PDA

View Full Version : Stoops opens two practices

Jay C. Upchurch
8/4/2008, 12:35 PM
NORMAN -- University of Oklahoma head football coach Bob Stoops announced today that his team will open two practices to the public. Those two workouts are set for Friday, Aug. 8 and Monday, Aug. 18.

Both practices will be held at the OU Rugby Fields east of the Lloyd Noble Center. A viewing area is available from the berm that borders that facility on the south side. Parking is available in the LNC lot.

Stoops said that his team’s preseason scrimmages will be closed.

“I wish we could open the scrimmages for our fans, but we are adding a few wrinkles and it’s better for us if we can work on those things in a scrimmage setting without restraint,” he said. “I hope the fans that want to see us before the season begins can take advantage of the open practices. We appreciate their support and I know it’s a lift for our team to see them too during this time of year when our players and coaches are working so hard.”

Both the Aug. 8 and Aug. 18 practices are slated for 9-11:30 a.m.

OU SID Report

BigDeezy
8/4/2008, 12:57 PM
Wow!

Are we the only team in the Big 12 that won't have an open scrimmage? How unusual is this?

badger
8/4/2008, 01:10 PM
Wow!

Are we the only team in the Big 12 that won't have an open scrimmage? How unusual is this?

Ummm... the Red/White game doesn't count?

BigDeezy
8/4/2008, 01:50 PM
I was referring to fall scrimmages, as did the article.