PDA

View Full Version : Veterans...

Okla-homey
7/28/2008, 06:04 PM
you can now render a hand salute when the flag passes or is being raised or lowered. Being in uniform is not required. Ditto for active-duty troops.

Public Law No. 110-181 changes Section 9 of title 4, United States Code, by striking "all persons present" and all that follows through the end of the section and inserting the following: "all persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Citizens of other countries present should stand at attention. All such conduct toward the flag in a moving column should be rendered at the moment the flag passes."

BigRedJed
7/28/2008, 07:37 PM
They should include something about replacing "home of the brave" with "home of the [insert team name here]s" when singing the Star Spangled Banner. JMO. Flame away...

colleyvillesooner
7/28/2008, 07:47 PM
http://www.99bikes.com.au/images/M_images/atomic-bomb.jpg

Rogue
7/28/2008, 08:17 PM
All the VFW posts I've been to have always done this.
I thought it odd at first.

SoonerStormchaser
7/28/2008, 08:17 PM
Ok...so this means that, if I attend a baseball game or some other sporting event, I get to salute the flag in my civies?

Frozen Sooner
7/28/2008, 08:56 PM
Ok...so this means that, if I attend a baseball game or some other sporting event, I get to salute the flag in my civies?

Seemed pretty straightforward to me...

Curly Bill
7/28/2008, 10:03 PM

Rock on, I'm in!

Scott D
7/28/2008, 11:00 PM
Seemed pretty straightforward to me...

you do realize who you were replying to, right? ;)

StoopTroup
7/29/2008, 12:35 AM
Congrats to you Veterans.

I know many of you stay to code long after active duty and this is a pretty big deal.

Although not a Veteran...I always take my hat off / hand over my heart...I always sing our Anthem.

I truely understand the reasons for doing so.

Thanks to all of you.

ST

Howzit
7/29/2008, 05:37 AM
What if I'm nekid when the flag passes? Do I just stand at attention?

Tulsa_Fireman
7/29/2008, 09:23 AM
BOIOIOIOIOIOINNNNGGGG

StoopTroup
7/29/2008, 09:25 AM
What if I'm nekid when the flag passes? Do I just stand at attention?

You should probably free up one of your hands and put it over your heart.

Howzit
7/29/2008, 11:19 AM
You should probably free up one of your hands and put it over your heart.

No worries, I'm a southpaw.

StoopTroup
7/29/2008, 11:25 AM
Swing batta batta....lol

Flagstaffsooner
7/29/2008, 11:29 AM
When the the state flag of texass passes by I bend over, drop trou and let out a loud raunchous fart.

Lott's Bandana
7/29/2008, 05:09 PM
This will feel kind of strange at first, but I like it.

I always get preturbo'd when people put their hands over their heart at hockey games when "O Canada" is played....nope....shouldn't do it.

Harry Beanbag
7/29/2008, 05:27 PM
In the Navy, you don't salute indoors or when you are uncovered. This would be really strange to do, I'll just stick with the heart thing.

Okla-homey
7/29/2008, 06:31 PM
In the Navy, you don't salute indoors or when you are uncovered. This would be really strange to do, I'll just stick with the heart thing.

Me too. Unless it catches on. If I'm the only guy at the Fock doing it, I would feel like a dork...or even more so than I already do. OTOH, if a lot of other guys are doing it, I would prolly join in because I wouldn't want to be mistaken for a yello bellied sapsucker who didn't serve.;)

Curly Bill
7/29/2008, 11:21 PM
Not only am I gonna salute, but once finished saluting I'm gonna mumble something not quite under my breath about good-for-nothing stinking civilians. :D