PDA

View Full Version : For the stadium savy...

sooner59
8/4/2008, 12:14 PM
Im getting my parents tickets to a game this season. Last year, they got to see their first Sooner game in person. Unfortunately it was Baylor. I have promised a better game this year but that is beside the point. They are not in the best of health physically and 60 rows up was too much for them last year. I have heard that you can contact the ticket office about exchanging your ticket for one in the disabled section. They called and the ticket office said that there is two such areas. I knew about the south endzone area, but apparently there is another that I am not aware of. Does anyone know where the other disabled seating area is?

AMSooner
8/4/2008, 01:39 PM
I'm not sure where the disabled seating areas are.

Have you looked into getting them elevator passes? My tickets are on Row 69 and my FIL has an elevator pass. He just had to send a doctor's note to the ticket office. You might want to call the ticket office and ask them how to get a pass.

Paperclip
8/4/2008, 01:53 PM
I believe there are two areas low on the East side near each end zone.

badger
8/4/2008, 02:00 PM
Howdy, howdy!

Your disabled seating areas are actually right in front of the student section. Your parents might be able to mingle with the Soonermen, which will indeed make any game the most fun and exciting game of their lives, regardless of the opponent or the outcome! :D

I'm saying this from experience - the best games are ones where you're surrounded by fun fans.

The other area, obviously, is the south endzone. It's why there's a net around the field goal post, so it doesn't land in that area.

badger
8/4/2008, 02:00 PM
I'm not sure where the disabled seating areas are.

Have you looked into getting them elevator passes? My tickets are on Row 69 and my FIL has an elevator pass. He just had to send a doctor's note to the ticket office. You might want to call the ticket office and ask them how to get a pass.

Your "elevator pass" is unfortunately a luxury afforded to thousands. Your parents will be waiting in line for like an hour to use the elevator if you go this route.

I must insist that you look for ground level seating.

sooner59
8/4/2008, 06:49 PM
Howdy, howdy!

Your disabled seating areas are actually right in front of the student section. Your parents might be able to mingle with the Soonermen, which will indeed make any game the most fun and exciting game of their lives, regardless of the opponent or the outcome! :D

I'm saying this from experience - the best games are ones where you're surrounded by fun fans.

The other area, obviously, is the south endzone. It's why there's a net around the field goal post, so it doesn't land in that area.

Thanks Badger! That helps alot. I will let them know, so they can make appropriate arrangements.

SoonerSnareMom
8/4/2008, 07:11 PM
Your parents will be able to exchange their tickets on gameday as soon as the box office opens. You can find more details on how to go about this on www.soonersports.com. Keep in mind that it's first come, first served, so they should plan on being in line when the box office opens.

badger
8/4/2008, 07:25 PM
Thanks Badger! That helps alot. I will let them know, so they can make appropriate arrangements.

I had friends (recent OU grads) who sat in front of the student section. One of them is confined a wheelchair. So my guess is that recent tix people will be there, whereas older tix people will have more permanent seats in the south endzone.

sooner59
8/5/2008, 11:16 AM
Lots of good info. Thanks everybody. I appreciate your help.