PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully this will get one more Alaskan off the streets

royalfan5
7/29/2008, 01:17 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/stevens_indictment;_ylt=AqihCnUnpaWorCucvLKQAfa2GL 8C

Ted Stevens has been indicted.

BudSooner
7/29/2008, 01:18 PM
Damn@! The tubes got him!

SicEmBaylor
7/29/2008, 01:26 PM
Good riddance.

OUDoc
7/29/2008, 01:34 PM
Toll Booth Man: Welcome to Alaska. Here's a thousand dollars.
Homer Simpson: Well, it's about time! But why?
Toll Booth Man: We pay every resident a thousand dollars to allow the oil companies to ravage our state's natural beauty.

badger
7/29/2008, 02:03 PM
Remember when Oklahoma's own Tom Coburn tried to stop Ted Stevens from building the Bridge to Nowhere and Ted Stevens said he would quit the Senate if they voted his bridge down and Tom Coburn suggested that the bridge money be used to rebuild a Hurricane Katrina damaged bridge and the residents of Alaska were like "We'd love to give up a bridge to do our part to rebuild the hurricane ravaged coast" and Ted Stevens is like "I know what is best for Alaska because I've been an Alaska politician longer than Alaska statehood" and then Senate votes Coburn's bill down like 90-10 or so.

Then, Coburn fought it until it became an Alaskan block grant instead of Bridge to Nowhere grant, because it made the Senate look so foolish. Coburn has continued to make the Senate look foolish ever since, regardless of which party is in the majority.

I must add, this Senate would not nearly be as fun if the Democrats had filibuster control. Therefore, I must insist that while you cast your final vote, consider splitting Congress for the lulz. We need either a presidential veto or a non-super majority to keep everything in check and in balance. Therefore, if the political landscape seems to be Republican, vote for Obama and the Democrats. If the political landscape is leaning to the left, vote for McCain and the Republicans.

This is, of course, assuming that you vote at all :P

soonerscuba
7/29/2008, 03:17 PM
Coburn has continued to make the Senate look foolish ever since
Very true. Whether it's crying during confirmations then doing a crossword, calling gays the biggest single threat to American freedom, saying that abortion doctors should be executed, describing the widely held, standard fact that DDT is dangerous as "junk science", or protesting Schindler's List the man is to the gills crazy.

Dio
7/29/2008, 03:23 PM
The Bridge To Nowhere, leads to me.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/29/2008, 03:41 PM
Toll Booth Man: Welcome to Alaska. Here's a thousand dollars.
Homer Simpson: Well, it's about time! But why?
Toll Booth Man: We pay every resident a thousand dollars to allow the oil companies to ravage our state's natural beauty.Homer Simpson: why do the oil companies want to ravage the state's natural beauty?
Toll Booth Man: Because the evil bastages are trying to bring more oil to the crazed multitudes, who want to pollute the air with hydrocarbon emissions.
Homer Simpson: why do the oil companies want to produce more oil?
Toll Booth Man: Idiots want to earn money!
Homer Simpson: Tax them to death!
Toll Booth Man: Give me back that thousand dollars!
Homer Simpson: D'Oh!:eek:

OUDoc
7/29/2008, 03:43 PM
Homer Simpson: why do the oil companies want to ravage the state's natural beauty?
Toll Booth Man: Because the evil bastages are trying to bring more oil to the crazed multitudes, who want to pollute the air with hydrocarbon emissions.
Homer Simpson: why do the oil companies want to produce more oil?
Toll Booth Man: Idiots want to earn money!
Homer Simpson: Tax them to death!
Toll Booth Man: Give me back that thousand dollars!
Homer Simpson: D'Oh!:eek:

I've seen the movie twice. That part must have been in the deleted scenes pile. ;)

7/29/2008, 03:45 PM
I've seen the movie twice. That part must have been in the deleted scenes pile. ;)There's a movie?

yermom
7/29/2008, 04:31 PM
who's Homer Simpson?

;)

Frozen Sooner
7/29/2008, 04:35 PM
Yep. Ted's going down. His son is even more corrupt than he is.

Ted's done a lot of good for this state, but if the allegations are true, hang 'em from the highest lamppost.

Mike Rich is a donor to the Begich for Senate campaign

yermom
7/29/2008, 04:41 PM
i was really glad this wasn't about Froz :D

soonerboomer93
7/29/2008, 04:47 PM
what did mikes cat do this time?

7/29/2008, 04:50 PM
i was really glad this wasn't about Froz :DFroze used to defend the "Bridge to Nowhere".

Frozen Sooner
7/29/2008, 05:14 PM
I still do defend the bridges to "Nowhere." I think that many of the opponents didn't understand what the actual issues involved were and took a fairly simplistic view of what was going on.

Jerk
7/29/2008, 06:29 PM
Very true. Whether it's crying during confirmations then doing a crossword, calling gays the biggest single threat to American freedom, saying that abortion doctors should be executed, describing the widely held, standard fact that DDT is dangerous as "junk science", or protesting Schindler's List the man is to the gills crazy.

Ahh...this reminds me of the greatest mass killer in history. Who was responsible for more deaths than any other human being? Rachel Carson.

SicEmBaylor
7/29/2008, 06:48 PM
Tom Coburn is one of the few heroes of the Republican Party. He, Demint, and Sessions are the only three (in my estimation) that are really worth much of a damn. I would gladly trade 99% of the Republican establishment for just ONE more like those three.

yermom
7/29/2008, 06:50 PM
Ahh...this reminds me of the greatest mass killer in history. Who was responsible for more deaths than any other human being? Rachel Carson.

:confused:

royalfan5
7/29/2008, 06:57 PM
Lets not lose sight of the real issue here. There still literally several hundred thousand Alaskans walking around free. Today's indictment is just a long overdue step in the right direction. It's time we focused on the the menace to the north.

7/29/2008, 08:00 PM
Lets not lose sight of the real issue here. There still literally several hundred thousand Alaskans walking around free. Today's indictment is just a long overdue step in the right direction. It's time we focused on the the menace to the north.What you want is a people-free, "natural" Alaska? (just what is the real issue, IYO?)

Whet
7/29/2008, 08:04 PM
wasn't the bridge to an airport? and the only other method to get there was by ferry?

OUDoc
7/29/2008, 08:45 PM
wasn't the bridge to an airport? and the only other method to get there was by ferry?
You take a plane to the airport.
Duh.

SoonerInKCMO
7/29/2008, 08:51 PM
:confused:

She wrote 'Silent Spring'... DDT was banned in some degree due to that book... without DDT, lots of mosquitos spread lots of malaria that killed lots of people.

Frozen Sooner
7/29/2008, 11:15 PM

One of them was, yes. Lost in the hoopla was that there were two bridges being discussed, not one. However, that's the gist of one of them.

Frozen Sooner
7/29/2008, 11:29 PM
Lets not lose sight of the real issue here. There still literally several hundred thousand Alaskans walking around free. Today's indictment is just a long overdue step in the right direction. It's time we focused on the the menace to the north.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

See, I'm all about getting ANWR open when it's the last oil out there. You buggers can pay us $5000/bbl then. ;)