PDA

View Full Version : Our Current Class

Sooner74
7/28/2008, 12:26 AM
How do you guys think we are doing? I know we have some underrated talent in the pool so far, but to me it is a bit worrysome that we have mostly 3 stars. It seems like it is leaning towards 3 star average for this class so far. I know stars don't mean squat, but it does say something when the kids are not highly touted out of state. Can anyone shed any light on the situation?

Curly Bill
7/28/2008, 12:30 AM
Most of the 3-star guys (FWIW) are one notch under 4-star according to Rivals. Scout has some of these same players as 4-star. Many of these kids will be 4-star by the end of recruiting as they go and have good seasons, and merely because they've committed to OU. Looks like we are recruiting good solid players on the basis of need. Very pleased with our class so far, though I'd love to land Jamarcus McFarland to go along.

sooners123
7/28/2008, 02:10 AM
Jamarcus's G-Ma wants him here, it's tough to go against that.

Scott D
7/28/2008, 06:13 AM
How do you guys think we are doing? I know we have some underrated talent in the pool so far, but to me it is a bit worrysome that we have mostly 3 stars. It seems like it is leaning towards 3 star average for this class so far. I know stars don't mean squat, but it does say something when the kids are not highly touted out of state. Can anyone shed any light on the situation?

A lot of it has to do with the fact that rankings end up being based more on a player's senior season than anything else. Sure some get good star rankings as juniors, and some of those may change based on summer camps. However, a bulk of a final rating is based on what they do as a senior.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/28/2008, 12:32 PM
No doubt we have a pretty good class, but I opine that repeated disappointments in bowl games has taken a toll.

soonerfan28
7/28/2008, 12:41 PM
Ronnell Lewis was like a 2-star before he accepted a scollie from us. Maybe we are recruiting character more then star status.

MojoRisen
7/28/2008, 12:55 PM
I have checked out the film, all of these guys are highly recruited so I think we are going well to get so many verbals early. Lot of these guys could be 4 stars by next year.

I would like us to get McFarland and Lynn - we are still after like 2-3 more DB's not sure how many we can take - we got 4 verbals

Rhino
7/28/2008, 12:58 PM
Those stars really mean nothing until about halfway through the fall.

Curly Bill
7/28/2008, 12:59 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Lynn! Yep, need him.

BillyBall
7/28/2008, 01:39 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Lynn! Yep, need him.

And Kevin Brent

Sooner74
7/28/2008, 03:05 PM
Oh I agree that we have some good talent, but I mean it does cause a little worry at least from my perspective with so many "unknowns" coming over to us. I know it isn't a big deal now, but to me it seems like a big risk.

Curly Bill
7/28/2008, 03:09 PM
Oh I agree that we have some good talent, but I mean it does cause a little worry at least from my perspective with so many "unknowns" coming over to us. I know it isn't a big deal now, but to me it seems like a big risk.

I got news for you -- they're all unknowns!

No one really knows who will pan out, from HS to college, or from college to the pros.

CatfishSooner
7/28/2008, 03:21 PM
I got news for you -- they're all unknowns!

No one really knows who will pan out, from HS to college, or from college to the pros.

[hairGel] THAT AINT TRUE!!!!!!!!!1111111111

Frozen Sooner
7/28/2008, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't worry much about Ronnell Lewis. The major reason he's not ranked higher is because he played 8-man. If he performs to the coaches' expectations in 11-man this year, he'll be all good.

Curly Bill
7/28/2008, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't worry much about Ronnell Lewis. The major reason he's not ranked higher is because he played 8-man. If he performs to the coaches' expectations in 11-man this year, he'll be all good.

He's already in Rivals top 100. The word is already out on him.

Frozen Sooner
7/28/2008, 04:24 PM
'Swhat I'm sayin'. He's going to shoot up the rankings even more if he does what the coaches think he will against bigger-time opponents.

Curly Bill
7/28/2008, 04:26 PM
'Swhat I'm sayin'. He's going to shoot up the rankings even more if he does what the coaches think he will against bigger-time opponents.

If true, then we land McFarland and Lynn we might have three in the top 50. Put the cherry on top of this class.

goingoneight
7/28/2008, 09:58 PM
All we need is Pete Carroll or an SEC coach to start recruiting OUr guys so they can get more stars.

Curly Bill
7/28/2008, 10:01 PM
All we need is Pete Carroll or an SEC coach to start recruiting OUr guys so they can get more stars.

Lot of truth in that statement.

semperfisooner
7/29/2008, 08:27 PM
Does OU lead on Kevin Brent? I knew he grew up an OU fan.

snp
7/30/2008, 07:05 PM
If Stoops is offering these kids this early then I'm totally fine with it. A few of them probably won't be jumping up the star ranking because they're already committed and might not be going to camps. No reason for Rivals/Scout to try and pimp these guys if they're solid commits and not listening to other schools offers. Can't make any money off those guys.

Does OU lead on Kevin Brent? I knew he grew up an OU fan.

No one really knows. He doesn't talk to the recruiting services much and even if he did, then that wouldn't really be saying much. I think we land him.

7/30/2008, 07:33 PM
Does OU lead on Kevin Brent? I knew he grew up an OU fan.What's his schtick?

okienole3
8/3/2008, 06:07 PM
Just an observation and it probably means squat, but lots of white dudes in this recruiting class.

CatfishSooner
8/4/2008, 04:38 PM
Just an observation and it probably means squat, but lots of white dudes in this recruiting class.

Why do you hate whitey?

8/11/2008, 12:35 AM
In the Rivals top 100, we have only one, #99 Ronnell Lewis. Teams with a bunch from that list are suc, tx, tOSU, tigerbaits, and a few for Clemson andthe U. I didn't notice many for domer, FL or FLA ST.

KingDavid
8/11/2008, 10:46 PM

I agree completely. It means squat.

sooners123
8/12/2008, 12:18 AM
well we added jaz reynolds a consensus low 3 star reciever..... scout reports that he runs a 4.82...... i trust our coaches but i do scratch my head on this one...