PDA

View Full Version : Shogun or Boulevard Steakhouse?

r5TPsooner
7/31/2008, 12:47 PM
Today is #15 for the wife unit and I and we're gonna go low key. We're gonna see Batman later and either eat at Shogun or Boulevard for dinner. Vote on your preferences.

We also thought about Casablanca and the new Opus Steakhouse on Western & Memorial.

Curly Bill
7/31/2008, 12:58 PM
Beats me, but thanks for the money.

Congrats to you and the wife.

Boomer.....
7/31/2008, 01:27 PM
Shogun and other hibachi places are fun and would be more memorable than other restaurants.

r5TPsooner
7/31/2008, 01:30 PM
Shogun and other hibachi places are fun and would be more memorable than other restaurants.

Is one better than the other?

Boomer.....
7/31/2008, 01:38 PM
They are all pretty similar around here. Everyone that I have been to seem to serve the same things and all are very good.

olevetonahill
7/31/2008, 01:39 PM
Beats me, but thanks for the money.

Congrats to you and the wife.

Dittos :)

soonermix
7/31/2008, 01:55 PM
Shogun... my mommy takes me there every year for my b-day

soonerboomer93
7/31/2008, 02:02 PM
i thought about saying outback...

Jimminy Crimson
7/31/2008, 02:33 PM
They're both one of the best restaurants in their food category.

Casablanca has been closed for a while, btw. You might have meant Cascata?

Blvd might be a better choice for an anniversary, and you wont be as stuffed as you are after a hibachi meal -- which would be better for after the movie, if'n you know what I mean.

OPUS is pretty good. Very, very good wine selection.

Curly Bill
7/31/2008, 02:34 PM
Can't believe no one has mentioned Golden Corral. :D

silverwheels
7/31/2008, 02:41 PM
Chuck E. Cheese.

Vaevictis
7/31/2008, 02:51 PM
You will never, ever see me in Shogun.

First time we went there, we had reservations. We show up, and they say, "Sorry, we have no table for you."

Seriously, it's Friday night, we have a reservation, we drive out from Norman, you can't seat us, and the full extent of your apology is, "We're sorry?"

Never again.

Curly Bill
7/31/2008, 02:54 PM

First time we went there, we had reservations. We show up, and they say, "Sorry, we have no table for you."

Seriously, it's Friday night, we have a reservation, we drive out from Norman, you can't seat us, and the full extent of your apology is, "We're sorry?"

Never again.

Wasn't this on Seinfeld? :D

Boomer.....
7/31/2008, 02:57 PM
Seinfeld four

Vaevictis
7/31/2008, 03:05 PM
Wasn't this on Seinfeld? :D

Heh, I don't know. It does sound like something you'd see on Seinfeld.

But, yeah, this really happened. **** Shogun.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/31/2008, 06:26 PM
Wendy's...number 3

SoonerInKCMO
7/31/2008, 09:20 PM
Try Bennigan's or Steak and Ale.

Oh, wait (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/30/business/30restaurant.html?em).

olevetonahill
7/31/2008, 09:42 PM

Never again.

you Lib I hope I nevar see you anywhar :P

OUstud
8/1/2008, 12:03 AM
Obligatory Ryan's.

StoopTroup
8/1/2008, 12:08 AM
Heh, I don't know. It does sound like something you'd see on Seinfeld.

But, yeah, this really happened. **** Shogun.

A gal named Holly took reservations when we used to go there.

She was terrific...sounds like she wasn't working that night.

Seriously...you should try again and tell them your coming in from Norman to eat if you didn't. They are usually pretty good at making things right.

It's not a chain and they try to fill all their tables. And if your late for your reservation...you probably will loose it if their slammed as they will fill it if your not there.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience V.

Typing this makes me hungry for the Steak and Sole they cook....yummy.

olevetonahill
8/1/2008, 01:16 AM
So r5 did you get laid ?:confused:

r5TPsooner
8/1/2008, 06:07 AM
Saw teh Batman and just made our reservation at the Shogun for 8:30. I slipped the hostess a few bucks to get us an experiences chef and he did not disappoint. Went to the bar, had a big ole Japanese beer while the wife had a few Pina Colada's with Amaretto.

We were seated in less than 5 minutes and had a fantastic time and meal. I had the Emperor's Filet and the wife had the same only smaller with shrimp. There was so much food that I maybe ate 1/4 of it. However, it was all very tasty except for the salad with the Big Mac dressing, as nobody at the table liked it much. The steak was perfectly cooked and easily the best tasting steak that I've had at any restaurant in Oklahoma with the exception of my own. The steak was tender, perfectly cooked, and only needed a dash of salt to be damned near perfect.

The chef did his show, I tipped him a few bucks, and he left us alone. Ordered some sake, and had my first experience with the stuff which was all good. The wife and I had a little bitty buzz but only lived a few minutes away, so driving was a breeze. All in all, we had a great, inexpensive anniversary (by our standards) as the Batman movie was free with passes that we received from our dentist from hurting us earlier in the year, and the meal was was less than $100 which included the booze.

And to answer vet's question... a gentlemen will never kiss and tell. But yeah, there were some fireworks later in the evening.:D

Thanks for all of your suggestions except those of you who suggested the Golden Corral or Ryan's.;)

Our 15th was simple, casual, inexpensive and fun with good conversation and lots of smiles and laughter... until we got home and paid the baby sitter, which is my SIL, and she cut us no slack and gave us no freebie hours as a gift. As much as we have financially supported her over the last year an a half... the wife unit and I were none to pleased. But her family with there hand held out for $$$ is another story for another day. Family can be such a pain in the butt sometimes.:(