PDA

View Full Version : Tom Coburn

captain_surly
7/31/2008, 11:12 AM
I know he's a little kooky and I don't agree with his position on most social issues. I don't live in Oklahoma anymore and can't even vote for him.

I greatly admire his character and position on fiscal policy. I really liked this article. Harry Reid can kiss my ***.

http://www.reason.com/news/show/127804.html

Scott D
7/31/2008, 11:49 AM
be careful what you wish for Harry Reid might show up at your door.

Flagstaffsooner
7/31/2008, 12:14 PM
Only if you dont wipe your butt.

Scott D
7/31/2008, 12:24 PM
Only if you dont wipe your butt.

he could just have his entourage hold you down and give you an enema.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/31/2008, 12:46 PM

youre confusing harry reid with larry craig.

NormanPride
7/31/2008, 01:13 PM
Coburn does stuff like this all the time. As baj can tell you, he's my hero.

badger
7/31/2008, 01:25 PM
I think it is awful that the Congress is so willing to spend money in these economic times when so many Americans are forced to make difficult spending choices. Yes, the programs have good intentions. Yes, the programs make things possible through federal money that state and local monies wouldn't allow. That's what having access to a $490 billion loan does.

Tom Coburn...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/mistymountainhop/DOC_COBURN.jpg
Sen. Coburn pictured here as an ignorant non-Oklahoma would depict a stereotypical Okie.
Is the Senate's Dr. No, we get it. He opposes virtually everything that involves spending excessive money on "pork," in addition to being against homosexuality (especially in eastern Oklahoma, where it's so rampant that girls apparently can't go to the bathroom more than one at a time), STD's (graphic educational sessions for new Capitol staffers is a must!), but not crossword puzzles during boring Supreme Court justice questioning sessions.

I also wish there was another senator out there to take a stand for such issues, because Coburn can be a loose cannon. Come to think of it, Coburn has said many times how much he hates his job but that it is something that must be done, so Coburn probably wishes another senator out there would take this stand.

Harry Reid...
http://edgruberman.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/harry-reid.jpg
OMG MORMON! Haha, who really cares. His turn-offs include Republicans, SOB's who try to bribe him, same-sex marriage and partial birth abortion. Aside from the Republican hating thing, perhaps Coburn and Reid have more in common than they will admit. However, there is little hope of friendship there, as Coburn is only friends with senators who run for president.
http://images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2006/11/26/coburn-obama.jpg
Senators Coburn and Obama pictured here doing their best "Just say no!" folded arms stance.
http://media.monstersandcritics.com/galleries/1019273/0122417450085.jpg
Senators McCain and Coburn at a boring infomercial with Billy Mays for Orange Clean. Coburn in bearded disguise to try to hide from cameras. Phail.

As such, Coburn will be Coburn and the Senate will be the Senate. I strongly encourage you to consider both when you arrive at the polls this November... that is, unless "it is too hot" or other excuses commonly used this past Tuesday in not voting.

mdklatt
7/31/2008, 01:30 PM
But [Coburn] does ask his colleagues to pay for new programs by cutting old ones instead of spending money they do not have. In a letter to Reid, he identified $45 billion in cuts that could be used to offset the cost of Advancing America's Priorities.

How sad that a nutbar like Coburn is seemingly the only in Congress that talks sense.

Jimminy Crimson
7/31/2008, 02:23 PM
Coburn is a no nonsense kind of guy.

Big fan of the man. Loved the beatdown he put on that sissy boy, Carson.

Hamhock
7/31/2008, 03:21 PM
How sad that a nutbar like Coburn is seemingly the only in Congress that talks sense.

Ron Paul 2008

mdklatt
7/31/2008, 03:24 PM
Ron Paul 2008

He's a nutbar with fruitcake filling.

bonkuba
7/31/2008, 04:19 PM
He's a nutbar with fruitcake filling.

I couldn't agree more........well or could I??? :D

AlbqSooner
7/31/2008, 08:19 PM
I grew up with Tom Coburn. Went to school together from 7th grade on and stayed in touch many years. He is extremely bright, so do not confuse things with which you disagree with stupidity. Thing about Coburn, and I disagree with him on a great deal, he studies before he votes and he does not check to see which way the wind blows. Many of the bills he has adamantly opposed were bills which were quite good, and which he might have supported; until all the pork laden amendments hit them. His anti-pork stance was used against him in the last election. Seems he didn't bring enough bacon home to Oklahoma. God Bless him.

soonerhubs
7/31/2008, 08:27 PM
Quite often I've wondered what it would be like to have a heart to heart with Fellow Mormon Harry Reid. I'd ask him about provident living, about responsibility, and about self-reliance. I certainly struggle to see how his fiscal spending can be called a wise stewardship. I suppose political views are separate from Spiritual views, but I think there are many gray areas of which they merge. He swims in the gray much more than I'd prefer.

swardboy
7/31/2008, 08:59 PM
Quite often I've wondered what it would be like to have a heart to heart with Fellow Mormon Harry Reid. I'd ask him about provident living, about responsibility, and about self-reliance. I certainly struggle to see how his fiscal spending can be called a wise stewardship. I suppose political views are separate from Spiritual views, but I think there are many gray areas of which they merge. He swims in the gray much more than I'd prefer.

I've often thought someone needs to have a "Come to Joseph Smith" talk with Dirty Harry.

soonerhubs
7/31/2008, 10:25 PM
I've often thought someone needs to have a "Come to Joseph Smith" talk with Dirty Harry.

Now that's funny. :D

Soonerus
7/31/2008, 10:33 PM
I like Coburn...

olevetonahill
7/31/2008, 11:02 PM
I like Coburn...

You sick bastage :P

StoopTroup
7/31/2008, 11:54 PM
Tom makes me want to file a protective order on him.

Something the way he stares at you.

He gives me the creeps.

Soonerus
7/31/2008, 11:57 PM
I think he is a good man trying to do the best he can...

StoopTroup
8/1/2008, 12:03 AM
He probably is rus...

But went he gets his gaze on....chills. :D

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07WP4Od6Il0Ii/340x.jpg