PDA

View Full Version : I just saw

Phil
8/2/2008, 06:33 PM
on the news that Aggy are wearing, everywhere they go, little orange wristbands that say "Big 12 Champs - Dec. 6, 2008." Mebbe T. Boone bought up a bunch of tix he's gonna give away, because that's the only way they're getting into Arrowhead on that day.

tommieharris91
8/2/2008, 06:35 PM
on the news that Aggy are wearing, everywhere they go, little orange wristbands that say "Big 12 Champs - Dec. 6, 2008." Mebbe T. Boone bought up a bunch of tix he's gonna give away, because that's the only way they're getting into Arrowhead on that day.

The football gods frown on this. Then again, the football gods frown on Stillwater.

batonrougesooner
8/2/2008, 06:38 PM
Shouldn't those wristbands be crimson?

Outopia
8/2/2008, 06:38 PM

Is this true? This has to be a joke,,,,,, right????.........or maybe,,,,,, it's to remind them to Tivo the game,,,,,, since they will be making big holiday plans for Shreveport.

badger
8/2/2008, 06:44 PM

Is this the students, or the players? I know all of us wore "Finish" a few years ago, students and players alike.

We all know how well that turned out so it need not be mentioned ever again. :mad:

soonersn20xx
8/2/2008, 06:54 PM
I have no tolerance, pity, or patience left for those people in Stillwater. I just wish they would go away, don't you?

Dan Thompson
8/2/2008, 07:08 PM
Who told the football gods where Stillwater is?

bonkuba
8/2/2008, 10:36 PM
Who told the football gods where Stillwater is?

Better yet.....what gods would even care???:D

colleyvillesooner
8/2/2008, 10:51 PM
I think I speak for everyone when I say:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Flagstaffsooner
8/2/2008, 11:32 PM
The football gods frown on this. Then again, the football gods frown on Stillwater.Thats where they poop.

r5TPsooner
8/2/2008, 11:42 PM
You're The Inspiration by Chicago.

Oops, wrong thread.

KingDavid
8/3/2008, 12:08 AM
Thats where they poop.

a vertical frown.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/3/2008, 12:13 AM
I have no tolerance, pity, or patience left for those people in Stillwater. I just wish they would go away, don't you?Excellent, and I might add, could we never mention them again, ever, for any reason whatsoever?:stunned: [hairGel] :eddie: RIP, OR IN TORMENT!

Boomer.....
8/3/2008, 12:46 AM
Those sad, sad souls.

JLEW1818
8/3/2008, 01:43 AM
That is like saying the Houston Texans are going to win the Superbowl this year. I'm a huge Texan fan who hates Dallas just as much as UT. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. There is a thing that I've learned through college, "common sense is not common."

Crucifax Autumn
8/3/2008, 01:56 AM
Well, in their defense it's not like they can pull out their "National Champs 2000" shirts for inspiration!

setem
8/3/2008, 02:44 AM
I may get one and on one side I am going to write. "Yeah Right"

Charla
8/3/2008, 09:58 AM
You mean T-Bone is not God.

badger
8/3/2008, 10:09 AM
That is like saying the Houston Texans are going to win the Superbowl this year. I'm a huge Texan fan who hates Dallas just as much as UT. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. There is a thing that I've learned through college, "common sense is not common."

NP is a Texans fan too. I'm not sure if its because he knows that I loathe the Cowboys as a lifelong Packers fan, or if he, too, is just sick of the alleged "America's Team."

Perhaps next year, since ESPN to readily shat on Green Bay's "Titletown, USA" nickname, we can have an ESPN contest to determine "America's Team." Nothing like PO'ed Dallas fans :D

Of course, the Texans have had aggie-like hopes (any coincidence they are from Houston? Hmm...) of becoming Texas' new team. Remember when David Carr was swaggering around Houston's Dome after his first game in the NFL, a win over the Cowboys? Remember when the Texans were on Monday Night Football and all they could talk about was comparing David Carr to Brett Favre, everything from ball arch to shoe size? Remember when the guy you took over OMG REGGIE BUSH made the pro bowl and your team nearly made the playoffs?

Anyways, long story short, screw the Cowboys. Gooo Texans, because having another team in Texas is funny :D

hgarmorer
8/3/2008, 10:32 AM
here you go...
http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/sports/local_story_215230022.html

How about this little gem...
A large poster showing the Big 12 championship trophy was hung in the team’s meeting room, featuring the words loyalty, attitude, effort and finish — the last one a reference to the two games that slipped away, along with the team’s chances at winning the South Division.

JLEW1818
8/3/2008, 10:44 AM
NP is a Texans fan too. I'm not sure if its because he knows that I loathe the Cowboys as a lifelong Packers fan, or if he, too, is just sick of the alleged "America's Team."

Perhaps next year, since ESPN to readily shat on Green Bay's "Titletown, USA" nickname, we can have an ESPN contest to determine "America's Team." Nothing like PO'ed Dallas fans :D

Of course, the Texans have had aggie-like hopes (any coincidence they are from Houston? Hmm...) of becoming Texas' new team. Remember when David Carr was swaggering around Houston's Dome after his first game in the NFL, a win over the Cowboys? Remember when the Texans were on Monday Night Football and all they could talk about was comparing David Carr to Brett Favre, everything from ball arch to shoe size? Remember when the guy you took over OMG REGGIE BUSH made the pro bowl and your team nearly made the playoffs?

Anyways, long story short, screw the Cowboys. Gooo Texans, because having another team in Texas is funny :D

Yes the Texans first ever win was against the Dallas Cowboys, I will never forget that. Texans made a great pick by taking Mario Williams over R. Bush. However everybody in Houston really wanted Vince Young.

badger
8/3/2008, 11:05 AM
Yes the Texans first ever win was against the Dallas Cowboys, I will never forget that. Texans made a great pick by taking Mario Williams over R. Bush. However everybody in Houston really wanted Vince Young.

See, I know a tad bit about teh fooseball ;)

I remember VY's disappointment at his draft stock free fall (but he was nowhere near as free falling as Matt Lion-fart). I think your draft year was the first that teams were taking a stand at the beginning of the first round, saying "Yes, you're good, but we know darn well that you'll hold out for 20 weeks until you have your $50 million signing bonus and we really don't want the trouble" by signing Mario instead of Reggie Bush. Of course Bush-push made a big deal about going to New Orleans and helping the Hurricane victims, but he was merely hiding his disappointment at not going No. 1 and getting more money (we all know the Bush family is after the money).

So, in that aspect, you guys are trend setters :D No drafting stuck up QB's, RB's or WR's who think its all about them on draft day. No to Brady Quinn (whose agent reminds you "Quinn should have been a top 10 pick, so he should be paid like one"), Vince Young (who reminds you that Wonderlic sucks), Matt Leinart (who reminds you that baby mama drama is not worse than six-figure annual child support payments), Reggie Bush (who reminds you that if you know anything about his off-field times at USC that he can offer more money than the NCAA to SHUT UP, ALREADY!) and Jamarcus Russell (who reminds you that the Raiders would have not sucked NEARLY as much had they just paid him more money that Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Brett Favre like he deserved in the first place).

:rolleyes:

Soonerfan88
8/3/2008, 11:52 AM
Has anyone actually seen the bracelets? Because according to newsok.com, they have the wrong date!!!

Either their beat writer is an idiot (he is employed by DOK) or they don't know how to read a calendar.

:pop:

Bracelets give Pokes a road map to successBy Scott Wright
Staff Writer
STILLWATER — When Oklahoma State tailback Keith Toston doesn't feel like he can run another wind sprint or lift another weight or go through another drill in practice, he looks down at his left wrist.

That's where he has his rubber orange bracelet with black lettering that reads: "Big 12 Champs, Dec. 8, 2008.”

tommieharris91
8/3/2008, 11:53 AM
Has anyone actually seen the bracelets? Because according to newsok.com, they have the wrong date --- Dec 8!!!

Either their beat writer is an idiot (he is employed by DOK) or they don't know how to read a calendar.

:pop:
Aggie is as aggie does.

SoonerDood
8/3/2008, 12:12 PM
here you go...

A large poster showing the Big 12 championship trophy was hung in the team’s meeting room, featuring the words loyalty, attitude, effort and finish — the last one a reference to the two games that slipped away, along with the team’s chances at winning the South Division.

Hopefully I'm not the only one catching this- but even if the Chokes had held on and beaten Texas and A&M, they would've been 6-2 in the conference. By virtue of Oklahoma's HUGE head-to-head win, the Chokes STILL WOULD NOT HAVE WON THE SOUTH DIVISION!

mizzOUstu702
8/3/2008, 12:15 PM
http://www.ncaafootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=34&url_article_id=12476&change_well_id=2

Hahaha, little Zac was too embarrassed to show the message on the wrist band. I would be too...and Gundy's not taking credit for it. The wristband of shame.

The orange band around quarterback Zac Robinson's left wrist was inside out, so he had to twist it around to reveal the message inside.

Printed in black letters was Oklahoma State's preferred ending for this season: Big 12 Champs.

It was with those hopes that the Cowboys opened fall camp this week before meeting Saturday with reporters at the team's annual media day. Following back-to-back 7-6 seasons that were capped by bowl victories, Oklahoma State wants to make some more noise this season.

``That's our goal is to be in that Big 12 championship game, and we know first we've got to take care of the South,'' said Robinson, who is embarking on his first full season as Oklahoma State's quarterback after replacing Bobby Reid early last year.

``If we take care of the South, anything can happen in that one game.''

The Cowboys have some ground to make up before they can boast their first conference title since they shared the Big Eight crown in 1976, but the gap seems to be closing. Oklahoma State lost by a single point at Texas A&M last season and had a 21-point lead against Texas before a second-half collapse. Those close calls have players believing they can take the next step as a true Big 12 contender.

And they're wearing it - if not on their sleeve, then on their arm.

``Big 12 Champs. It's just something we're trying to keep on our brain around here. As long as we've got it in our brain, that's just going to keep the drive in us, keep us going,'' said tight end Brandon Pettigrew, an all-Big 12 selection by league coaches last season.

Players said the wristbands - which also feature Dec. 6, the date of the Big 12 championship game in Kansas City, Mo. - were handed out by the coaching staff, although head coach Mike Gundy isn't taking any of the credit.

``I'm not a big jewelry guy. I don't wear rings or bracelets or anything, but they put one of those on my desk. I think it's more of a commitment to team and a goal,'' Gundy said.

``One thing that we had mentioned as a unit, and as coaches and players, is we don't talk enough around here about winning a championship and I think that that's something that maybe has evolved over 50 years around here and that our players felt like they needed to talk more about winning a championship.''

A large poster showing the Big 12 championship trophy was hung in the team's meeting room, featuring the words loyalty, attitude, effort and finish - the last one a reference to the two games that slipped away, along with the team's chances at winning the South Division.

``We just know that we've been in the mix the last couple years. We know that we've been right there and it's just a matter of finishing games,'' Robinson said.

There are a number of question marks on both sides of the ball, too. Robinson returns after setting the school's season record for total offense last season, but the Cowboys will be without leading rusher Dantrell Savage and top receiver Adarius Bowman.

Running back Kendall Hunter and receiver Dez Bryant, who showed flashes of brilliance as freshmen last season, will be expected to take on a bigger load while Pettigrew could become an even bigger focal point.

Defensive coordinator Tim Beckman, in his second season at Oklahoma State, hopes to dramatically improve a unit that gave up 29.5 points per game and ranked 101st in the nation in total yardage allowed.

``We're hungry because we want to prove to everybody that we're a good defense and we want to earn the respect that our offense got from everybody,'' said Andre Sexton, who moved from safety to linebacker this spring to help speed up the defense.

``We don't believe we're 101st. We're better than that, so we have to go out and prove it now.''

Oklahoma State opens its season Aug. 30 in Seattle against Washington State and then plays three nonconference home games before the wristband goal comes into focus when Big 12 play starts Oct. 4 against Texas A&M.

If all goes well, the Cowboys hope to be trading the bands on their wrists for rings on their fingers about two months later.

``I think the difference is we're talking about winning a championship. Last year, we would say it but this year guys really do believe,'' Robinson said. ``There's a whole different attitude to this team. I think some of the guys that maybe didn't have such good attitudes are now gone.

``It's a whole lot different with this team. They're willing to come out every day and try to get better.''

Outopia
8/3/2008, 12:48 PM
Hopefully I'm not the only one catching this- but even if the Chokes had held on and beaten Texas and A&M, they would've been 6-2 in the conference. By virtue of Oklahoma's HUGE head-to-head win, the Chokes STILL WOULD NOT HAVE WON THE SOUTH DIVISION!

No, no, no, don't confuse them in their mythical delusions and dreams. It's just like when no one ever challenges their myth about keeping us out of the National Champoinship game in "01. How does one team with a loss to A&M (OU) play for an NC over an undefeated Miami and an undefeated tOSU? Losing to the pokes didn't cost OU that year. It doesn't stop them (OSU) from spinning it that way though. I even saw in the Tulsa World recently this was quoted as fact by the writer Haisten.

8/3/2008, 01:05 PM
No, no, no, don't confuse them in their mythical delusions and dreams. It's just like when no one ever challenges their myth about keeping us out of the National Champoinship game in "01. How does one team with a loss to A&M (OU) play for an NC over an undefeated Miami and an undefeated tOSU? Losing to the pokes didn't cost OU that year. It doesn't stop them (OSU) from spinning it that way though. I even saw in the Tulsa World recently this was quoted as fact by the writer Haisten.Wasn't it the '02 season when Thugu and tosu were both undefeated, and played for the NC? (In '01, Thugu smoked a nebbish team that was pretty mediocre, actually, to easily win the NC. That year, nebbish beat OU in lincoln, after Jason white had his first knee go kaput on him. We later that season lost to stoolwater, late in the game) We didn't lose to both aTm and stoolwater til '02.

King Crimson
8/3/2008, 01:21 PM
Wasn't it the '02 season when Thugu and tosu were both undefeated, and played for the NC? (In '01, Thugu smoked a nebbish team that was pretty mediocre, actually, to easily win the NC. That year, nebbish beat OU in lincoln, after Jason white had his first knee go kaput on him. We later that season lost to stoolwater, late in the game) We didn't lose to both aTm and stoolwater til '02.

Rush is correct. if you think about it, we beat ATM in 2000 at Kyle. we lose to them (in the Reggie McNeal, bite on every play-fake game) also at Kyle....which has to be two years later: 2002.

though, in 2002 we get way down early at OSU, and kind of get back into it but not enough.

soonersn20xx
8/3/2008, 01:41 PM
Aggie is as aggie does.
Or............like my momma said, "You can't fix stupid". :D

Sooner24
8/3/2008, 02:24 PM
Or............like my momma said, "You can't fix stupid". :D

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/08/63/02/image_4702638.jpg

This is your mother!!! :eek:

setem
8/3/2008, 02:26 PM
'We just know that we've been in the mix the last couple years. We know that we've been right there and it's just a matter of finishing games,'' Robinson said.

Just because butter is in the chocolate chip cookie mix doesn't mean that they call them Butter chip cookies. You gotta be one of the high profile ingredients to make in the title(game). That **** they produce up in stoolwater is not in the recipe for a Big XII Championship. They can wear all the bracelets they want but the fact is they have no D and a quarterback who has a standard I don't think he can live up to.

picasso
8/3/2008, 02:28 PM
here you go...

I was at the oSu game last year. The only thing that slipped away was the score.

goingoneight
8/3/2008, 02:34 PM
How many people want to bet that the letters are in italics? :D

Outopia
8/3/2008, 02:39 PM
Wasn't it the '02 season when Thugu and tosu were both undefeated, and played for the NC? (In '01, Thugu smoked a nebbish team that was pretty mediocre, actually, to easily win the NC. That year, nebbish beat OU in lincoln, after Jason white had his first knee go kaput on him. We later that season lost to stoolwater, late in the game) We didn't lose to both aTm and stoolwater til '02.

You're right. Wrong year.

StoopTroup
8/3/2008, 02:49 PM
When I'm at Home Depot and I run into an Aggie...I like to ask them what aisle stuff is on. :D

VA Sooner
8/3/2008, 03:02 PM
Pretty bold to wear bracelets with Big 12 Champs written on them... subject for ridicule for the rest of the season. Will they take them off after their first loss? Will it be a constant reminder of failure after the OU-OSU game?

Should I buy one for posterity?

badger
8/3/2008, 03:24 PM
"Big 12 Champs, Dec. 8, 2008.”

I can explain! Oh please let me explain!

You see, the Dec. 6 championship game is a NIGHT game, ok? Also, it's on a SATURDAY. Unfortunately (for them), there are no Big 12 championship games in Stillwater. This one happens to be in Kansas City at Arrowhead, so we must factor in THE FOLLOWING INTANGIBLES:

0- Travel from KC to Still is a long time. First of all, OSU fans will party like its 1960 if they win, and thus, will not be back in Stilly until Monday, Dec. 8... and will call in sick to work.
1- Sunday, Dec. 7 is the day the final polls get released, which will not appear until the next day's edition in major newspapers, which is Monday, Dec. 8.
2- Monday, Dec. 8 is the next day of classes at Oklahoma State.
3- Monday, Dec. 8 is the quickest OSU can print commemorative t-shirts, hats and model championship T. Boone windmills to appear in OSU bookstores.
4- Monday, Dec. 8 is 12/8/08. This number is significant because the conference is now the Big 12. The conference used to be the Big 8, the last time OSU won their single conference title, but won nine MVC titles. 9-1=8. Thus, 12/8/08 is actually (Big) 12/ (Big) 8 / (championships from MVC minus Big 8 equals) 08 (unless we count the one we plan on winning).

So as you can see, it is perfect (aggie) logic that the bracelets says Dec. 8, 08. A photo genius may look at the newsok.com photo album with the story to see if they actually say Dec. 8 or not, but as I have cleverly figured out, this is NOT a mistake on T. Boone's, Holder's or Gundy's part and are just being called on being too cheap to correct it! Rather, this is their year, guys :D

As Homer Simpson points out...

"Come to Homer's BBBQ... the extra 'B' is for BYOBB..."

"What's that extra 'B' for?"

"...that's a typo."

8/3/2008, 03:41 PM
I can explain! Oh please let me explain!

You see, the Dec. 6 championship game is a NIGHT game, ok? Also, it's on a SATURDAY. Unfortunately (for them), there are no Big 12 championship games in Stillwater. This one happens to be in Kansas City at Arrowhead, so we must factor in THE FOLLOWING INTANGIBLES:

0- Travel from KC to Still is a long time. First of all, OSU fans will party like its 1960 if they win, and thus, will not be back in Stilly until Monday, Dec. 8... and will call in sick to work.
1- Sunday, Dec. 7 is the day the final polls get released, which will not appear until the next day's edition in major newspapers, which is Monday, Dec. 8.
2- Monday, Dec. 8 is the next day of classes at Oklahoma State.
3- Monday, Dec. 8 is the quickest OSU can print commemorative t-shirts, hats and model championship T. Boone windmills to appear in OSU bookstores.
4- Monday, Dec. 8 is 12/8/08. This number is significant because the conference is now the Big 12. The conference used to be the Big 8, the last time OSU won their single conference title, but won nine MVC titles. 9-1=8. Thus, 12/8/08 is actually (Big) 12/ (Big) 8 / (championships from MVC minus Big 8 equals) 08 (unless we count the one we plan on winning).

So as you can see, it is perfect (aggie) logic that the bracelets says Dec. 8, 08. A photo genius may look at the newsok.com photo album with the story to see if they actually say Dec. 8 or not, but as I have cleverly figured out, this is NOT a mistake on T. Boone's, Holder's or Gundy's part and are just being called on being too cheap to correct it! Rather, this is their year, guys :D

As Homer Simpson points out...

"Come to Homer's BBBQ... the extra 'B' is for BYOBB..."

"What's that extra 'B' for?"

"...that's a typo."uuhhh...........AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH!

badger
8/3/2008, 04:00 PM
uuhhh...........AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH!

Aggie logic is pain inducing, yes. VA Sooner, yes, they are setting themselves up for ridicule, but then again, keep in mind that this is the same school that called themselves "The Most Powerful Offense in the Universe" last year and got away with it until the season started, because they had not opened practices to the public.

I have a fun and related story in this regard. I had convinced a talented runner to try cross country our senior year. It was her first time trying the sport, so she was not really aware of expectations and standards for qualifying for statewide competitions. Because of this (unfortunately), she was led to believe by other first-year teammates that she was going to be going to state and they were encouraging her to make state and expectations were high for the qualifying race. I knew (and another teammate who had also run for several years) that she was not a of the caliber to reach state, but didn't have the heart to tell her, plus there was always the outside chance that 30 or so runners in front of her would trip on a steep hill and she could qualify that way... long story short, she was 30th in that race and the top 7 qualify and she was inconsolable afterward. She had no reason to believe that she wouldn't be going to state because everyone around her told her how state-bound she was and she had no reason to doubt what she was being told.

Such is the case with the Pokes, it seems. They are being told over and over that they are going to the Big 12 championship and are going to win it all, but have no basis for this belief until the actual in-conference competition starts.

Remember how newspapers in the area were buying the hype that OSU actually had the best offense in the country? That's because they never saw them play due to closed practices. They were building up impossible expectations for inexperienced players. OSU has no idea what it takes to make (and win) the Big 12 football championship. They are going to be crushed and have a massive (toxic air polluting) rubber bracelet burning come December.

(this is why I don't have 20,000 posts - I combine a lot of rubbish into a single post instead of five)

tulsaoilerfan
8/3/2008, 06:11 PM
I hope they remember to set their TIVO so they can watch the Sooners play for the title again while they are out shagging sheep at Eskimo Joe's.

Crimsontothecore
8/3/2008, 06:22 PM
Wristbands? no surprise here. This time next year they will be hanging garlic in the locker room to stave off those evil mediocrity spirits.

Rogue
8/3/2008, 06:41 PM
http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1548776&db_oem_id=200

On the team's "December 6, Big 12 Championship" bracelet's

"That's something the players came up with. They put one of those on my desk. I think it's more of a commitment to team and a goal. One thing that we had mentioned as a unit is that we don’t talk enough around here about winning a championship. The players felt like they needed to talk more about winning a championship."

SOONERxWife73
8/3/2008, 07:50 PM
wonder how many of those orange construction cones were stolen to make all those little bangles??

Mixer!
8/3/2008, 08:02 PM
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9079/aggiepz6.jpg

EDIT: Apologies Sooner24, just saw your post.

NormanPride
8/4/2008, 10:45 AM
This is so hilariously pathetic. Even worse than the Texas Big 12 South Co Champions rings from a few years back. What are the odds on aggy finishing above Baylor this year?

Animal Mother
8/4/2008, 12:55 PM
oswho's slogan for 2008

"Wishing Will Make It So!!!"

SoonerDood
8/4/2008, 07:41 PM
Let us also not forget that Aggy would not have EVEN GONE BOWLING had the nation's leading reciever not dropped a wide-open TD pass. World's Most Overrated Offense ends up going 5-7.

snp
8/4/2008, 08:17 PM
See, I know a tad bit about teh fooseball ;)

Except that you're wrong about most of what you said.

I live in Houston and am a Texans fan. I've never heard a rational Texans fan talk about becoming Texas' team. We're more concerned over finishing .500 than stealing away a gigantic and faithful fanbase.

Oh no, a QB who was excited over the franchise's first win over their only rival at the time. How does that show we have Aggie-like aspirations?

So the media salivating over a QB is evidence that we want to take over the state? Another argument that doesn't make any sense.

Mario Williams hasn't made the Pro Bowl.

Reliant Stadium isn't a dome.

Frozen Sooner
8/4/2008, 08:25 PM
I still think Mario Williams was a better pick than Reggie Bush.

badger
8/4/2008, 08:28 PM
Except that you're wrong about most of what you said.

I live in Houston and am a Texans fan. I've never heard a rational Texans fan talk about becoming Texas' team. We're more concerned over finishing .500 than stealing away a gigantic and faithful fanbase.

Oh no, a QB who was excited over the franchise's first win over their only rival at the time. How does that show we have Aggie-like aspirations?

So the media salivating over a QB is evidence that we want to take over the state? Another argument that doesn't make any sense.

Mario Williams hasn't made the Pro Bowl.

Reliant Stadium isn't a dome.

I will admit that Mario did not make the Pro Bowl (it was just a big talking point so I confused the two - it's not like I can memorize an entire Pro Bowl roster every year... just an entire Packer roster, thank ya very much) and the rest was sarcasm, so its a moot point.

snp
8/4/2008, 08:35 PM
I still think Mario Williams was a better pick than Reggie Bush.

For sure. The Texans have built a really strong front 4 and will be giving teams fits when pass blocking. I like what they've done there and I was never sold on Bush in the NFL. Especially when you factor in Kubiak's offensive system, neither Bush nor Young made sense.

I will admit that Mario did not make the Pro Bowl (it was just a big talking point so I confused the two - it's not like I can memorize an entire Pro Bowl roster every year... just an entire Packer roster, thank ya very much) and the rest was sarcasm, so its a moot point.

Ok, I just really don't want to be a fan of any team compared to Aggie and had to defend my team's honor.

badger
8/4/2008, 08:46 PM
Ok, I just really don't want to be a fan of any team compared to Aggie and had to defend my team's honor.

Chill, I was just teasing. It's like tommieharris91 and I reminding each other of our team's numerous faults at this thread right here (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117138&page=4)

But... you do have to admit... you Texans are the second team in the state of Texas and you are located in Houston. I'm not implying anything here or anything :D but merely stating the known facts of you being in the state of Texas in the city of Houston and being the second football team and all.

That's all. Yup. That's it. Mhmm. Conclu-to the -usive.

Charla
8/4/2008, 08:57 PM
Texans Suck just like everything else in Tx. and they probably wear those gey wristbands as well

BoomerGirl34
8/4/2008, 09:01 PM
http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1548776&db_oem_id=200

So, when they are out of contention (oh, maybe week 6?) these magical bands can be turned inside out where they read "BEAT OU! ON TO SHREVEPORT!"

Since that's about all they'll have left to live for. ;)

BoomerGirl34
8/4/2008, 09:04 PM
Wristbands? no surprise here. This time next year they will be hanging garlic in the locker room to stave off those evil mediocrity spirits.

But they still have these!

http://www.rideemrag.com/rrorderthumb.jpg

tommieharris91
8/4/2008, 09:07 PM
http://www.rideemrag.com/rrorderthumb.jpg

Thanks for reminding me I need toilet paper.

BoomerGirl34
8/4/2008, 09:09 PM
Thanks for reminding me I need toilet paper.

Always here to help. :P

snp
8/4/2008, 10:09 PM
Chill, I was just teasing. It's like tommieharris91 and I reminding each other of our team's numerous faults at this thread right here (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117138&page=4)

But... you do have to admit... you Texans are the second team in the state of Texas and you are located in Houston. I'm not implying anything here or anything :D but merely stating the known facts of you being in the state of Texas in the city of Houston and being the second football team and all.

That's all. Yup. That's it. Mhmm. Conclu-to the -usive.

Right you are. I'll never claim the Texans are close to the Cowboys. Comparing their histories is like comparing Aggie to OU. But luckily I'm a bigger Astros and Rockets fan so that gets me by in my crusade against Dallas.

As for being in Houston - couldn't be happier back here. Except for that incoming hurricane that is going to hit tomorrow and the long drive back for Gamedays.

Ground_Attack
8/4/2008, 10:16 PM
Do the wristbands say WHO will be the Big XII Champs or does it just say champs and the date? They could be wearing someone else's bands for all we know!

StoopTroup
8/4/2008, 11:47 PM
Is this what an Aggie Ringtone sounds like?

NMShvQa4SI0

Stitch Face
8/6/2008, 10:33 AM
"I think the difference is we're talking about winning a championship."

That's the difference, folks. Talking about something.

Or if you're T. Boone, the difference is buying something. Like a bunch of tickets for your cronies and students and a fancy pressbox in which to watch the Georgia game. It means you've arrived and are automatically going to win.

fadada1
8/6/2008, 11:18 AM
turd + paint = turd

soonerboomer93
8/6/2008, 12:15 PM

so how many of those wristbands did your wife buy?

;)

TheUnnamedSooner
8/6/2008, 12:26 PM
Pretty bold to wear bracelets with Big 12 Champs written on them... subject for ridicule for the rest of the season.

that's just the way they are. they do something like that every year. last year was the greatest offense in the world.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/6/2008, 10:37 PM
Allow me to start a top ten list.

TOP TEN SLOGANS FOR THE AG'S WRIST BANDS:

1. I'm a man! I'm 40!
2. That's garbage.
3. OU
4. Big XII Champs (probably wrasslin' though)

Anyone?

tommieharris91
8/6/2008, 10:54 PM

1. I'm a man! I'm 40!
2. That's garbage.
3. OU

Anyone?

5. Gooners
6. Land Thieves
7. Cheaters
8. Dirt Burglars
9. Bandwagoneers
10. Big Brothers

Jason White's Third Knee
8/6/2008, 10:59 PM
5. Gooners
6. Land Thieves
7. Cheaters
8. Dirt Burglars
9. Bandwagoneers
10. Big Brothers

Not sure that you quite got the subject matter, by I applaud your initiative.

setem
8/6/2008, 11:10 PM
"We'll take on any sucker out there!"

"Let'er Rip!"

OUmillenium
8/7/2008, 08:02 AM
Those 2 are winners!

Bedowngrade

birddog
8/7/2008, 08:24 AM
did you all catch venables on the radio taking his shots at boone state for the wrist band dealies?

pretty friggin funny.

birddog
8/7/2008, 08:27 AM
^^^^

"Someone wrote something I agree with. With Coach Stoops, OU always has hope. We have hope to win it all. Most people have hope by wearing rubber bands. But we have Coach Stoops."

tommieharris91
8/7/2008, 11:30 AM
^^^^

"Someone wrote something I agree with. With Coach Stoops, OU always has hope. We have hope to win it all. Most people have hope by wearing rubber bands. But we have Coach Stoops."

We also have this thing called "talent". And yes, that is directly correlated to having a top head coach.

Frozen Sooner
8/7/2008, 11:38 AM
Jeez.

"We have been told by the cynics not to give the people of this nation false hope. But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope. There is, however, something unbearably stupid about thinking a rubber band around your wrist can overcome mediocrity."

tommieharris91
8/7/2008, 11:45 AM
Not sure that you quite got the subject matter, by I applaud your initiative.

Just like every other season, they're really thinking about one thing and one thing only...

OK, two things.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/7/2008, 04:30 PM
"We'll take on any sucker out there!"

"Let'er Rip!"

Good ones.

bri
8/7/2008, 05:00 PM
Pretty bold to wear bracelets with Big 12 Champs written on them... subject for ridicule for the rest of the season.

Well, this is the same bunch that was making "Three-Pete" t-shirts after beating us two years in a row, then had to scramble to pull them off the shelves after getting drilled 52-9. When you suck, the only time you can ever have swagger or talk sh*t is before the games start.

Still, this is sad even for aggy. What's next, Baylor fans throwing oranges?

Crimsontothecore
8/7/2008, 05:53 PM
You gooners are just scared cuz ya'll know we is on the rise and is about to have the worlds best facilities. Heck, even Barry Switzer said we's gonna be real good.

NOLARaider
8/7/2008, 06:04 PM
It might give the players more optimism if they knew that would be gundy's last day on da yob.

Frozen Sooner
8/7/2008, 06:16 PM
Well, this is the same bunch that was making "Three-Pete" t-shirts after beating us two years in a row, then had to scramble to pull them off the shelves after getting drilled 52-9. When you suck, the only time you can ever have swagger or talk sh*t is before the games start.

Still, this is sad even for aggy. What's next, Baylor fans throwing oranges?

All I can say is that the only way OSU can set a new mark for idiocy is if they go ahead and put Big 12 Champs on their graduation medallions.

colleyvillesooner
8/7/2008, 09:34 PM
Just when I thought you couldn't do anything dumber...

Ground_Attack
8/7/2008, 10:13 PM

1. I'm a man! I'm 40!
2. That's garbage.
3. OU

Anyone?

"Have a GRRRRREAT day!"

"Stupid Gooners"

"Hart Lee who?"

"that sheep sure has a purty mouth"

Cam
8/8/2008, 07:53 PM
Why don't they shoot for finishing above 5th in the South for a change? You know, baby steps.

Big Red Ron
8/8/2008, 07:56 PM
Well, they're orange, have just Champions and the date on them. We should get a bunch and throw them on the field in Stoolwater instead of oranges, this year. ;)