PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Top 10 teams we love to hate.

AZSOONER
7/29/2008, 12:36 PM
The college football team fans love to hate? The discussion used to begin and end in South Bend. But Notre Dame's drop in the polls also caused a drop in our rankings of college football's Public Enemy No. 1.

1. Ohio State
Many college football fans are hoping they don't have to watch the Buckeyes lose in the BCS championship game again. Most of those same fans only wish their teams had gotten there the last two seasons.

2. USC
No team has been as dominant during the last decade as the Trojans. A lot of fans wonder why the NCAA hasn't taken a closer look at how USC has done it.

3. Notre Dame
The Fighting Irish used to own the top spot on this list. Notre Dame used to win a lot more games, too.

4. Florida
The Gators don't get opposing fans' blood boiling as much as they used to -- like when former coach Steve Spurrier was taking jabs at many of his team's opponents. But many fans just can't believe quarterback Tim Tebow is really that good.

5. Oklahoma
The Sooners might be Ohio State Lite. Bob Stoops keeps getting his teams to BCS bowl games, but somehow keeps losing them.

6. Michigan
Add another fan base -- West Virginia -- to the growing allegiance of Wolverine haters.

7. Texas
Fans who hate the Longhorns are more envious than anything else. Everything is bigger in Texas, including the recruiting base, coaching salaries and tradition.

8. Alabama
Many college football fans are tired of hearing about Paul "Bear" Bryant. The Crimson Tide will never stop talking about him.

9. Miami
Coach Randy Shannon has gone a long way in cleaning up the Hurricanes' off-field image. Unfortunately, there was two decades' worth of garbage to clean up.

10. Tennessee
Unless you're a Volunteer fan, "Rocky Top" might sound like Sheryl Crow covering Guns 'N Roses.

badger
7/29/2008, 12:43 PM
New challenge! Yay! I did one in long form, one in sentence form... now for three-word summary format :D

1. Ohio State
Because they suck.

2. USC
Because they cheat.

3. Notre Dame
Because they're outdated.

4. Florida
Because of Tebow.

5. Oklahoma
Because we rule.

6. Michigan
Because of Roddy.

7. Texas
Because of money.

8. Alabama
Because Saban's Satan.

9. Miami
Because they're criminals.

10. Tennessee
Because of Fatty.

Oh how I love these pre-season polls. What will be the next one out? :D

stoops the eternal pimp
7/29/2008, 12:44 PM
Oh wow a shocker...teams that are typically top 10 teams(Miami has been down for a while) are the most hated...

JLEW1818
7/29/2008, 12:45 PM
Dang I wish we were number 1.

badger
7/29/2008, 12:46 PM
Dang I wish we were number 1.

You want to be Ohio State?! :eek:

;)

JLEW1818
7/29/2008, 12:50 PM
You want to be Ohio State?! :eek:

;)

HaHa naw I was j/k. Even if we won it every year, Stoops still would not be hated as much as Petey and Tressel. The looks of those guys makes me want to throw up.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/29/2008, 12:54 PM
I have a list....top 118 teams that don't matter

rondog79
7/29/2008, 01:08 PM
top ten i hate

1 oklahoma state band wagon fan no clue about cfb

2 texas tech cannot beat us without HELP

3 oregon cheating sob's

4 usc espn's love child

5 ohio st overrated weak conf

6 lsu les miles

7 mizzou booger eatin thash talkers

8 miami punks

9 michigan nobodys #10 notre dame damn irish

Boomer_Sooner_sax
7/29/2008, 01:23 PM
My Top 10 that I hate:

1. Oklahoma A&M for obvious reasons
2. LSU...and their fans.
3. Texas...enough said here
4. USC
5. Ohio State
6. Colorado
7. Florida State
8. Boise State (Not just cause they beat us either. Anyone that plays on blue turf deserves to be hated on!)
9. Penn State
10. Any team not already metnioned in the Big 10(11)

Sooner_09
7/29/2008, 03:04 PM
Hm...top 10 teams I hate...
1. texass
2. suc
3. oregon
4. ohio state
5. pokie state
6. boise state
7. colorado
8. texas tech
9. west virginia
10. florida state

JLEW1818
7/29/2008, 03:09 PM
Les Miles or Nick Saben? Who you hate more?

KantoSooner
7/29/2008, 03:21 PM
I hate Jimmy Johnson more than either.

JLEW1818
7/29/2008, 03:30 PM
I don't care for him much either.

gundleok
7/29/2008, 03:41 PM
Leslie Miles.

OUmillenium
7/29/2008, 04:15 PM
1. Texas
2. OSU
3. USC
4. Les Miles
5. Texas Tech fans, team, and officials...Leach is the Bomb
6. Oregon
7. Kansas St
8. Miami
9. Notre Dame
10. Colorado

Honorable Mention POS teams...Tex A&M, Nebraska, Florida St, Syracuse, UCLA

Jacie
7/29/2008, 04:20 PM
And I thought (except for the saxet fans) everyone liked us!

illinisooner
7/29/2008, 07:15 PM
I'd take Tennessee off the list and add LSU, because of their fans and Lester. The Vols aren't really good enough to garner top 10 hate lists these days. I'll also disagree with Notre Dame being on the list, but only because it's a "teams we LOVE to hate" list. I don't love to hate Notre Dame, I just hate them. I love to hate teams like Texas, USC, and Ohio St, but I'd miss them if they suddenly stopped playing college football. However, if Notre Dame stopped playing college football, I'd be happy and wouldn't miss em.

Dan Thompson
7/29/2008, 07:33 PM
My top ten

USC
USC
Miami
Oregon
USC
LSU
how many is that?
USC
USC
USC...

JLEW1818
7/29/2008, 07:42 PM
Do people hate you in Cal ? haha

stoopified
7/29/2008, 08:00 PM
I thought the only OU haters wore Orange(burnt and neon).

Sooner_09
7/29/2008, 08:18 PM
Sometimes I think any team we play's fans hate us.

JLEW1818
7/29/2008, 08:48 PM
Very off Topic but, The Houston Rockets just Traded for Ron Artest.

Charla
7/29/2008, 09:19 PM
my top ten 1. Texas 2. L.S.U. repeat five times

goingoneight
7/29/2008, 09:47 PM
1. Any team who disrespects or stands in the Sooners way of the #1 spot.
2. Pretenders.
3. Teams on the rise.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/30/2008, 03:08 AM
1. Texas, for obvious reasons.
2. Ole Miss, because of the buffoon coaching there now.
3. Tennessee, or as I like to call them, "Rocky Flop."
4. USC, because of "Rah-Rah" Carroll and his mercenaries.
5. Alabama, because of Nick Satan.
6. Florida, because of Urban Cryer and his gimmick offense.
7. Ohio State, just because.
8. Mizzou, because of Dill Pickle Pinkel. And because their journalism school grads think they're above everybody else.
9. Miami. Got some satisfaction from 51-13 last year, but turned out they were a shell of their former selves.
10. Texas A&M. Starting next year, I will hate them double since, along with OU, they begin their rivalry with Arkansas at JerryWorld.

Honorable mention: Auburn, Michigan (shot up the charts because of RichRod), UCLA, West Virginia and BYU.

BoomerGirl34
7/30/2008, 03:18 AM
Top team I hate:

Anyone playing the Sooners.

King Crimson
7/30/2008, 06:52 AM
how are WE Ohio State light? we were the trend-setter in losing back to back BCS championship games. they are johnny come lately.

JLEW1818
7/30/2008, 01:27 PM
Ohio State cornerback Malcolm Jenkins isn't sure how the Buckeyes became one of college football's most hated teams.

Maybe it's the way many Buckeye fans refer to their school as "The" Ohio State University. Maybe it's coach Jim Tressel's sweater vests.
Or maybe it's just all the winning.

"It doesn't surprise me," Jenkins said. "Half the nation doesn't like Ohio State."

On the eve of the 2008 season, many college football fans can't stomach the thought of the Buckeyes once again playing in the BCS championship game. Ohio State lost to Florida 41-14 in the 2006 national title game and 38-24 to LSU last season.

"We lost the games," Jenkins said. "If I was a fan, I'd probably say the same things."

Now that Notre Dame isn't winning very often, the Fighting Irish are no longer the team college football fans love to hate. Teams such as Ohio State, Florida, Oklahoma and USC are the ones that have fans' veins boiling with hatred -- or, worse, envy.

With teams across the country opening preseason camp next week, the sport's best collegiate teams are the ones attached to dart boards. And there are many reasons college football fans love to hate them:

Michigan hates Ohio State because the Buckeyes added four more Ls to Lloyd Carr's first name. The Buckeyes hate Michigan because Carr no longer coaches there.

Florida hates Georgia because the Bulldogs last season danced in the end zone -- and because Urban Meyer didn't think of doing it first. The Bulldogs hate Florida because Tim Tebow dances with stars.

Alabama hates Tennessee because Phillip Fulmer became a sleuth. The Volunteers hate Alabama because the Crimson Tide finally have someone who can coach.

Notre Dame hates Navy because it can't even beat the Midshipmen anymore. Navy hates that it doesn't have coach Paul Johnson anymore.

Florida State's Bobby Bowden hates that Penn State's Joe Paterno won't just quit. Fans of both schools hate that neither one of them has quit.

West Virginia hates Michigan because Rich Rodriguez coaches there. Pittsburgh hates West Virginia because Rodriguez still isn't there.

Texas hates Oklahoma because the Sooners beat the Longhorns with players from Texas. Oklahoma hates Texas because the Horns win their bowl games.

The ACC hates that it hasn't become the SEC. The SEC hates that it leads the country in parolees.

LSU hates that it opens the season against Appalachian State. The Mountaineers hate that they don't get to play Michigan again.

USC hates UCLA because the Bruins hired a cheater. UCLA hates USC because the Trojans still haven't been caught cheating.

LSU hates Alabama because Nick Saban referred to a Tiger fan in not the nicest of terms. Alabama hates Mike Shula because the team Saban inherited can't beat anyone's butts.

Notre Dame hates Illinois because Ron Zook outworks the Irish in recruiting. The Illini hate Iowa because the Hawkeyes still outcoach them.

Louisville hates Arkansas because Bobby Petrino coaches there. The Cardinals hate Petrino because he left them his players.

Stanford hates that it upset USC but couldn't even beat Notre Dame. The Fighting Irish hate that each of Charlie Weis' victories cost more than $1 million.

Kansas hates Missouri because the Tigers beat it. Missouri hates the Jayhawks because it really didn't matter when the BCS invitations were delivered.

Alabama hates Auburn because Tommy Tuberville has two thumbs. The Tigers hate South Florida because the Bulls turned them into bums.

Tennessee hates Duke because the Blue Devils stole its best coach. Clemson hates Arkansas because the Razorbacks didn't hire its coach.

Miami hates Virginia for running up the score. The Cavaliers hate Wyoming because the Cowboys barely let them score.

Steve Spurrier hates that he can't teach South Carolina how to win a title. Georgia fans hate that Spurrier didn't forget how to beat them.

At least there's one thing in which all college football fans can agree: We hate that there are still five more weeks until college football season begins.

Bama-Kin
7/31/2008, 07:59 AM
Nice work.

Can you do it in Iambic Pentameter?

goingoneight
7/31/2008, 08:18 PM
Texas hates Oklahoma because the Sooners beat the Longhorns with players from Texas. Oklahoma hates Texas because the Horns win their bowl games.

Wow... this writer has really out-done himself trying to look stupid.

I can't tell you how bad I want a Holiday Bowl or Alamo Bowl trophy this season.

IronHorseSooner
7/31/2008, 08:50 PM
Texas hates Oklahoma because the Sooners beat the Longhorns with players from Texas. Oklahoma hates Texas because the Horns win their bowl games

To quote from Billy Madison "we are all a more stupid for just hearing that, and may God have mercy on your soul."

GottaHavePride
7/31/2008, 08:54 PM
Who do I hate?

Hmmmm

Texas
Texas Aggies
Sand Aggies
Oklahoma Aggies
Kansas Aggies
Ohio Aggies
Florida Aggies
Miami Aggies
Catholic Aggies

I think that covers it.

JLEW1818
8/1/2008, 12:47 AM
To quote from Billy Madison "we are all a more stupid for just hearing that, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Number 3 on the all time movie list. And yes that guy is dbag.

AZSOONER
8/1/2008, 09:47 AM
how are WE Ohio State light? we were the trend-setter in losing back to back BCS championship games. they are johnny come lately.

Good point.