PDA

View Full Version : Since we suck...

TJKDone
8/1/2008, 02:50 PM
Who will be the most competitive opponent the Sooners face in the Big 12 conference? Why will it be so?

Hook'em

Flagstaffsooner
8/1/2008, 03:20 PM
Sand aggie. Crooked former SWC refs.

And you gettin negged for saying hook 'em on this board.

Frozen Sooner
8/1/2008, 03:21 PM
Kansas.

RedstickSooner
8/1/2008, 03:36 PM
I still think Tejas will be our most competitive opponent. Happy McClappen might suck, but he still puts together a solid team year in, year out. We beat Misery, like, 9 times last year, so I just can't take them seriously. And Sand Aggie is a one-trick pony which, traditionally, we're able to figure out fairly well. Especially in Norman.

If I'm honest, 3 games worry me:

1) At Kansas State. Don't have enough data to see whether the Mildcats will still have the potential to intimidate Stoops, now that Old Man Purple has retired.

2) At aTm. If they make us their gay, nut-squeezing "Maroon Out" game, we may have a hard time of it.

3) At Little Brother. If we're undefeated, this game could be our stumbling block. The Pokes never have a season of their own -- so, instead, they frequently take solace by ruining ours.

RedstickSooner
8/1/2008, 03:39 PM
Hmm, maybe I take that back about the Mildcats. Looking over the series scores at Soonerstats, it hasn't been very close the last two times we met. So maybe it was Mike that had the chip on his shoulder about playing them -- not Bob. Who knows.

I just remember in the early years of this century, I dreaded the Mildcat game more'n any other... And several of those games probably took a good five years off my life.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/1/2008, 04:22 PM
And you gettin negged for saying hook 'em on this board.

does that mean you get negged for saying it too?

rondog79
8/1/2008, 04:30 PM
texas will b our toughest. tt is in our house so they wont get (help) kansas yea right kansas state realy? atm at thier house could be close but prob not , nebraska not yet, baylor well im not gonna trash them and finally zero state. were gonna beat the snot out of the greatest offence in the world

Flagstaffsooner
8/1/2008, 04:46 PM
does that mean you get negged for saying it too?Hiss, not said as a cheer.

Charla
8/2/2008, 11:26 AM
I think we will romp and stomp em all. And pick up #8 in Miami .

badger
8/2/2008, 11:34 AM
Who will be the most competitive opponent the Sooners face in the Big 12 conference? Why will it be so?

Hook'em

I think its rather stubborn for Texas to only recruit the state of Texas. However, since that's your thing, you really can't fault us and the rest of the conference for recruiting Texas, right? :D

In any event, I think this attitude caught up with Mackity smackity. He's having a down year from a thin talent corps. Some teams can overcome talent deficiencies with high quality coaching. You guys, however, better hope Colt McCoy gives Vince Young a little blond mask and sneaks back in to save Mack once again.

Flagstaffsooner
8/2/2008, 11:45 AM
http://www.danphillips.com/personal/korg_meetings_5_03/display/Jon_picking_his_nose.jpg
does that mean you get negged for saying it too?No smart ***.
hook em boogers

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/2/2008, 12:05 PM
We will get "reffed", even in Norman. This fact gives me the biggest willies. (and makes me wonder why Stoops hasn't taken another jorb, by now)

JLEW1818
8/2/2008, 12:30 PM

Hook'em

your a homo, you shave colts armpits.

DominoMaximo
8/2/2008, 02:56 PM

Hook'em

Honestly all our away games will be difficult. OU has been a horrible road team! :mad: Keep in mind we played Iowa State on the road last year and if it wasn't for DJ Wolf we could possibly have had 1 more loss on the schedule. :O

Last Year's Road Games
Tulsa - must admit even though we beat Tulsa petty good, Paul Smith had no problems airing it out on our secondary... it would be scary to think if he had a better offensive line. :eek:

Colorado - must I open up old wounds? 3 turn overs and our defense being on the field practically the entire 2nd half. Muffed punt, interception, gravy play calling on offense. :cry:

Iowa State - ISU lead 7-0 at halftime. OU played great on defense, but again the play calling on the road was to play not to lose mentality. :O

Texas Tech - Alright Bradford was knocked out of the game, but seriously, again we played very conservative on offense and made some horrible mistakes. Only positive about that game is that the Sooners did not give up. :pop:

2-2 for true road games. 2-1 Neutral Sites and 7-0 at HOME.

at Washington #3 (obviously outside the BIG XII Conference)
at Baylor #5
at KSU #4
at aTm #2
at OSU #1

1 being the hardest and 5 being the easiest

I'm ready for football to start and the heat :hot: to end!

olevetonahill
8/2/2008, 03:09 PM

Fook'em

Fixed it fer ya :texan:

soonersn20xx
8/2/2008, 05:01 PM
In reference to our shaky road performance last year, I am hoping SB becomes more vocal and confident as a team leader. I am sure Stoops has pointed this little fact out to him in private convos. ;)

JLEW1818
8/2/2008, 07:01 PM
In reference to our shaky road performance last year, I am hoping SB becomes more vocal and confident as a team leader. I am sure Stoops has pointed this little fact out to him in private convos. ;)

oh yes its coming. He is a junior age wise. He will be way more vocal.

josh09
8/2/2008, 07:20 PM
Texas Tech. But i still think Texas should be tough

JLEW1818
8/2/2008, 07:32 PM
yo dude. what part of Houston you from ?

Flying Scotsman
8/2/2008, 11:02 PM
Will the Aggie State game be a sellout or will it be half empty?

htownsooner7
8/3/2008, 09:00 AM

Hook'em

Don't worry about it. Just take the whole year to think about why Texas sucks.

Octavian
8/3/2008, 11:44 PM
Other than Texas....

@ A&M

@ Okie State

Not the best teams on our schedule....but they'll be the toughest contests.

Kansas and Tech should be better than both of them....but we get 'em in Norman.