PDA

View Full Version : CAIR stirring the pot in Tulsa

swardboy
8/1/2008, 06:11 PM
Teen can't get job at Abercrombie & Fitch because of head scarf....duh...why doesn't she try out at Hooters?

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=143203

Turd_Ferguson
8/1/2008, 06:23 PM
...and here they go, play'n the scarf card:mad:

LoyalFan
8/2/2008, 04:19 AM
Yeah, right!
They'll raise JiHell until the store hires her, then behead her for being out in public without a male relative.
Hey, it's a win-win for those peace-lovin' folks.

L'oy'al Bin Fa'an
Hidin' out in Afgapakiraqistan

Flagstaffsooner
8/2/2008, 04:32 AM
Go back to the mid east woman and you will see how many rights you have.

LoyalFan
8/2/2008, 04:35 AM

Why travel so far? Just send her to Hamtramck MI or Ann Arbor. They'll behead her there and just look at all the money they'll save.

LF

StoopTroup
8/2/2008, 04:47 AM
I think they should hire her.

I'd buy an Abercrombie Scarf.

http://modculture.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/25/space_scarf.jpg

Okla-homey
8/2/2008, 05:03 AM
A&F won't hire fat and/or ugly kids either but you don't see them crying about it.

bri
8/2/2008, 08:09 AM
Well, the smacking sounds of devouring pie mask the sobs. :D

King Crimson
8/2/2008, 09:47 AM
the food looks awesome in that vid from breitbart.

Jacie
8/2/2008, 10:51 AM
I bet A&F is not well represented by two other groups whose women don head covering when in public, Mennonites and Amish. The CAIR should connect with them for a REALLY BIG CLASS ACTION SUIT.

badger
8/2/2008, 11:28 AM
A&F sucks anyway - blessing from Allah in disguise ;)

Would you really want to be in that reeking of cologne place with a Moose head staring at you all day?

SoonerInKCMO
8/2/2008, 11:33 AM
A&F won't hire fat and/or ugly kids either but you don't see them crying about it.

It was interesting that we never got to see the girl they wouldn't hire... and the only alleged quote from A&F was that she "didn't fit the A&F 'image'". She could've just as easily been turned down for being fat and/or ugly.

badger
8/2/2008, 11:36 AM
It was interesting that we never got to see the girl they wouldn't hire... and the only alleged quote from A&F was that she "didn't fit the A&F 'image'". She could've just as easily been turned down for being fat and/or ugly.

This begs two questions...

1- I've never met a fat Muslim. I have come to the conclusion that it must be because of religious beliefs, including Ramadan. How could she be fat if she gives up daylight eating during Ramadan every year?

2- I've never met an ugly Muslim woman. Rather, I can't tell if they would be considered pretty or ugly because their face is covered.

Therefore, one has to ASSUME that this girl was neither fat not ugly. Just wearing a scarf.

Turd_Ferguson
8/2/2008, 11:41 AM
...and you know what happens when you ASSUME.:D

Scott D
8/2/2008, 12:14 PM

she was likely turned down for having an IQ over 25 also.

r5TPsooner
8/2/2008, 01:34 PM

BINGO

Frozen Sooner
8/2/2008, 01:45 PM
I missed where she was an immigrant.

I also missed where immigrants only have the same rights they had in their home country. Which they may have left because they didn't have rights.

Just because I'm curious, what would be everyone's reaction if A&F refused to hire her because she was wearing a cross?

StoopTroup
8/2/2008, 02:14 PM
I don't really care what they do...

I wouldn't buy **** from them anyway.

I'm not sure I understand why anyone does really.

Now Victoria Secret...:D

Viking Kitten
8/2/2008, 03:04 PM
I managed a store in the mall for about three years. I hired and/or did not hire people for all kinds of reasons, all perfectly legal as far as I know. One thing I never, ever did was give anyone a reason as to why I chose not to hire them.

If asked you say:

"The position has been filled. You are welcome to reapply the next time there is an opening. Thanks!"

That is how stupid the people who work at Abercrombie are. The "not fitting the image" thing may very well have had more to do with her overall appearance than the headscarf, but why open yourself up in the first place?

Because it helps the arrogant jerkoffs maintain their "exclusive" branding and image? Probably. F**k them. I hope she wins her lawsuit, because I just like to see stupid people get bitten on the a**.

mdklatt
8/2/2008, 03:21 PM
Just because I'm curious, what would be everyone's reaction if A&F refused to hire her because she was wearing a cross?

Help! Help! We're being repressed!

SoonerJack
8/2/2008, 03:25 PM
Wow. You'd think that all those progressives at AF would want to include and employ all who are interested in helping push overpriced, poorly made crap.

Whet
8/2/2008, 03:31 PM
fro Michele Malkin:
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/08/02/whom-to-root-against-cair-sues-abercrombie-fitch/

But, this next story is pretty good, too - about Tulsa:

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/07/28/counterjihad-in-tulsa-jamal-miftahs-lawsuit-moves-forward/

mdklatt
8/2/2008, 03:36 PM
fro Michele Malkin:
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/08/02/whom-to-root-against-cair-sues-abercrombie-fitch/

"Michelle Malkin" is a registered trademark? What a twit. :rolleyes:

mdklatt
8/2/2008, 03:38 PM
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/07/28/counterjihad-in-tulsa-jamal-miftahs-lawsuit-moves-forward/

What exactly is this guy suing for?

Sooner24
8/2/2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah, right!
They'll raise JiHell until the store hires her, then behead her for being out in public without a male relative.
Hey, it's a win-win for those peace-lovin' folks.

L'oy'al Bin Fa'an
Hidin' out in Afgapakiraqistan

Speaking of beheadings! :eek:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25949218/

Okla-homey
8/2/2008, 04:46 PM
I managed a store in the mall for about three years. I hired and/or did not hire people for all kinds of reasons, all perfectly legal as far as I know. One thing I never, ever did was give anyone a reason as to why I chose not to hire them.

If asked you say:

"The position has been filled. You are welcome to reapply the next time there is an opening. Thanks!"

That is how stupid the people who work at Abercrombie are. The "not fitting the image" thing may very well have had more to do with her overall appearance than the headscarf, but why open yourself up in the first place?

Because it helps the arrogant jerkoffs maintain their "exclusive" branding and image? Probably. F**k them. I hope she wins her lawsuit, because I just like to see stupid people get bitten on the a**.

All I know VK is my Blonde Daughter worked there one Christmas while in college here in Tulsa. The manager hired her, but actually had to take a photo of her and send it to the regional office for their approval before they scheduled her to work her first shift.

soonerscuba
8/2/2008, 05:02 PM
What a twit
I so want to fix this.

S008NER
8/2/2008, 05:12 PM

http://www.wvwnews.net/images/teaser/burka6.jpg

OKC Sooner
8/2/2008, 05:25 PM
Help! Help! We're being repressed!

Come and see the violence inherent in the system!!!

Scott D
8/2/2008, 06:20 PM
All I know VK is my Blonde Daughter worked there one Christmas while in college here in Tulsa. The manager hired her, but actually had to take a photo of her and send it to the regional office for their approval before they scheduled her to work her first shift.

Which is why I love it when that collective of stores, because it really is a collective gets sued over hiring practices.

bri
8/2/2008, 06:26 PM

That's what they said, at least. Really, it was just a cheap ploy for some smarmy A&F ****** to take a picture of your daughter. :D

badger
8/2/2008, 06:48 PM
That's what they said, at least. Really, it was just a cheap ploy for some smarmy A&F ****** to take a picture of your daughter. :D

I think after you fill out an application at Hooters they make you speak to the manager and put on the orange shorts/tank top to see how you look. Thus, A&F just needs to say they aren't hiring cashiers, they're hiring models :rolleyes:

Viking Kitten
8/2/2008, 07:24 PM
Well, really they can go ahead and just call them cashiers if they want to. Attractiveness standards for employees are allowable as long as they apply equally to both genders.

That doesn't mean I don't think Abercrombie sucks, and they certainly have never gotten a dime of my money, because I'm just not about their whole snooty vibe. I'm just saying they are within their legal rights to only hire hotties. And idiotic for telling anyone why they weren't hired.

Viking Kitten
8/2/2008, 07:48 PM
Heh. Appearance standards can cut both ways, btw. I know a girl who was let go from Lane Bryant because she lost too much weight and her boss thought she was too pretty to work there anymore. Management thought it would make all the chubby ladies too self conscious (and ultimately lead them to buy less stuff) if some skinny chick was waiting on them, and she was probably right. By the same token, I imagine all the little mall rats with more money than sense buy more stuff from people they would like to emulate.

File it all under "life's a bitch sometimes," I guess.

StoopTroup
8/2/2008, 08:23 PM
To lean for Lane...lol

bri
8/2/2008, 08:33 PM
Makes sense, tho. I got dragged in there one time by a couple of big girls during the Semi-Annual Granny Panty Sale and I was the lightest person in the store by a good 50 pounds. :D

Scott D
8/3/2008, 09:25 AM
you should be happy they didn't drag you to Ashley Stewart. :D

bri
8/3/2008, 09:38 AM
Well, you know, Lane Bryant was closer. Fatties only have so much energy, after all.

badger
8/3/2008, 10:22 AM
Well, really they can go ahead and just call them cashiers if they want to. Attractiveness standards for employees are allowable as long as they apply equally to both genders.

That depends on what the definition of attractiveness is :D

That's why a dude can be about 30 and still working for A&F, whereas a chick can only work there till about 25, right? Watch Simpsons? They parodied such an effect on an MTV beach party. A chick was announcing the upcoming act, when all of the sudden a little buzzer with a red light on her arm went off. She exclaimed "No! I'm only 25!" when she was quickly replaced by a teen model.

In any event, my guess is that A&F's youthiness staff can be attributed to such an idiotic reason for not being hired. Or perhaps, as the Judge Judy saying goes, "Beauty fades, dumb is forever."

Viking Kitten
8/3/2008, 11:22 AM
You know what would be superfunny? If somebody claimed fugliness was a handicap and sued A&F for violating he ADA.

Okla-homey
8/3/2008, 01:10 PM
You know what would be superfunny? If somebody claimed fugliness was a handicap and sued A&F for violating he ADA.

it oughtta be. After all, you can get a prosthetic leg that will allow you to run a marathon, but you can't fix ugly. It's congenital, chronic, and often terminable.;)

bri
8/3/2008, 01:14 PM
At this rate, we're about five years away from that. I mean, you can already eat your way to handicapped status so it's only a matter of time before the ugly people get the good parking spots, too.

badger
8/3/2008, 01:50 PM

You know what's a bigger handicap? My white skin :mad:

We in Oklahoma here are experiencing the sunniest, hottest, most sunburn-ready days of the summer heat and all I can do is sweat it out, but you know who doesn't have to worry about reapplying sunscreen every two hours? Darker skinned people :mad:

White people, like me, have had an enemy in the sun since the beginning of time and at times like this - the hottest time of the year - I can really feel my ancestor's oppression. What would it be like without air conditioning? I would be afraid to find out!

As such, I think light skin also qualifies as a disability and as such, I refuse to leave the indoor workplace. I must have 24/7 access to non-sun rooms... preferably with SF.com set as the homepage on the computer :D

Scott D
8/3/2008, 03:25 PM

We in Oklahoma here are experiencing the sunniest, hottest, most sunburn-ready days of the summer heat and all I can do is sweat it out, but you know who doesn't have to worry about reapplying sunscreen every two hours? Darker skinned people :mad:

White people, like me, have had an enemy in the sun since the beginning of time and at times like this - the hottest time of the year - I can really feel my ancestor's oppression. What would it be like without air conditioning? I would be afraid to find out!

As such, I think light skin also qualifies as a disability and as such, I refuse to leave the indoor workplace. I must have 24/7 access to non-sun rooms... preferably with SF.com set as the homepage on the computer :D

nah, they'll just tell hippies like you to go back to wisconsin ;)

goingoneight
8/3/2008, 04:10 PM
I missed where she was an immigrant.

I also missed where immigrants only have the same rights they had in their home country. Which they may have left because they didn't have rights.

I'd prolly laugh... but that's just me. People want to act like there is just no such thing as discrimination in employment these days... but do you honestly think someone doesn't have a little sit-down with Hooters girls before they become Hooters girls? You think a rap music shop in Compton hasn't shredded a white guy's app before?

It's Abercrombie and Fitch. Not only are their clothes ghey, the people that obssess over them are equally so.

Jacie
8/3/2008, 04:25 PM
A chick was announcing the upcoming act, when all of the sudden a little buzzer with a red light on her arm went off. She exclaimed "No! I'm only 25!" when she was quickly replaced by a teen model.

That was the basic plot of Logan's Run . . . not to be confused with the ummm . . . gentleman's club of the same name located just across the Oklahoma/Logan county line from OKC.

badger
8/3/2008, 04:27 PM
nah, they'll just tell hippies like you to go back to wisconsin ;)

You know, the only hippies in Wisconsin are in Mad-town and Milwaukee and I am from neither, thank you very much :mad:

I remember when I graduated from high school in 2001, orange was the new... whatever... popular color? Anyways, everyone that bought crap from places like A&E, A&F, GAP, Old Navy, etc., was wearing orange. I actually also had some orange things that year as well.

Then, after experiencing OU for a little while, I never bought orange again :D

Scott D
8/3/2008, 06:41 PM
I'd prolly laugh... but that's just me. People want to act like there is just no such thing as discrimination in employment these days... but do you honestly think someone doesn't have a little sit-down with Hooters girls before they become Hooters girls? You think a rap music shop in Compton hasn't shredded a white guy's app before?

It's Abercrombie and Fitch. Not only are their clothes ghey, the people that obssess over them are equally so.

I'd personally love to see pictures of some white kid applying for a job in Compton for anything that isn't owned by that kid's family. Same goes for Harlem...I've been to both.

Scott D
8/3/2008, 06:41 PM
You know, the only hippies in Wisconsin are in Mad-town and Milwaukee and I am from neither, thank you very much :mad:

I remember when I graduated from high school in 2001, orange was the new... whatever... popular color? Anyways, everyone that bought crap from places like A&E, A&F, GAP, Old Navy, etc., was wearing orange. I actually also had some orange things that year as well.

Then, after experiencing OU for a little while, I never bought orange again :D

Preacher Dan put it best when he said "The University of wisconSIN in madiSIN!" :D

sooneron
8/3/2008, 10:43 PM

You heard the replies on the first page. GO BACK TO ****ING SCANDINAVIA OR WHEREVER YOUR PASTY ARSE IS FROM!!!!

:D