PDA

View Full Version : Which college football team will surprise this year?

soonerfan28
7/29/2008, 04:48 PM
Here's a few that could make a move this year.

1.Pittsburg-They went 5-7 last year, but have 17 starters returning. They also have LeSean McCoy who rushed for a Big East frshman record of 1328 yard and 14 TD's. I think Bostic will be the starter before the season is over. On defense they have Scott McKillop who 12.6 tackles per game. They've also had 2 pretty good recruiting classes the last 2 years and have Jonatha Baldwin coming in this year as well as Shayne Hale who was one of the best LB's in the high school last year.

2.North Carolina-They went 4-8 last year, but have 19 starters returning this year and Greg Little at TB. On defense they have Marvin Austin who was the best DT in high school in 2007. They've also had a couple of good recruiting classes over the last 2 year. With Butch Davis who could go wrong.

3.Miami-Even though we beat them pretty bad last year they have a couple of pretty good TB's in Cooper and James and they have 2 pretty good tackles in Youngblood and Fox. If they can get a QB who won't screw up then they might actually win 9 games. On defense they have some talent at the DE's with Bailey and Moncur and they still have Randy Phillips in the secondary. They also had one of the best recruiting classes as far as LB's go.

At this point it's anybody's guess.

JLEW1818
7/29/2008, 05:06 PM
Penn State.

Dr. Jelly Finger
7/29/2008, 05:10 PM
I like your picks. I will be pulling for Butch and UNC to turn things around and make a run in the ACC.

I think that Miami is still a couple of years away from being a 9 or 10 win team. Too many question marks at QB and they had a terrible time finding someone to catch the ball last year.

I can appreciate what Shannon is trying to do with the program and he is definitely bringing in the recruits. If everyone can keep their nose clean, I expect them to be back in the top 10 by 2010.

This may be a homer pic (sort of), but I think that Arizona might surprise in the Pac 10. They just need to keep their QB healthy and keep feeding that monster tight end they have. Too many turnovers and penalties for that team to squeak out the close games the past couple of years. Hopefully they can do it this year and surprise a few people.

shaun4411
7/29/2008, 05:29 PM
i think colorado is going to make some noise up north.

fadada1
7/29/2008, 05:36 PM
i would love notre dame to suprise us with 3-4 wins this year.

shaun4411
7/29/2008, 05:39 PM
notre dame is whippin dat *** in ncaa 09.

JLEW1818
7/29/2008, 05:50 PM
Anybody interested in free fantasy football, no draft, just sign free agents let me know. I got 2 leagues going. A pro league, 35 million salary cap 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, and a team defense. Unlimited trades till kickoff I believe.

college league is 50 million cap. 4 offenses, 4 defenses.

Send me a message if your down.

Sooner_09
7/29/2008, 07:02 PM
Good surprise: Michigan
Bad Surprise: Clemson

JLEW1818
7/29/2008, 07:45 PM
Ya Clemson will be tested on the road this year. @ wake, @ fsu, @ BC, @ Virginia. Surely they will lose 1 of those.

Sco
7/29/2008, 09:59 PM
Clemson's first game is also against Bama, which could be a surprise force this year.

I'm calling Arizona to step up and win 8 games.

JLEW1818
7/29/2008, 10:23 PM
Here is a question that I wish everybody could answer for me, please. Will college gameday be at the Clemson Alabama game? Its a neutral site. Can anybody give me feedback about that. ?? Or at least some opinions. Thanks guys.

King Crimson
7/29/2008, 10:44 PM
i think colorado is going to make some noise up north.

if they played a Tech (!), KSU, KU, Nebraska, Mizzou type OOC then maybe.

they'd be an 8-9 win team if it was cupcakes in the OOC. instead, no gimmie in CSU and they play @Florida State, West Virginia and have a brutal stretch of UT, at KU, at ATM, at Mizzou.

i think CU will be improved and a tough out, but also a team that could have 5 losses before November. Now, they do get UT in Boulder the week before the RRS....and i've seen enough "quit" from one of the teams in the second half in Boulder from one of the RRS teams to last a lifetime. FSU is down some....but i see the high end of this CU team at about 8 wins....but more likely around 6, bowl eligible.

but, ready to go in 2009 with at least one of the coordinators gone.

JLEW1818
7/29/2008, 10:51 PM
Colorado and Tech will screw somebody over this year.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/30/2008, 02:54 AM
Here is a question that I wish everybody could answer for me, please. Will college gameday be at the Clemson Alabama game? Its a neutral site. Can anybody give me feedback about that. ?? Or at least some opinions. Thanks guys.

According to a TV sports announcing site I frequent, it was confirmed that Gameday is indeed going to the Alabama/Clemson game at the Jawga Dome.

As far as surprise teams go, I'm also high on North Carolina and Pittsburgh. And, for what seems like the fourth consecutive year, I'm predicting that Arizona makes the big leap, too. But this is the last time I predict the Wildcats will zoom up in the standings.

soonermix
7/30/2008, 09:42 AM
Good surprise: Michigan
Bad Surprise: Clemson

whats the good suprise about michigan? missing a bowl game that would be a good suprise :D

BillyBall
7/30/2008, 10:56 AM
Colorado and Tech will screw somebody over this year.

That story sounds familiar...

stoops the eternal pimp
7/30/2008, 11:07 AM
Michigan is very likely going to struggle this year...luckily for them, you can be a mediocre team in the big 11 and be near the top..

JLEW1818
7/30/2008, 11:24 AM
That story sounds familiar...

Yep it wont be us. haha.

JLEW1818
7/30/2008, 11:36 AM
SportsNation Beano Cook: (3:32 PM ET ) My eye doctor's son graduated from Williams and the school was absolutely ecstatic when Gameday arrived. By the way, Gameday will be in Atlanta for the Clemson-Alabama game. It is the best road show since Oklahoma, the musical not the team from Norman.

Sooner_09
7/30/2008, 09:13 PM
whats the good suprise about michigan? missing a bowl game that would be a good suprise :D

I'm not sure why I said them, I just have a hunch.:D

Sooner_09
7/30/2008, 09:15 PM
SportsNation Beano Cook: (3:32 PM ET ) My eye doctor's son graduated from Williams and the school was absolutely ecstatic when Gameday arrived. By the way, Gameday will be in Atlanta for the Clemson-Alabama game. It is the best road show since Oklahoma, the musical not the team from Norman.

You actually like beano cook?

Vegas Sooner
7/31/2008, 12:27 AM
Pitt

JLEW1818
7/31/2008, 02:24 AM
You actually like beano cook?

HaHa hell no. Just to let people know where Gameday is, week 1.