PDA

View Full Version : Internet TV?

SoonerClio
8/2/2008, 10:59 AM
My brother and I are in Florida, another brother is in Germany and the other one is in Arizona. We've all been paying for Gameplan and last year there just weren't that many Sooner games on it. We've been thinking about doing Internet TV to catch the games this fall but are hesitant to spend the money on something that may not work.

Anybody have any experience with Internet TV programs? Complaints? Comments?

tommieharris91
8/2/2008, 11:06 AM
I have mlb.tv. I like the picture. It's lagged a little bit though. The only problems with it are the stupid blackout rules which make it impossible to watch some games depending on where you live.

I don't know of any internet football programs, though.

GrapevineSooner
8/2/2008, 11:57 AM
I have mlb.tv. I like the picture. It's lagged a little bit though. The only problems with it are the stupid blackout rules which make it impossible to watch some games depending on where you live.

I don't know of any internet football programs, though.

The problem with the MLB blackout rules is they're based on Draconian geography rules that date back to the 60's or 70's before local games were televised and before expansion.

i.e., If you live in El Paso, you're blacked out of Astros or Rangers games because both teams consider the entire state of Texas as part of their home territory. Nevermind that Phoenix is a hell of a lot closer. And LA is slightly further away from El Paso than Houston is.

Also, if you live in Iowa, you could be considered in the home territories of the Cubs, White Sox, Twins, Cardinals, and Royals. Unless you actually live in a major league baseball market, you're pretty much screwed.

MLB told all the clubs to get together and come up with a more sensible solution to all this that will probably be instituted next season.

tommieharris91
8/2/2008, 01:02 PM
The problem with the MLB blackout rules is they're based on Draconian geography rules that date back to the 60's or 70's before local games were televised and before expansion.

i.e., If you live in El Paso, you're blacked out of Astros or Rangers games because both teams consider the entire state of Texas as part of their home territory. Nevermind that Phoenix is a hell of a lot closer. And LA is slightly further away from El Paso than Houston is.

Also, if you live in Iowa, you could be considered in the home territories of the Cubs, White Sox, Twins, Cardinals, and Royals. Unless you actually live in a major league baseball market, you're pretty much screwed.

MLB told all the clubs to get together and come up with a more sensible solution to all this that will probably be instituted next season.

Here in Oklahoma we are blacked out from the Cardinals, Royals, Astros, and Rangers. As far as I know, we don't get Royals games broadcast anywhere in the state.

Soonerus
8/2/2008, 01:06 PM
try this it works sometimes:

http://channelsurfing.net/