the subpoena was issued on April 23, but the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency, which launched an investigation after Ledger's accidental death from a prescription drug cocktail, has not yet served Olsen with it. The agency and her lawyer are still trying to work out a deal in which the actress receives immunity in exchange for her cooperation, the sources said.

Miller, Olsen's attorney issued the following statement Monday afternoon: "Despite tabloid speculation, Mary-Kate Olsen had nothing whatsoever to do with the drugs found in Heath Ledger's home or his body, and she does not know where he obtained them. Regarding the Government's investigation, at Ms. Olsen's request, we have provided the Government with relevant information including facts in the chronology of events surrounding Mr. Ledger's death and the fact that Ms. Olsen does not know the source of the drugs Mr. Ledger consumed. We don't know the source of the information being quoted in the media regarding the Government's inquiry, but these descriptions are incomplete and inaccurate."

The United States Attorney's Office, which has the authority to grant immunity, refused to comment on an ongoing investigation.

Agents have able to determine the source for all the drugs Ledger ingested, except for one, the powerful painkiller OxyContin, which they believe was obtained illegally.

Government sources told ABC News that investigators have run down "every legitimate lead" on where Ledger might have obtained the OxyContin. Now, in light of her refusal to cooperate, investigators are focused on whether Olsen may have supplied the potent pills to Ledger.

"Maybe she did, or her MD did, maybe she had her own supply and shared it with him," one government source said.

Olsen is still considered a witness and not a suspect in the criminal probe, according to sources. But without her cooperation or until she is brought before a grand jury, the government appears unlikely to determine where the OxyContin came from.

Sources say all the other prescription drugs obtained in the United States -- from a doctor in Texas and another in LA -- were legitimately acquired.

The DEA is still running down leads on other drugs found in Ledger's possession that appear to have been acquired in Italy and the United Kingdom.

Olsen was the first person called after her masseuse discovered Ledger's body in his SoHo apartment in January. Instead of calling 911, Olsen reportedly phoned her bodyguards, who arrived on the scene at the same time as paramedics.

Investigators believe they have interviewed everyone connected to Ledger and his death, including the masseuse, bodyguards, doctors, housekeepers, business associates and even the mother of his 2-year-old daughter, Matilda, his "Brokeback Mountain" co-star Michelle Williams.

Erin Mulvey, a DEA spokesperson, said that in the past two years prescription drug abuse has soared, particularly among young people. According to a recent study, one in 10 students in grades 8, 10 and 12, admitted to using Viocodin and one in 20 confessed to using OxyContin.

Copyright © 2008 ABC News Internet Ventures

Frozen Sooner
8/4/2008, 06:13 PM
One thing's for sure:

If Mary-Kate Olsen is hiding something, she doesn't have it behind her back.

bri
8/4/2008, 06:14 PM
Actually, Mary-Kate's up to triple digits now. Yay, food!

soonersn20xx
8/4/2008, 06:16 PM
Maybe she was his drug mule and if the truth were known, she probaly would be charged as an accessory in his death.

mdklatt
8/4/2008, 06:27 PM
Has ABC started sourcing National Enquirer now? A headline that's a question--the bread and butter of tabloid journalism. This country is going into the crapper. :rolleyes:

KC//CRIMSON
8/4/2008, 06:58 PM
No one ever suspects an Olsen twin - until it's too late. I'm serious. They're still looking for Bob Saget's body.

EDIT: Turns out Bob Saget is still alive. I'm as shocked as you are.

StoopTroup
8/4/2008, 07:07 PM
Who's Bob Saget?

soonersn20xx
8/4/2008, 07:20 PM
Who's Bob Saget?

Comedy central is about to roast him, http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/roast_saget/index.jhtml

GottaHavePride
8/4/2008, 07:31 PM
Who's Bob Saget?

He's the illest mutha****a in a cardigan sweater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B_n9YaAMmg

soonersn20xx
8/4/2008, 09:25 PM
So the Olsen chick wants immunity before she will cooperate with the investigation..............when did our society turn into bizarro world? If she did nothing wrong, then why would she not want to testify. I guess we could ask Karl Rove the same question but that will be for a different thread. :rolleyes:

mdklatt
8/4/2008, 09:27 PM
If she did nothing wrong, then why would she not want to testify.

Never give the law enough rope to hang you with.

soonersn20xx
8/4/2008, 09:30 PM
Well, doesn't withholding evidence constitute an obstruction of justice charge? Maybe she didn't come clean at the beginning but due to the pressure that is being applied in the case she wants to tell what she knows and doesn't want to get hit with that count. :confused:

mdklatt
8/4/2008, 09:33 PM
Well, doesn't withholding evidence constitute an obstruction of justice charge? Maybe she didn't come clean at the beginning but due to the pressure that is being applied in the case she wants to tell what she knows and doesn't want to get hit with that count. :confused:

She could be guilty as hell, and probably is given her history. (She's the skanky one, right?) However, even if I was as innocent as Mother Theresa I would take immunity if I could.

Blue
8/4/2008, 10:34 PM
Maybe she was his drug mule and if the truth were known, she probaly would be charged as an accessory in his death.

Maybe she wants to avoid dumbass assumptions and speculators. Maybe she has nothing to do with it. Maybe I should get a life and stop worrying about it.

mdklatt
8/4/2008, 10:47 PM
Maybe she wants to avoid dumbass assumptions and speculators.

Things like pleading the Fifth and asking for immunity aren't generally the best way to go about that. :D

Blue
8/4/2008, 10:51 PM
True.

r5TPsooner
8/4/2008, 11:55 PM
Maybe she did to the Joker what Batman couldn't do?

olevetonahill
8/5/2008, 02:41 AM
She know NUTHINK , but she wants Imunity befor she will say that .

stoops the eternal pimp
8/5/2008, 09:49 AM
one thing for sure...she saves money on x rays...the doctor just holds her up to the light

Hot Rod
8/5/2008, 10:03 AM
The agency and her lawyer are still trying to work out a deal in which the actress receives immunity in exchange for her cooperation, the sources said.

Someone's been watching reality shows a little much.

soonervegas
8/5/2008, 10:08 AM
She was the real scarecrow.

Animal Mother
8/5/2008, 12:50 PM
Never give the law enough rope to hang you with.

That's funny. As if they need any rope/evidence or if it matters who is guilty/not guilty. Lawyers have created such a circus for one another you need a tent and assorted lions and tigers to hold court. The only thing that is certain about the American justice system is if you don't have enough money to hire a really good lawyer, you're f**ked like a roped goat.

StoopTroup
8/5/2008, 12:58 PM
What amazes me is that I don't believe anyone forced him to take the drugs and yet...people want someone to blame.

I believe the guilty party is dead.

Hopefully any of the people around him will take notice and get themselves some help if they are on a similar train to self-destruction.

The Brokeback performance...I've never seen it and probably never will...I have seen him in a few other movies and I think he was headed to Superstardom.

It's very sad he didn't have his Life in better order.

r5TPsooner
8/5/2008, 01:10 PM
What amazes me is that I don't believe anyone forced him to take the drugs and yet...people want someone to blame.

I believe the guilty party is dead.

Hopefully any of the people around him will take notice and get themselves some help if they are on a similar train to self-destruction.

The Brokeback performance...I've never seen it and probably never will...I have seen him in a few other movies and I think he was headed to Superstardom.

It's very sad he didn't have his Life in better order.

Having sleep issues of my own, I can only imagine what he was going through. For the last month or so I've been averaging about three hours asleep a night. I quit golfing, screwing, and became very emotional at the stoopidest things. I snapped at my daughter a few weeks ago and that's when I knew I needed to get help. My BP shot to 150/110, I put on eight pounds and I was in denial. I finally decided to do what I had to do and got into a sleep study.

I started on Ambien CR last night and it was the first time that I slept at least 7 hours in years. My wife and kids can already tell a difference in my tude, mood, and energy level.

I might have to wear a fighter pilot mask the rest of my life at night but it sure beats death.

Sleep disorders are nasty and lead to so much more.

It's his fault in the end, but if he felt as desperate as I did, he certainly has my sympathy.

StoopTroup
8/5/2008, 01:13 PM
It's his fault in the end, but if he felt as desperate as I did, he certainly has my sympathy.

Agreed.

Glad your trying to fix that.

I've worked with a couple of people who suffer.

Once I knew what they were going through...I could tell well they were having a bad day.

Echoes
8/5/2008, 01:50 PM
I am impressed. There were at least 3 legitimately funny jokes in this thread in 2 pages. Nice!

pergdaddy
8/5/2008, 02:01 PM
I thought the biggest issues were that he had prescription drugs from two different doctors, one in the states and one in england. The issue being that neither of the doctors knew of the other one, therefore making it difficult for them to explain to Heath the possibilities of side effects or drug interractions.

It seems as thought this is just a tragic accident. Which is why people are looking for somebody to blame, because we are so shocked that a hollywood star wasn't on cocaine and just hit the self-destruct button.

I liked him in The Patriot, A Knight's Tale. Monster's Ball was a weird movie, but he was good. I've not seen Brokeback Mountain, but understand his performance was fantastic. I've see The Dark Knight and he hit it out of the park. Wonderfully maniacal performance that I can't wait to see again. He was on the verge of superstardom.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/5/2008, 08:43 PM
He was in Monster's Ball?

I don't remember ANYBODY in Monster's Ball besides Halle Barry and Billy Bob.

And Little Billy. Grungy.

pergdaddy
8/6/2008, 08:57 AM
The only reason I remember him is because he was staying in the hotel when the hooker comes once a day and drops her clothes and bends over a chair. Well you know what he's going to do.

But Halle Berry was the only reason I didn't turn that crap off. Weird movie.

soonerbrat
8/6/2008, 09:00 AM
He was in Monster's Ball?

I don't remember ANYBODY in Monster's Ball besides Halle Barry and Billy Bob.

And Little Billy. Grungy.

he was Billy Bob's son that killed himself