PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Ted Stevens is going down

Okla-homey
7/31/2008, 09:49 AM
Being arraigned today. The government has eight counts now. the indictment looks solid.

Maybe he can get Duke Cunningham for a roomie in the federal hoosegow.

The Romans used to have a special penalty for politicians who accepted bribes. They cut off their noses, then put them in a heavy cloth sack with a wild animal.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/31/2008, 10:03 AM
By all accounts this gut is a cretin and deserves to go to jail. What kills me is that the MSM ALWAYS mentions he was given stuff by a rich oil company. A thin veil at XOM, BP, Chevron, etc. When it was an oil services company that provides varied services in the oil industry and not associated with Big Oil. This sounds like good ole boy stuff has been going unchecked in Alaska, the tape I heard last night on NPR doesn't show the Alaska legislature in good light either, but you don't hear that...

Okla-homey
7/31/2008, 10:07 AM
By all accounts this gut is a cretin and deserves to go to jail. What kills me is that the MSM ALWAYS mentions he was given stuff by a rich oil company. A thin veil at XOM, BP, Chevron, etc. When it was an oil services company that provides varied services in the oil industry and not associated with Big Oil. This sounds like good ole boy stuff has been going unchecked in Alaska, the tape I heard last night on NPR doesn't show the Alaska legislature in good light either, but you don't hear that...

AK has a reputation for more crooks and justice-evaders (per-capita) than any other state. I think its because a lot of people flee from the lower 48 to try to get lost in its vastness. Too bad actually.

Frozen Sooner
7/31/2008, 11:33 AM
AK has a reputation for more crooks and justice-evaders (per-capita) than any other state. I think its because a lot of people flee from the lower 48 to try to get lost in its vastness. Too bad actually.

Yeah, I don't think that really applies to Ted Stevens. After a decorated career in the Army Air Corps, he settled up here, went to Harvard Law, then came back to practice.

A lot of people do come up here trying for a fresh start, though, like any frontier.

And Ted's as crooked as a dog's hind leg.