PDA

View Full Version : Getting Leapfrogged?

IronHorseSooner
8/4/2008, 12:45 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8402220/Picking-apart-the-Coaches'-Poll?forum_key=StoryComments&topic_key=8402220&page_no=4

Pete claims that is FLA or LSU win out, they will leapfrog us. Well, first, FLA better find a secondary, those guys are droppinf like flies, and second, LSU better find a QB. Even with that, if we win out, we should be fine. Right?

soonermix
8/4/2008, 12:51 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8402220/Picking-apart-the-Coaches'-Poll?forum_key=StoryComments&topic_key=8402220&page_no=4

Pete claims that is FLA or LSU win out, they will leapfrog us. Well, first, FLA better find a secondary, those guys are droppinf like flies, and second, LSU better find a QB. Even with that, if we win out, we should be fine. Right?

playing in the big 12 it is very unlikley we will get leapfrogged.
see 2004 and auburn they were undefeated and never leapfrogged us.
also i don't really see fla or lsu winning out.

OKLA21FAN
8/4/2008, 12:51 PM
How about playing some games first before worried about the polls :pop:

The Maestro
8/4/2008, 12:54 PM
How about playing some games first before worried about the polls :pop:

NO DOUBT! Relax, brocephus. It's a wee bit early to worry about the final BCS standings.

BillyBall
8/4/2008, 01:03 PM
NO DOUBT! Relax, brocephus. It's a wee bit early to worry about the final BCS standings.

Good lord, a Maestro sighting... You know the season is getting close.

CORNholio
8/4/2008, 01:04 PM
But they come from the SEC so they must be better than us.:rolleyes:

The Maestro
8/4/2008, 01:22 PM
Good lord, a Maestro sighting... You know the season is getting close.

Yeah, it usually takes me this long to get ready for the season. With two kids now and a third on the way I have been busy. But, seeing as how we have a game THIS MONTH time to resurface. I'm ready for this stuff again...

badger
8/4/2008, 02:08 PM
The good news is that both FLA and LSU can't win out - they have these things (that Carroll, being in the Pac 10, is not aware of) called championship games for the conference. Thus, they will knock one of themselves out, a la Michigan/Ohio State in 2006.

It would also be possible for them to knock each other out. LSU @ Florida is Oct. 11.

EDIT: Didn't bother reading the article, so I thought "Pete" meant Carroll. Hehe.

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/4/2008, 03:29 PM
Everybody chillax...Fiutak is an idiot who doesn't know his @$$ from last Tuesday. This article has numerous fact errors (he can't seem to come to a definitive conclusion about which team is #5, but thanks for playing)...and I think it was last year where one of his prediction columns put Mizzou in the Sugar Bowl...after winning the Big 12, but not going to the MNC. Apparently the BCS has these newfangled things called CONFERENCE TIE-INS that "journalists" have no problem whatsoever overlooking.

badger
8/4/2008, 03:56 PM
Everybody chillax...Fiutak is an idiot who doesn't know his @$$ from last Tuesday. This article has numerous fact errors (he can't seem to come to a definitive conclusion about which team is #5, but thanks for playing)...and I think it was last year where one of his prediction columns put Mizzou in the Sugar Bowl...after winning the Big 12, but not going to the MNC. Apparently the BCS has these newfangled things called CONFERENCE TIE-INS that "journalists" have no problem whatsoever overlooking.

Yeah, it was pretty off, wasn't it?

In any event, my last ranking list was two word commentary. Shall I minimize it to one single word for each?

1. Georgia (22) --- HEDGES!
2. USC (14) --- BANDWAGON!
3. Ohio State (14) --- LOSERS!
4. Oklahoma (3) --- FORTHCOMING!
5. Florida (5) --- TEBOW! (omg)
6. LSU (3) --- LUCKY! (unless you're perilloux)
7. Missouri --- OVERRATED!
8. West Virginia --- CAKEWALK!
9. Clemson --- CHOKE!
10. Texas --- STATUS! (quo)
11.Auburn --- FALSE!
12. Wisconsin --- BOINK!
13. Kansas --- OVERWEIGHT!
14. Texas Tech --- POPULARITY!
15. Virginia Tech --- PREVAIL!
16. Arizona State --- BIAS! (east coast style)
17. BYU --- TOKEN!
18. Tennessee --- YESTERDAY!
19. Illinois --- YESTERYEAR!
20. Oregon --- QUACK!
21. South Florida --- HUH?
22. Penn State --- ZZZZZZZ...
23. Wake Forest --- BASKETBALL!
24. Michigan --- HAIL! (phail)
25. Fresno State --- PUNT!