PDA

View Full Version : Iowa: Another program went the wrong way

Jacie
8/4/2008, 11:31 AM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=833142

What happened to Kirk Ferentz reads like a shortened version of the events that brought down The King, except that Kirk has stayed on to watch things unravel. It is painful to see, I think so anyway, because cornbelt teams have a tough enough time winning a lot with any consistency. Their pain was once OUr pain. Pity the hawkeyes . . .

stoops the eternal pimp
8/4/2008, 11:36 AM
After meeting a couple of Hawkeye fans in 2005 at the OU Red White game, I have kinda enjoyed watching them fall...Those guys were making fun of Paul Thompson and saying how Iowa was gonna rule college football for the next 5 years....

Frozen Sooner
8/4/2008, 11:48 AM
Having lived in Des Moines in 1998, I can say that the downfall of Iowa amuses me.

They force out a legend in Hayden Fry. They force out another legend in Tom Davis. They go searching for a football coach and assume that Bob Stoops will jump at the chance to coach his alma mater, and depending on which story you believe either dick around forever offering him a contract so he accepts the sure thing at Oklahoma or give him a salary offer that's insultingly low.

Then their fan base spends the next three years talking about how Kirk Ferentz is going to bring his NFL-style professionalism to Iowa football.