PDA

View Full Version : Funny story with a historic twist

Okla-homey
7/31/2008, 04:18 PM
Mrs Homey came home from work last night and told me about a "volunteer appreciation" thingy at her hospital. They were recognizing a bunch of meemaw types who knit and sew stuff for little sick babies who have no count families who never come see them.

Anyhoo, these two really nice ladies with Germanic sounding accents were at Mrs. Homey's table. They have been knitting blankets and booties and what nots for the NICU and Nursery for decades. Mrs Homey asked them, entirely because of their accents, if they were members of the German American Society of Tulsa.

They choked, and replied "Nay, nay! We're Dutch," and then muttered what appeared to be Dutch obscenities about Germans.

Now, can you imagine, being a 13-15 y/o Dutch gal in Holland during WWII?:eek:

One world. Right.

Viking Kitten
7/31/2008, 08:05 PM
There's only two things I can't tolerate. Intolerance and the Dutch.

Whet
7/31/2008, 08:07 PM
and those dang Dutch ovens!

VeeJay
7/31/2008, 08:14 PM
Someone tell me the difference between Denmark and The Netherlands. Because I can't stand a Dane.

royalfan5
7/31/2008, 08:57 PM
Someone tell me the difference between Denmark and The Netherlands. Because I can't stand a Dane.I figured the fondness of the Dutch for Orange would make a Sooner fan favor the Danes.

GottaHavePride
7/31/2008, 09:03 PM
Someone tell me the difference between Denmark and The Netherlands. Because I can't stand a Dane.

Um, Srsly?

The Netherlands = Holland.

Paperclip
7/31/2008, 09:26 PM

There is nothing like a Dane. Nothing in the world. There is nothing you can name that is anything like a Dane.