PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Users

SicEmBaylor
7/30/2008, 03:00 AM
I'm <-> close to buying one. I currently have a Blackberry, but I'm thinking that the iPhone would be a better fit since I'm not in business and I want the entertainment tools of the iPhone. I'll have to buy it at the early upgrade cost though, so let me know what you all think. Is it really that great or a lot of hype?

Lott's Bandana
7/30/2008, 06:57 AM
Loves my Precious!

-typing this from my year-old iPhone 1G-

sooneron
7/30/2008, 07:47 AM
Why do you need a blackberry or an iphone? It's not like you have to keep in touch with the office or anything.

King Crimson
7/30/2008, 07:56 AM
Why do you need a blackberry or an iphone? It's not like you have to keep in touch with the office or anything.

social networking, it's what all the 8 years-in-undergrad possible trolls are doing.

colleyvillesooner
7/30/2008, 08:15 AM
I love mine. Use it all the time. You'll especially love the GPS for those cloudy day trips...

skycat
7/30/2008, 11:24 AM
I'm getting one, I'm waiting for a direct fulfillment order from and ATT store, but you should know that there are more and more rumbles of dissatisfaction with the 3G iPhone.

From cracking cases, to 3G connection problems, to instability in the 2.0 firmware, to delaying developer updates to apps. There's also the related problems with the MobileMe launch. And of course the problems with obtaining and activating a phone to begin with.

I figure most of this stuff will improve, but if you don't need a new phone right away, it might not be a bad idea to wait for at lest the 2.0.1 firmware, if not the 2.1 firmware to come out.

I skipped out on the intial iPhone launch partly because I wanted to miss out on all of the problems a new tech product often has, but the intial launch looks to have been much more problem free than the current one.

StoopTroup
7/30/2008, 11:57 AM
So...

If it will get you laid...

Get it Sicem.

shaun4411
7/30/2008, 01:28 PM
its totally worth it. i dont think its worth the early upgrade option ($399) in lieu of the normal upgrade ($199) though. you can buy a 2G iPhone outright for less on ebay. if you absolutely must have 3G, it may be worth waiting until youre eligible for an upgrade OR, have someone sign up for at&t, pay $199 for the phone. have him cancel service, and pay the $175 ETF for a total of $374 (outright, no contract price) for the iPhone.

achiro
7/30/2008, 02:50 PM
So wait, you're saying that if I wait until my current contract with ATT expires and then get an iPhone it will be cheaper than if I go today and get one and just extend my contract?

SicEmBaylor
7/30/2008, 02:52 PM
So wait, you're saying that if I wait until my current contract with ATT expires and then get an iPhone it will be cheaper than if I go today and get one and just extend my contract?

Not necessarily. You can get the iphone for $199 if your current phone is eligible for an upgrade which I think most people are like 2/3 of the way through their contract. Otherwise, you pay an "early upgrade" fee of 399 for the 8gb iphone.