PDA

View Full Version : Finally an informative article in the Jokelahoman

tulsaoilerfan
8/3/2008, 06:06 PM
Too lazy to post a link, but in Sunday's DO there was a story about OU's national championship teams and how every one of them has had more starters from Oklahoma than from Texas;so, be sure to throw that back at any :texan: that claims otherwise.

Dan Thompson
8/3/2008, 07:11 PM
You can see why newspapers are in trouble.

badger
8/3/2008, 07:20 PM
Linky (http://newsok.com/texans-dominate-ou-roster/article/3278368/?tm=1217740820)
I think it would be unfair to criticize out-of-state recruiting.

tulsaoilerfan
8/3/2008, 10:16 PM
Linky (http://newsok.com/texans-dominate-ou-roster/article/3278368/?tm=1217740820)
I think it would be unfair to criticize out-of-state recruiting.

I wish we would try to bring in more Oklahoma kids; that to me is disappointing

badger
8/4/2008, 08:15 AM
I wish we would try to bring in more Oklahoma kids; that to me is disappointing

Well, its either "win with the great recruits we've been getting big 12 championships" or "be like mack, only recruit in your own state and choke when things start to go wrong and you can't just rely on talent."

Mack is a case study in what happens when you only recruit in your own state... and his state is one of the most football talent rich states, not to mention populous states in the country!

Mack doesn't seek talent, he seeks Texas talent... and he goes to the Holiday Bowl virtually every year a Vince Young doesn't bail him out.

So... would you like to go to the Holiday Bowl every year??? :D

bonkuba
8/4/2008, 08:59 AM
Well, its either "win with the great recruits we've been getting big 12 championships" or "be like mack, only recruit in your own state and choke when things start to go wrong and you can't just rely on talent."

Mack is a case study in what happens when you only recruit in your own state... and his state is one of the most football talent rich states, not to mention populous states in the country!

Mack doesn't seek talent, he seeks Texas talent... and he goes to the Holiday Bowl virtually every year a Vince Young doesn't bail him out.

So... would you like to go to the Holiday Bowl every year??? :D

Short answer is heck no!!! But the otherside is that is a great area, weather and a nice place. I really enjoyed the experience.....well other than the duck fans that were around us.......geeeeesh those frickn' duck calls were driving me insane.

badger
8/4/2008, 09:09 AM
Short answer is heck no!!! But the otherside is that is a great area, weather and a nice place. I really enjoyed the experience.....well other than the duck fans that were around us.......geeeeesh those frickn' duck calls were driving me insane.

Ok, ok... let me take a better route. Would you like to have...

1- Lost to your aggie-like rival two years in a row in years when aggie wasn't that good at all?

2- Lost to your Red River rival five times in a row, most recently losing this past season?

3- Never go to the Big 12 championship (except one lone year with Vince Young) despite having stocked talent (and in-state talent!) each and every year?

4- Endure year-in year-out embarrassments as your conference rival takes the championship, goes to BCS games and begins stealing your own state's top talent?

So there you have it. Do you want to recruit like Mack, or do you want to recruit like Bob?

OUgradJeff
8/4/2008, 04:52 PM
3- Never go to the Big 12 championship (except one lone year with Vince Young) despite having stocked talent (and in-state talent!) each and every year?

In all fairness, Mack has gone to 3 Big XII Championship games: 1999 (lost to Nebraska), 2001 (lost to Colorado), & 2005 (beat Colorado).

douxpaysan
8/4/2008, 05:25 PM
In all fairness, Mack has gone to 3 Big XII Championship games: 1999 (lost to Nebraska), 2001 (lost to Colorado), & 2005 (beat Colorado).

You're so right. Didn't they don south division champion rings(dat's a mouffull) in 200l?:texan: