PDA

View Full Version : LA takes steps to protect po folks from evile fatty food...

Okla-homey
7/29/2008, 06:52 PM
foisted on them by evile fast-food purveyors. Henceforth, poor people will be required to eat arugala and sprouts until waistlines diminish. Rich people in other areas are cleared hot to stuff their gobs with whatever tickles their innards. See, LA has an obligation, nay nay, a flippin' fiduciary duty to protect poor folks from bad choices. Oh brother. Can someone please speed up this global warming dealio so LA and SF can flood and end this madness?

No doubt emboldened by the new Cali law that bans trans-fats.

L.A. blocks new fast-food outlets from poor areas

Jul 29, 5:22 PM (ET)

By CHRISTINA HOAG

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The Los Angeles City Council has approved a one-year moratorium on new fast-food restaurants in a low-income area of the city.

The moratorium unanimously approved Tuesday is a bid to attract restaurants that offer healthier food choices to residents in a 32-square-mile area of South Los Angeles.

Councilwoman Jan Perry says residents at five public meetings expressed concern with the proliferation of fast-food outlets in the community plagued by above-average rates of obesity.

Nearly three-quarters of the restaurants in South L.A. are fast-food outlets. That's a higher percentage than other parts of the city but the restaurant industry says the moratorium won't help bring in alternatives.

85Sooner
7/29/2008, 07:52 PM
F'em I'll eat where I GD want to and they can shove their opinions up their collective asses. But thats just my opinion

soonerscuba
7/30/2008, 12:27 AM
I think it's silly to have a moratorium, but the idea of a "food desert" is a very real social problem. I personally would have chosen a different means of addressing it, but it goes beyond the gov't trying to stop people from being fatties. I think that many of us take an advantage of having easily accessible, healthy food choices.

StoopTroup
7/30/2008, 12:33 AM
I hope they start following the fata$$es who buy deep fryers from Wally Worlds.

I hate those ****ing ****ers. :D ;)

Blue
7/30/2008, 12:33 AM
They should only be able to pass this law if they can draft another law stating that being a no-fun having, rule stickler, bossy know it all, self righteous tightass causes stress to everyone around them. Thus they should remain in solitary confinement or in a walled off San Francisco.

StoopTroup
7/30/2008, 12:36 AM
Finding these backyard deep fryer folks is really the best place to start.

The unregulated horror of these guys just boggles my mind.

http://hillcrestguides.org/SpringCampout2004/Food/RayJeffDeepFryer.jpg

LoyalFan
7/30/2008, 07:33 AM
On the bright side; Now da' gangstahs'll have some healthier choices re which joints they're gonna rob and kill in. This is PROGRESS!

LF

sooneron
7/30/2008, 07:37 AM
Old news, I'm surprised the board's collective "think" didn't bring this up last year when NYC banned Trans fats.

you guys are slipping

picasso
7/30/2008, 12:12 PM
my neighbor has a smoker in his backyard and a potbelly.

should I call the cops?

StoopTroup
7/30/2008, 12:14 PM
Who cares about NYC...It's already ruined....we're trying to save The City of Angels here.

Shheeeeesh....

:D

stoops the eternal pimp
7/30/2008, 12:19 PM
i m sure the local law enforcement is not happy about this...no chance of catching anybody on foot now