PDA

View Full Version : Most Hated List Question

pergdaddy
8/4/2008, 10:46 AM
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I know OU is on the list, but we're (I'm a Buckeye fan) #1.

I guess two questions: 1)Do most Sooner fans feel the same way? 2) WHy do you suppose we are both so hated?

Just looking for other perspectives.

Thanks.

birddog
8/4/2008, 10:50 AM
for me, i hate teams based on who has worked over my sooners historically. so i guess i don't have any reason to hate tOSU. as far as i'm concerned, all fans are idiots except the sooner brethren.

soonersn20xx
8/4/2008, 11:05 AM
I resent tOSU because of the media bias your university gets, it is only second to Notre Dame.

StoopTroup
8/4/2008, 11:08 AM
I don't think I even hate tOsU...

I just wanna see OU kick the **** outta them.

Curly Bill
8/4/2008, 11:14 AM
I don't like tosu, but they're not at the top of my hate list like say: Uterus, USuC, the Domers, and UTenn.

OUDoc
8/4/2008, 11:17 AM
Nah, tOSU wouldn't make my list. ND, texas, usc, miami, oklahoma state, texas tech (recently).

stoops the eternal pimp
8/4/2008, 11:19 AM
It has to do with being a top football program...nobody hates the guys at the bottom(except for their rival) because nobody cares about them

as far as tOSU, I have no feelings whatsoever...I like Tressel....Just because a team gets smoked in a NC game doesn't mean they don't deserve a chance the next year...They win the games they should win...

soonersn20xx
8/4/2008, 11:37 AM
Maybe tOSU would get more respect if their conference wasn't so weak.......strength of schedule should be factored back in.

Jacie
8/4/2008, 11:41 AM
Most of the schools on my Teams-I-Love-to-Hate List are the ones that Oklahoma owes a lot of beatdowns to even the won-loss columns (domers, suc, saxet, cocaines). I make an exception for the puffs, a school that traditionally had really obnoxious fans (saxet qualifies on this point, too). The sand aggies and o-ducks are recent additions since their success over Oklahoma was due to the play of the zebras.

I don't have a problem with Ohio State, we beat your guys in your house, you beat OUrs in Norman, series tied 1-1. It probably helps that I had a good time in Columbus and was cordially received and treated well by my frat brothers that weekend. I don't much like how the Big 10 and Pac 10 thing with the Rose Bowl keeps the BCS from any kind of meaningful change in the way the National Championship is awarded but that is about my only knock on tOSU.

The only reason fans in general hate either school is simple, the football teams are dominant year in and year out. It's called envy.

lindscy
8/4/2008, 11:43 AM
1 - For the most part, I don't think a lot of us Sooners hate TOSU because there's no head-to-head rivalry between the schools. Also, we're not close geographically so our fans don't interact routinely and we don't often get into recruiting battles.

2 - I think we're both hated because we both have dominant football programs and people tend to hate those types of programs for many reasons (jealousy, resentment, perception of various types of misconduct). Why would anyone hate bother hating schools like Baylor, Iowa State or Minnesota? What have they done to anyone lately?

All that being said, I had a roommate in New York City who was a TOSU alum. During football season, we spent our Saturdays watching OU and TOSU games at the alumni bars with our fellow Sooners and Buckeyes, and we faithfully cheered for each other's team. I'm a huge football fan and have an undying love for my Sooners, but she took it to a whole new level (as did many of the other TOSU fans I met through her). She was literally devestated when TOSU lost to Florida and not in the "I-woke-up-the-next-day-with-a sick-feeling-in-the-pit-of-my-stomach-and-a-knot-in-my-throat-knowing-the-world-was-a-worse-place-than-the-day-before" feeling that I had when we lost to USC and LSU. Hers was like "I'm going to riot in the streets, burn cars, kill all Florida and Michigan fans (because when is the time not right to kill Michigan fans?), then slit my wrists." I dreaded going outside of the apartment with her because if we encountered someone wearing a Michigan or Texas (a rivalry she adopted after the home-and-home series) shirt, she would yell at them, even if she was completely sober and it was a Tuesday in April. I'm quite certain that if our fanbases ever encountered one another, we would despise each other.

Desert Sapper
8/4/2008, 11:45 AM
It's the same perception that we (being the Sooners) suffer from. Fans feel that you never deserved to be in those two championship games. tOSU, like OU, had the talent to win those games. Similarly, neither of us produced on the big stage in our last two MNC games. At least tOSU has won a BCS bowl within the last 5 years.

KantoSooner
8/4/2008, 01:39 PM
Re: Buckeye hatred
Historically, because I thought that Woody Hayes was devil spawn who needed to be beaten constantly as a matter of unflinching principle. Recently because they get rated very highly even though they are a mediocre team, at best. Other than that, I quite like tOSU.
Re: Sooner hatred
Penis envy, pure and simple. Those what ain't got, want.

cheezyq
8/4/2008, 02:20 PM
Not that it's completely true (I rarely watch any OhSU games), but I think Tressel and the Bux are considered kinda boring. In general, people don't want to see that kind of game. Again, I wouldn't know bcuz I don't watch Big 11 games, but I get that vibe.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/4/2008, 02:35 PM
Not that it's completely true (I rarely watch any OhSU games), but I think Tressel and the Bux are considered kinda boring. In general, people don't want to see that kind of game. Again, I wouldn't know bcuz I don't watch Big 11 games, but I get that vibe.
Good point. Being boring doesn't make me hate you, but being boring makes me not care.

When was the last time you got excited about a big 10 game?

Ohio St - Mich 2006?

BORRRRINGGGGG!

soonermix
8/4/2008, 02:45 PM
1) i think we hate texas way to much to even consider tosu much
2) winning.

tommieharris91
8/4/2008, 02:50 PM
I'd hate tOSU if we played em. Otherwise, there are a lot of other schools to hate, like texass, okie light, usc, nd...

pergdaddy
8/4/2008, 03:16 PM
Watching the Buckeyes is not boring, but I'm biased. Much like you would be with OU.

Big Ten is down, but I don't think it's weak. It's on the way up, but will take some time to get there.

I've never said one bad thing about OU. There's never been anything that happened to make me hate OU or anything. I have too much hatred for Notre Dame, Penn State and Michigan.

pergdaddy
8/4/2008, 03:17 PM
Kanto,
Not mediocre, but definitely blew it on the big stage. that's my opinion, even if I'm wrong.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/4/2008, 03:24 PM
Watching the Buckeyes is not boring, but I'm biased. Much like you would be with OU.

Big Ten is down, but I don't think it's weak. It's on the way up, but will take some time to get there.

I've never said one bad thing about OU. There's never been anything that happened to make me hate OU or anything. I have too much hatred for Notre Dame, Penn State and Michigan.

just because we don't *hate* you doesn't mean we won't be rooting against you every week.

Hate stems from battery and tortilla throwing fans, wise cracking coaches, and long time rivalries. And the color orange.

Jdog
8/4/2008, 04:36 PM
When we "had" a rivalry with Nebs it wasn't about Hate - it was about respect. Tejas on the other hand is all about hate - though we have to caveat it with the reality that they did name their stadium after an OU all American.
my list:
1) Condoms
2) Steers
3) Choking Pokes
4) Domers
5) and because they have the worst fan in the world - Colorado
28) The OSU

r5TPsooner
8/4/2008, 05:41 PM
When we "had" a rivalry with Nebs it wasn't about Hate - it was about respect. Tejas on the other hand is all about hate - though we have to caveat it with the reality that they did name their stadium after an OU all American.
my list:
1) Condoms
2) Steers
3) Choking Pokes
4) Domers
5) and because they have the worst fan in the world - Colorado
28) The OSU

5b.) Kansas State. BTW they act, you'd of thunk that they have some crystal sitting in there trophy case.

BoulderSooner79
8/4/2008, 06:07 PM
It's good to be hated - it means you win most your games. I'll bet OU was at its most lovable in the '90s and I don't want to turn the clock back to those days, thank-you-very-much.

In reality, I don't hate other teams, I just want to beat them on the field.

Wait, there is OSU (not tOSU). Why do I hate them? Because they force OU to have to beat them every single year. OU can win 20 in a row and the poke fans will still be talking about that 1 defeat 20 years ago. Arg! We have to keep winning until every last poke fan that saw the last defeat has passed away. But if we must we must.

Blue
8/4/2008, 11:08 PM
Why do I hate osu? They're fans are *******s and after living in Columbus and Canton, the state is the biggest hell-hole in the union. Other than that, I don't think about them much.

WA. Sooner
8/5/2008, 02:21 AM
texass
the U
nd
In that order

pergdaddy
8/5/2008, 01:51 PM
JCS,
Sorry to hear that. Gotta disagree with you though.

GReat responses from all. I love coming here. Passionate, yet intelligent comments.

Jdog
8/5/2008, 02:32 PM
5b.) Kansas State. BTW they act, you'd of thunk that they have some crystal sitting in there trophy case.

Very true

Blue
8/6/2008, 02:03 AM
JCS,
Sorry to hear that. Gotta disagree with you though.

GReat responses from all. I love coming here. Passionate, yet intelligent comments.

Ohio sucks. So does Osu. Go find a WAC board to give you love.